Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    So what the hell does the attacker say about why he did it? Or his lawyer?
    I would assume nothing.

You generally don’t incriminate your client.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Red pill II
    And a bitter pill it was...almost as bad as that huge horse pill I had to swallow to understand that freedom is not popular.

$#@! these people.

Some leftist foamer raises his fist at me, he's getting ventilated, this sad, sorry incident shows it does not take any sort of weapon to inflict mortal, or potentially mortal, wounds.

Update: Another Paul family neighbor, Lidija Loik, reached out, saying:

“My family is relatively new to Bowling Green Kentucky, having moved from Canada three years ago. The Pauls have offered their kindness and friendship to us. Their support while we settle into a new life was and continues to be a blessing. Both Rand and Kelley focus importance on community and friendship and their home is warm, loving and the door open to new friends and old. The Paul family should be highly regarded for the kindness they show and how they continue to embrace all those that cross their path.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...are-fake-news/

Oh, and I give thanks every day day that I have no "neighbors", at least as most people understand the word.

Amen.

Rand Paul neighbor pleads not guilty to assault on Senator, Paul disputes "trivial" claims

Senator Rand Paul's neighbor Rene Boucher has pleaded not guilty after being charged for attacking the Senator at his Kentucky home.

Paul is currently recovering after he was allegedly tackled from behind by Boucher for what Boucher's attorney told CBS News in a statement "was a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial."

But Paul appears to be disputing claims made by his next-door neighbor's lawyer that a "trivial" dispute over landscaping issues were at the root of a recent dust-up that left the senator with six broken ribs.

The statement did not further describe what precipitated the attack. It did note that Boucher and Paul have been next-door neighbors for 17 years and said that the two, both physicians, had worked together when they were both practicing. "We sincerely hope that Senator Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible."

But Paul's most recent tweets suggest the drama may not be as minor as Boucher's attorney makes it seem. Paul tweeted links to two reports by Breitbart News and the Washington Examiner, both claiming the reports of a "landscaping dispute" were erroneous, citing various neighbors of the Paul family.

"The stories of a 'landscaping dispute', or a dispute of any sort between Rand Paul and Rene Boucher are erroneous and unfounded. The reason for Mr. Boucher's bizarre attack is known only to him. Statements to the contrary are irresponsible and unnecessary," wrote neighbor Travis Creed in an email to Breitbart News.

This speculation regarding Boucher's motive, Creed says, "has led to an unfair characterization of the Pauls and their home."

Another neighbor, Dan Renshaw, told the Examiner, "This episode is so wrong on so many levels, to be absolutely blindsided and attacked while mowing one's lawn. I can't imagine being in my yard pulling weeds or mowing and being totally attacked by anyone, much less my neighbor? It's hard to believe he was out of jail the next morning on a $7,500 bail."
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=110&v=69_DV3qWfQo

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Din do nuffin
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Edit:

It seems that this DA does not handle more serious charges, if we can believe this story. Can the guy be charged twice for the same crime? Will this make him immune to other charges?:

Fourth-degree assault is the most serious charge prosecuted by the Warren County Attorney.

If more serious state charges are brought against Boucher, they would be prosecuted by Commonwealth’s Attorney Christopher T. Cohron.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...c65_story.html

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/928690790133583873
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-09-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Time to bump it up to assault in the second degree.

He's a smug looking a-hole, isn't he?

Wonder if someone handed him an AR-15 on his way out and said "happy hunting"?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He's a smug looking a-hole, isn't he?
    His face exhibits the signs of cosmetic surgery. Oddly set eyes = eye job. Zero wrinkles on face = botox.
    Even if Rand saw him coming, he wouldn't have known he was about to be attacked, because the guy's paralyzed face can't display any emotion.

Here's the guy's lawyer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poN--sfpURM
    Last edited by Valli6; 11-09-2017 at 12:26 PM.

new statement from Doug Stafford

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Edit:

It seems that this DA does not handle more serious charges, if we can believe this story. Can the guy be charged twice for the same crime? Will this make him immune to other charges?:

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/928690790133583873
    Yes it would make him immune to further charges, this needs to be upgraded to attempted murder and handed to Commonwealth’s Attorney Christopher T. Cohron.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I wonder if Randal has had to cancel/postpone any pro-bono eye surgeries due to this assault? That would make a decent news piece.

Edit:

It seems that this DA does not handle more serious charges, if we can believe this story. Can the guy be charged twice for the same crime? Will this make him immune to other charges?

That's what I was worried about.
    And what if there are no federal charges brought against this guy? Is this it, then? 4th degree assault?

That's what I was worried about.
    And what if there are no federal charges brought against this guy? Is this it, then? 4th degree assault?
    It is really early, he just was arraigned today. Now that he has pled not guilty, that's when they really start to up the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is really early, he just was arraigned today. Now that he has pled not guilty, that's when they really start to up the charges.
    Oh, I see.
    ok, good.
    Thanks.

Ribbit ribbit.

Dude either has a perma-smirk or he's literally smirking.

He has the hair of Donald Trump, without the stylist.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Fox News just reported federal charges to be filed shortly. The dispute is believed to be politically motivated.

Looking like that narrative about the homeowner's association stuff and leaves and pumpkins and grass clippings had absolutely nothing to do with this. The left wing media is a disgrace.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    here's the Fox report, federal charges coming soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp55oHwHrBY
    Looks like KY is considering bumping the charge to Assault in the second also.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Looks like KY is considering bumping the charge to Assault in the second also.

Good.
    It should be attempted murder.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It should be attempted murder.
    That would be to hard to prove. I don't think a DA would touch that.

Pure speculation: With what we now know, a likely scenario is that this guy had planned this political attack for quite a while, and the lawn/leaves excuse was pre-planned. In other words, he knew Rand would eventually be out there mowing, and he could attack him at that time and use his planned alibi. Probably wanted to do it right before important Senate votes, like the ones coming up, to take Rand out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That would be to hard to prove. I don't think a DA would touch that.
    Perhaps, but they should at least go for assault with a deadly weapon, if a karate expert or a boxer qualifies then his medical knowledge combined with the nature of the injuries he caused should as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Judge Nap on potential charges yesterday:

Perhaps, but they should at least go for assault with a deadly weapon, if a karate expert or a boxer qualifies then his medical knowledge combined with the nature of the injuries he caused should as well.
    Would be a tough sell. Depends on the jury.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast