Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be nice to the new people

Be nice to the new people

We have lots of new people here, and it can be almost automatic for most of us who have been here for 4 years to come off a little harsh when a topic is posted and it clearly does not fall with in the views we are so familiar with.

Remember, you were new to Ron Paul once to and you asked some questions to get a better idea of what the movement was all about. Everyone needs to learn to understand the big picture of what we are all about.

There is no stupid question from a newbie and simply replying with "google it" or "use the search button" can scare off potential voters. Remember this is not an XBOX forum where newbs are fresh fish, this is a place where we get people to vote for Ron Paul.

We may have to repeat the same answers over and over, but it is worth the time when it comes to getting a new voter on board with us. Remember for ever new voter there is the chance to get 1000's more through networking and word of mouth. Every new member here is priceless.

We may be able to argue and play games with each other, but new people may not feel comfortable enough yet to understand our political style of humor and hazing.

sticky if possible.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+Rep
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sticky this please?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

This thread was done because multiple times today people with under 20 post counts started new topics posting videos and articles like the John Stewart stuff and Ron Pauls new commercial with the intent to get involved and share something that truly excited them and brought them here to "be part of it", and in every case the first response was "posted like 3 days ago dude" That would scare off someone who genuinely just got interested in Ron Paul and was so excited to join us, and now they may never come back.
    We all need to think back to 2007 when everyone was new and get back into the education mode.

Definitely. I've been sending on-the-fencers to RonPaulFlix.com and here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine how many times Ron Paul has repeated the message throughout the decades. I think his example of patients, humility, and the overall passion for the message is important for all supporters to remember. Ron Paul leads by example.

Nice post Robert. Sticky this please.

Does being nice include having an avatar of you pointing a .44 BlackHawk in my face?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    We have lots of new people here, and it can be almost automatic for most of us who have been here for 4 years to come off a little harsh when a topic is posted and it clearly does not fall with in the views we are so familiar with.

Remember, you were new to Ron Paul once to and you asked some questions to get a better idea of what the movement was all about. Everyone needs to learn to understand the big picture of what we are all about.

There is no stupid question from a newbie and simply replying with "google it" or "use the search button" can scare off potential voters. Remember this is not an XBOX forum where newbs are fresh fish, this is a place where we get people to vote for Ron Paul.

We may have to repeat the same answers over and over, but it is worth the time when it comes to getting a new voter on board with us. Remember for ever new voter there is the chance to get 1000's more through networking and word of mouth. Every new member here is priceless.

We may be able to argue and play games with each other, but new people may not feel comfortable enough yet to understand our political style of humor and hazing.

sticky if possible.

Mods have been cracking down on reported posts.

It's a 45 ruger birdshead vaquero

Let us be mentors and harness the energy of these new people for the greatest effect of helping our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Mods have been cracking down on reported posts.

"Let go Let GO, get down you bunch of zealots!!!"

Still cracks me up to this day.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-18-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    It's a 45 ruger birdshead vaquero
    Awesome piece, I just took a WAG.

Ya she is a good shooter and even a good carry piece.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't taze me brah .

As difficult as it is, the greatest of leaders lead from the
    front with humble attitudes towards all people and accept
    harsh criticism. To shy away from controversy ,criticism
    and open discussion is to deprive not only the people of
    respect and liberty but of the self deprivation of the
    human spirit to understand and grow in wisdom.

no voice big,small,little,microscopic,or nanocopic are unimportant.Non-information is as dangerous as mis-information and disingenuous to promoting the cause of protecting individual liberties of all people.

"Dr Ron Paul is the new BIG TENT candidate for president 2012. Bringing in (R), (I), (D), anti-war progressives, moderate liberals, fiscally conservative independents, socially moderate republicans, Libertarians, Ronald Reagan democrats and people from every walk of life under the same tent as Americans. The RNC and DNC use fear and hate to keep us seperate and ineffective." - Ben Mihalski
    This ^^
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

If I may add....lets also attempt to stay within the message that is Ron Pauls. So many times we take issues that RP is not against and promote it, even though it isnt within his core beliefs.
    I'll give an example. I was attempting to talk to three people about converting to Ron Paul instead of Bachmann. As usual I started with areas that we agree. (Taxes, too much government oversight, war in Iraq) I always find areas we agree upon and then I may start going into some of the more controversial issues... in this case I didnt have to. After three issues, I had them and they wanted RPs information. (when someone says they want to vote for him or want his website, stop. Let RP sell them on the rest) Then in came another RP fan. He started with his favorite issue...Weed and Prostitution. RP has never said he thinks Weed is a good idea. He just doesnt think it should be regulated. RP has never said he supports prostitution. In fact he thinks its horrible and degrates women but he supports a womens right to use her body as she sees fit, as long as the sex is concentual. My dear friend within the movement changed their mind within 2 minutes. They were offended.

As we have new people coming into our movement, allow Ron Pauls message to be his own. Please attemp to keep what he is saying as his message. Ron doesnt lead with the most controversial issues. Sometimes media brings it up to make him seem less appealing but he, himself never leads with those items. Our tent needs to be huge in order to win. Not bringing up controversial issues doesnt make our movement less pure... it just allows us to win and for me that is all that matters. We can be "right" after our candidate is president.
    Next Moneybomb:
    Constitution Day Moneybomb, Sep 17th!

Moneybomb Calendar:
    Sept. 17th - Constitution Day Moneybomb
    Oct. 19th -
    Black THIS Out!! Moneybomb
    Nov 11th - Veterans Day Moneybomb
    Dec 16th - Tea Party Moneybomb

Most of the time, I have found the community here to be respectful, helpful, and endearing. So this instruction is not only wise and timely, but indicative of my experience here, so keep up the good work everyone!

Or you can do what you've been doing for years and insult and berate anyone who isn't 100% anarchist with ad hominem bullsh#t.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

I would like to second that emotion.

There is nothing i hate more than people being grumpy about a re-post of something. Its a Catch-22 sometimes. Assuming you find the old thread (which can be hard when its a video) if you post there, the same people who would get grumpy about a re-post will get grumpy at your zombie thread.

Id +rep if i could, how does one gain access to that privilege anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Narmical View Post
    I would like to second that emotion.

There is nothing i hate more than people being grumpy about a re-post of something. Its a Catch-22 sometimes. Assuming you find the old thread (which can be hard when its a video) if you post there, the same people who would get grumpy about a re-post will get grumpy at your zombie thread.

Id +rep if i could, how does one gain access to that privilege anyhow?
    You can + rep at any time, but I don't think it "counts" towards total rep until after you have 100 posts.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To my understanding, to give rep you need to click on that six pointed star icon in the lower left hand corner of a post. I only see it on my own posts. unless I'm missing something?

Be nice to ALL people.

Signed,

Former neo-con.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    Be nice to ALL people.

Signed,

Former neo-con.
    You damn former neo-con! lol, oh wait... that's me too. hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by anti federalist View Post
    does being nice include having an avatar of you pointing a .44 blackhawk in my face?

Lol

lol

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by extrmmxer View Post
    Imagine how many times Ron Paul has repeated the message throughout the decades. I think his example of patients, humility, and the overall passion for the message is important for all supporters to remember. Ron Paul leads by example.

Nice post Robert. Sticky this please.
    *thumbs up*
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast