Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Election Day: The New Hampshire Presidential Primary

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CANDIDATE VOTES % TRAILS LEADER BY PLEDGED DELEGATES

Sanders 73,470 25.9% - 9
    Buttigieg 69,216 24.4% 4,254 9
    Klobuchar 55,982 19.8% 17,488 6
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

President Donald Trump did not have a serious primary challenger for 2020, but Republican voters came out in droves to support him in the Republican New Hampshire primary.

With 86 percent reporting, Trump earned 117,462 votes in the New Hampshire Republican primary, more than twice the 49,080 primary voters who voted for former President Barack Obama in the New Hampshire primary in 2012.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...itbart+News%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

@Anti Federalist reckons he will flip the state this time which gives him room elsewhere. NH went to Clinton last time by 0.3% amidst allegations of voter fraud.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    @Anti Federalist reckons he will flip the state this time which gives him room elsewhere. NH went to Clinton last time by 0.3% amidst allegations of voter fraud.
    I am not following what you mean?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am not following what you mean?
    NH will likely go to Trump in 2020. In 2016 Clinton won by 0.3% with reports of voter fraud

Looks like Sanders won New Hampshire.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well look at that, same times running but Ron Paul has him beat

Last edited by ProBlue33; 02-12-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

How did he manage to get elected in Delaware all those years? He's a terrible candidate.

NH will likely go to Trump in 2020. In 2016 Clinton won by 0.3% with reports of voter fraud
    From what I saw at the polls yesterday, people came out in droves. Once you checked in, you were given a pink or blue piece of paper to get your ballot. The pink was Republican and blue was Democrats. I looked around and there was a sea of pink papers all around the room.

Trump is going to win by a landslide, and it is harder to rig an election by landslide. I am convinced Trump won by a landslide in 2016--because there were lots of questionable outcomes across the country, but Trump still won.

How did he manage to get elected in Delaware all those years? He's a terrible candidate.
    Corruption.

If my insignificant vote means anything it will.

I've decided to vote for him.

Be my first non Ron Paul vote in 12 years.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-12-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not anything as nefarious as massive corruption.

The two miserable broads we have as NH senators are just as bad, if not worse, than Biden.

Name recognition and complacency.

And they get elected over and over again.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Corruption.
    Biden’s senate campaign committees received $208,175 from MBNA employees from 1989 through 2010, the second-largest source of contributions, according to the Center for Responsive Politics’ OpenSecrets.org. In the 2006 election cycle, employees from Citigroup employees donated $18,825, those from Bear Stearns donated $15,000 and from Goldman Sachs donated $10,500.

In total, Biden received $1,126,375 from those in the securities and investment industry, $304,475 from finance and credit company workers, and $295,900 from commercial bank employees.

Biden’s ties to MBNA and banks span beyond political contributions from its employees. Home sales, family jobs, and free trips caused critics to dub him “the senator from MBNA.”

In February 1996, MBNA executive John Cochran bought Biden’s home outside Wilmington for the full $1.2 million asking price, while other similarly appraised houses at the time sold for around $100,000 to $200,000 less than asking price. MBNA then paid Cochran $330,115 that year for moving expenses and noted that he lost $210,000 due to the sale of his Maryland home.

Cochran also donated $2,000 to Biden’s 1996 Senate reelection campaign, FEC records show. MBNA in 1997 flew Biden and his wife to Maine so he could give a speech, Biden’s Senate financial disclosure showed.

Biden’s son Hunter started a job MBNA in November 1996 after Biden won reelection, in part because he wanted to be close to home. After leaving the company, Hunter became a lobbyist, but continued collecting an undisclosed amount of money from MBNA as a consultant — all while the bankruptcy bill moved through Congress. MBNA said that Hunter never lobbied for them and that his work had nothing to do with the bankruptcy bill.

The Wilmington News-Journal noted in 2008 that Biden was "neighbor to wealthy and powerful company titans and du Pont family members," one of the richest families in America.

A spokesperson for Biden did not respond to a request for comment, but in a 2008 NBC interview Biden downplayed his family’s relationships with MBNA executives and rejected the notion that he was in the “pocket of the corporate lobbyists.” Those who defended Biden’s support for the bankruptcy bill said that he was looking out for the interests of Delaware’s economy, a major financial and banking center.

Biden’s support for the 2005 bankruptcy bill sets him apart from progressive Democrats running for president and other Democratic leaders in Congress. Independent then-Rep. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinsten of California, Barack Obama of Illinois, and Chuck Schumer of New York all voted against the bill. Elizabeth Warren, not yet a senator, fought against the changes.

“The bill was a big, fat, wet kiss for credit card companies and auto lenders. It ensured that private student loans could not be discharged in bankruptcies,” Levitin said. “It also exacerbated risky mortgage lending.”
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...kruptcy-harder

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If my insignificant vote means anything it will.

I've decided to vote for him.

Be my first non Ron Paul vote in 12 years.
    Interesting, did he win you over, or is the other side just so insane, it's more like "must stop the fools at all costs"

glitch double post

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Well look at that, same times running but Ron Paul has him beat

Sort of. Ron did do better than Biden in Iowa and NH but never won a primary or caucus either. (Unless you count the Virgin Islands.)

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Sort of. Ron did do better than Biden in Iowa and NH but never won a primary or caucus either. (Unless you count the Virgin Islands.)
    Actually he did win some states at convention; Iowa, Maine, and Minnesota went to Ron Paul at the convention.
    That is the point, Biden is worse than Ron Paul in overall popularity, he was only VP because Obama pulled him in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Interesting, did he win you over, or is the other side just so insane, it's more like "must stop the fools at all costs"
    A little of both.

The final deciding straw for me was Trump's rollback of EPA rules that would have, for all intents and purposes, banned any new woodstoves starting 20 May of this year.

Real world reduction in government regulation has made my job easier and reduced my exposure to criminal prosecution for just doing my job.

Bernie and the rest of the Bolsheviks want to put me in jail, for doing my job.

It's come to a "no-brainer" choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1581541242424.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	7452
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1581541242424.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	7452
    And somehow Dems think they can win this election.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Gabbard handled Hannity well here!

@jmdrake
    LOL "Don't make me be a jerk." As if that wasn't already the case.

One of my proudest moments of being part of this movement. (And no I wasn't there).

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist
    Bernie and the rest of the Bolsheviks want to put me in jail, for doing my job.

It's come to a "no-brainer" choice.
    Ohh Yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Ohh Yikes!!
    No kidding...they mean it...I'm a "climate criminal".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123