Thread: Why BOOMERS Hate POP Music

Why BOOMERS Hate POP Music

Tl;dr version: No heart, no humanity, no creativity.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Lol.. he said none of those things. He likes pop music and appreciates it, he was trying to explain why boomers don't like it. I'm not a fan of pop music, I am a huge fan of EDM. EDM is way more rhythmically complex and dynamically complex than anything else and has plenty of variations of all types of sounds, melodies, etc.. The extent of what you can produce with EDM is limitless.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My dad is definitely not a fan of pop music. He also complains that most mainstream music you hear nowadays sounds the same.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I have no shame in admitting that I would much rather hear Taylor Swift or Katy Perry that almost anything made before 1980. Bob Dylan sounds like a mush mouthed retired boxer.

He doesn't like perfect beat or pitch? Lol, I guess he’d love to hear me play drums...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rick Beato is awesome.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All this machinery, making modern modern music, can it still be open hearted?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I miss the days when four guys would get together, write a bunch of songs, actually play their own instruments. Sometimes magic would happened and it changed the world. None of this prefabricated cookie cutter copy and paste bull$#@! mostly written by the same 2 guys they call music nowadays.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sidechaining rocks the soul

I miss the days when four guys would get together, write a bunch of songs, actually play their own instruments. Sometimes magic would happened and it changed the world. None of this prefabricated cookie cutter copy and paste bull$#@! mostly written by the same 2 guys they call music nowadays.
    Rick addresses exactly that in this video, among many others he's made.

Even the kids say today's music sucks.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-21-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have no shame in admitting that I would much rather hear Taylor Swift or Katy Perry that almost anything made before 1980. Bob Dylan sounds like a mush mouthed retired boxer.
    Hmm ya, I love Bob Dylan, I love Hendrix, Velvet Underground, plenty of 60s and 70s music, early punk, post punk, indie, grunge, metal, hip hop. Not much that I don't like, not a huge fan of country though. Blue grass is fun from time to time. But EDM really kicks everything else's ass.

Beato is awesome, was listening to a bunch of his videos a little while back.

And some of those guys, like Beato for instance, not only had the heart and soul but also the training and brains, many times years and years of practice and education spent at honing their craft.

For instance, Dexter Holland of Offspring.

Or Brian May of Queen.

Geniuses of both arts and science.