Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Buys Lunch

Trump Buys Lunch

Says it is because much of the White House staff is on furlough. Went all out. Burger King. Wendy's. Dominos and McDonald's. But it was still classy- silver platters and a candelabra. So nice of him to think of others while 800,000 weren't paid this week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...d-paid-n958661

Trump welcomes Clemson Tigers to the White House with 'American fast food paid for by me'

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump welcomed the NCAA national champion Clemson Tigers football team to the White House Monday with a shutdown smorgasbord of fast food offerings he called "great American food," including piles of pizza and fries and more than 300 burgers.

“Because of the shutdown, as you know, we have the great Clemson team with us, so we went out and ordered American fast food paid for by me,” the president said in the East Room, standing behind a table loaded with offerings from McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King and Dominos served on silver platters, behind a gilded candelabra.

The president's decision to spring for the event came because much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed during the shutdown, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement before the event began.
    https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...e-food-1290395

Clemson Tigers football team because he figured it is their favorite food.

"I believe—I don't know if the weather changes things—but the Clemson championship team, the national championship team, will be coming tonight," Trump said to reporters outside the White House, which was draped with snow after the area was hit by a strong winter storm that dropped eight to 10 inches of snow on D.C. "It will be exciting. Very great team. They'll be coming tonight. I think we're going to serve McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King, with some pizza. I really mean it. It would be interesting. I would think that's their favorite food. So we'll see what happens. But they're coming tonight, the national champions, subject to the weather."

It's not clear if the Clemson football team loves fast food. (Although the team does have an in-house nutritionist, who isunlikely to be in love with Monday's menu.)

But one thing is for sure: Trump certainly does love fast food.

The president is a notoriously picky (and unhealthy) eater, and has long expressed his love for fast food such as McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken (as well as well-done, expensive steaks drenched with ketchup).

On the campaign trail, for instance, Trump touted his favorite McDonald's menu items, even if he seemed to get the name of the Filet-O-Fish wrong.

"A ‘fish delight,’ sometimes, right?"
    Trump said to CNN anchor Anderson Cooper during a town hall in February 2016. "The Big Macs are great. The Quarter Pounder. It’s great stuff."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-14-2019 at 09:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think zippy is mad about missing a paycheck.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

I think zippy is mad about missing a paycheck.
    He may be still getting paid. Is he essential or non-essential to the deep state?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    He may be still getting paid. Is he essential or non-essential to the deep state?
    A good question but I think he must have missed a paycheck, he seems rather surly lately.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A good question but I think he must have missed a paycheck, he seems rather surly lately.
    Surly you jest.

Question Very Stable Genius diet revealed

Burger King. Wendy's. Dominos and McDonald's
    Nothing but the best for the Donald's super brain. No wonder he's a very stable genius.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Nothing but the best for the Donald's super brain. No wonder he's a very stable genius.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is a a great boss. Zippy is a fraud.

This will play very well toward his working-class fans and the bourgeois naysayers will just end up looking like snobby $#@!s.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Says it is because much of the White House staff is on furlough. Went all out. Burger King. Wendy's. Dominos and McDonald's. But it was still classy- silver platters and a candelabra. So nice of him to think of others while 800,000 weren't paid this week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...d-paid-n958661

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...e-food-1290395
    You included?
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Dude buys lunch for a crap-ton of men and women... catches grief for it.

You do know that complaining about this kind of thing makes you look like a liberal fruit-cake, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Dude buys lunch for a crap-ton of men and women... catches grief for it.

You do know that complaining about this kind of thing makes you look like a liberal fruit-cake, right?
    If it flies, walks and quacks like a duck...........

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

800,000 weren't paid this week.
    Those poor things.

Just remember Zip, he paid for it not the taxpayers.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's really the key point in this discussion. Funny how entitled $#@!s always think someone else should be footing the bill for them. And when they get fed by someone else, they complain about the quality.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    And Trump still has not taken a government paycheck.

Which is more than you can say for your run of the mill "People's Heroes" like Bernie, or Red Bill or Doomberg or Moonbeam Brown.

So nice of him to think of others while 800,000 weren't paid this week.
    So, almost a million tax ticks have not gotten paid...this is bad why?

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    bon appetit

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The Best Memes About President Trump’s Burger Buffet

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...burger-buffet/
    "The Patriarch"

Only in 'Murica

lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Zippy, this is just ridiculous. Do you know how many rules there a about who and how a President can entertain at the White House?

What I respect is that Clemson quietly and respectfully accepted the invitation and showed up without drama.

And in a related story Reggie Bush is the last one to comment on anything. Dude, you had to give back your Heisman trophy because you cheated.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I also want to point out that Clemson players have been on a very strict diet and training regimen this year. I have a feeling some of those guys have not had pizza or a burger in months. They didn’t act like they weren’t happy to have it at the White House. With the President. And their championship.
    #NashvilleStrong

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And I would like to point out that the President un-invited the Super Bowl winning Philadelphia Eagles because of their childish behavior. Guess they won’t have a chance this year, now, will they?
    #NashvilleStrong

Ya just gotta know, times are tough when they have to use candles to see what they are eating.

This is good step , it shows MAGA is more frugal compared to GOP-Jarvanka leaders and right leader to control spending as national debt is reaching $22Trillion. He's probably a real maga billionaire despite media theories to the contrary.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner spent a weekend at a luxury hotel in the Dominican Republic — and it cost taxpayers $58,000
    https://www.businessinsider.com/a-lo...public-2018-12

That said, this news could spur memes.

MAGA Frugal With His Own Money

Trump welcomes Clemson Tigers to the White House with 'American fast food paid for by me'

MAGA Big Spender With Taxpayers Money

US national debt rises $2 trillion under Trump
    January 4, 2019

Donald Trump and Paul Ryan adopt Chuck Schumer’s spending bill proposals!

Trumpflation: 300 hamburgers became 1000 hamberders.

I wouldn't eat any of that food. I don't eat fast food.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trumpflation: 300 hamburgers became 1000 hamberders.

OMG. Thanks for pointing this out Zippy. Because of that misspelling I will vote for Alexandra Ocasio Cortez in 2020.
    Last edited by RJB; 01-16-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast