Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Big Red Wave

A Big Red Wave

February 7, 2018

A Big Red Wave

By Michael E. Young

If you take the time to sit down to read the Nunes Memo, you start to realize that the claims being made on the political right aren’t just hyperbole. Nor are they a disingenuous attempt by the Trump administration to discredit the Mueller probe. It increasingly appears to be the biggest government scandal in U.S. history: the weaponization of the DOJ and FBI by the Obama administration to shield their presidential candidate and assail an opposing party’s presidential campaign and subsequent presidency. This is earth-shattering stuff. Yet, what are we hearing from the mainstream media (MSM)? Not just denial, but teeth-gnashing defiance. It leaves a reasonable person in a state of fear. What is happening? This is not our American system. Could they really be on the attack in the face of damning evidence and facts? And then I had a revelation.

This defiance by Dems and their MSM lapdogs may lead to a big red wave in the midterms. They are trying to defend the indefensible. That’s why your blood pressure shoots up when you hear them speak. More evidence will continue to come out and I predict that the Dems will continue with the same strategy --- keep blaming Trump. Have the Dems gone mad, or is this a kamikaze mission?

There have been reports that the DNC is going broke and the Dems are leaderless and directionless. This is easy to believe. It is becoming more evident that in this void of leadership, they have started to follow the MSM and its agenda, instead of the other way around. This a disaster for Dems because the media isn’t considering the merits of policy positions. The MSM are chasing ratings. They are dealing in the currency of Trump Derangement Syndrome. They are dealing in the currency of identity politics and the grievance industry. They are always on the hunt for anyone with a shred of credibility to fire up an even more potent batch of hysterical brew to serve to their viewers.

Following that path, one can only conclude that these Democratic leaders are clueless. Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer: what are they thinking? As Rush Limbaugh put it on his radio show on Tuesday, “Whatever is good for America, is bad for the Democrats. Whatever is bad for America, is good for the Democrats.” Do they really think this is the path forward that leads to more votes? I imagine even Barack Obama himself must sit back and laugh in amazement at the line these fools are trying to toe for him. Why would they choose to die on this hill for Obama actors and career DOJ/FBI partisans? It’s all going to backfire and the entire left will be blindsided again because, guess what? Not every Democrat or Independent drinks every glass of Kool-Aid Wolf Blitzer serves up for them.

America is brimming with good, proud, and honorable people with families. They go to work each day and do their best. They enjoy their families, friends, and communities. Ultimately, citizens just want a system that is not on the political fringes. They want a balanced system that works for them -- the American system, the system that made this country the best, freest country in history. Not a system of corruption that subverts the rule of law at the highest levels. Not a system chock full of double standards that favors the ruling class and their whimsical causes. It simply won’t be allowed to stand.

This crop of Dems appears poised to learn the hard way that the path back to prominence will only open up when they turn the compass back toward the center. That means considering Americans before foreigners. It also means showing even the slightest adherence and respect for the laws they’ve enacted. I’m not sure that history will ever truly reflect how badly disconnected from the rule of law Obama left the Democratic party. Traditional Dems and liberals should be distraught by wave of destruction Obama left in his wake. Sadly, the echo chamber will never tell this tale.

I no longer find myself getting worked up when I’m near a public TV tuned to CNN spewing the incessant demagoguery. I snicker and shake my head. I deeply enjoy the next most outrageous claim they’ll make, because I know that people aren’t buying it anymore. I know the MSM are digging in and digging deeper and I applaud them. Keeping digging guys! Faster… faster! The MSM and Dems learned nothing from the election of Donald J. Trump.

You might ask -- What about all the statistics that show incoming administrations tend to lose the House in the first midterms? Response -- those statistics don’t encompass the largest governmental corruption scandal in history and a party that refuses to acknowledge or take any responsibility for it. I offer to my fellow conservatives good tidings: the Dems are headed for a path of destruction, and they don’t even realize it, because they never pulled their heads out of the echo chamber. If they continue down this path thinking that the collective TDS stance will carry them across the goal line, they will find themselves in the path of a big red wave. Bet on it.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some Americans want government to just leave them alone....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I don't see that choice on the ballot. Can you help a brother out?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I don't see that choice on the ballot. Can you help a brother out?
    With over 1/2 the population dependent on government largess just to eat we're never going to see such a thing on a ballot.

With over 1/2 the population dependent on government largess just to eat we're never going to see such a thing on a ballot.
    Less people on food stamps right now. Trump is looking to scale back welfare--starting with Medicare and Medicaid.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Word

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Less people on food stamps right now. Trump is looking to scale back welfare--starting with Medicare and Medicaid.
    "Employees" and pensioners comprise a larger segment of the tit-suckers than the welfare crowd...They do more damage too...

The Democratic party and Libertarian far left has gone so full retard the average people want no part of it.

It is a shame the open borders Libertarians are pulling the entire liberty movement into the abyss. Obviously that is the entire purpose of the establishment that controls each party in this case the so called open border sect of libertarians, which is simply an establishment driven sham.

It is unfortunate the Paul's still walk on eggs and tip toe around people that want to ensure libertarian beliefs are dropped into the dust bin of history. But it understandable considering how strong the libertarian establishment is since the opposition has a history of attacking the Paul's to put them in their place.

I would hope with the latest controversy with the LP establishment aligning themselves with the likes of Glenn Beck and others, that the Paul's will finally take notice and fight for the mantle of the LP, regardless of the LP establishment opposition.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-08-2018 at 07:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Employees" and pensioners comprise a larger segment of the tit-suckers than the welfare crowd...They do more damage too...
    The federal government under Trump has 11,000 less workers

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Okay?

Any less pensioners?

How much has the federal payroll been reduced?

Post some relevant numbers eh?

Okay?

Any less pensioners?

How much has the federal payroll been reduced?

Post some relevant numbers eh?
    All I know is that if Hillary won there would be more workers, more pensioners.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I know 2018 will swing Republican. The question is what kind of Republican? New boss, same as old boss?

Not only are Dems leaderless, they and their allies have been especially annoying on the culture wars front, and I'm positive most Americans hate the culture wars (what's called the culture war, anyway). They're pressing "justice" issues harder than real matters. That's gonna kill them until they Balkanize or rally to a figurehead most voters can agree with again.

All I know is that if Hillary won there would be more workers, more pensioners.
    So ya' only got the head instead of the whole strap-on......

This time.

Out of 3 million workers, not much change. Plus he wants at least 15,000 more to watch the border and drink coffee. And a lot of government workers have been switched over to being called private contractors- still getting government pay (taxpayer money) but not officially government employees anymore.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-07-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Out of 3 million workers, not much change. Plus he wants at least 15,000 more to watch the border and drink coffee. And a lot of government workers have been switched over to being called private contractors- still getting government pay (taxpayer money) but not officially government employees anymore.
    As you know Zip I have no desire to see fed govt grow . I do though imagine the avg american majority , could care less if they expand the border patrol .

12,000 actually, or a whopping 0.4% of the total.

To get an idea of what that means in the grand scheme of things, here's the 10 year chart

As you can see, federal employment was actually lower during several years of the Obama administration.

And when cuts occurred, they were larger than 12k/year.

Now, the very long term chart...

So, at Trump's rate of -12k per year, we'll be back to an appropriate level of federal employment around 2180 A.D.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

To get an idea of what that means in the grand scheme of things, here's the 10 year chart

As you can see, federal employment was actually lower during several years of the Obama administration.

And when cuts occurred, they were larger than 12k/year.

Now, the very long term chart...

So, at Trump's rate of -12k per year, we'll be back to an appropriate level of federal employment around 2180 A.D.

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. And Hillary would have been worse. Besides, those charts are probably just Soros propaganda anyway.

Did I miss any of the main ones?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. And Hillary would have been worse. Besides, those charts are probably just Soros propaganda anyway.

CPUd's a $#@!

Id wager a great many of those 12k chose to retire and are now getting a federal pension anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Id wager a great many of those 12k chose to retire and are now getting a federal pension anyways.
    No doubt

CPUd's a $#@!

Of course. How could I have forgotten that one.
    Chris

The 2018 NDAA increased the size of the active duty military by 16,600.

Are you counting those federal workers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

CPUd's a $#@!
    It's a super secret multidimensional chess strategy

This is what freedom really is

obomba did it first
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Food Stamp Enrollment Drops by Four Million in One Month

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ7 Feb 2018

Four million people dropped off the food stamp rolls in one month, according to the latest numbers on food stamp enrollment from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The latest USDA data show that the number of participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the government program that administers food stamps, dropped from 45,666,795 in October 2017 to 41,658,868 in November 2017 — a staggering decrease of 4,007,927 over one month.

Even though there was a temporary spike in enrollment, mostly concentrated in a few states that caused the national average of food stamp enrollment to spike, nationwide enrollment in the program as a whole is still on a steady decline.

Enrollment in the program sharply increased by 3.5 million during the first month of fiscal year (FY) 2018 (October 2017) mostly due to heavy increases in temporary SNAP enrollment in hurricane-affected states such as Florida and Texas.

In Florida alone, food stamp participation soared by 2.5 million from September to October due to the state administering Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) benefits to poor residents affected by Hurricane Irma.

The USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service approved Florida’s request to administer these special D-SNAP benefits beginning September 10, 2017.

A spokesperson for Florida’s Department of Children and Families (DCF) — the program that administers food stamp benefits in Florida — confirmed with Breitbart News that the dramatic increase in SNAP enrollment in the state was due to disaster relief, but that most food stamp recipients were not normal beneficiaries of the food stamp program.

“The dramatic increase in SNAP recipients in the fall was related to the state’s administration of the federal disaster SNAP program following the impact of Hurricane Irma. To qualify for the federal disaster food assistance program, individuals must have lived or worked in one of the 48 declared counties on September 5, and NOT be a customer in the regular food assistance program,” said DCF Communications Director Jessica Sims.

Sims added that DCF handed out D-SNAP benefits totaling more than $1 billion to 3.1 million people in the months following Hurricane Irma, but the state curtailed its D-SNAP benefit program on December 3.

The sharp decline in food stamp enrollment over one month reflects how states like Florida have curtailed their temporary food stamp benefit programs for those affected by natural disasters.

But it also highlights an ongoing downward trend in food stamp enrollment that has been going on for several years since state legislatures enacted welfare reform measures designed to get people back into the workforce.

The Trump administration announced that it would adopt some of these state welfare reform measures — such as requiring food stamp recipients to work a certain number of hours per week — and implement them at the federal level, causing nationwide food stamp enrollment to plunge even further.

Over the past year since President Donald Trump took office, enrollment in SNAP dropped by two million. The latest food stamp numbers show that the downward trend over the past year — and every year after 2013 — is continuing.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29

the dems and their ultra-left agenda is done for a while. Maybe a generation. Thanks to the white hats, the Patriots, and the President. Above all, thanks to God.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    It's a super secret multidimensional chess strategy

This is what freedom really is

obomba did it first

Ron Paul on steroids!
    Chris

Read the whole thread and no one discussed the OP...

I will begin.

I think the author is a bit optimistic. I think people in this country are stupid, on both sides. Yes, Trump won. Yes, people are beginning to see through the MSM bias and bogus partisanship. People are no less stupid, though. You still have 64 million Hillary voters that would burn their own cities down and send every one of us to the gulag or worse if they could chalk up a 'win' in 2018.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    the dems and their ultra-left agenda is done for a while. Maybe a generation. Thanks to the white hats, the Patriots, and the President. Above all, thanks to God.
    That is right TER , they are still out there . While everyone bickers about the different flavors of freedom they would like, rest assured the leftists will all march in lock step with whatever crazy and evil things they conspire on the rest of us .

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Read the whole thread and no one discussed the OP...

I will begin.

I think the author is a bit optimistic. I think people in this country are stupid, on both sides. Yes, Trump won. Yes, people are beginning to see through the MSM bias and bogus partisanship. People are no less stupid, though. You still have 64 million Hillary voters that would burn their own cities down and send every one of us to the gulag or worse if they could chalk up a 'win' in 2018.
    I think so .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast