Thread: As The Professional Sports World Tanks...

As The Professional Sports World Tanks...

With respect to the relatively recent developments in American professional sports...

It would appear that these various organizations are not yet twigging to the fact that a gross majority of Americans are now officially fed up with the nonsense of the so-called "progressives", or "regressive toddlers" as I like to call them.

I find it fascinating that BASEBALL and FOOTBALL of all things would go communist-stupid. "American as baseball and apple pie" didn't become a standard expression because the teams and the overarching organization were proud communists, crapping on the nation that made their very existence possible. The same may be said for the NFL.

That basketball took up such a stance is not surprising in the least, other than the rank and vast stupidity that it took to actually put "black lives matter" on their jerseys.

But I suppose this is the predictable result of having been the darlings of so many millions of Americans for so many decades. They actually came to the oh-so-mistaken conclusion that they were important - that their opinions beyond their respective games actually mattered.

People are bitching about this covid deal, but I take a different view in terms of the apparently unforeseen consequences of the perpetration. Being now highly stressed on fronts that actually matter, Americans have come to realize that sports don't, most especially those of the professional sort. Neither those nor Hollywood.

As the scions of the "left" double down time and again on the various idiocies to which they cleave like sailors adrift in typhoons to any wretched piece of available flotsam, the rest of us are looking at them for the brazenly proud idiots that they are, shaking our heads and turning our backs. This is a VERY good thing and it is my heartfelt hope that we never look back.

It will be my joy to see all professional sports organizations and Hollywood go toe-up, freeing the world from the stench and filth they bring to the table.
    Last edited by osan; 10-21-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been enjoying some college football . Notre Dame 4 - 0 , Army 5 - 1 ,Ok St 3 - 0 , Coastal Carolina 4 - 0 , BYU 5 - 0 , SMU 5 - 0 , Marshall 4 - 0 and my Hoosiers have zero losses.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I've been enjoying some college football . Notre Dame 4 - 0 , Army 5 - 1 ,Ok St 3 - 0 , Coastal Carolina 4 - 0 , BYU 5 - 0 , SMU 5 - 0 , Marshall 4 - 0 and my Hoosiers have zero losses.
    I regard college sports as a very different proposition from the professional.

I find it most interesting, if a mite perplexing, to note how it was the professional sports that chose to flirt so intimately with suicide and not the college varieties... at least so far as I am able to tell. Given what passes for sanity on the vast majority of college campuses today, one would think that if the diseases of left-thinking were to ooze their ways into sports, that it would have started in our most esteemed institutions of higher propaganda. That the pros decided to bend over for the Stupid prior to the colleges surprises me, and very little manages to do so these days.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    It will be my joy to see all professional sports organizations and Hollywood go toe-up, freeing the world from the stench and filth they bring to the table.
    Can't happen soon enough AFAIC
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said recently that all the social justice messaging and jerseys will be removed when the season starts up again. The damage has already been done. They outed themselves as communists and have now become a dumpster fire. Not to mention you had NBA players talking about how oppressed they are when they are making millions of dollars.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I stopped watching Crossfit after seeing what happened to Greg Glassman and how they pounced on him after making some relatively mundane, but non-woke statements. Wokeness is like AIDS for western civilization. Incurable, it just needs to stop spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said recently that all the social justice messaging and jerseys will be removed when the season starts up again. The damage has already been done.
    That remains to be seen. Never underestimate the power of the Stupid.

They outed themselves as communists and have now become a dumpster fire.
    At the moment, yes. Refer back to my previous reference to the Stupid. I put absolutely nothing beyond the Meaner. Consider that Amazon sells a book glorifying child rape. Then consider that they have not been put out of business and the members of their board of directors put to death at the hands of an angry mob. Thirty years ago, the thought that such a thing would be tolerated remained marginally in question. Today, well... here we are.

But here's to you proving right and me the village idiot.

Not to mention you had NBA players talking about how oppressed they are when they are making millions of dollars.
    Yeah, and people are still watching.

Hell, there's a brand new thread right here about the Cowboys. It's not even sinking in HERE. Imagine what's happening in Brooklyn and Pittsburgh, FTW.