Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PEACE, RPF, PEACE PLEASE

Unhappy PEACE, RPF, PEACE PLEASE

This is a message board. I know emotions are running high, and Trump is probably one of the most polarizing presidential candidates in decades.

Some question his motives, ties to the establishment, etc. But I've seen too much name calling and vile bickering it is sad. This is not the Googletube comments section.

We are better than this. Can't we resort to civil discussion without calling each other names and neg repping?

You have a problem with Trump, make your case, post a link, and that should be it.

You who support Trump, don't neg rep others for making their case if they do not resort to name calling.

-----

Admin Note: Is it a violation of the Site Usage Guidelines to name call. All discussion should be geared to be civil. Please flag issues for the mod team as you see them. Thank you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When peaceful change is made impossible, violent revolution is inevitable.

I realize youre calling for less name slinging and online hurting, but the root of the angst that exists on both sides will very soon spill over into the really real world, and the blood of many people will be spilled. We are failing to address the source of the anger, and that is, as a country, we have been $#@! on and dragged through the coals by our manipulative sociopathic warmongering representatives, who only really represent a continuation of the worst possible outcome. We have had it with people behind the scenes pulling strings. We are neck deep in corporations being given ever increasingly special treatment while human people are denied any path to a positive existence. We have empty pockets and see those who have something have achieved what they have by theft and coercion. We are held back by the laws that restrict us and enable them to behave the way they do.

Youre not going to simply "get rid of it". Its not just about Trump. It is about a buildup of "more of the same" from governments in general. That anger has been stoked and fed well before Trump, and will burn in the hearts and minds of the people long after Trump as long as the status quo maintains their stranglehold on the lifeblood of society. If you want to cast forth a meaningful change, then take this collective anger and redirect it to good use.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

I realize youre calling for less name slinging and online hurting, but the root of the angst that exists on both sides will very soon spill over into the really real world, and the blood of many people will be spilled. We are failing to address the source of the anger, and that is, as a country, we have been $#@! on and dragged through the coals by our manipulative sociopathic warmongering representatives, who only really represent a continuation of the worst possible outcome. We have had it with people behind the scenes pulling strings. We are neck deep in corporations being given ever increasingly special treatment while human people are denied any path to a positive existence. We have empty pockets and see those who have something have achieved what they have by theft and coercion. We are held back by the laws that restrict us and enable them to behave the way they do.

Youre not going to simply "get rid of it". Its not just about Trump. It is about a buildup of "more of the same" from governments in general. That anger has been stoked and fed well before Trump, and will burn in the hearts and minds of the people long after Trump as long as the status quo maintains their stranglehold on the lifeblood of society. If you want to cast forth a meaningful change, then take this collective anger and redirect it to good use.
    Everything Mr.TV said here is correct. Trump isn't the problem. He's a symptom.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Everything Mr.TV said here is correct. Trump isn't the problem. He's a symptom.
    And a beneficiary.

No, that's not a dig. If you support Trump, it has to be at least in part due to his business savvy and a certain level of opportunism. You have to be able to read when the time is right to get in the race. I actually believe this is a small part of what doomed this run for Rand, but I digress. Trump and whatever advisors he had from the start read the situation perfectly.

God help us survive the outcome.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump is the final exit before the bridge that has been taken out. The peaceful people of this country are pleading with the elites not to push any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    This is a message board. I know emotions are running high, and Trump is probably one of the most polarizing presidential candidates in decades.

Some question his motives, ties to the establishment, etc. But I've seen too much name calling and vile bickering it is sad. This is not the Googletube comments section.

We are better than this. Can't we resort to civil discussion without calling each other names and neg repping?

You have a problem with Trump, make your case, post a link, and that should be it.

You who support Trump, don't neg rep others for making their case if they do not resort to name calling.
    You're no fun.

Stir the pot, rock the boat, rattle cages, yank chains, polarize, make waves, etc.. All in all, have a good fun educational time here.

I agree with Sonofliberty90. Let's be peaceful here regardless of your stance on Trump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not one for Bible quotes but Jeremiah 6:14 seems quite appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post

-----
    The problem is, even at this point, we still have people coming here and imagining that they are somehow advancing the same cause we were advancing by supporting Ron Paul when they support Donald Trump.

Until this site becomes unanimously anti-Trump, we still need to do more work at (mod edit) those people.

Admin Note: Is it a violation of the Site Usage Guidelines to name call. All discussion should be geared to be civil. Please flag issues for the mod team as you see them. Thank you.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The problem is, even at this point, we still have people coming here and imagining that they are somehow advancing the same cause we were advancing by supporting Ron Paul when they support Donald Trump.

Until this site becomes unanimously anti-Trump, we still need to do more work at belittling those people.
    That is one approach. I could also choose to belittle Christians, but I choose to be respectful of them even though I don't share their religion.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Until this site becomes unanimously anti-Trump, we still need to do more work at belittling those people.
    You can "belittle" those people w/o name-calling and neg repping. Real discussions showing truth can do more to advance the cause than screaming and shouting insults.

JMHPOV
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Thats what we should be doing, but instead were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I am scared ****less and my post was also to mask my fear. If we are divided like this, we lose period.

The whole ordeal with Trump and Hillary and Sanders has left me feeling lost this past month. I don't feel like the same person. The spark I used to have isn't there anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

It's ok now, things will calms down a lot going forward thanks to this soothing development yesterday:

Ben Carson’s Trump embrace marks a serious turn in the GOP race
    By Post Editorial Board
    March 11, 2016
    Denouncing “political operatives” out to “thwart the will of the people,” Carson assured voters that the private Trump is in fact a man who “sits there and considers things very carefully.”
    The doctor was, in short, his familiar soothing presence — and a welcome one, as the race finally turns more civil and all sides focus on what really matters.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    The whole ordeal with Trump and Hillary and Sanders has left me feeling lost this past month. I don't feel like the same person. The spark I used to have isn't there anymore.
    we don't have a candidate in the race. Rand Paul dropped out after ONE primary - and that was not keeping his promises.

I think the only thing we can personally do to advance our cause is vett McAfee for ourselves, and if he checks out ok, use him as an educational vehicle. We can still support other candidates in the lower races. No, it doesn't matter if the Libertarian party doesn't nominate him. We can support him anyway. The Libertarian party hasn't been functioning right for a long time.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 03-12-2016 at 12:21 PM.

No justice, no peace!!!!

Kidding.

What was the question?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    we don't have a candidate in the race. Rand Paul dropped out after ONE primary - and that was not keeping his promises.

I think the only thing we can personally do to advance our cause is vett McAfee for ourselves, and if he checks out ok, use him as an educational vehicle. We can still support other candidates in the lower races. No, it doesn't matter if the Libertarian party doesn't nominate him. We can support him anyway. The Libertarian party hasn't been functioning right for a long time.
    To be fair, no party has functioned in this country right for a long time, so the Libertarian Party is in good company.

Because of the way this race has gone and how people around me have reacted, I've been following politics less than I have in a long time and instead have been reading. Just read through a big chunk of Lysander Spooner's No Treason again and I'm picking up Swords Into Plowshares by Ron Paul. So I haven't had time to vet these third party guys, McAfee included. Maybe I should take a look so I can, as you say, use him or another person as an educational vehicle, but we'll see. My heart has to be there. My brain has never been strong enough for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I'm not one for Bible quotes but Jeremiah 6:14 seems quite appropriate here.
    Ah... he was a good friend of mine. Never understood a single word he said, though.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    You can "belittle" those people w/o name-calling and neg repping. Real discussions showing truth can do more to advance the cause than screaming and shouting insults.

JMHPOV
    Exactly. We should not become who we oppose.... but maybe @erowe1 can explain what he means by belittling
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Ah... he was a good friend of mine. Never understood a single word he said, though.
    But he really had some mighty good wine.

Bullfrog, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Exactly. We should not become who we oppose.... but maybe @erowe1 can explain what he means by belittling
    He means continuing his now-years-long-campaign against the idea of national sovereignty (and thus against the Constitution itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    To be fair, no party has functioned in this country right for a long time, so the Libertarian Party is in good company.

Because of the way this race has gone and how people around me have reacted, I've been following politics less than I have in a long time and instead have been reading. Just read through a big chunk of Lysander Spooner's No Treason again and I'm picking up Swords Into Plowshares by Ron Paul. So I haven't had time to vet these third party guys, McAfee included. Maybe I should take a look so I can, as you say, use him or another person as an educational vehicle, but we'll see. My heart has to be there. My brain has never been strong enough for this.
    Lysander Spooner has definitely been me. Been thinking of books like his and some similar bible quotes at the same time. fighting about who controls the state never cuts into the root of the problem *the state*. think i'll pick him up and read instead.

also up for a read:
    https://mises.org/library/our-enemy-state-0

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    That is one approach. I could also choose to belittle Christians, but I choose to be respectful of them even though I don't share their religion.
    What you're talking about would violate the site's guidelines and mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

JMHPOV
    The whole point of having neg-rep is to use it on posts like those that support tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I mean that whatever we've done so far has apparently not been effective in making the pro-tyranny crowd understand that they are not friends, but enemies, of this site, and Ron Paul and those who are his allies. So we apparently need to turn up the heat some more to get that point across.

Trump is a big national current events situation.
    Do you really believe that all mention of him should be blacked out of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    But he really had some mighty good wine.

Bullfrog, right?
    Oh shi---! You know him, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Trump is a big national current events situation.
    Do you really believe that all mention of him should be blacked out of the forum?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast