Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fatal shooting & Atlanta police chief resigns

Cops are pretty much on high alert now knowing this guy might get the death penalty.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Atlanta police are walking off the job now. I don't blame them, I would too.
    NO police officers walked off the job over enforcing the unconstitutional Wuhan virus restrictions -- and none have quit over being told to 'stand down' and allow ANTIFA/BLM to run wild .

In some cases they seem to be providing security for them during statue topplings, while they stand back and watch -- and not a word of complaint from those cops over that.

However, let one of their own be held accountable (maybe wrongfully) -- and they walk out. Shows who they really care about (only themselves).
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-17-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    NO police officers walked off the job over enforcing the unconstitutional Wuhan virus restrictions -- and none have quit over being told to 'stand down' and allow ANTIFA/BLM to run wild .

In some cases they seem to be providing security for them during statue topplings, while they stand back and watch -- and not a word of complaint from those cops over that.

However, let one of their own be held accountable (maybe wrongfully) -- and they walk out. Shows who they really care about (only themselves).
    I agree, I'm not a fan of the police. You can blame them for what they did and didn't do in the past, but you can't blame them for walking out when they're told they could get the death penalty for doing their job.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    How many of these quitters have already bagged a pension?
    That's my bet.

While this cops lack of humanity (after the fact) is disturbing, I do believe he acted in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ges-today.html

As far as kops quitting, so what......quit.

They signed up to fight a war and now they are cowardly deserters.

How many of these quitters have already bagged a pension?

There is a litmus test, of sorts.

Bunch of copsucking boo-hoo.
    "You must spread blah blah blah....."
    "The Patriarch"

Spot on.
    "The Patriarch"

This is big win for pro BLM, social justice, diversity campaign that has been sweeping America since Arbery killing in GA and Floyd killing in MN in recent days.

This will set new precedents no doubt. This is also second major civil rights/policing related development in GA in last few days. Granted there is new more liberal pro-BLM Republican in White House currently (Trump administration weighing hate crime charges in death of Ahmaud Arbery) and there is bipartisan support for change in national culture, nonetheless this shift could end up being of historic proportions.

Related
    Trump police executive order seeks to limit chokeholds

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Quite the dilemma, side with the kop or the radical negro......

$#@! 'em both.

Is it time to disembowel district attorneys yet?

Federal prosecutors?

Wake me up when the fanfare is over and the mob focuses on the real problem.
    I don't like either side. I watched the video, it looks justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Cops are pretty much on high alert now knowing this guy might get the death penalty.
    0% chance of death penalty. I don't even think he gets convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    While this cops lack of humanity (after the fact) is disturbing, I do believe he acted in self defense.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't like either side. I watched the video, it looks justified.

0% chance of death penalty. I don't even think he gets convicted.

I agree.
    11 counts. He may not get convicted of murder, but he will be in prison for a long time. He won't have a jury of his peers in Fulton County. He'll have a jury of people who hate his kind, and want them wiped from the face of the earth.

Shot in the Back..

Any other person that shoots someone in the back and claimed "Self Defence" would have his mental abilities questioned.

No Excuse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Shot in the Back..

Any other person that shoots someone in the back and claimed "Self Defence" would have his mental abilities questioned.

No Excuse.
    I guess as long as I'm running away from you you'll just let me turn and fire a weapon at you? Not very strong survival instincts you have there my friend.

Some people always defend cops no matter what, and some people always blame them no matter what. Both sides look equally ridiculous to normal people.

I guess as long as I'm running away from you you'll just let me turn and fire a weapon at you? Not very strong survival instincts you have there my friend.

Some people always defend cops no matter what, and some people always blame them no matter what. Both sides look equally ridiculous to normal people.
    He Fired Nothing despite the Fear Filled Panic The Pig was operating under..

Any could not have possibly hurt the cop running away from him..

And there was no alleged crime that justified a Death Sentence.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    He Fired Nothing despite the Fear Filled Panic The Pig was operating under..

Any could not have possibly hurt the cop running away from him..

And there was no alleged crime that justified a Death Sentence.
    He fired a taser. Just a week ago the same DA called tasers a deadly weapon.

I must be getting old because I'm old enough to remember when you didn't attack an officer and then flee without expecting to get shot. There is no rule of law if you are allowed to punch a cop and run away. If he didn't do that he'd still be alive. He made a dozen different decisions that led to his death, none of which I would have made. All this DA said was that if you're black you can do anything you want and get away with it because police are not allowed to stop you. You'd have to be a moron now to not run from the cops knowing they are going to go to prison if they fire at you.

I must be getting old because I'm old enough to remember when you didn't attack an officer and then flee without expecting to get shot. There is no rule of law if you are allowed to punch a cop and run away. If he didn't do that he'd still be alive. He made a dozen different decisions that led to his death, none of which I would have made. All this DA said was that if you're black you can do anything you want and get away with it because police are not allowed to stop you. You'd have to be a moron now to not run from the cops knowing they are going to go to prison if they fire at you.
    They should have been put on a Short Leash long ago.. They have been busy paintin' Targets on their own badges for years.

I have observed it .. I have experienced it..

I have never resisted arrest,,, might be time for something New..

The Profession LOST ALL CREDIBILITY when they Closed Churches,Ticketed Drive in Church Goers,, and arrested Pastors.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

+rep
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

If for whatever reason they should press charges against that Atlanta cop every police cop in the country should just walk away from their jobs. Lets just see how long would cities last without any enforces.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    If for whatever reason they should press charges against that Atlanta cop every police cop in the country should just walk away from their jobs. Lets just see how long would cities last without any enforces.
    So what, they are just like some protection racket -- "you try to hold one of us accountable -- we quit our protectin!'" Police operate under citizen government oversight, and they have to accept that disciplinary actions can result from that and just as they would tell us "take it to court."

Citizens get wrongfully arrested and have their rights violated all the time by cops, so I don't know why anyone would be upset over one cop being held accountable for something -- and wanting to see the city burned down over it. That's no better than what BLM wants.

All those who were hoping for Atlanta to burn overnight must be disappointed -- even with fewer cops on duty it looks like not much happened. Though Juneteenth weekend is coming ...
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-18-2020 at 05:01 AM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Donut Operator did a video on the DA messing up. Yes, the DA declared stun guns a deadly weapon when he charged 6 police using them on curfew violators with aggravated assault. Now that Brook used one on a cop, the DA says it is not a deadly weapon.

Something good might come out of this if drunk driving becomes a cite and release offense.

The justice system died today in America. They even suggested the death penalty could be sought against the officer. Who in their right mind would sign up to be a police officer after this? Who in their right mind would allow themselves to be arrested now? Just punch the officer and run away, they can't do anything about it without potentially getting the death penalty. This is lawlessness. Black people are now above the law, and white people are subject to a different standard. If this is what they mean by white privilege they can have my privilege.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosecu...ks-11592423270
    Its been dead since 1913. This racial animosity, very real and extraordinarily dangerous, is contrived. The energy engendered by police abuses, which have been accumulating for decades and affecting ALL people, is being discharged in such a way that it protects the system. (First and aside: I should add that I, personally, don't have any real animosity towards police as a group. I understand that they are given certain protocols, which they must follow or else are fired. Even in a just society, the law isn't always going to be popular--so a willingness to enforce an unpopular law is, in some respects, necessary and admirable.) Now, this, obviously, does not apply to our current situation. The "drug war" isn't a necessary and unpopular law, it is an odious and unpopular law. Contrary, in fact, to the very essence OF the law (protection of liberty--that's the $#@!in' law, scuze my language.) The results? Asset forfeiture (more stolen under color of law than by burglars), mass incarceration (for what, removing prohibition from the equation, would be a victimless crime), the militarization of the police (encouraging an attitude of occupation, what everything looks like to a hammer is well known here). The rank and file police did not make these policies. Their enforcement is inimical to the liberty of free women and men. (and any combination of the two.)

The only thing that Whites and Blacks are right as rain about is that both groups are being treated, today, as chattel. It isn't a form as obvious, maybe, as was presented by the practices of indentured service and slavery, but it is still true. The black man says, "I am being oppressed! I am unfairly targeted by policies that are designed to diminish the quality of my life." The white man says, "I am being oppressed! I am unfairly targeted by policies that are designed to diminish the quality of my life." Both men are correct. Theye, to use Osan's convention which I encourage all to employ (Theye and Themme used as general pronouns for TPTB), understand this--which makes sense, theye designed the policies. These policies protect their power, and it may well be that the aggregate of information that theye are able to gather through social media and various other channels that monitor the efficacy of propaganda has indicated to themme that their policies are in danger. (keep in mind, we are not privy to that information).

Perhaps that information indicated that people were finally getting fed up with oppressive policies, and knowing that this emotion being authentic could not be merely wished away, theye have done as theye always do: redirected it. Between the black man oppressed and the white man oppressed, theye hold a lense, and say "See, your enemy." And being oppressed, and generally at a sad level of education--doled out like the devils rations to our minds for years, neither man, generally speaking, is even capable to disagree.

The police are not the problem, the blacks are not the problem, the whites are not the problem, their rulers are the problem. Our rulers, who have long ago abandoned the principles of our Republic, not all at once but slowly, deliberately, indicative of an intentional and malicious campaign. Theye have been at this game for a long time, and each of us born neophytes into it? The hour is getting late. The course is unclear. But at least our greatest ally is safe, and due for a raise, too, I hear.

just my thoughts

One more thing: They think that the Tree does not discriminate, and any blood will do. If the tree receives the wrong, it bears a different kind of fruit.

$#@! it, one more thing: this thing they are trying to take from us? The majority of our ancestors, for one hundred generations, gave their lives--in various ways--to obtain. IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO PERISH. IT IS THE ONLY THING WE HAVE THAT IS WORTH ANYTHING. Rather, without it, everything we have of any value sways, as the tree's final leaf, precarious.
    Last edited by bv3; 06-18-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post

Something good might come out of this if drunk driving becomes a cite and release offense.
    Won't happen. When they release someone so drunk he passes out in a drive through and he gets killed or kills someone else, lawyers will be all over that sh%#. It's the same reason you can't go to the ER for a headache without getting a $4,000 CT scan of the head. You miss something you had an opportunity to correct? You're done. DONE.

Very much a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-18-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

So what, they are just like some protection racket -- "you try to hold one of us accountable -- we quit our protectin!'" Police operate under citizen government oversight, and they have to accept that disciplinary actions can result from that and just as they would tell us "take it to court."

Citizens get wrongfully arrested and have their rights violated all the time by cops, so I don't know why anyone would be upset over one cop being held accountable for something -- and wanting to see the city burned down over it. That's no better than what BLM wants.

All those who were hoping for Atlanta to burn overnight must be disappointed -- even with fewer cops on duty it looks like not much happened. Though Juneteenth weekend is coming ...
    So what, they are just like some protection racket -- "you try to hold one of us accountable -- we quit our protectin
    If you were in Toronto or in Montreal during the 60s when the police were on strike u wouldn't be saying that stuff. You would singing a different story if criminals start robbing banks after banks.

I'm sure you would have just let him take your gun and shoot you. Evidently the officer didn't kick hard enough since the man was still able to get the weapon and get away. I would have shot him in the leg, but that's not their training.

Atlanta police are walking off the job now. I don't blame them, I would too.
    Mr. Brooks took a taser, not a gun. I was surprised by this one too, but let's keep the facts straight.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Won't happen. When they release someone so drunk he passes out in a drive through and he gets killed or kills someone else, lawyers will be all over that sh%#. It's the same reason you can't go to the ER for a headache without getting a $4,000 CT scan of the head. You miss something you had an opportunity to correct? You're done. DONE.

Very much a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.
    Police have qualified immunity. They can literally steal $250,000 of rare coins from your house and not be civilly sued for it. So that's no excuse for them not doing a cite and release. They could impound the car and let the drunk man go home. If they were really concerned they could have required him to call an Uber and wait there until he was given a ride home.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    They could impound the car and let the drunk man go home. If they were really concerned they could have required him to call an Uber and wait there until he was given a ride home.
    OR

Maybe his family could have pulled him aside years ago and straightened him out. You know, a friendly, "dude you're $#@!ing up your life and you'll end up dead before your time one day." Where was the responsibility before all of this went down Friday night? Where was the concern? The whole Brooks family is in tears right now, but how am I expected to give a damn when they didn't? Rayshard didn't just screw up Friday night. There was plenty of foreshadowing.

If anyone in my family threatens their kids, they're in for an ass whooping. I don't have a woodshed on my property but I swear to God I will build one just for the purpose of taking them out to it.

You know why we have police? Sure, a lot of laws out there are just revenue generation. Not all. We have police because someone, somewhere couldn't f'king control themselves and shunned their responsibility to act in a manner consistent with basic human decency. Whether we like it or not, government will fill that void. If the person, family, or friends don't handle it, people gonna cry for government to "do something!". Police are here to stay unless someone here is going to quit their job to go investigate a murder in their neighborhood, or retrieve someone's stolen property, or I don't know, maybe we just do it like the Vikings and whoever wins a fight to the death over a dispute will be deemed favored by the gods and therefore 'just'.

The officer in Minneapolis is being held accountable for what was indisputably murder. My own county sheriff, who doesn't speak up much, issued a statement on the matter condemning the officer's actions. But this officer in Atlanta? This isn't "accountability". Officer Rolfe is being roasted because the D.A. is fighting a close election and is under investigation for stealing $140,000 of public money. THIS IS POLITICAL. I will not abide by it.

Edit: Also the argument over whether it was a taser or a gun is irrelevant. This same DA- Paul Howard, was claiming JUST LAST MONTH that a taser was a deadly weapon. Now a taser is not a deadly weapon and Saint Brooks the Benevolent never posed a threat to him. The inconsistency from the D.A. is pretty damning, and if I were the defense attorney I would be playing the DA's statement on tasers over, and over, and over, and over in court.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-18-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Note that I haven't arguing this particular prosecution is right or wrong. I just disputed your incorrect claim that the cops had to arrest this guy because "lawyers." They most certainly did not. Instead of a "thank you...I didn't know that" I get a pivot to some completely different argument. That's okay. I'm used to that here. The Bush twins did a lot of irresponsible shyt and didn't end up killed as a result. As for the taser being a lethal weapon, when the police and their backers try to justify people being dying from tasers they say "But it's not a deadly weapon." I don't know what context Paul Howard used to call it a deadly weapon, but frankly I don't care. I wasn't making the argument that it was or wasn't. But facts are facts and it's important to be factual. If facts don't matter than the liberal media is correct to go around calling semi-automatic weapons "machine guns" when they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    OR

Maybe his family could have pulled him aside years ago and straightened him out. You know, a friendly, "dude you're $#@!ing up your life and you'll end up dead before your time one day." Where was the responsibility before all of this went down Friday night? Where was the concern? The whole Brooks family is in tears right now, but how am I expected to give a damn when they didn't? Rayshard didn't just screw up Friday night. There was plenty of foreshadowing.

If anyone in my family threatens their kids, they're in for an ass whooping. I don't have a woodshed on my property but I swear to God I will build one just for the purpose of taking them out to it.

You know why we have police? Sure, a lot of laws out there are just revenue generation. Not all. We have police because someone, somewhere couldn't f'king control themselves and shunned their responsibility to act in a manner consistent with basic human decency. Whether we like it or not, government will fill that void. If the person, family, or friends don't handle it, people gonna cry for government to "do something!". Police are here to stay unless someone here is going to quit their job to go investigate a murder in their neighborhood, or retrieve someone's stolen property, or I don't know, maybe we just do it like the Vikings and whoever wins a fight to the death over a dispute will be deemed favored by the gods and therefore 'just'.

The officer in Minneapolis is being held accountable for what was indisputably murder. My own county sheriff, who doesn't speak up much, issued a statement on the matter condemning the officer's actions. But this officer in Atlanta? This isn't "accountability". Officer Rolfe is being roasted because the D.A. is fighting a close election and is under investigation for stealing $140,000 of public money. THIS IS POLITICAL. I will not abide by it.

Edit: Also the argument over whether it was a taser or a gun is irrelevant. This same DA- Paul Howard, was claiming JUST LAST MONTH that a taser was a deadly weapon. Now a taser is not a deadly weapon and Saint Brooks the Benevolent never posed a threat to him. The inconsistency from the D.A. is pretty damning, and if I were the defense attorney I would be playing the DA's statement on tasers over, and over, and over, and over in court.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Note that I haven't arguing this particular prosecution is right or wrong. I just disputed your incorrect claim that the cops had to arrest this guy because "lawyers." .
    I agree that cops didn't have to arrest this guy, and I just gave you an alternative of how it could have been avoided altogether. Only I didn't start at the part where guns and tasers started blastin'. You could have gone back to the party he left and someone could have gotten his keys. You could have gone back to his first drunk driving incident. You could have gone back to the time in his life where he endangered his kids. Stole someone else's sh1t. The fact remains that there were PLENTY of opportunities for people to have intervened before it got to this point. Suddenly we're all supposed to believe this was tragedy striking? Count me out.

Heading off for another 2 months hiatus from this place.

I'm just going to reiterate what I said in another thread on this topic, and then, yeah, I'm out, only checked back in this week to see if things were still slightly less retarded here than the real world, lol:

Our problem is not a lack of freedom, or an abundance of people looking to take it away. Our society is becoming devoid of Morality, Maturity, and Responsibility. Without those things, freedom, if ever attained, will not be kept. We police ourselves, or we get policed. It's that simple, and I think that if you're gonna preach about freedom, preaching about being decent and accepting responsibility comes first.

What was it Churchill said?

Any man who is not a liberal at 20 has no heart, and any man who is not a conservative at 40 has no brains. Maybe I'm just getting old.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-18-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Mr. Brooks took a taser, not a gun. I was surprised by this one too, but let's keep the facts straight.
    I'm aware of that. What do you think could've happened if he tased him? He probably would've taken the gun. Would you take that chance against a violent criminal who just attacked you and tried to use your taser against you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast