Thread: Trump explains his no-show at Arlington: 'I was extremely busy on calls'

Trump explains his no-show at Arlington: 'I was extremely busy on calls'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-exp...213733281.html

He did not make it to Arlington last year either to honor veterans for Veteran's Day- though he constantly says he supports them. He skipped visiting a US cemetery in France the week before- blaming it on light rain. The next day European leaders walked to the Arc de Triumph for another memorial (again in the rain) but Trump and Putin skipped the walk and drove there.

President Trump admitted Friday he made a mistake by not attending a public event at Arlington National Cemetery to pay tribute to U.S. soldiers this year on Veterans Day.

“I should have done that,” Trump told “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country; we did a lot of calling as you know.”

Wallace had pointed out that President Barack Obama made a point of going to Arlington every year that he was in Washington on Veterans Day, and pressed Trump, who offered other explanations.

“I could have done that. As you know, I just left the day before the American Cemetery, and I probably think, and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine, and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before and I probably, you know, in retrospect I should have and I did last year and I will virtually every year,” Trump said. “But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris, and I really probably assumed that was fine, and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state, and other things.”

In fact, Trump did not attend last year’s ceremony at Arlington, either. Traveling in Asia, Trump sent Vice President Mike Pence in his place. Pence did not attend this year’s observance at Arlington, and left on his own trip to Japan later Sunday night.

The president was already facing criticism for canceling an appearance at the Aisene-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial in France to commemorate the end of World War I. The White House cited rain as the reason for his no-show. When other European leaders attended the ceremony despite the light rain, Trump blamed his own Secret Service detail, saying they had nixed the trip because it was unsafe to fly and the president’s motorcade would snarl traffic in Paris.

Trump did appear, the day after the World War I commemoration, at the Surenses American Cemetery in the suburbs of Paris to pay tribute to U.S. and allied soldiers who were killed in the Great War.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He did not make it to Arlington last year either to honor veterans for Veteran's Day- though he constantly says he supports them
    He honors them instead by spending tremendous amounts on our military. I'm sure our military prefers it that way
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Seems pretty stupid to not be there .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems pretty stupid to not be there .
    Air Force One Helo pilot determined it was too much of a risk to fly in that fog.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Air Force One Helo pilot determined it was too much of a risk to fly in that fog.
    If I am the staff I would have had a backup plan in place for that .
    Do something Danke

He didn't show up, it isn't the end, if anything we should pause on the mistakes of conflict. If anything, may be trump not turning up, should give thought to the bs of conflict, and the willingness to people to fight for selfish business orientated people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He honors them instead by spending tremendous amounts on our military. I'm sure our military prefers it that way
    I think what you mean is handouts to the MIC.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Oh, the endless silly things progs obsess over.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There was no fog at Arlington.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There was no fog at Arlington.
    From the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-exp...213733281.html
    ...He skipped visiting a US cemetery in France the week before- blaming it on light rain. The next day European leaders walked to the Arc de Triumph for another memorial (again in the rain) but Trump and Putin skipped the walk and drove there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Oh, the endless silly things progs obsess over.
    I thought they were against worshiping the military?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment