Thread: VA GOP Delegate Convention July 18th - Nick Freitas

VA GOP Delegate Convention July 18th - Nick Freitas

Tomorrow is the VA GOP delegate convention. Nick Freitas is running for the 7th district GOP nomination in a cook PVI R+7 district and is a bona-fide liberty candidate. The nominee is decided by the delegates at the convention. A poll from protect freedom PAC early last month showed Nick garnering 53% of initial delegate votes and if that holds he will get the GOP nomination in a district that is a great opportunity to turn red.

I will be following the race tomorrow and try to post any updates as they come in through the internet.

This is a quick video of Freitas speaking at an event which Rand endorsed him at.

Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well today is the Virginia GOP Convention (when the nominee is decided) I just sent him a 10 spot. We'll soon see if my donation was made in vain.

$10

Your donation will benefit Nick Freitas for Congress

Your donation details

Recipient: Nick Freitas for Congress
    Amount: $10
    Name: Nathan
    Address: Lawrenceville, GA 30043
    Date: 2020-07-18 16:56:52 UTC
    Donation ID: rv_ch_01edhdm4qzdf10myn57b8kXXXX
    Interval: One-time donation

Your donation will show up in your bank account as WINRED.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

1st ballot - Nick got 43% of the vote

2nd ballot - not sure of results but twitter says it wasn't enough to avoid a 3rd ballot.

Looks like another couple of hours before we get third ballot results but the longer this goes the worse it is for Nick because the establishment becomes more and more united against him.

Oh no... Just saw this on Twitter

"BREAKING: Ramirez and McGuire have made an agreement to support whomever has the most votes after the second ballot officially forming a stop Freitas pact. #Va07"

"Update from source on the ground at #VA07: it’ll be Nick Freitas v John McGuire in a third round. With the news that Ramirez will throw her support behind McGuire, we expect him to come out on top."

second round balloting

NickForVA, 46.7%
    JohnMcGuire4VA, 25.1
    TinaRamirezVA, 24.5
    AndrewKnaggsVA, 3.7

There is still hope for freitas

per twitter

"In round 1, McGuire and Ramirez combined had less than 50%, while Nick was already 44%. So even if they both combined, they won’t have enough against Nick. Secondly, Knaggs (7%) had thrown his support for Nick, that gives Freitas the edge up in the third ballot round. #VA07"
    Last edited by trey4sports; 07-18-2020 at 03:35 PM.

LIBERTY WINS!

per twitter

"BREAKING: Del. Nick Freitas has won the Republican nomination for #Va07 after three rounds of balloting. #VaPolitics"

56% Freitas
    44% McGuire

WE HAVE OUR CANDIDATE! Now it's time to make liberty win and beat Spainberger. Nick is a liberty candidate through and through.
    Last edited by trey4sports; 07-18-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Victory donation.

Your donation details

Recipient: Nick Freitas for Congress
    Amount: $25
    Name: Nathan
    Address: Lawrenceville, GA 30043
    Date: 2020-07-19 19:54:34 UTC
    Donation ID: rv_ch_01edma4qg2jm26z5tjn1vaXXXX
    Interval: One-time donation

Your donation will show up in your bank account as WINRED.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    LIBERTY WINS!

per twitter

"BREAKING: Del. Nick Freitas has won the Republican nomination for #Va07 after three rounds of balloting. #VaPolitics"

56% Freitas
    44% McGuire

WE HAVE OUR CANDIDATE! Now it's time to make liberty win and beat Spainberger. Nick is a liberty candidate through and through.
    Nice!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Oh no... Just saw this on Twitter

"BREAKING: Ramirez and McGuire have made an agreement to support whomever has the most votes after the second ballot officially forming a stop Freitas pact. #Va07"
    Let's guess. Neocons? RINOs? Swamp creatures? US Chamber shills?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let's guess. Neocons? RINOs? Swamp creatures? US Chamber shills?
    Haha - It's a moot point now! Pleased to see we were more organized and "wanted it more." I have a feeling that this cycle's liberty candidates are all going to be in hotly contested races be it the primary or the general.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1284953707289993218

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1284962539789520897