Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 years ago I got in this fight [video]

4 years ago I got in this fight [video]

4 years ago I was traveling across the barren wasteland of Minnesota orchestrating the overthrow of dozens of local Republican parties on behalf of the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign.

The idea being to help the locals win back control of their party and build delegates to the Convention in favor of Ron. Our team was so successful that we won almost all national delegate slots available to be won.

This video of a parliamentary fight in particular brings back deep memories where we turned a local 4-hour convention in to a 13 hour convention. The establishment was trying to ram through their pre-selected delegate candidates and we had to fight them literally every step of the way to stop them as evidenced by this video.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glory days well they'll pass you by
    Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    4 years ago I was traveling across the barren wasteland of Minnesota orchestrating the overthrow of dozens of local Republican parties on behalf of the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign.

The idea being to help the locals win back control of their party and build delegates to the Convention in favor of Ron. Our team was so successful that we won almost all national delegate slots available to be won.

This video of a parliamentary fight in particular brings back deep memories where we turned a local 4-hour convention in to a 13 hour convention. The establishment was trying to ram through their pre-selected delegate candidates and we had to fight them literally every step of the way to stop them as evidenced by this video.

You did good Collins. I don't know what you want from us though. You are still wrong to bad mouth the Rand campaign for perceived or real errors. I've stated over and over and no one has disputed that without MEDIA coverage, no amount of "right" decisions will ever make a difference. The media runs the game and until we can find a way around that we are stuck. Yeah, there's direct calls and radio adds and mail and those will make some difference but the MEDIA is the giant and we are the Samson. Our sling shot is not quite powerful enough to kill that giant...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I've stated over and over and no one has disputed that without MEDIA coverage, no amount of "right" decisions will ever make a difference. The media runs the game and until we can find a way around that we are stuck.
    Wrong... your inexperience tells you that.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Wrong... your inexperience tells you that.
    Do tell. How would someone successfully run for President with zero media coverage?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

That inspires me....I wish Rands campaign could have generated that type of fervor...

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Do tell. How would someone successfully run for President with zero media coverage?
    I don't know, but both Ron and Rand got lots of media coverage.

Now to be fair, if the media is absolutely intent on working against a candidate, then it is very difficult to overcome. It can be done, but it is not easy. In a close election the media can make or break the difference. But in a close election, so can many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Aut Mortis View Post
    That inspires me....I wish Rands campaign could have generated that type of fervor...
    Yes, me too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trying to ride the coattails of what we did in Minnesota in 2008 again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You did good Collins. I don't know what you want from us though. You are still wrong to bad mouth the Rand campaign for perceived or real errors.
    Why? Why are the Paul's allowed to never be questioned? Why should they be allowed to make mistakes or bad decisions with impunity? I just do not understand the blind cult like mentality of so many in these forums. Sorry to break it to you, but Ron and Rand are only human, and they make mistakes and they make bad decisions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone pointing them out. You have to learn to take the good with the bad. Its called reality.

My guess would be the same way it was done before the media really existed? Rally your supporters to do what you can to GOTV. When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, then sell it for a profit!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

I don't know, but both Ron and Rand got lots of media coverage.

Now to be fair, if the media is absolutely intent on working against a candidate, then it is very difficult to overcome. It can be done, but it is not easy. In a close election the media can make or break the difference. But in a close election, so can many other things.
    Not a chance, Matt, and they got very little during their campaigns compared to the others. Fact is, that this campaign season has more than proved to me that there is no way we are going to ever win the Presidency. It would require overwhelming support or the bastards would cheat us out of it. We need to face it, and focus on elections we have a chance of winning. Unless you tell me Peter Thiel has agreed to buy a television network for us.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Not a chance, Matt, and they got very little during their campaigns compared to the others.
    Then they didn't play their cards right. Media attention is earned, not given.

Fact is, that this campaign season has more than proved to me that there is no way we are going to ever win the Presidency. It would require overwhelming support or the bastards would cheat us out of it. We need to face it, and focus on elections we have a chance of winning. Unless you tell me Peter Thiel has agreed to buy a television network for us.
    You're right that we probably won't win the Presidency, we simply are not big enough. Ron got very close to the Republican nomination in Iowa 2012 though.

Focusing on state and local races are really the best bet. If we can get a Thomas or Justin or Rand elected then we should... targets of opportunity, but our primary objectives should absolutely be state and local.

The one thing that Ron's campaigns did was created a massive network and infrastructure and created a lot of excitement. That was supposed to be inherited by Rand but he botched it. That is a shame because if Rand had grown the base the way it was thought he would, then we would be nearly unstoppable on many state and local projects.

You're right that we probably won't win the Presidency, we simply are not big enough. Ron got very close to the Republican nomination in Iowa 2012 though.

Focusing on state and local races are really the best bet. If we can get a Thomas or Justin or Rand elected then we should... targets of opportunity, but our primary objectives should absolutely be state and local.

The one thing that Ron's campaigns did was created a massive network and infrastructure and created a lot of excitement. That was supposed to be inherited by Rand but he botched it. That is a shame because if Rand had grown the base the way it was thought he would, then we would be nearly unstoppable on many state and local projects.
    What do you think about the FSP?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    What do you think about the FSP?
    In theory it is a great idea but has some major flaws...

1- Most people who pledged are not seriously going to move to NH

2- Many of those who do tend to be anarchists and thus don't vote, therefore the government isn't going to be changed

3- The people of New Hampshire are being overrun by "Massholes" (their phrase) so that for every 1 FSP'er that moves in, they are overshadowed by 50 or more people from Massachusetts.

In Wyoming or Montana this would be a much better idea.

Oh, Ron played his cards right in 2008, there's no doubt about that but the media torpedoed him at every turn. When he was pulling crowds of energized followers bigger than anyone else he got nearly ZERO coverage. Obama would draw a few hundred and the media was all over it. Ron would go up in the polls and his name would be omitted. Do I need to post one of the MANY youtube compilations here to remind you or are you just trying to forget so that you can claim you had it "in the bag"?

Why do you insist on showing your ignorance in this one area or are you just trapped in your own lies? I really thought you were a pretty good guy back then and I even have to hand it to you in MN that was a great effort but THE MEDIA just ain't gonna let it happen... There is NO magic bullet here (Mod edit)

The only value in running a campaign that is almost error free is to show how much TPTB run the show no matter what the people want...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Why? Why are the Paul's allowed to never be questioned? Why should they be allowed to make mistakes or bad decisions with impunity? I just do not understand the blind cult like mentality of so many in these forums. Sorry to break it to you, but Ron and Rand are only human, and they make mistakes and they make bad decisions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone pointing them out. You have to learn to take the good with the bad. Its called reality.
    No one says you can't point out some errors and every campaign is going to have them. Even the Trumpster is making tons of errors but guess what? It doesn't matter because the media just keeps mentioning his name.

The "errors" that Rand and Ron have made have been discussed over and over and when it gets to the point of beating a dead horse (Collins) then it's time to just move on. We know there were errors made and we know that EVERY campaign out there makes even greater ones but guess who gets the short end of media coverage and is relegated to the back room??

THIS ONE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, Ron played his cards right in 2008
    Not even close. '08 was a disaster, no one knew what they were doing and there was no viable plan in place.

, there's no doubt about that but the media torpedoed him at every turn.
    Yes, a lot of which could have been quelled if the '08 campaign had some experienced professionals on board that knew how to handle the media.

When he was pulling crowds of energized followers bigger than anyone else he got nearly ZERO coverage.
    That does not equate to votes.

Not even close. '08 was a disaster, no one knew what they were doing and there was no viable plan in place.

Yes, a lot of which could have been quelled if the '08 campaign had some experienced professionals on board that knew how to handle the media.

He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Just like Collins, you know damn well why the admins do not want constant negativity from members in the candidate forums. Don't pretend like you don't know just so you can keep bringing it back up, you were told multiple times not to even post in Rand's forum. Like Collins, you cared more about being "right" than respecting the site's guidelines, and you both got banned for it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Wrong again Collins. Compare to Trumpster 2015. He had no one "handling" the media and yet they jumped on every crazy word he said (any media is good media). The ONE thing that we could never overcome is the media bias and that's the one you will never be able to overcome. Run your campaigns. Do everything "right" and you still will get no media if you are pro liberty and that's that...

THIS ONE

Thankfully in Blue Earth county Minnesota Ron Paul was so strong that they couldn't (or wouldn't) try any shenanigans. I've been a liberty delegate every election since. I am again this time.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Thankfully in Blue Earth county Minnesota Ron Paul was so strong that they couldn't (or wouldn't) try any shenanigans. I've been a liberty delegate every election since. I am again this time.
    I see you are in MN's Barren wastelands.

[COLOR=#141823][FONT=helvetica]4 years ago I was traveling across the barren wasteland of Minnesota orchestrating the overthrow of dozens of local Republican parties on behalf of the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thumbs down

Wrong again Collins. Compare to Trumpster 2015. He had no one "handling" the media and yet they jumped on every crazy word he said (any media is good media).
    Incorrect. Trump has a team of people handling the media. He also makes himself available at every opportunity. Trump plays the media like a fiddle, and they love it. For example, do you think the timing of the recent Chicago nonsense was coincidental?

The ONE thing that we could never overcome is the media bias and that's the one you will never be able to overcome. Run your campaigns. Do everything "right" and you still will get no media if you are pro liberty and that's that...

Incorrect. Trump has a team of people handling the media. He also makes himself available at every opportunity. Trump plays the media like a fiddle, and they love it. For example, do you think the timing of the recent Chicago nonsense was coincidental?
    Now I'm not sure if you are simply mistaken or lying. You saw that I stated "2015", right?? Of course he has a "team" now in 2016. I specifically mentioned Trumpster 2015 because when he first jumped in, he was a loner, a non-starter. Really nothing but a clown out of his element but THE MEDIA couldn't get enough of him. When he started polling, that's when he got a "team" because it actually looked like he had some traction...

THIS ONE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When he started polling, that's when he got a "team" because it actually looked like he had some traction...
    Wrong again... Trump has been working on this since at least before 2010.

No, he didn't. What you should have said is that he got very close to winning IOWA. Close to the nomination? Not a chance.

I don't know what the hell happened to Rand, but the way he ran his campaign is exactly how someone would have run it if they wanted to make damn sure they lost. I found it quite shocking actually.
    ================

No, he didn't. What you should have said is that he got very close to winning IOWA. Close to the nomination? Not a chance.
    Winning Iowa would have given Ron an opportunity to win the nomination.

I don't know what the hell happened to Rand, but the way he ran his campaign is exactly how someone would have run it if they wanted to make damn sure they lost. I found it quite shocking actually.
    Yep... I think Rand may have overthought things a bit too much.

Winning Iowa would have given Ron an opportunity to win the nomination.
    Yes, it would have given him a chance in hell of getting it; as opposed to a snowball's chance in hell..

Yep... I think Rand may have overthought things a bit too much.
    Overthought? It looked like he didn't think at all.
    ================

Yes, it would have given him a chance in hell of getting it; as opposed to a snowball's chance in hell..

Overthought? It looked like he didn't think at all.
    i nominate LE to be Rands campaign mgr. for 2020...

do i have a 2nd?..

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i nominate LE to be Rands campaign mgr. for 2020...

do i have a 2nd?..
    Since you apparently thought it was great, you'd be the obvious choice for another great performance.
    ================

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast