Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Wait till the run-off. The establishment may make this the most expensive Senate race in history. How much can they smear (or set-up) Moore?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No they were separate, Moses got the original 10 on the mount, the rest he got or made up himself later.
    Christ told the woman to go and sin no more because adultery was still a sin.
    Jesus told her to go and sin no more, because the scribes and Pharisees just brought the woman. Jesus was pointing out their hypocrisy. It takes two to tango. Also, Moses didn't make up any of the 10 Commandments they were all given from God.

Exodus 20:1 - 20:26
    1 And God spake all these words, saying,..
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Jesus told her to go and sin no more, because the scribes and Pharisees just brought the woman. Jesus was pointing out their hypocrisy. It takes two to tango. Also, Moses didn't make up any of the 10 Commandments they were all given from God.

Exodus 20:1 - 20:26
    1 And God spake all these words, saying,..
    You misread my post, the 10 came from GOD, but Josephus tells us that Moses added the rest of the law a little bit at a time later, some of it also came from GOD but Christ himself repudiated Moses allowing divorce, much of the rest of the law is also clearly not divine and was Moses opinion.
    Moses was not exactly perfect he defied GOD on several occasions and was barred from entering the promised land.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wait till the run-off. The establishment may make this the most expensive Senate race in history. How much can they smear (or set-up) Moore?
    It will take a lot. There are 67 counties in Alabama. One county hasn't come in yet. Brooks won 2. Strange won 5. Moore won the rest. If everyone who voted Moore shows back up for him he wins. Luther will need high turnout from the dense urban counties or else Moore swamps him.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You misread my post, the 10 came from GOD, but Josephus tells us that Moses added the rest of the law a little bit at a time later, some of it also came from GOD but Christ himself repudiated Moses allowing divorce, much of the rest of the law is also clearly not divine and was Moses opinion.
    Moses was not exactly perfect he defied GOD on several occasions and was barred from entering the promised land.

God is a divorcee.

Jeremiah 3:8
    And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

God is a divorcee.

Jeremiah 3:8
    And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
    Metaphor, GOD speaks to people in their own terms so they will understand.

Mark
    Chapter 10

1 And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.
    2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
    3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
    4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
    5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
    6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
    7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
    8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
    9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
    11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
    12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Metaphor, GOD speaks to people in their own terms so they will understand.

Mark
    Chapter 10

1 And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.
    2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
    3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
    4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
    5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
    6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
    7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
    8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
    9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
    11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
    12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
    Yes but it is a forgivable sin since Jesus died for our sins.

Yes but it is a forgivable sin since Jesus died for our sins.
    I never said it wasn't.
    If you look at how this discussion started you will see that my point was that Christians are not bound by the harsh "Law of Moses" the my opponent tried to stick us with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let's try and stay on topic guys.

Is this Moore guy a liberty politician? I don't know much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post

He is much better than Strange.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post

TradCon mostly. Sorry about the wall o text, format fail.

https://www.roymoore.org/Positions/

Judge Roy Moore's Position on National Issues, 2017
    Economy
    Lower taxes, smaller government, and less spending will reduce the deficit and enable economic growth and a truly "stimulated" economy.
    I believe in the reduction of taxes at all levels, and a need to reform the tax system by studying and implementing a "flat tax" or a "fair tax," which is a tax on goods and services purchased instead of a tax on income.
    To paraphrase an old saying, the only two things in life that are certain are death and taxes, but the truth is we are being taxed to death while our businesses are failing and our economy continues to suffer.
    We must return American manufacturing to our Country by rescinding unfair "free trade" agreements which have severely damaged our economy through loss of jobs and skill development. The phrase "Made in America" should mean something again.
    We should cut the deficit and balance the budget using accurate data unlike budget projections used by past administrations.
    Constitution
    As a former Judge and Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, I know that the Constitution of the United States is the Supreme Law of the Land and all officials, state and federal, Legislative, Executive, and Judicial are bound thereby. All actions of state and federal officials must conform to the Constitution which should only be changed by amendments of the people, not decisions of activist judges. I support impeachment of judges and justices who knowingly and intentionally violate that principle.
    Separation of Powers, Checks and Balances, States' Rights, and our Bill of Rights are integral parts of the Constitution which we must observe.
    Immigration
    We must stop the flow of illegal aliens across both our northern and southern borders. Open borders are a threat to our national security and to our economy.
    We must allow willing states (like Arizona) to protect the health, safety, and welfare of their citizens, and use our own military to protect our border. If a wall is our only option, then we should build it immediately.
    Health Care
    We do not need socialized medicine which will ultimately lead to loss of quality and affordability of heath care, as well as a loss of access to the latest medical technology. Obamacare should be completely repealed as soon as possible.
    Businesses should receive tax credits for employee health care coverage, and health insurance should be available between the states for competition and quality care.
    Churches and charitable organizations should be encouraged to help the needy and poor.
    Military
    As a former military officer, Vietnam veteran, and graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, I believe in a strong military defense, and I will be a vocal advocate for the men and women who now serve in the Armed Forces.
    More funding should be available to develop a missile defense system and to provide our Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, and Coast Guard with the most modern technology including weapon systems.
    Homosexuality should be against military policy as was the law prior to Bill Clinton.
    We should not be entangled in foreign wars merely at the whim and caprice of a President.
    Energy
    To gain independence from foreign oil, we need to foster development of our own natural resources involving nuclear, solar, wind, and fossil fuels. Coal mining and oil drilling should be encouraged, subject only to reasonable regulations.
    Education
    The federal government should not hamper the educational systems of the states as there is no authority for federal involvement under the Constitution.
    Programs like "Common Core" should be eliminated, and the development of educational programs returned to the people under state authority.
    Competition between the states and freedom of various educational structures should be available to parents who are charged with the responsibility to teach their children.
    Charter schools, vouchers, tax credits, home schooling, Christian schools, and technical training should be encouraged.
    Foreign Affairs
    America should serve as a good example to other nations.
    We must treat sovereign nations as we would want to be treated and stand with allies to protect and preserve our national security.
    Respect for our strength is the best defense. "Walk softly and carry a big stick" is and should be our guide.
    We should not be subject to UN control and direction and should not rely on, or support, UN treaties like LOST (Law of the Sea Treaty) and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Such treaties only undermine our sovereignty as a nation, as does the very presence of the United Nations on our soil.
    We must maintain a strong nuclear defense and not rely on nuclear reduction treaties which leave us vulnerable to foreign powers.
    Family
    As a husband, father, and grandfather, I know the importance of the future we leave to our posterity.
    A strong family based on marriage between one man and one woman is and should remain our only guide and model. I oppose abortion, same-sex marriage, civil unions, and all other threats to the traditional family order.
    Federal funding for Planned Parenthood or any form of abortion should be stopped.
    We must remain a moral and virtuous people, "One Nation under God." I support freedom of worship and the recognition of that God upon Whom we have always relied in peace and war.

And a "law and order" republican.

Lol tell me this atheist progressive actually voted Roy Moore because Trump. That would be too good. https://twitter.com/BishopSavan/stat...14888076247040
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol tell me this atheist progressive actually voted Roy Moore because Trump. That would be too good. https://twitter.com/BishopSavan/stat...14888076247040
    Maybe that is why Dump did it, his REAL base wasn't going to be fooled into voting for Strange and his enemies would vote against him, plus he gets bonus points from the establishment wing for the endorsement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll tell you one thing, he's not afraid to stand up to the establishment, and he doesn't back down like Trump has.

Moore came in first in the primary and will face Strange in a September runoff. He's apparently the favorite to win.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/o...e.html?mcubz=0

If he gets to the Senate he'll likely have a stroke the first time a Muslim or Hindu gives the invocation as Guest Chaplain.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Luther Strange in Deep Trouble After Roy Moore Broke His ‘Ceiling’

Judge Roy Moore and incumbent Republican Sen. Luther Strange will advance to the runoff on September 26 for the U.S. Senate in Alabama. With nearly all of the precincts reporting, Judge Moore received 38.9% of the vote, or 162,570 total votes, while Sen. Strange earned 32.8%, or 136,910 total votes.

Let’s get right to the point.

Judge Moore broke his so-called ceiling and Sen. Strange is in big trouble. With President Donald Trump’s endorsement, the power of the incumbency and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kty., the appointed senator couldn’t even muster the support of a third of Republican primary voters in Alabama.

Judging by President Trump’s post-primary tweet, he learned Tuesday night what Barack Obama never did learn: Just because voters support you, doesn’t mean they’ll vote for an Establishment candidate they don’t like and don’t trust just because you told them to.

Private polling data conducted by PPD late last week indicated that nearly two-thirds of voters who planned to back Rep. Brooks would vote for Judge Moore against Sen. Strange in the runoff. Given we underestimated Judge Moore by several points, it is entirely possible some of those voters already made that strategic voting decision.

Still, an analysis of the results county-by-county, giving Judge Moore roughly half of the support that backed Rep. Brooks, finds there are 24 additional counties in which Judge Moore could carry the majority in the two-way matchup, including several larger counties.

Let’s take a look at the three-way margins, considering the constant for the margin is Moore to Strange to Brooks.

St. Clair went 44% to 36% to 14%, while Elmore went 48% to 21% to 17%, making both counties within range of a majority for Judge Moore given the statewide polling data. The same is true for Coosa (49% to 32% to 11%) and Cullman (48% to 31% to 15%).

There are also counties in which Judge Moore earned majority support and where he will likely increase that margin in a two-way race. Henry County is one of them, which went 53% to 25% to 13%.

Madison is a big county and a strong base of support for Rep. Brooks. This is one of the big ones to watch. It went for Rep. Brooks by 50% to only 19% for Judge Moore, while 27% backed Sen. Strange. While it may appear that those are vote-rich targets for the judge, we believe Madison County presents an opportunity for Sen. Strange to gain some ground.

Jefferson County, which is the largest and went 27% to 44% to 21%, also is more favorable territory for Sen. Strange.

Tuscaloosa, which went 40% to 36% to 15% for Judge Moore, is another question mark we see leaning toward the frontrunner. Calhoun is another rich target for Judge Moore, who earned 41% to 39% for Sen. Strange. But another 19% who backed Rep. Brooks are demographically more inclined to back the former judge.

continued https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/n...e-his-ceiling/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

A new poll shows former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore with a commanding lead over Luther Strange, the Washington establishment backed candidate, heading into the GOP primary runoff for the Alabama U.S. Senate seat left open this year.

The poll from JMC Analytics provided to Breitbart News ahead of its public release shows Moore with 51 percent, a majority, supporting him, while Strange trails nearly 20 points behind with just 32 percent—and 17 percent are undecided. Moore’s commanding lead comes after he outperformed polls to finish around 39 percent in a multi-way primary this past Tuesday. Strange finished the first round of voting with just under 33 percent, and this poll seems to indicate that Moore is the only candidate gaining more votes while Strange is stuck with a ceiling of what he got on primary day before the runoff.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uther-strange/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lex Luther Strange will not be missed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We'll see how much money McConnell wants to flush into the swamp's septic system.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Second poll shows Moore with big lead in Alabama Senate race

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/347686-poll-moore-up-by-12-points-in-alabama-senate-race

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Roy Moore won’t support Mitch McConnell as Senate majority leader

Former Alabama state Chief Justice Roy Moore tells Conservative Review that should he successfully win his Senate race, he would vote against Senator Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., remaining Senate majority leader.
    https://www.conservativereview.com/a...undefined.uxfs
    "The Patriarch"

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sen. Trip Pittman, the primary candidate who supported Ron Paul for president has now enthusiastically endorsed Judge Roy Moore.http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201..._roy_moor.html
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Mo Brooks, who came in third place with nearly 20%, needs to endorse Roy Moore ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    Mo Brooks, who came in third place with nearly 20%, needs to endorse Roy Moore ASAP.
    Moore probably already has his voters.

I believe Bannon endorsed Moore recently too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows endorsed former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore today:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...alabama-242380

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    William has the right to support any statist he wants! Sure he supports the anti-liberty candidate Moore, and that is fine. Just like he had the legal right to support Obama or Clinton. Just because his chosen candidate hates us and liberty doesn't matter. His rights come first!
    Guess Thomas Massie hates us and liberty too.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

“Roy Moore has more political spine than anyone I know," Congressman Massie said. "He has twice chosen to lose his job rather than compromise his principles. He is a man willing to stand up to the out of control courts and help us return to the limited government outlined in our Constitution. I give him my full support and look forward to having him as a stalwart colleague in the Senate.” -
    Thomas Massie
    https://www.roymoore.org/Press-Relea...UDGE-ROY-MOORE
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Still draining that swamp I see.
    "The Patriarch"

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast