View Poll Results: Which Would You Prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd prefer the spending cut over the deportation.

5 100.00%
  • I'd prefer the deportation over the spending cut.

0 0%

Thread: $500 Billion Spending Cut v. Mass Deportation of Illegals

$500 Billion Spending Cut v. Mass Deportation of Illegals

Vote and comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    N.B. This poll is directed mostly toward anti-immigrant people: i.e. those for whom this choice represents a trade-off.

Obviously, for the free immigration people like myself, there's no trade-off.

I'll take both.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

ICE's entire budget is 1% of the spending cut.
    Even the entire Department of Fatherland Security is only 40 billion.
    There's not really a way to get to 500 billion without completely slashing entire other features of the fedgov, or seriously dipping into either military or welfare spending.
    Don't get me wrong, I mean $#@! 'em all... you could just welch on the F-35 and make up three times that amount... but for people who are still sleeping and think we need *some* of this $#@!, it's impossible to cut 500 billion and not piss them off somehow.
    And the ones of us who are woke and recognize we can get by just fine without *any* of it, of course we're going for the cut because we all think immigration controls are bull$#@! to begin with.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    There's not really a way to get to 500 billion without completely slashing entire other features of the fedgov, or seriously dipping into either military or welfare spending.
    Don't get me wrong, I mean $#@! 'em all... you could just welch on the F-35 and make up three times that amount... but for people who are still sleeping and think we need *some* of this $#@!, it's impossible to cut 500 billion and not piss them off somehow.
    And the ones of us who are woke and recognize we can get by just fine without *any* of it, of course we're going for the cut because we all think immigration controls are bull$#@! to begin with.
    I never understood why we just didn’t buy more F-22s (which would lower the per unit cost) over pushing the F-35. Probably the old navy vs. Air Force politics, etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Why does there have to be a choice? Immigration would not be a problem without the Nanny State.
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-08-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Cut $500 billion from what we're spending and use some of the savings to deport illegals.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

So I guess we'll put @Swordsmyth, @euphemia, and @Anti-Neocon down for deportation, given the comments they made in lieu of voting?

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Neither mass deportation nor a $500 billion spending cut is possible in this political environment.

This is hypothetical, to see how the issues compare in the minds of RPFers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poorly constructed null hypothesis.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Why does there have to be a choice? Immigration would not be a problem without the Nanny State.
    And they come here, and vote, and then re-create the nanny state what was the point in getting rid of it