Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Satanic Monument on U.S. Public Property Being Erected

Thumbs down First Satanic Monument on U.S. Public Property Being Erected

Some firsts tell us we may be in our last days. A good example is what’s billed as our country’s first satanic monument on public property (shown). The handiwork of some Massachusetts Satanists, it was approved in May for The Satanic Temple and will be erected in the Veterans Memorial Park in Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
    The Daily Caller provides some more background:
    The Satanic Temple’s efforts to gain approval for a Satanic monument in the park started, ironically, with a Christian monument’s installation. The Freedom From Religion Foundation filed a complaint about the monument, which featured a soldier kneeling before a cross. The city of Belle Plaine ordered the removal of the monument in January, but reversed the order when citizens rallied to protest, according to the Star Tribune. The city then designated the park as a limited public forum, or “free speech zone,” in which any faith could be displayed. Satanists saw their chance and pounced on it.

The work of outside agitators bullying a small locality into submission, it’s unsurprising the monument has little, if any, local support. As CBS Minnesota reports:
    “They said they were putting it up and I did not like it,” said resident Donna Karnitz.
    City Councilmember Cary Coop says he voted against the designated free speech area.
    “I don’t think there’s too many Satanists around here, but it’s free speech,” Coop said.
    He says they anticipated other groups coming in.
    This has already happened elsewhere. For example, in the central rotunda of Florida’s Capitol Building, “an atheist group hung a winter solstice banner celebrating the Bill of Rights and freedom from religion. Inspired, another atheist built a Festivus pole made of beer cans, and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster added a small pile of holy noodles to the capitol’s halls,” as Slate reported in 2014. Moreover, a pentagram reading “May the children hail Satan” was erected in Boca Raton’s Sanborn Square last Christmas.
    While there are true worshippers of Darkness among us, most of those advocating non-traditional or sacrilegious displays on public property don’t actually believe in the ideas the symbols represent. Rather, they’re engaging in a religious-realm Cloward-Piven Strategy, hoping to get all displays eliminated — with Christian ones being the real targets — by overwhelming the system with unrealistic demands.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...-being-erected

I know what would happen to this abomination in MY town.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt it is the first.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Mass ? How about the statehouse ?
    Do something Danke

It's good they are now being open about it.
    "The Patriarch"

While there are true worshippers of Darkness among us, most of those advocating non-traditional or sacrilegious displays on public property don’t actually believe in the ideas the symbols represent. Rather, they’re engaging in a religious-realm Cloward-Piven Strategy, hoping to get all displays eliminated — with Christian ones being the real targets — by overwhelming the system with unrealistic demands.
    Kind of ironic...

...communists (I presume) advancing their goals by exploiting the problems of public property ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Kind of ironic...

...communists (I presume) advancing their goals by exploiting the problems of public property ownership.
    Yes , Godless commies .
    Do something Danke

There are hundreds of recognized religions and denominations in the US. That park may get crowded with monuments.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...anic-monument/

It has to be put in a small area called “The Free Speech Zone.” It is an area designated to 10 or fewer memorials, as long as they honor veterans.

“They said they were putting it up and I did not like it,” said resident Donna Karnitz.

City Councilmember Cary Coop says he voted against the designated free speech area.

“I don’t think there’s too many Satanists around here, but it’s free speech,” Coop said.

He says they anticipated other groups coming in.

We were warned against creating this free speech zone, and it will be probably be just as well that we didn’t have one, that people could use private property to say whatever they want,” Coop said.
    The area in question as well as the other current memorial:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's move all the Confederate memorials there. It might become a tourist attraction.

The government has no business playing favorites with any religious viewpoint. How in the world is this consistent with the idea of minimal government that the RPF supposedly endorse?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The government has no business playing favorites with any religious viewpoint. How in the world is this consistent with the idea of minimal government that the RPF supposedly endorse?
    Which is what the people suggesting the satanic memorial say is what they want to show- that there should not be ANY sort of religious related memorial. Even ones with crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Which is what the people suggesting the satanic memorial say is what they want to show- that there should not be ANY sort of religious related memorial. Even ones with crosses.
    Then don't go to any veterans cemetary. Government property. Crosses everywhere.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Kind of ironic...

Russkies
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Then don't go to any veterans cemetary. Government property. Crosses everywhere.
    My dad is in one.

I'm sorry a space dedicated to honoring veterans is under controversy this way.

As a Christian, satanists can do what they want. They will not win. The call has already been made. I don't want to sound all Church Lady and cliche, but that's really the bottom line. I don't sit on the edge of my seat and wring my hands over this stuff because it is already written. Jesus has won.
    #NashvilleStrong

Speaking of Satanism, I was just watching this video yesterday…

Yeah, it does look silly, but there is a spiritual battle going on. And as you can see in this vid, the enemy wants to make Satanic symbols "cool."

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This sounds more like trolling Christians than exalting the Dark One.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

My dad is in one.
    I'm sorry for your loss. Mine's not. He is buried next to my mother. There is, however, a cross on the plaque provided by the VA.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    This sounds more like trolling Christians than exalting the Dark One.
    That's what it is.

You'd be hard pressed to find a non-ironic Satanist.

Most of it is. Trolling Christians and rousing the phony outrage of Todd Starnes.
    #NashvilleStrong

My dad is in one.
    A recent loss for you, I believe.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    A recent loss for you, I believe.
    April. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Speaking of Satanism, I was just watching this video yesterday…

Yeah, it does look silly, but there is a spiritual battle going on. And as you can see in this vid, the enemy wants to make Satanic symbols "cool."

Their also trying to make Christian Symbols and Imagery look cool.

Blue Exorcist

Evangelion

Hellsing
    Last edited by Lamp; 07-20-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    @lilymc It's a thing. I'm just putting it out there. The concept of demons is somewhat more ambiguous in Buddhist influenced countries like Japan, Thailand etc.

Characteristics of Asuras[edit]

The concept of Asura-Devas migrated from India to southeast Asia in 1st millennium CE. Above Vayuphak Asura, from the Hindu epic Ramayana, represented in Thailand.

All powerful beings, good or evil, are called Asuras in the oldest layer of Vedic texts[verification needed]. A much studied hymn of the Rigveda states Devav asura (Asuras who have become Devas), and contrasts it with Asura adevah (Asuras who are not Devas).[16][33] Each Asura and Deva emerges from the same father (Prajapati), share the same residence (Loka), eat together the same food and drinks (Soma), and have innate potential, knowledge and special powers in Hindu mythology; the only thing that distinguishes "Asura who become Deva" from "Asura who remain Asura" is intent, action and choices they make in their mythic lives.[24][34]
    "Asuras who remain Asura" share the character of powerful beings obsessed with their craving for ill-gotten Soma and wealth, ego, anger, unprincipled nature, force and violence.[35][36] Further, when they lose, miss or don't get what they want because they were distracted by their cravings, the "Asuras who remain Asuras" question, challenge and attack the ""Asuras who become Devas" to loot and get a share from what Devas have and they don't, in Hindu mythology.[35][36] The hostility between the two is the source of extensive legends, tales and literature in Hinduism; however, many texts discuss their hostility in neutral terms and without explicit moral connotations or condemnation.[34] Some of these tales are the basis for myths behind major Hindu Epics and annual festivals, such as the story of Asura Ravana and Deva Rama in the Ramayana and the legend of Asura Hiranyakashipu and Deva Vishnu as Narasimha,[34] the latter celebrated with the Hindu spring festival of Holika and Holi.[37]
    Character of the Asuras[edit]

While all the gods of the Kāmadhātu are subject to the passions to some degree, the Asuras above all of them have become addicted to them, especially wrath, pride, envy, insincerity, falseness, boasting, and bellicosity.
    Because of their passions, rebirth as an Asura is considered to be one of the four unhappy births (together with rebirth as an animal, a preta, or a being in Naraka). The state of an Asura reflects the mental state of a human being obsessed with ego, force and violence, always looking for an excuse to get into a fight, angry with everyone and unable to maintain calm or solve problems peacefully.
    Beings may go to the Asura realm because in human form they had good intentions, but committed bad actions such as harming others.
    Concerning Asuras, the Great Calm-Observation by Zhiyi says: “Always desiring to be superior to others, having no patience for inferiors and belittling strangers; like a hawk, flying high above and looking down on others, and yet outwardly displaying justice, worship, wisdom, and faith — this is raising up the lowest order of good and walking the way of the Asuras.”
    The Asuras are said to experience a much more pleasurable life than humans, but they are plagued by envy for the devas, whom they can see just as animals perceive humans. The Asuras of some inferior realms however, are malevolent (such as the corruptor Mara) and can be referred to as demons. They are alternatively called Rakshasas.
    In terms of power, Asuras rank above humans but below most of the other deities. They live in the area at the foot of Mount Sumeru, at least partially in the sea that surrounds it.
    On the popular cosmic picture of the Bhavacakra, the Asuras are sometimes shown as a sixth stage of existence, and sometimes grouped together with the devas. The five-stage version was the original[citation needed], and the addition of the Asuras as the sixth was done in Tibet on the authority of Je Tsongkhapa.
    The leaders of the Asuras are called Asurendra (Pāli: Asurinda) "Asura-lord". There are several of these, as the Asuras are broken into different tribes or factions. Among them are the bow-wielding Dānaveghasa Asuras, and the terrible-faced Kālakañjakas. The principal leaders are Vemacitrin (Pāli: Vepacitti), Rāhu (also called Veroca or Verocana), and Pahārāda.
    You can also have kawaii angels, birds, frogs, wolves etc.
    Last edited by Lamp; 07-20-2017 at 05:47 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Their also trying to make Christian Symbols and Imagery look cool.

Blue Exorcist

Evangelion

Hellsing
    I've never watched those shows so I can't say much about it but the Hellsing one looks Satanic. Now that I think about it, these days a lot of those cartoon shows (not just in Japan but in the US too) sort of glorify demonic looking creatures. Not surprising when you consider that the temporary power of this world is the enemy of God. (Eph 2:2, 1 John 5:19, 2 Cor 4:4, etc.)
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I've never watched those shows so I can't say much about it but the Hellsing one looks Satanic. Now that I think about it, these days a lot of those cartoon shows (not just in Japan but in the US too) sort of glorify demonic looking creatures. Not surprising when you consider that the temporary power of this world is the enemy of God. (Eph 2:2, 1 John 5:19, 2 Cor 4:4, etc.)
    Hellsing, an organization specializing in dealing with supernatural threats, is called in to eliminate a vampire that is turning the villagers of Cheddar into ghouls. To put an end to this, the leader of the organization, Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, dispatches her most formidable asset: a powerful vampire known as Alucard.

Armed with only a single handgun, Alucard wreaks havoc on the monsters plaguing Cheddar. However, a young police officer, Seras Victoria, gets caught up in the chaos and becomes mortally wounded as a result. Taking pity on the girl, Alucard gives her a choice: die as a human or live on as a vampire. Seras accepts his offer and begins a new life as a member of Hellsing.

Though it was her decision, Seras struggles with the fact that she is no longer human. Nevertheless, she must embrace being a creature of the night soon if she wants to survive on the front lines in the fight between humans and the supernatural.
    You actually have to watch the show to know what its about.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    People like the idea of a cool looking more ambigouous character such as Alucard pairing up with the good guys and fighting the more lucid variety
    Last edited by Lamp; 07-20-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    The thing I'm trying to get at is the Mangaka who wrote Hellsing, Highschool DxD or any other series with a demon/vampire lead in the monthly magazine that got made into a tv show make significantly less money than we think they do. That's partly because their being screwed over by the publishing companies who rip them off. So they wouldn't gain much by trying to "promote Satanism" and such by introducing good protagonists who happen to be demons. Hell he probably only has 5 hours a week of free time due to deadlines. The guy behind the pen just wants people to compliment his art and his plot he isn't part of some order. He's just some guy who could potentially die 5 years later due to writers block.
    Last edited by Lamp; 07-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    The thing I'm trying to get at is the Mangaka who wrote Hellsing, Highschool DxD or any other series with a demon/vampire lead in the monthly magazine that got made into a tv show make significantly less money than we think they do. That's partly because their being screwed over by the publishing companies who rip them off. So they wouldn't gain much by trying to "promote Satanism" and such by introducing good protagonists who happen to be demons. Hell he probably only has 5 hours a week of free time due to deadlines. The guy behind the pen just wants people to compliment his art and his plot he isn't part of some order.
    He wants to create what the publishing companies want created, they are the ones pushing this trend.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    The show is about a vampire who fought the turks many centuries ago who now works for a protestant private military organization along with his former police girl sidekick who fights the vatican and nazi zombies that's all it is. In this case the action is more important than the design. No one is trying to promote satanism by introducing characters with interesting backstories and cool designs that the fans enjoy.

Last edited by Lamp; 07-20-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast