Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "God Will Judge Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I could only hope you would agree with the WORD of God. Wisdom is understanding God's WORD--chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

To quote Morpheus from the movie the Matrix:
    "...But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Proverbs 10:23 - [It is] as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
    So...... OK, I'll take this as you can't describe what you are trying to say in your own words.

But then, if you can't describe a concept from the Bible that you believe, how well do you really understand it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I made a comment to you in another thread yesterday to say this very thing, in an attempt to spread the awareness that it profits no one to go on and on personally condemning others, and that by judging others' salvation someone would be acting as God, imitating His omnipotence, omniscience, and His divine right to judge the salvation of us all. As mere humans, we have no place to make such claims on others' fate.

I am indeed comforted knowing that ultimately, it is God who will judge me. I say this knowing full well that the punishment He can give is very serious, and that he always knows our hearts, through good thoughts and bad. I am especially comforted knowing that it is God, and not AB/SF who will be judging me. Even if God were to cast me to hell, I would hope that I can be humble and trusting enough to go happily by my master's wishes, as a kitten comforted by its mother's jaws on its neck.
    If you fear the judgement of men more than the judgement of God, then you are deceived, and you don't understand the holiness of God and the darkness of your sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I don't fear your judgement, I just find it rude, impolite, and disruptive to conversations here, so that brought me to explaining why it might be a bad thing to do.
    If you think the judgement from men is something you find uncomfortable, then you have no idea what the judgement of the Holy God of the Universe is like. It doesn't even compare.
    Huh? How does that follow?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    No one informed me I won the Election Lotto, so I'm going to Hell.
    Yet God is calling you this day to repent and trust in Him for slavation, and you reject Him.
    Satirizing your blather is tantamount to refusing to be God's slave?

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    These are two separate questions.

The fruits of the Spirit are listed by St Paul and St John, and namely comes down to love and all the virtues which stem from love of God and our neighbor.

As for the second question, yes, according to Christ, the Apostles, and the testimony of the Saints, the Divine Eucharist is literally the Body and Blood of Christ and is communion with God, which is why we should partake of it with reverence and faith. .
    TER is wrong again about the Lords Supper. Why would Paul have warned that you examine yourself before you eat if it was just automatic that the Lords Supper equals literal communion with God?
    Self-righteous and untrue (Luke 18:9–14 - Proverbs 19:5 - Titus 3:2) judgment is wrong.

Matthew 7:1 - 7:2
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

James 4:11 - 4:12
    11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
    12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 2:1 - 2:3
    1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
    2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
    3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
    Right. You shouldn't speak evil of a brother in Christ. But we don't believe the same things about God. I can't call you a brother, or sister.

You believe that Satan had physical sex with Eve to produce a race of Satanic people (black people?). I think that is reprehensible, and completely refuted by the text. I believe salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone, you don't. We don't worship the same gods.
    Unfounded claims about what the poster believes, compounded by adding words and meaning to the verses.

Well, do you believe the Serpent Seed heresy or not? I don't want to misrepresent you.
    If you don't want to misrepresent her, you presumably don't want to misrepresent half the people in this thread, and a handful of Bible verses too. So why are you doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Well it did piss him off..

But God is Just above all.. The object of His Wrath is the Evil that led to Man's Fall.

The object of His Wrath is the cause of the War in Heaven.

This is the Great Hope that keeps me while doing time on planet earth.
    God is just? But you deny God's justice in punishing evil men. You are saying He isn't just.

You're not here to represent me. If you do not understand the beginning, you will never understand the end. I do keep you in my prayers, though.
    Well, represent yourself then. Do you believe that Satan had sex with Eve to produce the Kenites? And why do you believe that given that Genesis clearly says Adam and Eve had sex to conceive Cain?

Well, represent yourself then. Do you believe that Satan had sex with Eve to produce the Kenites? And why do you believe that given that Genesis clearly says Adam and Eve had sex to conceive Cain?

Can you explain why Adam's genealogy is void of any mention of Cain?

Genesis 5 (KJV)

5 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:

10 And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:

11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.

12 And Cainan lived seventy years and begat Mahalaleel:

13 And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:

14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

15 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:

16 And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:

17 And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.

18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech.

26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:

31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Can you explain why Adam's genealogy is void of any mention of Cain?
    Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4). Can you explain why none of them are mentioned in the geneology?

Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4). Can you explain why none of them are mentioned in the geneology?
    Where is that written Adam had other sons other than Seth?

Cain's genealogy is in Genesis 4.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is that written Adam had other sons other than Seth?

Cain's genealogy is in Genesis 4.
    Genesis 5:4 The days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years; and he had other sons and daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Genesis 5:4 The days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years; and he had other sons and daughters.
    Yes, but none were made in the likeness of Adam. Seth was the seed line in which Christ would come. Again, Cain is not mentioned in Chapter 5.

Genesis 4:25 - 26
    25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
    26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

ETA: Food for thought...

Rightly-Dividing the Word of Truth
    http://www.kjvbible.org/exwords.html
    Last edited by donnay; 06-14-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Donnay, the serpent seed teaching was started by Gnostic sects in the first couple of centuries and was never a teaching of the Christian Church. These Gnostic sects, which were docetic in theology and had many other wild claims, were the first heretics which the Church struggled against. They twisted Scripture in order to justify their docetic beliefs. The early Church writers wrote extensively against these heretical beliefs which were foreign to the teachings handed down by the Apostles. I would be very careful in ascribing to these notions which are unbiblical and have never been considered to be according to the deposit of the faith. Every Christian Saint has taught that Cain is the son of Adam and Eve and none teach that Eve had sexual relations with Satan. Only in the past couple of hundred years has this theory started up again by certain Protestant sects along with other Gnostic heresies.
    Last edited by TER; 06-14-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Donnay, the serpent seed teaching was started by Gnostic sects in the first couple of centuries and was never a teaching of the Christian Church. These Gnostic sects, which were docetic in theology and had many other wild claims, were the first heretics which the Church struggled against. They twisted Scripture in order to justify their docetic beliefs. The early Church writers wrote extensively against these heretical beliefs which were foreign to the teachings handed down by the Apostles. I would be very careful in ascribing to these notions which are unbiblical and have never been considered to be according to the deposit of the faith. Every Christian Saint has taught that Cain is the son of Adam and Eve and none teach that Eve had sexual relations with Satan. Only in the past couple of hundred years has this theory started up again by certain Protestant sects along with other Gnostic heresies.
    Do you believe the fallen angels had relations with the daughters of men to bare children?

Do you believe in the Rapture, TER?

Do you believe the fallen angels had relations with the daughters of men to bare children?
    This is a controversial teaching which is rejected by the majority of the Christian Saints. It is found in the non-canonical Book of Enoch which the Ethiopian Orthodox Church holds as sacred, however, rejected by the remainder of the Oriental Orthodox Churches. Even within the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, (which has MANY books within its canon, some regarded less than others, the Book of Enoch being one of them), it is controversial and their official teaching is that it is not possible for fallen angels to have physical sex with humans.

There were a handful of Eastern Orthodox Saints in the early centuries who did ascribe to this teaching, probably influenced by the Book of Enoch, but the overwhelming consensus is that it is an inaccurate teaching and one of the reasons why the Book of Enoch was not added to the Biblical Canon.

As no Holy Ecumenical Council has either affirmed or denied this teaching, it still remains as theological opinion. Nevertheless, it would be a fringe beilef within the Orthodox Church.
    Last edited by TER; 06-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    +

Do you believe in the Rapture, TER?
    Not exactly sure what you mean by the Rapture, as its meaning is relative and varied according to certain group's beliefs.
    +

Genesis 4:1

"Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, 'I have gotten a manchild with the help of the Lord.'"
    The serpent seed crap completely refuted. Adam had sex with Eve and conceived Cain. End of story.

Also, be careful, because the websites Donnay reads tells her that anyone trying teach against this doctrine is a "Kenite" too, from the bloodline of Satan hahaha.... Now I can understand why she calls anyone who disagrees with her "Satan" and those things. Oh boy.... Only on the internet.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, the Kenite doctrine is used by several groups to say that one or the other race is from the devil. The black Hebrew Israelites use it to say that the white man is the devil. The Christian Identity movement uses it to say black people are the devil.

It's just a reprehensible and clearly unbiblical idea.

This is a controversial teaching which is rejected by the majority of the Christian Saints. It is found in the non-canonical Book of Enoch which the Ethiopian Orthodox Church holds as sacred, however, rejected by the remainder of the Oriental Orthodox Churches. Even within the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, (which has MANY books within its canon, some regarded less than others, the Book of Enoch being one of them), it is controversial and their official teaching is that it is not possible for fallen angels to have physical sex with humans.

There were a handful of Eastern Orthodox Saints in the early centuries who did ascribe to this teaching, probably influenced by the Book of Enoch, but the overwhelming consensus is that it is an inaccurate teaching and one of the reasons why the Book of Enoch was not added to the Biblical Canon.

As no Holy Ecumenical Council has either affirmed or denied this teaching, it still remains as theological opinion. Nevertheless, it would be a fringe beilef within the Orthodox Church.
    Also, whether such a thing is even possible or did happen as described in Enoch, the idea that Cain is the love child of Eve and Satan is completely heretical, anti-Biblical, and rejected outright.
    +

Actually, the angelic view (of Genesis 6:4) was nearly unanimous in the early days of Christianity, and it wasn't until hundreds of years later that the Sethite view came about.

I started doing a video on this topic but I never finished it. I really should finish it because obviously it's still a much debated and controversial topic.

I believe the angelic view of Genesis 6… But that is different than the Serpent seed thing. I definitely do not believe in the Serpent seed theory.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Where did the Giants come from then?

Not exactly sure what you mean by the Rapture, as its meaning is relative and varied according to certain group's beliefs.
    The Rapture Doctrine. Many are taught that you do not have to understand the book of Revelations, because you will be Raptured out of here.

Also, the Kenite doctrine is used by several groups to say that one or the other race is from the devil. The black Hebrew Israelites use it to say that the white man is the devil. The Christian Identity movement uses it to say black people are the devil.

It's just a reprehensible and clearly unbiblical idea.
    There you go again, twisting things. You are lying and do not know what you are talking about. Such nonsense flows from your fingertips.

Also, whether such a thing is even possible or did happen as described in Enoch, the idea that Cain is the love child of Eve and Satan is completely heretical, anti-Biblical, and rejected outright.
    That's fine no one is forcing you to believe something that goes against what you were taught, Just put it on a shelf for later.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Actually, the angelic view (of Genesis 6:4) was nearly unanimous in the early days of Christianity, and it wasn't until hundreds of years later that the Sethite view came about.

I started doing a video on this topic but I never finished it. I really should finish it because obviously it's still a much debated and controversial topic.

I believe the angelic view of Genesis 6… But that is different than the Serpent seed thing. I definitely do not believe in the Serpent seed theory.
    I don't think it was unanimous, but it was a common teaching.
    +

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where did the Giants come from then?
    Giants also is a relative term. The Philistines were considered to be giants compared to the Israelites (even though the heights were probably like 5 foot for the Israelites and 6 foot for the Philistines! Lol)
    +

The Rapture Doctrine. Many are taught that you do not have to understand the book of Revelations, because you will be Raptured out of here.
    If you are talking about the modern Protestant Evangelical theory and version of events similar to the 'Left Behind' series, than no, the Orthodox Church has never taught it.
    +

That's fine no one is forcing you to believe something that goes against what you were taught, Just put it on a shelf for later.
    I won't put it on a shelf if it is outright condemned by the Church.

Now, the teachings we discussed earlier about fallen angels found in the Book of Enoch, that I will put on the shelf!
    +

The black Hebrew Israelites use it to say that the white man is the devil. The Christian Identity movement uses it to say black people are the devil.
    They're both right.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Giants also is a relative term. The Philistines were considered to be giants compared to the Israelites (even though the heights were probably like 5 foot for the Israelites and 6 foot for the Philistines! Lol)
    What do you make of this scripture?

Genesis 6:4 (KJV)
    4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

1 Samuel 17:4 (KJV)
    4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

There you go again, twisting things. You are lying and do not know what you are talking about. Such nonsense flows from your fingertips.
    No, I think the nonsense is coming from your cult websites. But hey, there's all kinds of nutty things out there that have no basis in the Bible.

What do you make of this scripture?

Genesis 6:4 (KJV)
    4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

1 Samuel 17:4 (KJV)
    4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
    From that I get that NBA basketball players are all from Satan. Probably aliens too.

This is literally Ronin Truth stuff here folks..... Unreal...
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 06-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.

If you are talking about the modern Protestant Evangelical theory and version of events similar to the 'Left Behind' series, than no, the Orthodox Church has never taught it.
    Darby Doctrine/ Fly Away Doctrine is what many call it.

Ezekiel 13:18 Context

God speaking:

15Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it; 16To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD. 17Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them, 18And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you? 19And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies? 20Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. 21Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast