Thread: Shipping is insane!

Shipping is insane!

I called to get quotes, intended to ship 50# of beef to my buddy in Fl. ie; medium sized cooler w/ dry ice

Next day $500.00-$750.00!

Priority 2-3 days $300.00-$500.00

Completely out of line!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I called to get quotes, intended to ship 50# of beef to my buddy in Fl. ie; medium sized cooler w/ dry ice

Next day $500.00-$750.00!

Priority 2-3 days $300.00-$500.00

Completely out of line!
    I don't know what the rates are now, but you might see what an airline would charge for freight. Every airline that I worked for would ship parcels. There will be a limit on the number of pounds of dry ice in each package because it is hazardous in large quantities in enclosed spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I don't know what the rates are now, but you might see what an airline would charge for freight. Every airline that I worked for would ship parcels. There will be a limit on the number of pounds of dry ice in each package because it is hazardous in large quantities in enclosed spaces.
    Thanks for the idea, the closest airport is 125 miles each way but I suppose it's worth a phone call.

I needed some windshield wiper blades. NAPA wanted $24 each. I procured a pair with free shipping from Ebay for less than $11. I told my wife I don't know how they do it because I couldn't even ship that box for $11.
    @tod evans at one point years ago I was selling lots of auto parts and a buyer made me aware that shipping via PayPal is much cheaper. Even if you want to send something priority mail it is cheaper if you go thru PayPal. I shipped a tailgate via freight and PayPal was cheaper than my wife's company that ships lots of stuff everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I needed some windshield wiper blades. NAPA wanted $24 each. I procured a pair with free shipping from Ebay for less than $11. I told my wife I don't know how they do it because I couldn't even ship that box for $11.
    @tod evans at one point years ago I was selling lots of auto parts and a buyer made me aware that shipping via PayPal is much cheaper. Even if you want to send something priority mail it is cheaper if you go thru PayPal. I shipped a tailgate via freight and PayPal was cheaper than my wife's company that ships lots of stuff everyday.
    I'll bang around on their site tonight...

Thanks.