Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My True Calling

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Those are labels, not tape. Tape is 106A.
    Well, hell. I'm getting a lot of labels. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the head up. I guess she thought since she could order them online for the store that customers could too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Well, hell. I'm getting a lot of labels. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the head up. I guess she thought since she could order them online for the store that customers could too.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

On the other hand, another trick? If a flat rate box is the perfect size but you don't want to pay flat rate, you can put those labels (or anything else, really) over the words "Flat Rate" and just pay regular PM shipping.

A long time ago, we could order tape online. By the case, even. But I heard tales of people were wrapping all their gifts in priority mail supplies... Then for about 10 years we couldn't get it at all unless we were super duper nice to the people at the counter. In the past 2 years, they made it available again, but you have to call them. And they only approve it if you state you're using plain packaging.

But lots of people do indeed misuse the free Priority Supplies. Imagine that.

I bought a replacement fan for my laptop. It came First class in a plain Tyvek envelope, wrapped around a small flat rate pm box. Inside that box was a PM flat rate bubble envelope, and PM tape was holding the whole thing together.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

On the other hand, another trick? If a flat rate box is the perfect size but you don't want to pay flat rate, you can put those labels (or anything else, really) over the words "Flat Rate" and just pay regular PM shipping.

A long time ago, we could order tape online. By the case, even. But I heard tales of people were wrapping all their gifts in priority mail supplies... Then for about 10 years we couldn't get it at all unless we were super duper nice to the people at the counter. In the past 2 years, they made it available again, but you have to call them. And they only approve it if you state you're using plain packaging.

But lots of people do indeed misuse the free Priority Supplies. Imagine that.

I bought a replacement fan for my laptop. It came First class in a plain Tyvek envelope, wrapped around a small flat rate pm box. Inside that box was a PM flat rate bubble envelope, and PM tape was holding the whole thing together.
    Poshmark handles the shipping and it's all Priority Mail. You don't have a choice.

I ordered some of the International Document pouches to hold my shipping label. I don't think you're suppose to use them that way but they won't let you tape over the bar code and I don't want them to get wet.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Poshmark handles the shipping and it's all Priority Mail. You don't have a choice.

I ordered some of the International Document pouches to hold my shipping label. I don't think you're suppose to use them that way but they won't let you tape over the bar code and I don't want them to get wet.
    I use a label printer now but even back in my inkjet days I never had a problem with labels getting wet. I tape over the name, but not the bar code, just in case though. And putting a packing slip inside means that even if your label gets destroyed, the USPS can still get the package delivered. But it will take weeks, if not months...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Query: should I keep my grocery receipts or is it enough to keep the C card bills?
    I would keep the actual receipts if you buy any work related items. You can take a picture of them and keep in a Dropbox or similar online folder.

It's really bizarre how almost all my sales have gone to CA. I've had one go to NC and one to IA but the rest are all CA. Woke up to two sales this morning and they were both CA. It's really bugging be as to why.

Is everything just so expensive out there that the secondhand stores suck or are so expensive that it's not worth it?

It's really bizarre how almost all my sales have gone to CA. I've had one go to NC and one to IA but the rest are all CA. Woke up to two sales this morning and they were both CA. It's really bugging be as to why.

Is everything just so expensive out there that the secondhand stores suck or are so expensive that it's not worth it?
    CA people are just the weirdest people people in Murica, that's all. Tejanos are pretty weird too, but Calis have 'em beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Used socks, panties, hose and such...you'd make a fortune.

Blue pill pervs will fall all over themselves for that.
    To that, I've heard there's people that pay good money for used panties.
    "I am a bird"

Sounds like you've just found an oil well in California. Start pumping that oil.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    To that, I've heard there's people that pay good money for used panties.
    I bet you have a "friend" who can help, don't you?
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Sounds like you've just found an oil well in California. Start pumping that oil.
    Oh, I am. I told my son and he said those are probably the only people dumb enough to buy my used clothes.

I got my first 4 star rating. I've had all 5 star ratings and all but one left me love notes. This bitch gets a great deal on a handbag that was new with tags and I shipped it that afternoon and she has the nerve to take off a star and not tell me why. The girls on the Poshmark Reddit say some people just never leave 5 stars and some only leave 5 stars if you include a thank you gift. I ain't giving out thank you gifts. I'm honest in my listing, my prices are fair, my packages are pretty, and I ship fast. That's enough. I'm not Gottdam Santa Claus.

Going sourcing as soon as I'm properly caffeinated. I'm going to look in the odds and ends section for small trinkets I can throw in as free gifts for large purchases. They have lots of bags of crap at my Goodwill. I talked to Mr A last night and he told me I should reconsider a gift if the person spends a certain amount. We'll see...

This week I pan on getting all my summer stuff listed. I also went through my handbag collection and pulled out a few more things to sell. I've got to get better about letting stuff go. I've collected vintage handbags since I was a teenager and they're taking over our house. I was excited to see one of my handbags sells for over 100.00 on Posh. That made my decision a lot easier. I picked that up a few years ago at Goodwill for 5.00. It looks brand new. I never carried it. I like it and it's amazing quality but it's just not my style. Some hipster girl will love it and I will love the 100 FRNS.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I learned a valuable lesson today. Don't try to help dumb girls do math. The girl sent me an offer on an item which was a good offer but today is closet clear out which means if someone "likes" (hits the heart button) an item the seller can send them an offer and they get an extra 1.50 off shipping. I told her to hit the like button and I would send her the same offer she sent me and she would save another 1.50 off shipping. She doesn't get it. I'm at my wits end. I'm tempted to say, JUST HIT THE $#@!ING BUTTON!!!

I learned a valuable lesson today. Don't try to help dumb girls do math. The girl sent me an offer on an item which was a good offer but today is closet clear out which means if someone "likes" (hits the heart button) an item the seller can send them an offer and they get an extra 1.50 off shipping. I told her to hit the like button and I would send her the same offer she sent me and she would save another 1.50 off shipping. She doesn't get it. I'm at my wits end. I'm tempted to say, JUST HIT THE $#@!ING BUTTON!!!
    You could make patience with dumb customers your #lifeskill for toady!

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You could make patience with dumb customers your #lifeskill for toady!
    I'm the first to admit I'm no math genius but damn...she still hasn't hit the $#@!ing button. o_O

I might just take her offer and be done with trying to help the dumb ass. My goal today was three sales and she would make me reach my goal. I've noticed my weekends are slow. My busiest days seem to be Tues, Weds, and Thursday. Most sellers say Sunday night is their busiest but it's crickets for me. I guess my California Customers are busy on Sunday nights.

I'm the first to admit I'm no math genius but damn...she still hasn't hit the $#@!ing button. o_O

I might just take her offer and be done with trying to help the dumb ass. My goal today was three sales and she would make me reach my goal. I've noticed my weekends are slow. My busiest days seem to be Tues, Weds, and Thursday. Most sellers say Sunday night is their busiest but it's crickets for me. I guess my California Customers are busy on Sunday nights.
    It's a $1.50. Take the offer.

It's a $1.50. Take the offer.
    I know but I figured she would like to save an extra 1.50 and it wasn't coming out of my pocket so it was a win/win. I gave her all night to figure out the math and accepted her offer this morning. Bless her heart...

Seven items so far this week. Nothing big but it's picking up. I think I'm also going to reach my goal of becoming a Posh Ambassador by Monday. I just have to share my items 2000 more times.

I had two low ballers yesterday and I'm glad I didn't accept the offers. One of the items sold for asking price just a few hours after the low offer and the other items were just listed yesterday and have generated a lot of interest. They're fall items so I think I'm going to let them sit a month before I entertain taking anything lower than list $. My list $ are very reasonable, btw.

I went sourcing Tuesday night. I found some wooden flip flops and was tempted to buy them. They were only .50 and I'm kicking myself for being so cheap. I don't think they would sell but I've found having a few weird things in my closet helps drive people to see what else I have. I listed this really weird handbag. I bought it ages ago and never carried it because it's just too goofy so I decided to list it. Anyway, that dumb purse has gotten a lot of interest. People love it. I think people see stuff like that and wonder what else you have and it motivates them to take a looky-lou. I think the wooden flip flops would've generated that kind of attention, too. They had green velvet thongs and flowers painted on the wood and they were gigantic. Admittedly, my feet are on the smaller side but these looked liked I had on my dad's shoes - I bet they were a men's size 12. Why did I pass on gigantic wooden flip flops???

Anyway, I did find some nice plus size stuff and some NTW items. I found one Express NWT skirt in my size that I love. I'm not going to keep it unless I can find something to get rid of, though. I'm a skirt junkie. Speaking of skirts, I'm on the lookout for a midi (long) accordion pleat skirt. One for me and some to sell. I have a feeling they're going to be hot this fall and winter. I found one at Goodwill on Sunday but it wasn't on sale - it should be on sale Sunday and I plan on running up there and grabbing it. I'm imagining that skirt paired with a body skimming turtleneck sweater in the same color with a pair of heeled boots in the same color - preferably a nice sleek leather (all black would be the most versatile) with a statement coat or a plain coat and a statement bag.

Pro tip - when you wear a turtleneck, pull your hair back (low slung messy bun or ponytail or a Brigitte Bardot-ish half up do.) It elevates the look. If you have short hair, just pull back the sides. It creates the same effect. For jewelry, wear a pair of statement earrings and no necklace. A messy bun with face framing tendrils is my fav hairstyle to wear with a turtleneck. Plus, it's easy. When you wear your hair down with a t-neck, it creates too much bulk around your neck and throws off your proportions.

Only three sales today. Nothing big. Apparently, the beginning of the month is slow. I'm trying some new listing/sharing strategies to see if they get me more exposure.
    So weird, Poshers I watch on Youtube say the weekends are their busy times but mine are weekdays. No one seems to want to buy my crap from Fri night through Sunday. I wake up to a Monday sale and then they're pretty regular until Friday. I guess my clientele are busy looking hawt on the weekends.

Poshmark is social - people "follow" you and as a courtesy, I try to follow all my followers. Today, I'm following followers and one person's profile pic catches my eye. They are both NEEKID doing a sexy pose. You can't actually see the naughty bits but damn...I just cracked up thinking about me and Mr A trying that, lol.

Tip of the day - Shapewear is your friend. I don't care how skinny you are undergarments create lumps and bumps that mess with your look. I'm fairly thin and I wear shapewear every time I leave the house. I don't wear bras so these are my picks. BTW, I've tried expensive Spanx and the no names and these are the ones that hold up to everyday wear, are affordable and are comfortable. When you look at how good women in the 60's and before looked in their clothes, it's because they wore good shapewear. I do not recommend any girdle underwear. I've never tried a pair that don't roll and I'm not gonna wear uncomfortable undies.

Bali Lace-n-Smooth Cami - I wear this most days. It's not hot at all, btw.

Warners panties - these are truly the best. I usually buy variety packs of them at Sams but Kohls has them, too and right now they're cheaper there. Your clothes just glide over these babies.

and for a onesie I like the

Flexees by Maidenform - They sell these babies at Walmart for around 18.00. I order them online for store pickup because they never have a small in stock in my store. It seems like they only stock XLs. I have a stockpile of these because my heart would break if they ever discontinued them.

Only three sales today. Nothing big. Apparently, the beginning of the month is slow. I'm trying some new listing/sharing strategies to see if they get me more exposure.
    So weird, Poshers I watch on Youtube say the weekends are their busy times but mine are weekdays. No one seems to want to buy my crap from Fri night through Sunday. I wake up to a Monday sale and then they're pretty regular until Friday. I guess my clientele are busy looking hawt on the weekends.

Poshmark is social - people "follow" you and as a courtesy, I try to follow all my followers. Today, I'm following followers and one person's profile pic catches my eye. They are both NEEKID doing a sexy pose. You can't actually see the naughty bits but damn...I just cracked up thinking about me and Mr A trying that, lol.

Tip of the day - Shapewear is your friend. I don't care how skinny you are undergarments create lumps and bumps that mess with your look. I'm fairly thin and I wear shapewear every time I leave the house. I don't wear bras so these are my picks. BTW, I've tried expensive Spanx and the no names and these are the ones that hold up to everyday wear, are affordable and are comfortable. When you look at how good women in the 60's and before looked in their clothes, it's because they wore good shapewear. I do not recommend any girdle underwear. I've never tried a pair that don't roll and I'm not gonna wear uncomfortable undies.

Bali Lace-n-Smooth Cami - I wear this most days. It's not hot at all, btw.

Warners panties - these are truly the best. I usually buy variety packs of them at Sams but Kohls has them, too and right now they're cheaper there. Your clothes just glide over these babies.

and for a onesie I like the

Flexees by Maidenform - They sell these babies at Walmart for around 18.00. I order them online for store pickup because they never have a small in stock in my store. It seems like they only stock XLs. I have a stockpile of these because my heart would break if they ever discontinued them.
    Sage advice. When I get danke's addy, I'm going to order some of that stuff from you in chubby danke size and have it sent to him for Festivus as a gift. LOLOLOL #happyfestivus
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-03-2018 at 07:26 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I stayed up last night to share to all the west coast folks. No sales but I did wake up to a few offers and a nice love note. I countered the offers because they were a little low. I'm trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of their cheap asses.

A few things I've thought of to make my closet more successful...

1. Make Posh Ambassador.

I did that this morning. Some people say it doesn't make a difference but I think it does. The people who say that aren't PA's so I think they're talking out of their ass. I read where one girl said that when she made PA she was getting thousands of followers a day. That can't hurt. I also think the algorithm prefers PAs. I don't think it's as important as consistently listing new items and sharing BUT I think it does matter. And besides, it will lend an air of legitimacy to my closet.

2. Exposure on other platforms.

Especially, Instagram and Youtube. The closets that fetch the highest prices for their items are active on one or both of those platforms. I'm going to start with Instagram because I hate the sound of my voice. Plus, I think styling is my strong suit. My personal wardrobe is heavily vintage and I'm good at styling those things in a way to make them look fresh and modern. If you think about it, all fashion is recycled. And, IMO, going vintage instead of buying the newer version is a way to stay on trend without looking like every other girl who just stepped out of a mall. Plus, the vintage version is much better quality and a lot cheaper. For example, I just picked up an orange polyester sleeveless mock neck that has an exposed zipper up the back from the 1960's. I plan on wearing that this week with a pair of white ankle pants, gold sandals, and carrying my favorite structured vintage gold bag - it's woven metal and so friggin cool. Vintage is my strong suit because I've been doing it my whole life. I could never afford mall clothes growing up but I would go to the thrift store and find something similar that looked unique. Plus, I think a classic look with an odd accessory suits my personality.

3. Branding.

I'm working on a logo. I'm thinking a wooden coat hanger with my initials in the middle and a bow tied at the base of the hook and making an identical hanger to hang my clothes from in my photos. I thought about going with a black hanger and a pink bow but I'm concerned the pink bow will clash with garments I'm displaying so I think I'm going to go with a black hanger with gold accents. I used my name as my closet name because I couldn't think of anything more creative and, at first, I thought I would change it later when I came up with something good but it's growing on me now.

This is similar to what I have in mind but imagine the hanger painted black and leaving the wooden bar across the bottom of the hanger and doing my monogram in gold wire in the center and putting a gold bow on it. I'm still not completely sold on having a bow. I think it would spice up the logo but I want the logo and hanger to be identical and it might detract from the garment.

Here is my net at three weeks. Not bad considering most of those items were things I've owned, worn, and tired of. Not to mention the fact that they were all originally purchased at a thrift store. I made 92.96 per week last month and I would like to get that number up to two hundred dollars per week this month but I will need to invest in more inventory or let go of some more of my own collection - that would make Mr A happy but we don't need him to get too happy.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 08-04-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: edited gibberish

Wish I could help with your logo, Suz. But modern Windows doesn't run Adobe CS3, which is the only version I own outright. I can't afford to upgrade ATM, and there aren't any good free vector programs that can compete with Illustrator. Kurwa

This week I'm going to concentrate on fixing my photos. I got some soft boxes but my pics are still shadowy and I don't know how to fix it. The wall behind the pics is beige but I may hang a white sheet from it to see if that helps. I would also like to find a black sheet to hang behind white items to make them pop.

I also need to source more plus sized. I think the reason I'm not moving what I have is because I only have a few items in random sizes.

I'm going to get someone to take some pics for my Instagram. I plan on wearing my orange/white combo to the doctor in the morning and I would ask him to take some pics but it might be weird to have outfit pics taken in the exam room. Heck, maybe people would find them interesting. At least it's not the gyno. Now that would be weird. Seriously, it's a great outfit to wear to the dr because he can take my blood pressure easily (it's sleeveless) and because of the zipper down the back and the fact that I wear a cami, I can just take off my top so he can hook me up to the ekg and we can watch my heart defect make blips. I love my dr. He's very bashful and I find it amusing to shock him. You'd think a dr would be unshockable but when I asked him to look at my butt hole a few years ago he seemed downright flustered. I was like, don't tell me you've never seen a butt hole before.

I'm so glad this is going well for you, Suz. You sound very enthusiastic and happy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I think "My True Calling" is cute.

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

"My True Calling" words tightened up a bit.

both in one image:

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Thank you, James. Those are super cute. Super cute is Poshmark lingo. Everything is super cute.

Dream Job: Italy's Nutella maker seeks 60 taste testers - no experience necessary

If you love Nutella – and let's face it, few of us don't – the maker of the famed Italian chocolate and hazelnut spread has a potential job for you.

The Ferrerro company, which makes Nutella, Ferrero Rocher chocolates and other sweet treats, is looking for 60 "sensory judges" who will be paid for tasting its products.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...source=twitter
    Hmmm....I may have to rethink MTC.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're welcome Suz. It's fun to see you getting into it.

Here's a different font. A little 'cuter' lol

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

It needs to be super cute. A little cuter won't do for Posh gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You're welcome Suz. It's fun to see you getting into it.

Here's a different font. A little 'cuter' lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast