Thread: Fox will use virtual fans for filling MLB stadiums

Fox will use virtual fans for filling MLB stadiums

How long before this is used for political purposes?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/25/2...y-stadiums-mlb

Baseball is back. But the MLB will look a little different in the COVID-19 world, with empty stadiums full of silent cardboard cutouts instead of thousands of screaming fans in an effort to avoid spreading the virus. That is unless you’re watching on Fox Sports. Starting this weekend, the network will not only be piping in fake fan audio, but it’ll also be filling the stands with digitally rendered fans for its MLB broadcasts, starting with this Saturday’s Yankees-Nationals game.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone watch sports?

So weird.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Won't be surprised if the NFL adopts this as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Basketball is planning on using audio from the NBA2k video games. Thought this was a little odd when I heard this a month or two ago but I guess everyone is doing.

I think even golf was piping in cheering sounds last week. Crazy.

Translation:

Fox, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, which was supposed to be for limited government, and healthcare between person and private physician, now openly supports government mandates and Gates’ CDC.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I watched a few moments of an MLB game yesterday with the cut-out "fans". All I could think was "why bother?" Seriously, what is the point of that?? Just leave the seats empty. It's not like it's fooling anyone or serves a purpose.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I watched a few moments of an MLB game yesterday with the cut-out "fans". All I could think was "why bother?" Seriously, what is the point of that?? Just leave the seats empty. It's not like it's fooling anyone or serves a purpose.
    People pay a hundred bucks each to have their picture on one of those cut-outs.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Really? smh

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ya, UFC, they haven't been pandering the leftists.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I predict the left will complain that the cardboard cutouts aren't wearing masks and it is a poor example for the tv audience, so they should have masks on.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That seems like such a waste.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Fox News is nothing but a laugh track.

Why should Fox Sports be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hell, play a virtual game of your own on your computer. At least your interacting.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I stopped watching after 1991 strike.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

... or in place of a refund for season tickets purchased in advance.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I stopped watching after 1991 strike.
    I quit when Joe Namath wore pantyhose..

Not feeling it, its like watching blowout baseball with no energy. Fake crowd noise makes it worse.

The fans in the stadium are what makes the game worthwhile. Without that energy, the games are just boring. What good is a clutch play when nobody can be there in the stadium to see it?
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-26-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post

Baseball is back. But the MLB will look a little different in the COVID-19 world, with empty stadiums full of silent cardboard cutouts instead of thousands of screaming fans in an effort to avoid spreading the virus. That is unless you’re watching on Fox Sports. Starting this weekend, the network will not only be piping in fake fan audio, but it’ll also be filling the stands with digitally rendered fans for its MLB broadcasts, starting with this Saturday’s Yankees-Nationals game.
    Right, envision a speech, no wait...yeah the State of the Union speech (SOTU) in front of a virtual congress with queued responses and applause. Or a political rally with virtual attendees all whipped up in a virtual fever for the candidate. Ugh,.. the debates... with a virtual audience responding on que in favor of or against a candidates position. All of which would be controlled and manipulated by media or some other group. Ugh...smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The fans in the stadium are what makes the game worthwhile. Without that energy, the games are just boring. What good is a clutch play when nobody can be there in the stadium to see it?
    LOL If a clutch play happens in an empty stadium does it make a noise? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post

How do you know it isn't already being so used?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

There's a 2011 Black Mirror episode (S1:E2) that eerily resembles a lot of post-covid changes like digital avatars as the audience for live events, exercise bikes (Peloton) in confined spaces hooked to tvs since going to the gym isn't allowed, among others. Very creepy episode.

Canceled my DirectTV service because of that stupid $10 sports fee.

I don't follow sports, never have, but sending 10 bucks every month to a bunch of Marxist supporting jackoffs is the last straw.

$#@! these entitled $#@!s.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad that Trump/RNC didn't take this 'fake claps' route for 2020 GOP Convention that Trump just cancelled.

^this.

To give credit to Trump and many RINOS/DINOS, Dems/Repubs, lately politics is more like politainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    LOL If a clutch play happens in an empty stadium does it make a noise? LOL
    The players of both teams will certainly be making noise, but it will be muffled because of their masks.

Calvin Coolidge

They're already cancelling games due to "Covid positive tests".

Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members