Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DOOM: Oroville Dam 'Emergency Spillway' Uncontrolled Flow (above Sacramento)

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I do not think that is Oroville. The dam would be to the right of the spillway and the emergency overflow to the left.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Water levels as off 7:57 am UTC-8.
    http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-18-2017 at 10:06 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    California Governor Jerry Brown is now in charge! He replaced all non union yeomen that were doing all the recent emergency work with Union workers from Sacramento. The main spillway continues to erode away to where eventually they might have to use the emergency spillway again if the main spillway erodes too close to the main dam structure.
    Last edited by seapilot; 02-18-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Well , with Brown in charge , Californians must feel safe .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    California Governor Jerry Brown is now in charge! He replaced all non union yeomen that were doing all the recent emergency work with Union workers from Sacramento. The main spillway continues to erode away to where eventually they might have to use the emergency spillway again if the main spillway erodes too close to the main dam structure.
    I'm sure a coupla bags of rocks will take care of the problem.

Forget about the dams. It's the levees that are the big risk... will California survive this next storm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Highly unlikely though. Main spillway is functional, and should continue to be. Levees downstream are the risk.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Frustrating part of the local media coverage is the hysteria over low risk events like dam failure, and ignoring levee failure and standard river, stream. creek, flooding. One purpose of dams is flood control. Every dam in California is over or near capacity. That means that they no longer serve as flood control. All water that comes into the dam must flow out of the dam. No more regulation of flow. that is the real danger.

It should be noted that the Oroville dam is one, possibly the only one, that does not have a fully functional overflow spillway. Most dams have overflow spillways that are designed to be used as often as needed. There is little risk of dam (or spillway) failure.

Another note: the hysterical media likes to say "but if we have a 7.3 earthquake right now, the dams might fail because they are full!" Yeah, well a meteor might hit the dam too, but that is not a reason for hysterical media coverage.

There will be plenty of time after this is resolved to assign blame.

And the blame goes to Trump and Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Frustrating part of the local media coverage is the hysteria over low risk events like dam failure, and ignoring levee failure and standard river, stream. creek, flooding. One purpose of dams is flood control. Every dam in California is over or near capacity. That means that they no longer serve as flood control. All water that comes into the dam must flow out of the dam. No more regulation of flow. that is the real danger.

It should be noted that the Oroville dam is one, possibly the only one, that does not have a fully functional overflow spillway. Most dams have overflow spillways that are designed to be used as often as needed. There is little risk of dam (or spillway) failure.

Another note: the hysterical media likes to say "but if we have a 7.3 earthquake right now, the dams might fail because they are full!" Yeah, well a meteor might hit the dam too, but that is not a reason for hysterical media coverage.
    I will make a couple phone calls Mon to remind them of the danger of a meteor . I will point out Crater Lake .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will make a couple phone calls Mon to remind them of the danger of a meteor . I will point out Crater Lake .
    Don't forget to mention volcanoes and Tsunamis. Killer bees too!
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.

Don't forget to mention volcanoes and Tsunamis. Killer bees too!
    True , the climate in San Diego looks ripe for killer bee invasion .
    Do something Danke

Forget about the dams. It's the levees that are the big risk... will California survive this next storm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
    Led Zeppelin was, like... the most successful cover band in history.

Sheesh.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Well , I take it Sacramento is still there ?
    Do something Danke

San Jose is a bit wet.

Well , I take it Sacramento is still there ?
    Sadly, yes. Sac is one of the more miserable cities with which I am familiar.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    San Jose is a bit wet.
    Well , as long as the Gordon Biersch Brewery on E San Fernando and Rock Bottom Brewery in Campbell made it , I guess thats all that matters
    Do something Danke

Doom , renowned Psychic Medium Kyra Oser has predicted a major earthquake in 2017 for California . Nice knowing you guys .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doom , renowned Psychic Medium Kyra Oser has predicted a major earthquake in 2017 for California . Nice knowing you guys .

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of flooding around and downstream of nearly every reservoir in NoCal, precisely for the reasons outlined above. While there has been a lot of high value property damage, some flooding is almost comical. Knee deep water with people being "saved" by boats being pushed by firefighters walking in the water, and authorities bragging about how many people they have "saved". More like big puddles (not that it didn't ruin everything).

And the media hysteria and paranoia about "contaminated" flood water is funny. Everyone must be decontaminated if they touch the water! When we were kids, we would end up swimming in that contaminated flood water, no ill effects. Guess snowflakes melt in muddy water.

The Central valley is sinking . Some places by nearly two feet in the past two years . Some dude from some Cal Univ. said on 60 minutes you are doomed because you took out too much water from the deep underground aquifers during the drought . It is time to flee , at any moment you may drop deep into the ground and mutate into something similar to a mole combined with a crayfish . This species will not be protected so while you are busy searching for worms or insects for food dudes from Nevada dressed like Indiana Jones will be searching for you to sell you as bait to Canadian fisherman.
    Do something Danke

At the next Council I intend to give the go ahead to just start using a US Flag with 49 stars . I just have to remember where in the attic it is .
    Do something Danke

Lakeport flooding as Clear Lake overflows...

Video of what the Main spillway looks like now.

Concrete with no steel?

Nice

Beautiful rocky canyon now. No need to fix anything. Gold panning in the rivers is going to be good this year...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Beautiful rocky canyon now. No need to fix anything. Gold panning in the rivers is going to be good this year...
    I have a friend that lives in the Sacramento area and he's already seeing it. Hard on the back, he says.

Gov. Jerry Brown keeps Oroville Dam repair costs hidden, state lawmakers say

California Gov. Jerry Brown has unsealed previously secret memos related to repair plans and safety issues at the damaged Oroville Dam, but his administration's alleged refusal to be transparent about the contract bidding process and overall project costs has some state legislators frustrated.

In testimony before the state Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee hearing on Tuesday, the acting director of California’s Department of Water Resources (DWR), Bill Croyle, admitted he knew none of the details of the $275 million contract awarded to repair the Oroville Dam, which was damaged in February.

“I give them credit for opening up the reports and that is good moving forward. But we have to make sure the repairs are done on time and on budget. The acting director could not tell us who was responsible for negotiating the contract. He should know,” said State Sen. Jim Nielsen, who sits on the budget subcommittee that oversees the water project, and whose district includes Oroville.

The state awarded the $274 million contract to the Nebraska-based Kiewit Infrastructure West, which had proposed the lowest-cost bid among three companies. However, Kiewit’s offer was $44 million more than a $231.7 million estimated by DWR engineers and almost $100 million more than initial estimates by the state.

“We need to know more about these contracts and the deliverables. We want to know what benchmarks have been set and what penalties will be enforced if they go over the time or budget,” Nielsen told Fox News in an interview after Tuesday’s hearing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...akers-say.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456