Thread: Lockdown Question

Lockdown Question

From what I’ve heard, when a state goes into lockdown, only essential businesses are open and you are only supposed to go out for essential trips to get food or medicine(or go to work if you are in an essential field). Let’s say you go to a business like Walmart to pick up some groceries, and then you swing by the electronics department and buy a video game. Would that make your trip nonessential? Would you get harassed for doing this? Would there be any legal blowback for purchasing a “non essential” item while on an “essential” item shopping trip?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    Would there be any legal blowback for purchasing a “non essential” item while on an “essential” item shopping trip?
    Why are you concerned about legality?

Do you love obeying bad Laws.? Or fear the beat-down for steeping out of line?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Lockdown Question
    I Told you it is looking like the Main Yard out here... Told ya so.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Well, it appears that the fear and control programming is progressing nicely.

Live your life the way you want to. If you fear authority then you need to learn to lie like a mother $#@!er and be okay with that.

We have been living in an open air prison for years @pcosmar, but they sure are taking off the masks at an alarming rate. Stay sharp.

From what I’ve heard, when a state goes into lockdown, only essential businesses are open and you are only supposed to go out for essential trips to get food or medicine(or go to work if you are in an essential field). Let’s say you go to a business like Walmart to pick up some groceries, and then you swing by the electronics department and buy a video game. Would that make your trip nonessential? Would you get harassed for doing this? Would there be any legal blowback for purchasing a “non essential” item while on an “essential” item shopping trip?
    No one would care. Social distancing is more important than what you buy or where you go.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Look at the Lower Trestles or Upper Trestles cam on Surfline.com

I would argue surfing is an essential activity, but everybody is sitting like 2' apart..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If Angela Merkel can buy alcohol at the store, which is non-essential, you can buy a freaking video game.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Consider this for a moment . This is going to end, if Trump is not harmed by the communists and democrats who hate him. Its wise for all people to remain calm, not be afraid, and lay low. watch the news, , read the markets, word of mouth ask and talk to people how they are doing. i think this is going to blow over sooner than the democrats say. The liars are trying to prolong this, but there is a very very delicate supply chain of food, water, and gas.....so dont exacerbate them. Dont give them an excuse to go full blown totalitarian, allow the president a little time to bring federal orders to the governors to back the F off...because they are doing illegal $#@! right now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a direct link to the "Stay At Home" order just issued by Mecklenburg Co/Charlotte NC. I figure this is what most of the orders look like everywhere and since I assume you're in NC also, your area and/or the state's as a whole would be very similar.
    https://www.mecknc.gov/news/Document...e%20Orders.pdf

I don't have an answer to your particular question but it seems unlikely that purchasing a video game while at the same "essential location" would be actionable.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

yeah...in ohio the "locked us down" but employers went aboot wiggling their way into the defined framework- when NOT APPROPRIATE
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

II would not tell anyone I was out buying video games if they asked . If you give me a silver quarter I will keep it to myself .

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If Angela Merkel can buy alcohol at the store, which is non-essential, you can buy a freaking video game.
    Beer & wine are essential in merkelstan.

Thank goodness I am in the special yard and get to do whatever I want .

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    learn to lie like a mother $#@!er and be okay with that.
    Yep. Deception is an act of violence against the truth. Just as use of violent force is justifiable in self-defense, so, too, doing violence against the truth (lying) is justifiable in self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Yep. Deception is an act of violence against the truth. Just as use of violent force is justifiable in self-defense, so, too, doing violence against the truth (lying) is justifiable in self-defense.
    That's right. Moral obligations to truth go right away when faced with a self-defense situation, which includes any interaction with an armed government worker.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.