Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fatal shooting & Atlanta police chief resigns

Ok got to watch the video where it shows him passed out in the drive thru then heard the cop describe him pulling into the parking spot. He sounded better after he woke up. Damn, what I don’t understand is they had his drivers license, they took a breathalyzer and the guy just decides to struggle and bolt. If he had prior warrants or whatever he was already screwed whether he got away or not.
    Hindsight says to not shoot him in the back but in the heat of the struggle, him taking a taser and firing it at the cops and the adrenaline rush... a bad mixture.

Truth be told excessive DUI laws caused this result more than the cops...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Police body cam footage. He is pretty out of it when they start talking to him. His lawyer claims Police had not performed any DUI tests, but video shows him taking the blow test and the cop deciding to arrest him after looking at the results. Why he decided to fight with the cops is unknown. Guess we would have to be able to read his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkNFZE1bTA

We've got to do something about laws that completely ruin a person's life when that person commits a non-violent act and give police officers more leeway to resolve an issue without arresting someone and taking them to jail. If they do get arrested and have to go to court, judges need some discretion as well.

Making a stupid decision and passing out in a drive thru shouldn't put someone in a situation where they have to decide whether or not to either fight back go to jail and lose his job and ruin his life.

Why not let the guy call someone to come pick up him and his car or move his car for him and give the guy a ride home.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    We've got to do something about laws that completely ruin a person's life when that person commits a non-violent act and give police officers more leeway to resolve an issue without arresting someone and taking them to jail. If they do get arrested and have to go to court, judges need some discretion as well.

Making a stupid decision and passing out in a drive thru shouldn't put someone in a situation where they have to decide whether or not to either fight back go to jail and lose his job and ruin his life.

Why not let the guy call someone to come pick up him and his car or move his car for him and give the guy a ride home.
    That would be a "public service" job.

We live with code enforcers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSV_vW76yBc

Interesting point about the taser. Every Police force policy is that deadly force can be used against an assailant with a taser, because the taser can incapacitate the cop, and then his gun can be taken, and the cop can be killed. The cop becomes totally at the mercy of the criminal.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-15-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

This ^^^

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Ok got to watch the video where it shows him passed out in the drive thru then heard the cop describe him pulling into the parking spot. He sounded better after he woke up. Damn, what I don’t understand is they had his drivers license, they took a breathalyzer and the guy just decides to struggle and bolt. If he had prior warrants or whatever he was already screwed whether he got away or not.
    Hindsight says to not shoot him in the back but in the heat of the struggle, him taking a taser and firing it at the cops and the adrenaline rush... a bad mixture.

Truth be told excessive DUI laws caused this result more than the cops...
    Excessive DUI laws? The guy was passed out in a drive thru? Seems like that is the kind of person those laws legitimately apply to.

I am sorry. This is beyond insane. This guy was a violent criminal just out of prison from seven year sentence. He also previously assaulted an officer He stole a police officers taser. I feel bad for the officers. Hope they sue for wrongful termination.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Police do a lot wrong. It disgusts me whenever I see a dog $#@! in a no knock raid.

But this wasn't some noble saint. He was a violent animal who got what was coming to him.

Maybe don't pass out in a drive thru blocking business. Whatever happened to propery rights? Then maybe don't resist a totally legitimate arrest. Then maybe don't fight with police and steal a weapon that can incapacitate them.

This is insane. People are siding with a violent career criminal using violence against police during a legitimate arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Excessive DUI laws? The guy was passed out in a drive thru? Seems like that is the kind of person those laws legitimately apply to.

I am sorry. This is beyond insane. This guy was a violent criminal just out of prison from seven year sentence. He also previously assaulted an officer He stole a police officers taser. I feel bad for the officers. Hope they sue for wrongful termination.
    To this point not being a single issue statement DUI laws have become excessive with the effect of no leeway for for the most minor of offense.. yes in this case the guy was passed out in a drive thru. I am not condoning his actions in anyway and believe the cops responded within the law.
    The only point being made is DUI laws are so restrictive that to some people they’d rather take their chances.
    This is a general statement not a comment on this single incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Police do a lot wrong. It disgusts me whenever I see a dog $#@! in a no knock raid.

But this wasn't some noble saint. He was a violent animal who got what was coming to him.

Maybe don't pass out in a drive thru blocking business. Whatever happened to propery rights? Then maybe don't resist a totally legitimate arrest. Then maybe don't fight with police and steal a weapon that can incapacitate them.

This is insane. People are siding with a violent career criminal using violence against police during a legitimate arrest.
    I'm not "siding" with anyone.

Geeze!

I don't think the guy was concerned about the consequences of a DUI. A first time DUI in Georgia is generally treated as a misdemeanor, you'll spend a few nights in jail , probably a probation period of several months to follow. And if you want your license back you go take a day-long defensive driving course. No one is going to risk their life over that. This guy, however, had a RAP sheet, and probably knew everything from his past was going to be called into question. No one would know that based on what the family has to say in interviews I've watched, and the media portraying him as a saint. Apparently his cousins thought very highly of him, just not enough to intervene in his drinking problem before it came to this. I firmly believe everything has a precursor, a warning sign that is missed, or blatantly ignored.

I can't blame the cops. I hate dealing with drunks.

We get drunk drop-offs from L.E.O.'s to the ER every other time I work. Being drunk is assumed to be an emergency, I guess. Because we live in the age of lawyers and litigation, our cops like to bring the worst ones in to get medically cleared before taking them in to be booked.

When dealing with incoherent drunks, a degree of force is sometimes the only option. The art of rational debate is completely lost on them.

I'm not talking about buzzed drunks, who laugh at stuff that isn't funny and spill good whiskey, with just enough alcohol in them to lower their inhibitions to pick up girls but too much alcohol to keep their dicks at attention. No, I'm talking about honest-to-God $#@!faced drunks. Multiply that by 1,000x if they've been on other substances. I wish I could forget the number of times it's taken a team of nurses and officers to hold an out-of-control tweaker on his stomach on a stretcher so you could pop a B-52 shot in his ass cheeks. (B-52 is 25mg Benadryl, 5mg Haldol and 2mg Ativan, 15-20 minutes later and he's out like a light). Funny enough, a lot of times the officers just leave them at the ER unless they've caused an accident, injury, or death, preferring instead to let them be discharged from the ER and serve a warrant at a later date. Of course, they're still our problem. I need the bed for another patient, but first I have to call around to try to find some family member or friend who gives enough of a damn to take the guy home and let him finish sleeping it off after he's discharged.

So yeah, force. The libertarian part of me says fk'em, throw them out on the hospital lawn and let them sleep it off if they aren't hurting anyone. But, again . . . lawyers. We throw someone like that out, and they get up and walk out into traffic, and suddenly I'm spending my day off in a deposition for a neglect lawsuit. To hell with that.

Rayshaud's problems started long before he fell asleep passed out drunk in a drive-thru, but we live in a society where no one takes responsibility for their own actions, so we end up with stupid laws and needless deaths, and a team of lawyers to make sure it was everyone's fault but their own.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-16-2020 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was let out of prison early on parole and violated that. Sent back to prison and let out early again on parole due to the rona. He was a felon in violation of parole at the time of his arrest for DUI. Guess he didn't want to go back to prison. The video clearly shows the officers were treating him very fairly right up until they try to handcuff him and he becomes combative. It also clearly show him turning to aim the taser at the cop chasing him and firing high missing the cop who then shoots him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You can look up his criminal history here

https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/gove...t-case-inquiry
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    He was let out of prison early on parole and violated that. Sent back to prison and let out early again on parole due to the rona. He was a felon in violation of parole at the time of his arrest for DUI. Guess he didn't want to go back to prison. The video clearly shows the officers were treating him very fairly right up until they try to handcuff him and he becomes combative. It also clearly show him turning to aim the taser at the cop chasing him and firing high missing the cop who then shoots him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You can look up his criminal history here

https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/gove...t-case-inquiry
    Question:

How does my "white privilege" cause this man to have such low impulse control that he, while on "double secret probation" goes out and gets so $#@!faced drunk he passes out in the Wendy's drive through?

I "rode dirty" on a revoked license back in my yoot for a year or so...and was the model of a perfect driver.

Not defending the cops and not defending drunk driving laws: all of this could have been avoid had the, I'm assuming it was them, Wendy's staff woke the guy and told him to go park and sleep it off in the parking lot and not called cops in the first place.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Question:

How does my "white privilege" cause this man to have such low impulse control that he, while on "double secret probation" goes out and gets so $#@!faced drunk he passes out in the Wendy's drive through?

I "rode dirty" on a revoked license back in my yoot for a year or so...and was the model of a perfect driver.

Not defending the cops and not defending drunk driving laws: all of this could have been avoid had the, I'm assuming it was them, Wendy's staff woke the guy and told him to go park and sleep it off in the parking lot and not called cops in the first place.
    Oh go back. Even before that.

I think it all could have been avoided if Rayshard had someone in his family care enough about him to whoop his ass the first few times he fk'ed up. Fortunately for his family, Brooks will be worth more to them in death than he ever would have in his life, and I guess that's why we're seeing his cousins coming out of the woodwork now. Payday's coming up.

Taking a break from this place made me think I'd become less cynical, because spending too much time on these forums creates a bit of a perspective-bubble not entirely unlike a liberal college campus, but I have to be honest, I no longer think our problem is a lack of freedom, or an abundance of people looking to take it away. Our problem is a complete lack of: Morality. Maturity. Responsibility. You'll never hold on to freedom without those things.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-16-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Question:

from what I understand, other people trying to go through the drive thru, probably black (ironic) had called 911. There were multiple calls. yeah, my privilege wouldn't have helped me if I passed out in the drive thru...lol....it is amazing on FB pages like DemocracyNow and others how many people are claiming it's the cops fault for not letting him walk home after failing his sobriety test...lol
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Atlanta Police Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Charged With Felony Murder

The justice system died today in America. They even suggested the death penalty could be sought against the officer. Who in their right mind would sign up to be a police officer after this? Who in their right mind would allow themselves to be arrested now? Just punch the officer and run away, they can't do anything about it without potentially getting the death penalty. This is lawlessness. Black people are now above the law, and white people are subject to a different standard. If this is what they mean by white privilege they can have my privilege.

A district attorney’s office in Atlanta announced 11 charges against Garrett Rolfe, the Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks last week, including felony murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosecu...ks-11592423270

I've seen the video. He resisted arrest, wrestled around with the cops on the ground. Then he broke free and ran. He turns back at the cop and points something in his hand at the cop. It looked justified to me.

Felony murder requires premeditated intent. The DA who filed these charges should be removed. Orders probably came down from above to charge the cop so the "protesters" won't burn the city down. Then it's quietly dropped later. That is how it always goes. It's become predictable.

Grand Jury convenes in October. Perhaps the decision won't come down until after the DA gets reelected. They are 100% placating the mob.

self defense now a crime
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stupid DA is also charging him with aggravated assault, because one of his bullets hit a car with an occupant in it.

As if the cop was even aware anybody was in the car or even trying to hit it.

Quite the dilemma, side with the kop or the radical negro......

$#@! 'em both.

Is it time to disembowel district attorneys yet?

Federal prosecutors?

Wake me up when the fanfare is over and the mob focuses on the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    self defense now a crime
    The usual suspect in New York punched a old white lady hitting her on the ground he got released and got charged with nothing how far this would go and release rapists and killers onto the streets?

Of all the times they let a cop walk, this is one of the few times it was deserving and they are charging him.

I'm not getting upset yet.

After all, these kops signed up to bravely fight in this "War on...fill in the blank".

In a war, you have to take a few casualties.

I might get upset about this later, but I'm not there yet.

Oh, I just read that hero kop kicked the guy why he was bleeding out on the ground and that his buddy was "standing" on his shoulders. They also failed to call for medical assistance or render aid.

Hero kop's buddy already squealing like the pig he is and ratting to save himself.

I don't care, but this will play well to the right crowd.

I'm sure you would have just let him take your gun and shoot you. Evidently the officer didn't kick hard enough since the man was still able to get the weapon and get away. I would have shot him in the leg, but that's not their training.

Atlanta police are walking off the job now. I don't blame them, I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Evidently the officer didn't kick hard enough since the man was still able to get the weapon and get away.
    Former cop Garret Rolfe, 27, has also been charged on several counts of aggravated assault, seven violations of oath each carrying sentences of 1-5 years and an eight count for kicking Brooks as he lay dying – an allegation made after reviewing surveillance footage and citizens' cell phone videos.
    In a bombshell moment Howard revealed that Devin Brosnan, 26, has turned state witness and has agreed to testify against Rolfe.

Brosnan has been charged on three counts, one of aggravated assault a charge that carries up to 20 years in prison and two violations of oath, including a failure to administer timely medical assistance. Rolfe has also been charged on this count.

Howard revealed that Brosnan had admitted to standing on Brooks's shoulders while he lay dying – an unauthorized control technique.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ges-today.html

As far as kops quitting, so what......quit.

They signed up to fight a war and now they are cowardly deserters.

How many of these quitters have already bagged a pension?

There is a litmus test, of sorts.

Bunch of copsucking boo-hoo.

It's pretty clear what you want.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's pretty clear what you want.
    You are special, aren't you.

You don't seem to get that this shathouse is going to burn down whether this pig hangs or not.

Simpleminded masses have been programmed and radicalized to choose sides.

Homey don't play that game.

Go blame someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    You are special, aren't you.

You don't seem to get that this shathouse is going to burn down whether this pig hangs or not.

Simpleminded masses have been programmed and radicalized to choose sides.

Homey don't play that game.

Go blame someone else.
    Ok, Marshall Mathers. You sound like a real winner.

You sound like a real winner.
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast