Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1903

Thread: Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    Well I never knew about this thread...

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a whistleholic. ("Hi, Dave.")

Seriously though, I'm an aspiring professional whistler. I've done lots of paying gigs but haven't had that big break yet to be able to get to the point where I can make this my full time living. Hoping that happens at some point; I just got hooked up with a much better agent than the one I just had for the last couple years.

I am a former life long Democrat (liberal--and key word *former*) and I started following Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, and switched party registration to Republican in order to be able to vote for him in the primary. Here in California, it was so late in the game, they were already declaring Romney had "clinched" it so I made huge signs out of plywood saying "The Media Is Lying -- Ron Paul Is Still In It! www.thereal2012delegatecount.com" and I went around in the middle of the night before election day hanging them up over freeway overpasses in very high traffic areas. When I went to take them down the following night, all but 2 of them were taken down within a day, even though I used chains and padlocks and reinforced them with metal plates to make 'em tough to remove!! LOL Also did phone banking for Ron Paul leading up to the CA primary, calling registered Repubs in Orange County.

Currently between jobs. I do purchasing, 10+ years experience, mostly medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals. Was also a Realtor for 7 years but no real desire to go back into real estate. I think I'm really close to getting a good job, finally. Got two good possibilities going right now.

Non-Bible believing believer in the Infinite Eternal Consciousness of the Universe.

I sometimes disappear from RPF for weeks or even months at a time, mainly because when I start hanging out here I spend way too much time in here, and I don't get enough productive things done in real life!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    Well I never knew about this thread...

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a whistleholic. ("Hi, Dave.")

Seriously though, I'm an aspiring professional whistler. I've done lots of paying gigs but haven't had that big break yet to be able to get to the point where I can make this my full time living. Hoping that happens at some point; I just got hooked up with a much better agent than the one I just had for the last couple years.

I am a former life long Democrat (liberal--and key word *former*) and I started following Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, and switched party registration to Republican in order to be able to vote for him in the primary. Here in California, it was so late in the game, they were already declaring Romney had "clinched" it so I made huge signs out of plywood saying "The Media Is Lying -- Ron Paul Is Still In It! www.thereal2012delegatecount.com" and I went around in the middle of the night before election day hanging them up over freeway overpasses in very high traffic areas. When I went to take them down the following night, all but 2 of them were taken down within a day, even though I used chains and padlocks and reinforced them with metal plates to make 'em tough to remove!! LOL Also did phone banking for Ron Paul leading up to the CA primary, calling registered Repubs in Orange County.

Currently between jobs. I do purchasing, 10+ years experience, mostly medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals. Was also a Realtor for 7 years but no real desire to go back into real estate. I think I'm really close to getting a good job, finally. Got two good possibilities going right now.

Non-Bible believing believer in the Infinite Eternal Consciousness of the Universe.

I sometimes disappear from RPF for weeks or even months at a time, mainly because when I start hanging out here I spend way too much time in here, and I don't get enough productive things done in real life!!
    Every kid dreams of being a professional whistler someday,but honestly,how many make it big?Good luck with your dreams,but you might consider a backup plan.
    Gandy Dancer?Hod Carrier?Carnival Barker?I'm just saying,don't give up your dreams but keep your options open.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Every kid dreams of being a professional whistler someday,but honestly,how many make it big?Good luck with your dreams,but you might consider a backup plan.
    Gandy Dancer?Hod Carrier?Carnival Barker?I'm just saying,don't give up your dreams but keep your options open.
    LOL Tell me about it... I'm definitely in need of a "day job," and I'm not jobless by choice. Still looking. Another job interview next week, hopefully this will be the one.

Actually wouldn't mind relocating if anybody here owns their own business and needs a good smart purchasing agent, or customer service rep, or sales/marketing person, or all around "everything" person, or manual laborer, or anything else that doesn't require detailed technical knowledge. I could do just about anything any "normal" person could do, as long as it's not surgery, rocket science, electronics, programming, etc... No real technical skills but over ten years purchasing experience, and some real estate experience, good with contracts and paperwork, good with people, great on the phone, really capable. Anybody looking for good reliable help? I just need to make enough to support myself, one wife, and one kid. Willing to cut the long hair if necessary.
    Last edited by WhistlinDave; 08-03-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Hi - My name is David, and I practice law in California. I am a libertarian and sometimes a Libertarian, and a fan of Ron Paul and Rand Paul as well.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hi ya David, welcome

Interesting that you posted *practice law* instead of am an attorney.. I like it. Is that one of those practice makes perfect things?
    ~grin~
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GovBotDotNet View Post
    [...]
    Another Eduardo sock. Welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Patrick View Post
    Hi - My name is David, and I practice law in California. I am a libertarian and sometimes a Libertarian, and a fan of Ron Paul and Rand Paul as well.
    Gretings D. Welcome , I never practice law per se , myself , that is for others, I honestly can not keep up with them all , if I could I would start a blog where everyone could list weekly infractions

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Hi ya David, welcome

Interesting that you posted *practice law* instead of am an attorney.. I like it. Is that one of those practice makes perfect things?
    ~grin~
    Well, all we lawyers ever do is practice...

I am Cynthia Brian,from India...I have come here just to get some knowledge and discuss in what ever I can

Quote Originally Posted by soloice View Post
    I am Cynthia Brian,from India...I have come here just to get some knowledge and discuss in what ever I can
    Welcome!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by soloice View Post
    That is a very Indian name.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    That is a very Indian name.
    Sorta like whenever I call tech support. Frank James, the Hindu, on the other end.

Welcome Cynthia.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hello everyone I'm Richey .. I've come here from Popular Liberty website.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyG View Post
    Hello everyone I'm Richey .. I've come here from Popular Liberty website.
    Welcome. Enjoy the forums! We are anxiously awaiting the return of a friend of ours named Eduardo. If you see him, please tell him I have been very much desiring to speak with him. Thanks!
    Last edited by TER; 12-28-2015 at 08:44 AM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Greetings, my fellow patriots, my name is Ralph Arana and I reside from the state of Indiana. I'm a retired steelworker and a veteran of twenty-eight years of service in the Air Force. At an early age of fifteen, I had a passion for civics, especially the writings of our Founding Fathers and studied the writings of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. How blessed we are as real Americans, to live in America. America is at a crossroads in our history, and we face much adversity, but by the Grace of God, we shall prevail and be humble to Him, for He is our Creator of Heaven and Earth. Blessed are the Peace-Makers and the Defenders of Liberty, for as Patrick Henry said: Give me Liberty or Give me Death. God bless you all and on to victory for Rand Paul as our savior as the next President for the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpharana@yahoo.com View Post
    Greetings, my fellow patriots, my name is Ralph Arana and I reside from the state of Indiana. I'm a retired steelworker and a veteran of twenty-eight years of service in the Air Force. At an early age of fifteen, I had a passion for civics, especially the writings of our Founding Fathers and studied the writings of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. How blessed we are as real Americans, to live in America. America is at a crossroads in our history, and we face much adversity, but by the Grace of God, we shall prevail and be humble to Him, for He is our Creator of Heaven and Earth. Blessed are the Peace-Makers and the Defenders of Liberty, for as Patrick Henry said: Give me Liberty or Give me Death. God bless you all and on to victory for Rand Paul as our savior as the next President for the United States of America.
    Glad to have you here Ralph. Are you a refugee of Daily Paul / Popular Liberty or did you find the site some other way?

Mike aka Son_of_Liberty90, recent college graduate and longtime lurker. I grew up listening to Talk Radio specifically Michael Savage and Glenn Beck who made me think outside the box on certain issues at the time in the late 90s/early 2000s dominated by mainstream media. Around 2007/2008, the name "Ron Paul" kept popping up on their shows from callers, and for some reason both talk show hosts kept shutting them down. Long story short I grew out of talk radio, (I did listen to Jerry Doyle for a time during the 2008 Financial crisis and he was GREAT and calling out BS on both sides, and was a big Ron Paul supporter), then read "The Revolution: A Manifesto" right before/during college, and it seemed to elucidate the political views I knew I had, but could not articulate. They were tied to the Constitution, unlike neocon war cries and rhetoric. It focused on monetary policy hardly talked about in talk radio or the MSM.

I donated a lot of money during the 2012 Ron Paul campaign. Unfortunately, I was out of the country on study abroad during Jan-May 2012, so all I could do was spread campaign videos around on facebook, donate and speak to fellow American college students abroad about the election. Upon returning I attended Paul Fest in Tampa, FL, which was an awesome event, but bittersweet. You guys remember when Rand spoke at "We are the Future" rally talking about the TSA?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-huXq_ts8

This time around, I donated money and signed up for 1,000,000 calls. I was a little disappointed Rand did not at least continue onto NH but I understand he needs to save his seat in the senate.

In the meantime, what I believe we need more than ever, is education through media, preferably a television series or something online that gets millions of views like Cinemasins or HonestTrailers. Maybe even a bestseller.

Because I see a lot of talk on forums, not just RPforums, that only when there is a huge "Collapse" Americans will wake up. Well, if history has shown us anything, its that the exact opposite happens. Americans may be well fed and entertained, but given their track record of supporting the nanny state, they will most likely clamor for more government once a huge disaster hits. It really would be our worst nightmare.

So with all that said, I look forward to great discussions and ideas on liberty!

Hi everyone, My name is Canaan and I just found this site today. (Really behind I know right?) I was very passionate about Ron's campaign in 2012 and actively participated in sign waves and flyer distribution. Unfortunately I was not old enough to vote at the time. (This election will be my first time.) I am very passionate about liberty and bringing change through information and demonstration, and looking forward to advancing the cause of liberty with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    Hi everyone, My name is Canaan and I just found this site today. (Really behind I know right?) I was very passionate about Ron's campaign in 2012 and actively participated in sign waves and flyer distribution. Unfortunately I was not old enough to vote at the time. (This election will be my first time.) I am very passionate about liberty and bringing change through information and demonstration, and looking forward to advancing the cause of liberty with you all.
    Well, alright, then. Welcome to the show, Canaan.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-19-2016 at 09:14 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just joined the site: I'm having huge problems with state terrorism in the Netherlands. I've been plaintiff in a court case against Rothschild bank ABN AMRO (also connected to the Dutch Royals) for over 10 years now.
    After ABN AMRO finally paid me over 200,000 euro Rabobank (also connected to bot Rothschild and the Royal family) simply blocked my bank accounts, beacuse of which I almost starved to death.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 08-03-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Welcome to the forums.

If you ever get a window where you have access to the accounts.. might I suggest you have a bitcoin wallet ready and waiting for instant transfer.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

My name's David. Still in Topeka.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I'm a young man living in Lincoln, NE. I used to visit the DailyPaul every day and also visited RonPaulForums. I hope to get involved in the community once again.

I will be on the Mitch Henck show today at 5pm central to discuss Trump, Trump, Trump, and terrorism.

Please tune in live or podcast at: http://madisontalks.com/
    Knowledge is Liberty!

I'm a pro-White libertarian, something a step above a minarchist.

Quote Originally Posted by FvS View Post
    I'm a pro-White libertarian, something a step above a minarchist.
    You forgot - above average IQ.

I didn't want to make a topic about this, seeing as I haven't been around long, but I'm heading out. Won't be posting, asked Bryan to close my account. I quit my job and I'm moving somewhere else, probably the south or south west. Honestly, I'd rather be homeless than hold a permanent job in a town I hate and no longer know anybody in. See ya!

However, let us consider things for a moment from the standpoint of those whose ideal is material 'welfare', and who therefore rejoice at all the improvements to life furnished by modern 'progress'; are they quite sure they are not being duped? Is it true that, because they dispose of swifter means of communication and other things of the kind, and because of their more agitated and complicated manner of life, men are happier today than they were formerly? The very opposite seems to us to be true: disequilibrium cannot be a condition of real happiness. Moreover, the more needs a man has, the greater the likelihood that he will lack something, and thereby be unhappy; modern civilization aims at creating more and more artificial needs, and as we have already said, it will always create more needs than it can satisfy, for once one has started on this path, it is very hard to stop, and, indeed, there is no reason for stopping at any particular point. It was no hardship for men to do without things that did not exist and of which they had never dreamed; now, on the contrary, they are bound to suffer if they lack these things, since they have become accustomed to consider them as necessities, with the result that they have, in fact, really become necessary to them. Therefore men struggle in every possible way to obtain the means of procuring material satisfactions, the only ones that they are capable of appreciating: they are interested only in 'making money', because it is money that enables them to obtain these things, the more of which they have, the more they wish to have, as they go on discovering fresh needs; and this passion becomes for them the sole end in life. Hence the savage competition certain evolutionists have raised to the dignity of a scientific law under the name of 'the struggle for existence', whose logical consequence is that only the strongest, in the narrowly material sense of the word, have a right to exist.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 05-26-2018 at 10:27 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nortica View Post
    I'm a young man living in Lincoln, NE. I used to visit the DailyPaul every day and also visited RonPaulForums. I hope to get involved in the community once again.
    nice of you to drop in. I lived in Lincoln the summer of 2017. Great memories there! (The donuts weren't half bad either)

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I didn't want to make a topic about this, seeing as I haven't been around long, but I'm heading out. Won't be posting, asked Bryan to close my account. I quit my job and I'm moving somewhere else, probably the south or south west. Honestly, I'd rather be homeless than hold a permanent job in a town I hate and no longer know anybody in. See ya!

Best of luck.

Where is the quote from?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast