Page 1756 of 2375 FirstFirst ... 7561256165617061746175417551756175717581766180618562256 ... LastLast
Results 52,651 to 52,680 of 71238

Thread: Bestest picture thread evaar! (The trilogy)

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This is literally the best thing I've seen on Twitter all day. It was an AMAZING own.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    This is literally the best thing I've seen on Twitter all day. It was an AMAZING own.
    It's hard to tell if both of them aren't just trolling. "Even with a PhD and JD, I still don't always get it right" lol
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's hard to tell if both of them aren't just trolling. "Even with a PhD and JD, I still don't always get it right" lol
    Zuby was DEFINITELY trolling, and it was fantastic. I feel like the PhD/JD guy could have added a tastier element of snark to his comment if he was trolling tho.

Zuby was DEFINITELY trolling, and it was fantastic. I feel like the PhD/JD guy could have added a tastier element of snark to his comment if he was trolling tho.
    It just highlights the insanity of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber... because Zuby Music is black, Mr. I-have-a-PhD-and-JD literally cannot say one word to him that could be taken as "white privilege"... but he 100% knows he's getting trolled. So he's forced to choke out the politically-correct response despite 100% knowing he's getting trolled. It's pure gold. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It just highlights the insanity of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber... because Zuby Music is black, Mr. I-have-a-PhD-and-JD literally cannot say one word to him that could be taken as "white privilege"... but he 100% knows he's getting trolled. So he's forced to choke out the politically-correct response despite 100% knowing he's getting trolled. It's pure gold. You couldn't make this stuff up.
    The other guy is trolling, too. He's mocking the rhetorical affectations of his targets by imitating them.

Here's his entire thread (the first tweet is the one Zuby replied to):

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/s...78137089929218

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The other guy is trolling, too. He's mocking the rhetorical affectations of his targets by imitating them.
    I get it, but the point is that Mr. I-have-a-PhD-and-JD was forced to formally pander to ZubyMusic's trolling -- even if he was subtly attempting to troll back -- because, according to the insane logic of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber, what he said in response to ZubyMusic could have IRL ramifications for him, including losing his job. This is the bed they've made. If Musk follows through on permitting genuine free speech on Twitter, then they're going to be forced to sleep in it. The whole point of Woke/SJW insanity is to control people's public speech through the implicit threat of IRL consequences for stepping out of line. Now they get to reap the whirlwind, and that's precisely why the worst offenders are rage-quitting Twitter in droves... they know they are about to be buried alive under a mountain of their own hateful/mocking/trolling Tweets.

I get it, but the point is that Mr. I-have-a-PhD-and-JD was forced to formally pander to ZubyMusic's trolling -- even if he was subtly attempting to troll back -- because, according to the insane logic of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber, what he said in response to ZubyMusic could have IRL ramifications for him, including losing his job. [...]
    He wasn't forced to do anything, and he wasn't pandering to anyone.

He was following Zuby's lead and playing along in mockery of the people who do that sort of thing.

Does the following sound like someone who panders to the "insane logic of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber" because he is worried about the "IRL ramifications for him, including losing his job"?

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/s...34003165548544
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-26-2022 at 12:54 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My interpretation is different -- Mr I-have-a-PhD-and-JD probably works at a university or some other job like that and, if ZubyMusic were to suddenly decide to get serious about really being a black woman, Mr I-have-a-PhD-and-JD could get fired or even sued... over a Twitter thread. Crap like this goes on all the time and it's the very tool that the Woke/SJWs are using to enforce their unilateral Political Correctness gag-order on all of us. One reason that many of us are here on RPF is that it is basically impossible to express opinions on platforms like Twitter or Facebook that deviate from Woke/SJWism without risking real repercussions to your IRL job, etc.

Does the following sound like someone who panders to the "insane logic of the Woke/SJW echo-chamber" because he is worried about the "IRL ramifications for him, including losing his job"?
    To be blunt, I don't think you are understanding what I'm explaining

Calvin Coolidge

My interpretation is different -- Mr I-have-a-PhD-and-JD probably works at a university or some other job like that and, if ZubyMusic were to suddenly decide to get serious about really being a black woman, Mr I-have-a-PhD-and-JD could get fired or even sued... over a Twitter thread. Crap like this goes on all the time and it's the very tool that the Woke/SJWs are using to enforce their unilateral Political Correctness gag-order on all of us. One reason that many of us are here on RPF is that it is basically impossible to express opinions on platforms like Twitter or Facebook that deviate from Woke/SJWism without risking real repercussions to your IRL job, etc.

To be blunt, I don't think you are understanding what I'm explaining
    I understand what you are saying. I am saying that your interpretation is simply wrong. You are looking for (and therefore finding) something that just is not there. His reply to Zuby was not made in fear, but in mocking imitation of the kind of the reply the fearful would make. A cursory review of the tweets in his profile amply demonstrates this. Someone who would pander to the woke mob out of fear of being cancelled would not say the things he does. The tweet I posted is ample evidence of this. One who fears the outrage of the woke would not speak of "IQ" and "money" as being "objective measures of success" (in fact, such a one would not speak of "objective measures" of anything, objectivity being anathema to that crowd).

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

That's some crack journalism!
    https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/s...86569948340226

I understand what you are saying. I am saying that your interpretation is simply wrong. You are looking for (and therefore finding) something that just is not there. His reply to Zuby was not made in fear, but in mocking imitation of the kind of the reply the fearful would make. A cursory review of the tweets in his profile amply demonstrates this. Someone who would pander to the woke mob out of fear of being cancelled would not say the things he does. The tweet I posted is ample evidence of this. One who fears the outrage of the woke would not speak of "IQ" and "money" as being "objective measures of success" (in fact, such a one would not speak of "objective measures" of anything, objectivity being anathema to that crowd).
    OK, I looked up his profile and affiliation with CSPI which is one of those beltway-style think-tanks that I find completely useless, at best. I get what you're saying, but he's not my cup of tea.

OK, I looked up his profile and affiliation with CSPI which is one of those beltway-style think-tanks that I find completely useless, at best. I get what you're saying, but he's not my cup of tea.
    He's may not be mine, either (I am not familiar enough with his work to say) - but he isn't "woke" and does not seem apt to pander to them except in japery. For example, here's a CSPI podcast episode he hosted: Towards an Anti-Woke Political Program

That certainly isn't a subject intended to ingratiate him with SJWs.

Pic tax:

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    "It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

He was following Zuby's lead and playing along in mockery of the people who do that sort of thing.

I honestly thought Hanania was being serious.

LOL...It's almost impossible to tell anymore as we fall deeper and deeper into the Clown Black Hole.

Comedy is dead, satire is straight news and straight news is Clownish Comedy.

The bull$#@!'s piling up so fast you need wings to stay above it.

Picture tariff:

Annnnnd nuke it from space.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I honestly thought Hanania was being serious.

LOL...It's almost impossible to tell anymore as we fall deeper and deeper into the Clown Black Hole.

Comedy is dead, satire is straight news and straight news is Clownish Comedy.
    A lot of people fell for it. And that's not at all surprising.

Nowadays, just to be noticed as such, satire has to be so egregious that it essentially reduces to extreme caricature.

And sometimes, even that's not enough ...

Pic tax:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

It's so hard to tell these days what is real life and what is clown world that we can be forgiven lol

A lot of people fell for it. And that's not at all surprising.

Nowadays, just to be noticed as such, satire has to be so egregious that it essentially reduces to extreme caricature.

And sometimes, even that's not enough ...

Pic tax:

It's so hard to tell these days what is real life and what is clown world that we can be forgiven lol
    Orwell said the Ministry of Truth would be there to provide lies. Turns out that when the Ministry of Truth did get created, it was to create satire.

Didn't see that coming, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.