Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Woods Announcement 2022

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    This is so exciting. I bet this announcement is going to be life-changing.

I haven't been able to sleep in weeks, I just stay awake all night imagining how ridiculously awesome this announcement is going to be.

I've gone ahead and taken that entire week off work, just in case this is as big as I think it's gonna be.

Hold on tight gentlemen, this announcement is gonna be epic like never seen before
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Hold on tight gentlemen, this announcement is gonna be epic like never seen before
    Everything is epic with the right soundtrack:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Everything is epic with the right soundtrack:
    Am I the only one who expected to hear Randy Rhoads right after "piece of lovely cake"?

attn: @RJB;
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Uh oh! February 1st is a week from now.

Coincidence? Hmmmm ...

https://twitter.com/ThomasEWoods/sta...09848659685378

(BTW, Tom said this is the episode that YouTube violated him on: Ep. 1898 The COVID Stuff Is Finally Unraveling. It's from almost a year ago - 18 May 2021.)

I still think it'll be one of two things:

A media channel/project
    Launching a university with some other people

Either way, I'm curious and he has my attention. Not as much as he has Texan's though. That guy seems pretty excited, he may be wetting himself down there.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Three and a half hours to go... HOLD!!!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

1 hr... Sustain!!!

H.L. Mencken

Only a few more minutes now. I'm sorry that @TheTexan; didn't live to see this.

H.L. Mencken

from https://www.tomwoodsannouncement.com/

"The Announcement Email Has Been Sent"

should just be another minute or two!

H.L. Mencken

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Only a few more minutes now. I'm sorry that @TheTexan; didn't live to see this.
    I would be dead, but I could not allow myself to die, without knowing what this announcement was. It's the only thing that got me through
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I would be dead, but I made it through. This announcement was the only thing I was holding on to. I could not allow myself to die, without knowing what it was
    Fantastic!! I'm hanging on too!!

H.L. Mencken

from https://www.tomwoodsannouncement.com/

"The Announcement Email Has Been Sent"

should just be another minute or two!
    I was not pure enough to be accepted on to the announcement email list? What does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I was not pure enough to be accepted on to the announcement email list? What does it say?
    I'm not sure, but I'd bet its glorious beyond infinite possibility.
    - Kim Kardashian

Correct answers:

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Maybe he's starting a new type of school or his own university?
    I'm wondering if he's joining up with other people to start a new media platform/channel/news site or something.
    I still think it'll be one of two things:

A media channel/project
    Launching a university with some other people
    Incorrect answers:

Free cash giveaway?
    Yacht party? With free hookers & coke ?
    Perhaps he is announcing that he has built a robot army and ...
    He's probably announcing some conference in Puerto Rico or something.
    It's probably some kind of school. He'll probably name it "tomschooloflife.com" or something like that.
    The Answer:

https://tomschooloflife.com/register/basic/

the announcement itself: https://tomwoods.lpages.co/the-announcement/
    Last edited by cjm; 02-01-2022 at 09:38 AM.

H.L. Mencken

Correct answers:

Incorrect answers:

The Answer:

the announcement itself: https://tomwoods.lpages.co/the-announcement/
    How can a school that proclaims to teach "life", not include hookers & coke ?
    - Kim Kardashian

How can a school that proclaims to teach "life", not include hookers & coke ?
    That might be covered under "isolation" or "social skills"? Or maybe in the "more topics" reference? If not, you can become a founding member and help him work that stuff into the offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Woods
    9 Major Segments of Life—Most Or All of Them Key to Yours

We’re going to cover, for starters:

• Education: Let’s get our kids educated minus the propaganda. We’ll look at alternatives to the traditional system – and that includes college, too, about which we’ll talk pros, cons, and your options.
    • Money management: Here’s a major source of stress. Let’s bash it with a baseball bat.
    • Investing and land purchases: Surely we can’t be expected to buy gold and sit around. What else can we do with our money so we don’t have to look to the future with dread?
    • Entrepreneurship: Not everyone is called to it, but some are. How can we maximize our chances of success? What are some simple paths we can follow? How can we make a living that the lizard people can’t take away from us?
    • Isolation: We can seem weird to a lot of the people we interact with every day. We can feel alien and isolated. How can we find or build communities where what we believe in is reinforced rather than despised, and where our kids can grow and thrive?
    • Taxation: Are there legitimate and above-board ways to lower your tax burden
    • Health care: How to navigate the crazy American system to get decent care without breaking the bank.
    • Social skills: Are you terrified in a room full of strangers? Can you strike up a conversation without awkwardness? Let’s get you confident and skilled.
    • Where to live: I have contacts around the country. We’ll talk relocation – and how to do it on a budget.

I have plenty more topics in mind, too.

And with each one, you’ll become happier, less anxious, more satisfied, and closer to your personal goals.

I’m going to devote time and resources to this. And I will pay each of the special guests I invite to teach us well, so they will bring us their best.

So fair warning: it’ll be on the expensive side. But to put it mildly, it will be worth every penny and then some.

Eventually I will offer it at $997 per year.

But I’m starting it out for the first six months with a beta test group of founding members. You’ll pay only $297 for those six months.

I’m giving my founders – my pioneers – a discount because I need your feedback, suggestions, and testimonials.

H.L. Mencken

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tom Woods acknowledges the lizard people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Seems like more kind-of-sleazy marketing stuff from Tom. If you subscribe today, you get 50% off in perpetuity. It's unclear to me what he's going to offer but I would imagine his home schooling program will be the education thing.

For money management, I wonder if he'll push that Bitcoin IRA that he's talked about in the past.

For entrepreneurship, I'm guessing he'll push that (sleazy) marketing stuff he's been pushing for a while now.

We’re going to cover, for starters:

• Education: Let’s get our kids educated minus the propaganda. We’ll look at alternatives to the traditional system – and that includes college, too, about which we’ll talk pros, cons, and your options.
    • Money management: Here’s a major source of stress. Let’s bash it with a baseball bat.
    • Investing and land purchases: Surely we can’t be expected to buy gold and sit around. What else can we do with our money so we don’t have to look to the future with dread?
    • Entrepreneurship: Not everyone is called to it, but some are. How can we maximize our chances of success? What are some simple paths we can follow? How can we make a living that the lizard people can’t take away from us?
    • Isolation: We can seem weird to a lot of the people we interact with every day. We can feel alien and isolated. How can we find or build communities where what we believe in is reinforced rather than despised, and where our kids can grow and thrive?
    • Taxation: Are there legitimate and above-board ways to lower your tax burden
    • Health care: How to navigate the crazy American system to get decent care without breaking the bank.
    • Social skills: Are you terrified in a room full of strangers? Can you strike up a conversation without awkwardness? Let’s get you confident and skilled.
    • Where to live: I have contacts around the country. We’ll talk relocation – and how to do it on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    ...I would imagine his home schooling program will be the education thing...

...For money management, I wonder if he'll push that Bitcoin IRA...

...For entrepreneurship, I'm guessing he'll push that (sleazy) marketing stuff...
    I'll let you know. My first reaction this morning was not super positive. I was curious, but $300? Not sure I want to cough up $50/month just to satisfy a curiosity, especially since I've been doing my own research and think I have a handle on most of the topics he lists. So it's $300 to be told what I already know (or 80% of what I already know)? That being said, I freely admit I'm no expert in any of those topics and can probably pick up a thing or two from his "school." Would the marginal gain be worth the $300? Tough to say, but one of the items he lists is this:

Investing and land purchases: Surely we can’t be expected to buy gold and sit around. What else can we do with our money so we don’t have to look to the future with dread?
    I'm not sure why he specifically listed land but I've mentioned on other threads that I've been shopping (off and on) for a patch of mountain forest and this caught my eye. My thought here is this: if I can learn something from his school that saves me $1-5k on the purchase of a $40k piece of land, then it's well worth it. If I can't, the downside is that the $40k piece of land is now $40,297 -- and there's always the possibility that I gain some advantage that I'm not expecting. We'll see. Regardless, I still have that curiosity and I'll let you know.

H.L. Mencken

I kicked the idea around for about an hour yesterday.
    I love Tom. I think he's done and is still doing great things for what's left of the Liberty Movement.

I don't think this thing is for me. I think if you're younger and maybe about to start a family it's more for you. I'm sure people from all walks of life can find something beneficial from this, but the whole "YOU ONLY HAVE 12 HOURS BEFORE I CLOSE THE DOORS FOREVER AND START CHARGING $997!" turned me off.

I understand he's an entrepreneur. I understand he's trying to make money for his family. Good for him. But I won't be partaking in this without first hearing from other people how it actually helped them. To be quite honest, I'd put myself a bit above the average American, knowledge speaking, on over half of those subjects. And at least two of them don't even enter consideration for me right now (relocation, as one example).

Good luck to Tom and hopefully it does change people's lives. But, if I didn't spend $297 on it yesterday, I'm probably not going to spend $997 on it 6 months from now.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I'll let you know. My first reaction this morning was not super positive. I was curious, but $300? Not sure I want to cough up $50/month just to satisfy a curiosity, especially since I've been doing my own research and think I have a handle on most of the topics he lists. So it's $300 to be told what I already know (or 80% of what I already know)? That being said, I freely admit I'm no expert in any of those topics and can probably pick up a thing or two from his "school." Would the marginal gain be worth the $300? Tough to say, but one of the items he lists is this:

I'm not sure why he specifically listed land but I've mentioned on other threads that I've been shopping (off and on) for a patch of mountain forest and this caught my eye. My thought here is this: if I can learn something from his school that saves me $1-5k on the purchase of a $40k piece of land, then it's well worth it. If I can't, the downside is that the $40k piece of land is now $40,297 -- and there's always the possibility that I gain some advantage that I'm not expecting. We'll see. Regardless, I still have that curiosity and I'll let you know.
    I really appreciate that. I'd love to hear from an "insider". I've thought about doing some of the marketing things that he pushes but I can't get myself to actually do it because it just doesn't "feel right" to me (it seems sleazy). But I've listened to the Tom Woods show since the very first episode and I generally like his work so I'm kind of torn. Please do let me know what your impressions are of him and the program. It would be very much appreciated!

Seems like more kind-of-sleazy marketing stuff from Tom. If you subscribe today, you get 50% off in perpetuity...
    ... but the whole "YOU ONLY HAVE 12 HOURS BEFORE I CLOSE THE DOORS FOREVER AND START CHARGING $997!" turned me off.
    I totally get where you guys are coming from but I wasn't really put off because I saw it coming. Tom did an episode on this kind of stuff back in April '21 with guest Stu McLaren:

https://tomwoods.com/ep-1872-time-to-build-our-own/

There was an offer to take a free class with Stu and since I'd been kicking around an idea for my own web site (actually, somewhat similar to Tom's), I took the class. I'm still on Stu's Telegram channel. What Tom did with his launch is what Stu recommends. Tom's always been a "I'm not an expert at this so I'll let the experts tell me what to do" kind of guy, so I'm not surprised that Tom followed Stu's recommendations closely. What caught me off guard was the price tag and the duration of the sign up period. If I ever get around to pulling the trigger on my site idea and I choose to follow this launch pattern, I'm going to give at least 24 hours so folks have a chance to sleep on it. More likely 3 days.

I really appreciate that. I'd love to hear from an "insider". I've thought about doing some of the marketing things that he pushes but I can't get myself to actually do it because it just doesn't "feel right" to me (it seems sleazy). But I've listened to the Tom Woods show since the very first episode and I generally like his work so I'm kind of torn. Please do let me know what your impressions are of him and the program. It would be very much appreciated!
    I've also thought about some of the "internet business" things but I've just been too busy with a regular job or two. Part of me was actually ok with losing my job due to a vax mandate so that I'd have the time to take a stab at this stuff. Unfortunately (for the web biz thing) the decision makers in my IT food chain blinked and brought me back on w/out jab or exemption. So my days are pretty full again.

Anyway, check out the podcast episode. It'll shed some light on what Tom did with his launch and why he did it that way.

ETA: If the podcast doesn't shed light, I might have picked up the insights from the Stu class I took. Just reply here if it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by cjm; 02-02-2022 at 04:01 PM.

H.L. Mencken

I totally get where you guys are coming from but I wasn't really put off because I saw it coming. Tom did an episode on this kind of stuff back in April '21 with guest Stu McLaren:

https://tomwoods.com/ep-1872-time-to-build-our-own/

There was an offer to take a free class with Stu and since I'd been kicking around an idea for my own web site (actually, somewhat similar to Tom's), I took the class. I'm still on Stu's Telegram channel. What Tom did with his launch is what Stu recommends. Tom's always been a "I'm not an expert at this so I'll let the experts tell me what to do" kind of guy, so I'm not surprised that Tom followed Stu's recommendations closely. What caught me off guard was the price tag and the duration of the sign up period. If I ever get around to pulling the trigger on my site idea and I choose to follow this launch pattern, I'm going to give at least 24 hours so folks have a chance to sleep on it. More likely 3 days.

I've also thought about some of the "internet business" things but I've just been too busy with a regular job or two. Part of me was actually ok with losing my job due to a vax mandate so that I'd have the time to take a stab at this stuff. Unfortunately (for the web biz thing) the decision makers in my IT food chain blinked and brought me back on w/out jab or exemption. So my days are pretty full again.

Anyway, check out the podcast episode. It'll shed some light on what Tom did with his launch and why he did it that way.

ETA: If the podcast doesn't shed light, I might have picked up the insights from the Stu class I took. Just reply here if it doesn't make sense.
    I'll try to listen to that podcast. I've listened to similar ones of his in the past (about starting internet businesses). I've also listened to probably 3-4 of the sales pitches they give (though never signed up). If you do end up doing something like this, please let me know how that goes.

Wondering if you signed up after all and, if so, how the course has gone.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wondering if you signed up after all and, if so, how the course has gone.
    I did sign up but wasn't "active" past the first thirty days so I canceled it. It's sort of evolved into more of a peer to peer community than a top down school but it's not for me -- I did satisfy my curiosity though.

H.L. Mencken

I did sign up but wasn't "active" past the first thirty days so I canceled it. It's sort of evolved into more of a peer to peer community than a top down school but it's not for me -- I did satisfy my curiosity though.
    Interesting. I'd still like to know more about anything you can tell about it.

Interesting. I'd still like to know more about anything you can tell about it.
    Sure.... think peer-to-peer like RPF. Someone starts a conversation/idea/project and then anyone that is interested can join in. It sounds like (I wasn't on long enough to see this) that Tom jumps in on the higher profile projects and connects folks with "experts" and such. If I were in my 20s and interested in making contacts, it might be worth the cost to me. As for the learning ("School of Life"), the information is all out there. Much of it here at RPF. So where I'd like to connect with RPFers for a beer, I'm not really in the mood to start/join any projects. I'm focused on building my proverbial ark for the upcoming storm and trying to enjoy life as much as I can.

Tom talks about the School of Life in his standard newsletter occasionally. If you subscribe to that you will get updates from time to time and opportunities to view some of the content for free or one-time charge. Here are a few excerpts (don't know if any of the links are still valid):

02 Dec:
    As I mentioned yesterday, I have an Internet privacy expert in my School of Life program, and he's going to do a live session open to the public (my newsletter subscribers specifically, so that means you, dear reader) in which he'll lay out five things you can do to protect your privacy against creepy individuals and institutions, public or private, that you don't have to be a techie to implement.

If you're like me, you've been putting this off for a while. Now's a good time to do it.

All you have to do is register; it costs nothing to attend:

http://www.tomwoods.com/privacy
    29 Nov:
    Also, a quick reminder that I'm holding an event in Orlando -- my Practical Liberty Summit -- in January for all those of you who already have plenty of libertarian theory in your brains, but who'd now like to take action. Everything from how to win in a blue state, how to undo propaganda in people's minds, how to finance real estate without the bank, how to get physically fit without falling into destructive myths, plus plenty of business and marketing advice, and a lot more.

All practical, no theory.

Plus, entertainment from the great Doc Dixon, the magician who sawed me in half at my 2000th episode event and who fooled Penn & Teller on their "Fool Us" television program.

The event is free for my School of Life members, and open for a fee to non-members:

http://www.tomwoods.com/schoolevent

18 Nov:
    Last month my School of Life program got a special presentation on how to insure yourself against price inflation. It was given by the heroic Larry Lepard, who in 2008 spent $200,000 of his own money on newspaper ads in support of Ron Paul.

He is a brilliant guy, and has had an uncanny knack with money for as long as I've known him.

The topic is important to all of us, so I've taken it out from behind the paywall and I'm letting anyone watch it. You don't have to enter an email address or anything. Just click the link below and watch (but also watch the Q&A period after the formal presentation, because there are lots of specifics in there):

http://www.tomwoods.com/againstinflation

As I said above, it's not for me, but I can see where others find value in the project.

HTH.

H.L. Mencken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12