View Poll Results: Where do you stand on Trump 4 years later?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I didn't suppport Trump in 2016 and still don't.

13 48.15%
  • I didn't support Trump in 2016 but I do now.

5 18.52%
  • I supported Trump in 2016 but I don't now.

2 7.41%
  • I support Trump as much or more than 2016.

7 25.93%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you stand on Trump 4 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    They may be fed up with RINOs and the polished establishment candidates, but it will take a generation or two to weed out the Neocons. And that's ONLY if Trump stops beating the war drums. If he keeps on it'll only further cement our party in this ideology
    Trumps foreign policy is never going to align with neocons or isolationists. The neocons want to claim he is an isolationist and the isolationists want to claim he is a neocon. This is exactly what a Rand Paul presidency would have to deal with. Trump's non interventionist foreign policy is strategic, its America first. That's why the entire Washington establishment is completely opposed to him and try to oppose him at every turn. They are all bought and paid for by special interests that put Americans on the backburner when its profitable. Trump is a rare politician, we probably won't see another like him in our lifetimes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    On that list you missed:

5. Posters on RPFs who try to appear edgy with a Che avatar.
    haha

Indeed.

He seems to genuinely dislike the wastefulness of nation building. He's not agressively winding down occupation, but he seemed to trying in his own weird way around Syria.

In this area, I think Trump is better than Clinton. I think Trump is self serving, but Clinton strikes me as having warhawk hubris and would be destabilizing in the Middle East. I'm not sure her style of diplomacy would have been as effective with N. Korea at Trump has been so far.

Not sure how I feel about Trump's economy. Low unemployment is being reported, but I'm not sure how many quality jobs we people have. I get the impression that the Tax Cuts used for things like stock buy backs or even consolidating companies to move. Again though, I'm not sure Clinton would have been any better here.

I guess I'll just say my final thought is I'm glad Clinton was defeated even if I often think Trump often acts strange.

After finding out that he shot down new EPA regs that would have effectively banned woodstoves in May of this year, I'm prepared to vote for him in 2020.

This is where the rubber meets the road for me: the bump stock ban was atrocious and set an awful precedent, hopefully it will get overturned in the courts.

But the rollback of the ObamaCare mandate directly benefits me.

The roll back of offshore fishing and drilling regulations directly benefits me.

The roll back of EPA gas mileage fatwas directly benefits me.

Comrade Bernie promising to undertake criminal prosecutions of me and my fellow workers that have, at cost to life and limb, utterly reversed foreign oil dependency and keep Comrade Bernie's South Hero lakeside mansion nice and toasty warm, directly affects me.

The migrant invasion directly affects me.

His efforts at prison and sentencing reform are very important to me.

I've written in Ron Paul since 2008.

Unless he does something stupid, I will vote Trump in 2020.

Especially since NH may be a deciding "swing state" this year, and vote fraud committed by out of state Bolsheviks is, sadly, a documented fact.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trumps foreign policy is never going to align with neocons or isolationists. The neocons want to claim he is an isolationist and the isolationists want to claim he is a neocon. This is exactly what a Rand Paul presidency would have to deal with. Trump's non interventionist foreign policy is strategic, its America first. That's why the entire Washington establishment is completely opposed to him and try to oppose him at every turn. They are all bought and paid for by special interests that put Americans on the backburner when its profitable.
    Trumps non interventionist foreign policy? This is a joke right?

Trump is a rare politician, we probably won't see another like him in our lifetimes.
    Increased Federal government spending, increased debt. Still in never ending wars in the Middle East. He isn't rare, he's like the previous Presidents.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-01-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    He seems to genuinely dislike the wastefulness of nation building. He's not agressively winding down occupation, but he seemed to trying in his own weird way around Syria.

In this area, I think Trump is better than Clinton. I think Trump is self serving, but Clinton strikes me as having warhawk hubris and would be destabilizing in the Middle East. I'm not sure her style of diplomacy would have been as effective with N. Korea at Trump has been so far.

Not sure how I feel about Trump's economy. Low unemployment is being reported, but I'm not sure how many quality jobs we people have. I get the impression that the Tax Cuts used for things like stock buy backs or even consolidating companies to move. Again though, I'm not sure Clinton would have been any better here.

I guess I'll just say my final thought is I'm glad Clinton was defeated even if I often think Trump often acts strange.
    If he genuinely dislikes the wastefulness of nation building, then why are we still there? The President controls troop movements and can bring the troops home at any time.

And yes, no doubt Trump was the lessor of 2 evils between him and Hillary and isn't as bad as anything the left has put up.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-01-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    If he genuinely dislike the wastefulness of nation building, then why are we still there? The President controls troop movements and can bring the troops home at any time.

And yes, no doubt Trump was the lessor of 2 evils between him and Hillary and isn't as bad as anything he left has put up.
    Politics is complicated and he needs the support of Republicans in Congress.

But he had been reducing troop levels and he will get us out.

Hopefully the withdrawals will pick up now that the impeachment farce is winding down.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Politics is complicated and he needs the support of Republicans in Congress.

But he had been reducing troop levels and he will get us out.
    The President controls troop movements. He doesn't need anyones support to do that.

Had been reducing troop levels, key word had. And it isn't about troop levels that much anymore imo, it's about the bombing. Like he's doing in Afghanistan or selling the Saudis weapons to do it for us.

Hopefully the withdrawals will pick up now that the impeachment farce is winding down.
    The only thing I'm hoping for, in a Hail Mary way, is Trump is holding off on having less intervention in order to get re elected. Hope over reason
    And he'
    s not nearly as bad as anything the left has put up.

The President controls troop movements. He doesn't need anyones support to do that.

Had been reducing troop levels, key word had. And it isn't about troop levels that much anymore imo, it's about the bombing. Like he's doing in Afghanistan or selling the Saudis weapons to do it for us.

The only thing I'm hoping for, in a Hail Mary way, is Trump is holding off on having less intervention in order to get re elected. Hope over reason
    All politics is connected, he needs Republican support on other issues (like impeachment) so he can't make them too mad with dramatic withdrawals.
    Had is the key word, but my point was to show intent, he had to send more troops to the middle east as an alternative to declaring war on Iran when the Republicans (whose support he needs) were pushing for war.
    And he is negotiating an end to the Afghan war, we would prefer him to just leave but that would cause him to lose Republican support, he needs to be able to leave with a successful negotiation.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

All politics is connected, he needs Republican support on other issues (like impeachment) so he can't make them too mad with dramatic withdrawals.
    Had is the key word, but my point was to show intent, he had to send more troops to the middle east as an alternative to declaring war on Iran when the Republicans (whose support he needs) were pushing for war.
    And he is negotiating an end to the Afghan war, we would prefer him to just leave but that would cause him to lose Republican support, he needs to be able to leave with a successful negotiation.

Understood about what he did with the Iran situation in that it could have been worse.

So if we didn't have any impeachment nonsense then from what you're saying he'd have us much less involved in the Middle East?
    Reasonable but I don't believe it.

Trumps non interventionist foreign policy? This is a joke right?

Increased Federal government spending, increased debt. Still in never ending wars in the Middle East. He isn't rare, he's like the previous Presidents.
    Trump doesn't control spending he has a congress who is against him. The democrats cheated in the house elections and are trying to impeach him. There aren't enough Rand Pauls or Thomas Massies to cut spending. Everything is a veto proof majority. Trump doesn't want endless wars he is winning the wars because he wages war to win. Clinton would of gone to war against Russia.

I voted for Trump in 2016 but I don't know about 2020.
    OK he didn't started a new war but he bombed syria twice,he supports saudi arabia & Israel & he increased the military budget.
    I don't like his new trade deal. I hate the fact that he is pro gun control.He supports low interest.
    But the Democrats are too insane for me. I go with the lesser of two evils. Trump is without question better than the Communists (Democrats!)

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump doesn't control spending he has a congress who is against him. The democrats cheated in the house elections and are trying to impeach him. There aren't enough Rand Pauls or Thomas Massies to cut spending. Everything is a veto proof majority. Trump doesn't want endless wars he is winning the wars because he wages war to win. Clinton would of gone to war against Russia.
    Agreed on Hillary being a bigger war monger. Trump should have vetoed spending. It can send a message, veto proof is just an excuse imo.
    House is 431 veto proof 2/3 is 278

The 2019 Budget voted on in Feb 2019 you have a point on veto proof

On January 3, 2019, the first day of the 116th Congress, the House passed a bill funding the remainder of government agencies, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (H.R. 21), on a vote of 241–190.

2018 - The House passed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, 256-167.

Agreed on Hillary being a bigger war monger. Trump should have vetoed spending. It can send a message, veto proof is just an excuse imo.
    House is 431 veto proof 2/3 is 278

The 2019 Budget voted on in Feb 2019 you have a point on veto proof

On January 3, 2019, the first day of the 116th Congress, the House passed a bill funding the remainder of government agencies, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (H.R. 21), on a vote of 241–190.

2018 - The House passed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, 256-167.
    The vote counts are for peoples voting records and reelection campaigns once they are at a passing level. They dont have hundred millionaire career politicians for nothing. They would pass that spending veto proof if he vetoed regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Vote LP and let them blame each other!

Bernie is horrible and so is Trump.
    Trump is amazeballs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123