Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Administration Approves Airgun Blasting in Atlantic

Thumbs up Trump Administration Approves Airgun Blasting in Atlantic

The Trump administration today approved five permits that allow harm to whales, dolphins and other animals so companies can search for oil off the Atlantic Coast using loud seismic airgun blasts. Allowing these exploration activities from Delaware to Florida is the first step toward opening the Atlantic to new oil drilling, as the administration proposed in January.

More at: https://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-...lantic/5661650
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The permits allow the firing of seismic airguns from ships every 10 seconds, 24 hours a day, for weeks at a time, at a noise level that would rupture a human eardrum.

Their ears are their eyes. Their eyesight itself is very limited. Their ears are what allows them to “see” the world around them, to know how far away from them predators, food, and the rest of their pod are. Their ears are so sensitive whales can talk to one another when they are hundreds of miles apart. In cases of seismic blasting which killed marine mammals like in Peru a few years back or Madagascar, necropsies on marine mammals who didnt just sink in the ocean (which most do when they die) but were found in the thousands dead on the beaches were shown with blood pouring out of their ears. These necropsies also showed that these marine mammals were otherwise healthy: the seismic blasting itself busted their eardrums and killed them. In other cases where the seismic blasting didnt kill marine mammals immediately, it did deafen them so they died a slow agonizing death of starvation (because they could not find food since they were now blind) or were easy prey to predators.

More than 220 municipalities along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts have formally opposed oil and gas drilling and seismic airgun blasting.

Yes almost every single township along the US East Coast has voted against this. Every East Coast governor except Maine’s governor has come out against this — both Republican and Democrat. State attorney generals and state congressmen have come out against this along the whole east coast. And US congressmen from both parties have strongly come out against this... including libertarian leaning Republicans like Walter Jones (NC) and Mark Sanford (SC).

i believe God wants man to live in harmony with, and care for, the natural world and all its sentient beings, not exploit and destroy it for greed, power, money and selfishness. There are 7 billion humans on this earth and 411 right whales left on the planet. If the seismic blasting doesnt completely destroy their species, the endless everyday oil spills coming our way in the Atlantic will. Oil companies are supposed to call in their endless spills but they dont because they would have to pay for the damage they have done: volunteers who do flyovers of the Gulf have found not only do the oil companies not call in their spills but when they do, they vastly underestimate it so their penalty is minimal. The coast guard simply doesnt have the manpower to monitor the literally tens of thousands of oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico. So the Gulf is dying. One volunteer who is a retired physicist from NASA said decades ago when she did flyovers, the Gulf was teeming with life. She told me when she does flyovers now it is rare when she sees any life. Scientists who evaluated the blubber of sperm whales all over the planet reported that the blubber of sperm whales from the Gulf of Mexico was more polluted and filled with toxins than anywhere else on earth. Shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico have been found in large numbers to be deformed from exposure to bp oil: many have huge downs syndrome type heads, no eyes, and other deformities.

The elements in oil like benzene are carcinogenic — bottlenose dolphins off Louisiana are continuing to suffer and die from exposure to oil. Many also miscarry calfs because oil greatly affects the reproductive systems of mammals (including humans). A few years back a bottlenose dolphin in the Gulf carried around her miscarried and dead calf for weeks hoping it would take its first breath of air. Finally after weeks of this heartbreaking scene, she pushed her dead calf to a nearby boat of recreational fishermen who said it was like she was saying “i can’t make my calf take its first breath of air: can you help me”? When they couldnt do anything, she finally accepted the reality and swam away leaving her dead calf to fall to the bottom. Similarly the population of humpback whales off Valdez have literally had no calfs since that oil spill decades ago and as the population ages there will eventually be no more from that pod.

Taylor Energy has been spilling oil nonstop into the Gulf of Mexico for 14 years: the estimated 700 barrels a day which spill from their oil well started when a hurricane ripped up production wells and could continue spilling oil at this same rate for the rest of the century, according to the Interior Department. Hurricanes in the Gulf Coast are relatively mild compared to the Atlantic. 40 foot waves are not unusual in the Atlantic. There will be huge oil spills from this and because of the Gulf Stream these spills will not be able to be contained in one location. The coastal communities up and down the east coast and the $billions their economies generate from tourism and the seafood industry will be destroyed. Trump will destroy the livelihoods of millions of people for a finite amount of oil. And, yes, as is currently occurring in the Gulf of Mexico and in the one well off California’s coast, federal law allows the dumping of all extremely toxic fracking chemicals into federal waters for offshore fracking for gas. All this so the US can sell even more gas than it already does to the 1.3 billion humans in India and the rest of the planet.

If you want to drill for oil or gas, drill on land. Oil and water do not mix. Yes the Gulf has seeps, and these seeps are small enough that natural bacteria around them can consume them without harming other life. But the bacteria cannot keep up with the unnatural endless oil spills from tens of thousands of offshore wells. And people on the Atlantic seaboard in coastal communities have made it very clear to Trump (as they did to Obama) that they do not want this. Trump needs to listen to the millions of people who will be negatively affected by this rather than being a crony corporatist for the oil companies.

7 billion humans on this planet. 411 right whales. Scientists predict by the year 2045 there will be no more wild fish in the sea because of overfishing and human pollution. The ocean produces 50 percent of the oxygen on our planet. How? The excrement of fish fertizes the phytoplankton which produces the oxygen. No more fish in the oceans mean the oceans die: and when the oceans die, we die.

Even if you don’t care about the suffering, dying and extinction of intelligent, sentient, marine mammals, even if you don’t care that $billion dollar tourism and seafood economies along the east coast will be destroyed, do you really want to eat deformed shrimp, polluted fish and seafood, and push forward to a day when all life in our oceans are gone? Many here will say ‘yes’, and that is where i differ strongly with libertarians. i don’t want to live in a world overpopulated with humans that have completely exploited and destroyed the natural world: everytime i drive through the overpopulated northern Virginia where it’s a challenge to find a blade of green grass in a concrete jungle, i cringe. Joni Mitchell was right when she sang: “Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone; they paved paradise and they put up a parking lot.” I believe God wants us to care for the natural world and sentient beings we share this earth with, not destroy and exploit it for human and corporate greed, power, and selfishness. And apparently voting municipalities along the entire east coast, representing millions of people currently living in harmony with nature, agree.

After reading title thought MAGA was boosting Airgun Rights but this is still pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Their ears are their eyes. Their eyesight itself is very limited. Their ears are what allows them to “see” the world around them, to know how far away from them predators, food, and the rest of their pod are. Their ears are so sensitive whales can talk to one another when they are hundreds of miles apart.. .
    They are not Americans.

A thumbs up for a pay to play system on the RPFs.

lol

3 x 5
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    A thumbs up for a pay to play system on the RPFs.

lol

3 x 5
    Support for government restrictions on private enterprise on RPFs

LOL

3x5

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Support for government restrictions on private enterprise on RPFs

LOL

3x5
    I don't get it. Are you saying that permits are free?

Do you understand what pay to play means?
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 12-04-2018 at 02:20 AM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

I don't get it. Are you saying that permits are free?

Do you understand what pay to play means?
    Are you saying a ban is better?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I said what I said. Is your comprehension limited?
    Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I said what I said. Is your comprehension limited?
    You said that moving from a ban to permits is bad.

That would seem to indicate that a ban is better than permits.

That is nonsense, this is an improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You said that moving from a ban to permits is bad.

That would seem to indicate that a ban is better than permits.

That is nonsense, this is an improvement.
    As far as I can tell, you are not a business owner. If you are not a business owner, or have not dabbled in business, I can't really expect you to understand.

Keep on keeping on, non business owner.
    Ron Paul

As far as I can tell, you are not a business owner. If you are not a business owner, or have not dabbled in business, I can't really expect you to understand.
    Tell me how a ban is better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell me how a ban is better.
    You touted pay to play, first.

(3 x 5)
    Ron Paul

Keep on keeping on, non business owner.
    I have helped to run the family business, it was much better to be able to get a permit than if we had been banned entirely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Astound me, employee.
    Ron Paul

You touted pay to play, first.
    There was a ban and Trump moved in the right direction to a permit system, it isn't better but it is an improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Astound me, employee.
    You need to astound me by explaining how a ban is better than a permit system.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-04-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It isn't better, but it's an improvement? Perhaps you are a bot.
    Ron Paul

It isn't better, but it's an improvement. Perhaps you are a bot.
    A ban is an improvement?

Do explain how.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There was a ban and Trump moved in the right direction to a permit system, it isn't better but it is an improvement.
    Brilliant.
    Ron Paul

Pay to play.
    Ron Paul

Brilliant.
    You have yet to explain how a permit system isn't an improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pay to play.
    What's so great about a ban?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What family business, ss?

A business where permits give you an edge over your competition?
    Ron Paul

Explain your government aggression angle.
    Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What family business, ss?

A business where permits give you an edge over your competition?
    A business where permits allowed us to operate at all.

It was a propane delivery business.

People would have been much worse off in the area if it had been banned entirely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hello?

Oh yes, the crystal ball. Just what I expected.
    Ron Paul

Explain your government aggression angle.
    Less is better than more.

Now you explain how more is supposed to be better than less.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hello?
    Hello?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

$#@! the whale watching business, ss's family business is what's important here..
    Ron Paul

Hello?

Oh yes, the crystal ball. Just what I expected.
    Are you talking to someone else?
    Someone in your head perhaps?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast