Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Elwar buys a cruise ship!

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Can I buy a cabin with Bitcoin or other currency?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

They can flag the ship under a "Flag of Convenience" thereby registered in Panama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_convenience

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

hiring?

for resume' see the ron paul forums 2008- present
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    hiring?

for resume' see the ron paul forums 2008- present
    I have the documents to be any part of the marine crew.

But it'll be foreign flagged so no US crew.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

U.S. citizens can't crew a non-U.S. flagged ship? Did not know that.

renounce?

Let's hope they can offer a citizenship? If they have to provide one?

Wish I could buy a cruise ship.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can grow the herb
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    You can buy a nice condo on this crews ship.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You can buy a nice condo on this crews ship.
    Can we do so in Bitcoin or other crypto?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Can we do so in Bitcoin or other crypto?
    Yes

Yes
    Sweet! Thxs.

@Swordsmyth is probably thinking to himself, Chad is a commie and should return to the U.S. to “vote” Trump in the November elections.

Way to go Chad, best of luck!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I wish I could buy a decommisioned navy destroyer and have it buried up to the waterline in the field behind my house.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @Swordsmyth is probably thinking to himself, Chad is a commie and should return to the U.S. to “vote” Trump in the November elections.

Way to go Chad, best of luck!
    Don't put words in my mouth it isn't sanitary.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Which stupid law is that and can we get Rand/Trump to get rid of it for you?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So a person pays $50,000 for a high end cabin and 25k for the least expensive. Then they have an undisclosed monthly fee based on supposed cost of operating. Then they have to purchase all meals from someone because there is no cooking in the rooms. I wish him well. If I had a bankroll that would afford me to eat out each meal and pay 50k for a cabin room plus monthly fees that could be who knows, I would probably opt to find a piece of rural land with a small house in a tax friendly state. I would imagine the expenses of living on that ship will get hefty. Having people do your laundry, getting to shore, getting around when you are on shore...What happens if the ship owner goes bankrupt or the ship turns into a slum? There are lots of variables and it seems like a real gamble. If I had lots of money I would do something nicer. Good luck to him and all others. I urge investors to exercise caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wish I could buy a decommisioned navy destroyer and have it buried up to the waterline in the field behind my house.
    That would be awesome! I thought about buying an old destroyer from Chile if I ever won the Billion Dollar Lottery. They actually had some for sale.

That would be awesome! I thought about buying an old destroyer from Chile if I ever won the Billion Dollar Lottery. They actually had some for sale.
    I can't imagine how something like that could be transported to where I live and planted out in the field. It would cost more than the ship did to do so.

I can imagine I would make enough money, giving tours of the ship, to maintain it.

I can't imagine how something like that could be transported to where I live and planted out in the field. It would cost more than the ship did to do so.

I can imagine I would make enough money, giving tours of the ship, to maintain it.
    Air crane? one piece at a time.

Air crane? one piece at a time.
    At around 740 tons it would probably have to be moved a little at a time. Might be better to buy some land near lake Michigan and drag it out of the lake. lol

Put out a challenge to Ford, GM, and Ram, maybe even get those Budweiser Ponies.

At around 740 tons it would probably have to be moved a little at a time. Might be better to buy some land near lake Michigan and drag it out of the lake. lol
    Or wait! I got it! Build a canal to the spot, float it there and slowly drain it and fill with dirt.

Then again, the Vikings were so kick ass they moved their ships overland.

Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 10-10-2020 at 09:37 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    U.S. citizens can't crew a non-U.S. flagged ship? Did not know that.
    You can, with a cross over Vanuatu document, hell you could on a US document as long as there was no flag state restrictions.

We cost too much.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Which stupid law is that and can we get Rand/Trump to get rid of it for you?
    Some are flag state laws, but the FoC nations generally have no restrictions.

As long as you are STCW 95 (Standard for Training and Certification of Watchstanders Amended 1995) certified you can serve.

Like I noted, we cost too much.

But that is not the reason I remain skeptical of these "seasteading" plans...the sea is one of the most heavily regulated and monitored and controlled areas of the planet. It is the last place I would set up a stationary vessel or platform to try and gain freedom.

Samuel Johnson once wrote, "Going to sea is like going to prison, with the added chance of being drowned."

He turned out to be more right than he imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    So a person pays $50,000 for a high end cabin and 25k for the least expensive. Then they have an undisclosed monthly fee based on supposed cost of operating. Then they have to purchase all meals from someone because there is no cooking in the rooms. I wish him well. If I had a bankroll that would afford me to eat out each meal and pay 50k for a cabin room plus monthly fees that could be who knows, I would probably opt to find a piece of rural land with a small house in a tax friendly state. I would imagine the expenses of living on that ship will get hefty. Having people do your laundry, getting to shore, getting around when you are on shore...What happens if the ship owner goes bankrupt or the ship turns into a slum? There are lots of variables and it seems like a real gamble. If I had lots of money I would do something nicer. Good luck to him and all others. I urge investors to exercise caution.
    It is a little bit of a gamble it seems, but I think they could probably work something out where they have professional grade kitchen space that people can share and maintain. Owners will also receive a 20% discount on food purchases, as there will also be vacation rentals. They will no doubt have a laundry mat.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-10-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Some are flag state laws, but the FoC nations generally have no restrictions.

As long as you are STCW 95 (Standard for Training and Certification of Watchstanders Amended 1995) certified you can serve.

Like I noted, we cost too much.

But that is not the reason I remain skeptical of these "seasteading" plans...the sea is one of the most heavily regulated and monitored and controlled areas of the planet. It is the last place I would set up a stationary vessel or platform to try and gain freedom.

Samuel Johnson once wrote, "Going to sea is like going to prison, with the added chance of being drowned."

He turned out to be more right than he imagined.
    Can you grow herb?

It is a little bit of a gamble it seems, but I think they could probably work something out where they have professional grade kitchen space that people can share and maintain. Owners will also receive a 20% discount on food purchases, as there will also be vacation rentals. They will no doubt have a laundry mat.
    20% Discount on food might not be such a great deal especially if you tip 20%. A person can go one place and get a double cheeseburger with fries for $8 another place might be $18. What about maintenance of the hull of the ship? I don't think they are meant to sit the water forever. I think they need to come out, have paint removed, and repainted. I would bet that is very expensive and would think that sitting still in the water over time will cause some serious maintenance concerns overtime. What is the benefit for the cabin buyer to purchase a cabin on a permanently anchored vessel rather than somewhere on land?

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    20% Discount on food might not be such a great deal especially if you tip 20%. A person can go one place and get a double cheeseburger with fries for $8 another place might be $18. What about maintenance of the hull of the ship? I don't think they are meant to sit the water forever. I think they need to come out, have paint removed, and repainted. I would bet that is very expensive and would think that sitting still in the water over time will cause some serious maintenance concerns overtime. What is the benefit for the cabin buyer to purchase a cabin on a permanently anchored vessel rather than somewhere on land?
    I dunno, but what I do know is that pre-covid cruises were so damn cheap, there were some people who just opted to go on cruises all year as opposed to renting or buying a house and buying their own food. Cruises have all you can eat buffets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast