Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree with one part of Kim Jong Un's speech

I agree with one part of Kim Jong Un's speech

In reference to countries like the U.S. (my country):

"Superiority in military technology is no longer monopolized by imperialists, and the era of enemies using atomic bombs to threaten and blackmail us is forever over," Kim said.
    Can't really argue with what he said about that, unfortunately.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What did he say in his speech?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy949 View Post
    What did he say in his speech?
    From the excerpts I read, mostly that instead of feeding his starving people, the three top priorities need to go to the military. It's all about the might.

without china and without nukes.. north korea wouldve been taken over by now and we would have macdonalds and walmart there =p

you can thank China and Russia for holding off the onslaught, at least for now, in Syria and Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    From the excerpts I read, mostly that instead of feeding his starving people, the three top priorities need to go to the military. It's all about the might.
    Sounds just like his crazy father..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    Video link?
    Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJmfUexrco

It's not all transcribed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    In reference to countries like the U.S. (my country):
    Can't really argue with what he said about that, unfortunately.
    farreri, Kim Jong Un is a dictator. Please be careful about "agreeing" with him.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    farreri, Kim Jong Un is a dictator. Please be careful about "agreeing" with him.
    Dude, you're being very extreme. Just a friendly heads-up.

Whats wrong with being a dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    Lots. I have little to no respect for Un unless he does something really extraordinary for his people!

However, I'm quite surprised by his speech. For a man of one million lies, he was quite an ironic beacon of truth with this speech.

The wonderful thing about the truth is that there can only be no truth. It is the direct opposite of a lie, whereas a lie can be infinite. However, there can be only one truth, no matter who's mouth it comes out from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Lots. I have little to no respect for Un unless he does something really extraordinary for his people!

However, I'm quite surprised by his speech. For a man of one million lies, he was quite an ironic beacon of truth with this speech.

The wonderful thing about the truth is that there can only be no truth. It is the direct opposite of a lie, whereas a lie can be infinite. However, there can be only one truth, no matter who's mouth it comes out from.
    If there is lots wrong with being a dictator, then please name some.

In the private sector, there are thousands of dictators called CEOs, and almost all of them are more effective than our government. The best form of management is you place one person in charge of one responsibility. The worst thing you can do is place hundreds of people in charge of one responsibility. When you do that nobody is accountable, everybody does nothing, then points their fingers at each other. I know. I've seen managers do this and get horrible results. When I made each employee in charge of one responsibility with the same staff, I got tremendous results.

If we had certain controls in place, I don't see anything wrong with a dictator. Worst case scenario he sucks and we impeach him.

If there is lots wrong with being a dictator, then please name some.

In the private sector, there are thousands of dictators called CEOs, and almost all of them are more effective than our government. The best form of management is you place one person in charge of one responsibility. The worst thing you can do is place hundreds of people in charge of one responsibility. When you do that nobody is accountable, everybody does nothing, then points their fingers at each other. I know. I've seen managers do this and get horrible results. When I made each employee in charge of one responsibility with the same staff, I got tremendous results.

If we had certain controls in place, I don't see anything wrong with a dictator. Worst case scenario he sucks and we impeach him.
    Lmao. Someone should probably tell the North Koreans that. It's too bad he censors what they read or they might have read by now how easy it really is.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-16-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Lmao. Someone should probably tell the North Koreans that. It's too bad he censors what they read or they might have read by now how easy it really is.
    They don't have controls in place to limit his power. For one thing, dictators should not be given power over the election process. Thats really rule number one. If you look at the private sector, where dictators are the standard, the board of directors determines the terms of CEOs employment. They don't allow CEOs to stay on forever regardless of their performance.

If North Korea had the proper controls in place that I'm talking about, North Korea would have remove whats his name years ago, and things would be much better by now, because the dictator would have the power to make things better.

They don't have controls in place to limit his power. For one thing, dictators should not be given power over the election process. Thats really rule number one. If you look at the private sector, where dictators are the standard, the board of directors determines the terms of CEOs employment. They don't allow CEOs to stay on forever regardless of their performance.

If North Korea had the proper controls in place that I'm talking about, North Korea would have remove whats his name years ago, and things would be much better by now, because the dictator would have the power to make things better
    I really don't even know where to begin.

I really don't even know where to begin.
    Whats not to understand? Dictators should have the ability to do most things, except handle the election process, which would insure a proper election, and hold the dictator accountable for what he promised during his campaign.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the issues that many Americans have is the idea that each and every thing done or said by someone we dislike is 100% wrong. This is leading us to a very bad place. In order for a society to work, we have to have the ability to see the good ideas as good ideas, even when we dislike the person/party presenting them.

The idea that we are expected to label everything done by a dictator as wrong is especially befuddling. If we had that attitude in the 1950s we'd have never developed the interstate highway system or rockets. Well, maybe the latter wouldn't have been so bad...

Nobody here is suggesting that we abandon the libertarian principles and embrace the Juche idea. There's nothing wrong with agreeing on a small part of Kim Jong Eun's speach. Also, being a student in Switzerland, we don't know yet if he'll bring any of their ideas into Korea. I'd wait a bit before being too harsh on him.
    www.paultheway.com -Encourage Ron Paul To Run All the Way to the End.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Andy View Post
    One of the issues that many Americans have is the idea that each and every thing done or said by someone we dislike is 100% wrong. This is leading us to a very bad place. In order for a society to work, we have to have the ability to see the good ideas as good ideas, even when we dislike the person/party presenting them.

The idea that we are expected to label everything done by a dictator as wrong is especially befuddling. If we had that attitude in the 1950s we'd have never developed the interstate highway system or rockets. Well, maybe the latter wouldn't have been so bad...

Nobody here is suggesting that we abandon the libertarian principles and embrace the Juche idea. There's nothing wrong with agreeing on a small part of Kim Jong Eun's speach. Also, being a student in Switzerland, we don't know yet if he'll bring any of their ideas into Korea. I'd wait a bit before being too harsh on him.
    There's lots of things Hitler did that were impressive. Also, I've heard plenty of statements from Bin Laden, Amadiajad, and others that seem pretty intelligent. I've actually heard smarter things from them that I've ever heard out of Obama. I've never heard anything I liked from Obama.

This happens because our companies (along with our government) sell them all the technology.

Go look up SOFEX that happens every two years.

It's disgusting.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly. Dictatorships are often characterized by some of the following traits: suspension of elections and of civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents without abiding by rule of law procedures; these include single-party state, and cult of personality.
    -Wikipedia

Second of all, why do you think a single person can make better decisions that "hundreds of CEOs"?? I would rather be able to choose between Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and other grocery stores than have a single person in government make that choice for me, I don't care if they are elected. If we had an election today for a person to choose one grocery store for the whole country, it would probably end up being WalMart!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There's lots of things Hitler did that were impressive. Also, I've heard plenty of statements from Bin Laden, Amadiajad, and others that seem pretty intelligent.
    That's because those people were setup by the establishment to fight the establishment. The establishment chose them to be fighters against the establishment for a very strategic reason, which is to discredit the entire anti-establishment. For example, Ron Paul has been accused of "reading too many of Ahmadinejad's press releases" because he used anti-establishment rhetoric just like Ahmadinejad. People who don't support Israel's occupation of Palestine are often compared to Hitler in the sense that they are given the antisemitism connection.

I've actually heard smarter things from them that I've ever heard out of Obama. I've never heard anything I liked from Obama.
    That's because Obama was setup by the establishment to fight for the establishment.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't really have a preference between a monarchy (which is probably a better word than dictator in this thread) and an oligarchy (which is what we have). The key issue for me is my ability to secede from any one jurisdiction and join another or stay unaffiliated. In that way, government - regardless of form - becomes voluntary.

Now if someone wants to insist on the word "dictator", then the implication is central control (dictating) of the economy, which ALWAYS fails.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    -Wikipedia

Second of all, why do you think a single person can make better decisions that "hundreds of CEOs"?? I would rather be able to choose between Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and other grocery stores than have a single person in government make that choice for me, I don't care if they are elected. If we had an election today for a person to choose one grocery store for the whole country, it would probably end up being WalMart!!
    Put it this way. There are plenty of smart people on the board of Apple. They didn't set up a bull$#@! legislative system to run the company. They hired Steve Jobbs to make all the decisions because he was better than them, and because 1 smart person can run a company better than 200 smart people.

You obviously haven't run anything before in your life, or were not too success. No offense. But anyone who has had success in management knows its ideal for only one person to be in charge of one responsibility. If you have many people in charge of one responsibility, nothing will get done, and everyone will point the figure at each other. I've seen this before. I've seen bad managers $#@! things up by having too many people in charge of one task, and I've seen the right way.

And if you had the CEOs of all those health food companies' CEOs sharing one responsibility, you wouldn't end up with something good. You'd end up with $#@!Mart...a combination of Wal Mart and the DMV.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's because those people were setup by the establishment to fight the establishment. The establishment chose them to be fighters against the establishment for a very strategic reason, which is to discredit the entire anti-establishment. For example, Ron Paul has been accused of "reading too many of Ahmadinejad's press releases" because he used anti-establishment rhetoric just like Ahmadinejad. People who don't support Israel's occupation of Palestine are often compared to Hitler in the sense that they are given the antisemitism connection.

That's because Obama was setup by the establishment to fight for the establishment.
    I agree to some extent. Would you agree that most dictators have been given a bad name by the establishment? They bash leaders like Hitler and say "see, this is what happens when you have a dictator." You can see this effect just be reading this thread. Everyone assumes that because someone is a dictator, they must have been a divine leader and hold their power forever. This is not what I want. I want one leader who is accountable for everything, and is held accountable by another department.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Put it this way. There are plenty of smart people on the board of Apple. They didn't set up a bull$#@! legislative system to run the company. They hired Steve Jobbs to make all the decisions because he was better than them, and because 1 smart person can run a company better than 200 smart people.

You obviously haven't run anything before in your life, or were not too success. No offense. But anyone who has had success in management knows its ideal for only one person to be in charge of one responsibility. If you have many people in charge of one responsibility, nothing will get done, and everyone will point the figure at each other. I've seen this before. I've seen bad managers $#@! things up by having too many people in charge of one task, and I've seen the right way.

And if you had the CEOs of all those health food companies' CEOs sharing one responsibility, you wouldn't end up with something good. You'd end up with $#@!Mart...a combination of Wal Mart and the DMV.
    No offense. But please stop while you are behind. You must be the entrepreneur. I'm still laughing at your first incredible post. And you expect ANYONE to believe you are a businessman? What exactly do you do? I usually don't "bash" people for their ignorant posts but your's are especially troublesome. Please. Pick up a book.

EDIT: Or a dictionary for that matter.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.

No offense. But please stop while you are behind. You must be the entrepreneur. I'm still laughing at your first incredible post. And you expect ANYONE to believe you are a businessman? What exactly do you do? I usually don't "bash" people for their ignorant posts but your's are especially troublesome. Please. Pick up a book.

EDIT: Or a dictionary for that matter.
    This post is bull$#@!. There is absolutely no substance whatsoever in this post. You might as well just call me a bunch of names. That would get the same effect.

What exactly do you disagree with? Are you capable of having a discussion, or do you resort to bashing people when you don't understand something? The management philosophy I stated works wonders. I don't see how anyone can disagree with it. I don't see how someone can support the management system our own government uses, which is a complete disaster, and everyone just points the finger at each other, which is exactly what I said happens when you use that system.

This post is bull$#@!. There is absolutely no substance whatsoever in this post. You might as well just call me a bunch of names. That would get the same effect.

What exactly do you disagree with? Are you capable of having a discussion, or do you resort to bashing people when you don't understand something? The management philosophy I stated works wonders. I don't see how anyone can disagree with it. I don't see how someone can support the management system our own government uses, which is a complete disaster, and everyone just points the finger at each other, which is exactly what I said happens when you use that system.
    I apologize, when I said earlier I don't know where to begin it wasn't from a lack of understanding of what you are trying to convey. I understand what you are trying to say. One person in power that is held accountable, correct? The problem is "we" won't uphold our end of the agreement. The propaganda machines will be running and nothing will really change. Later you mentioned a group of "advisors." That is precisely what we have. The analogies to corporations are far-fetched at best. Yes, we don't need the beauracrats we have but that doesn't mean we should turn over power to one man. EVEN IF THAT BE RON PAUL (though I truly believe he wouldn't abuse his power) What about the next man? Laws are passed in "blindness." The power would surely be corrupted and abused. Not to mention a coup.

EDIT: I apologize again. I sometimes am too quick with a response. I supposed you were just trolling.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.

When I said earlier I don't know where to begin it wasn't from a lack of understanding of what you are trying to convey. I understand what you are trying to say. One person in power that is held accountable, correct? The problem is "we" won't uphold our end of the agreement. The propaganda machines will be running and nothing will really change. Later you mentioned a group of "advisors." That is precisely what we have. The analogies to corporations are far-fetched at best. Yes, we don't need the beauracrats we have but that doesn't mean we should turn over power to one man. EVEN IF THAT BE RON PAUL (though I truly believe he wouldn't abuse his power) What about the next man? Laws are passed in "blindness." The power would surely be corrupted and abused. Not to mention a coup.

EDIT: I apologize again. I sometimes am too quick with a response. I supposed you were just trolling.
    The CEO example is a very good one. CEOs without a 51% ownership are at the mercy of the board. If the board likes his job, he stays. If they don't like the job, he goes. It works for businesses, why not try a similar model with our government? Have the Supreme Court, a Dictator, and an agency that the dictator has no control over that holds the dictator accountable to his promises, hold impeachment hearings, and holds valid elections. You can also write some guidelines for the dictator, such as he must make sure his laws are for all people, and that the dictator must live by the rules as well, and that any new laws passed must not conflict with the constitution or whatever we would have.

Let me get this straight, there will be dictators who attempt to $#@! things up. But in this system, we would either impeach them or not reelect them. And when we do get someone good, it will more than make up for the bad ones because the dictator would have the power to do whatever good he wants. It actually would be good to have a bad dictator every once in a while. It would teach people to pay attention and not vote for someone who is just bullshitting them. Right now, nobody cares who the president is because nothing will change, unless we go radical and elect someone like Ron Paul.

Why would I be trolling? I have like a thousand posts.

You're missing the point, I understand that putting one person in charge of something that they specialize in and can be held accountable for is often superior to putting a bunch of people in charge of something that would be more difficult to hold them all accountable for in a business environment.

But if you had one person making the decision to make one grocery store for everyone then we'd have $#@!mart. The products you want would not be available.

The government is not a business, I don't want them making decisions for me. At most, I would like them to defend the borders from actual enemies (not immigrants who are coming here to work), defend my person and property and uphold contracts. Very simple.

Instead in the free market we would let all of the businesses open their doors and operate and let the 600 million individuals in this country decide which store they thought was best. If we didn't have government subsidizing bad factory farming methods, then we would have less of it because the price would be more comparable to better methods.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-16-2012 at 07:31 PM.

The CEO example is a very good one. CEOs without a 51% ownership are at the mercy of the board. If the board likes his job, he stays. If they don't like the job, he goes. It works for businesses, why not try a similar model with our government? Have the Supreme Court, a Dictator, and an agency that the dictator has no control over that holds the dictator accountable to his promises, hold impeachment hearings, and holds valid elections. You can also write some guidelines for the dictator, such as he must make sure his laws are for all people, and that the dictator must live by the rules as well, and that any new laws passed must not conflict with the constitution or whatever we would have.

Let me get this straight, there will be dictators who attempt to $#@! things up. But in this system, we would either impeach them or not reelect them. And when we do get someone good, it will more than make up for the bad ones because the dictator would have the power to do whatever good he wants. It actually would be good to have a bad dictator every once in a while. It would teach people to pay attention and not vote for someone who is just bullshitting them. Right now, nobody cares who the president is because nothing will change, unless we go radical and elect someone like Ron Paul.

Why would I be trolling? I have like a thousand posts.
    This would not happen. The power would be too concentrated. It is bad enough trying to fight our way out of this oligarchic system most were born into. The powers of propaganda work wonders. Imagine what "change" could come with the right slogan.

EDIT: All
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast