View Poll Results: Are You a Mobster or a Drug Dealer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drug Dealer

3 30.00%
  • Mobster

1 10.00%
  • OP Needs to Turn Off Fake News!

6 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Drug Dealer or a Mobster? - Poll

Are You a Drug Dealer or a Mobster? - Poll

This month, I learned from Joe Scarborough, that German has always been an Allie to the US. Hurray! Those world wars never really happened. I also learn from the Chris Cuomo program that the only people that use cash are drug dealers and mobsters I bought a Whopper, with fries, and paid cash. I feel the need to carry a Tommy Gun.

Are you a drug dealer or a mobster?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neither. I'm a metaphysical outlaw.

“If you're honest, you sooner or later have to confront your values. Then you're forced to separate what is right from what is merely legal. This puts you metaphysically on the run. America is full of metaphysical outlaws.”

― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

ID theft and credit card fraud are serious problems. I pay cash at every point of sale.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I pd cash for a used 12 Ga spanish side by side shotgun and negotiated the price 33.80 FRN's lower to avoid tax and cover lunch money for the next day and got a 1.00 newspaper thrown in.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-26-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Do something Danke

Also this week , I bought a new air hammer in Buffalo and pd cash . A few silver coins , cash of course and no tax because I was in Indiana then . Cash for gasoline , steaks at the butcher , draft beers at the Mexican place and cash for the tip.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-26-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    ID theft and credit card fraud are serious problems. I pay cash at every point of sale.
    Make sure your cards are signed.

I bet the more you go out of their sphere of surveillance the more they target you as a possible "suspect" and put you on lists. Kind of like how Facebook serve people ads who don't have facebook to join facebook and the people who have facebook don't get those ads.

I am rolling some nickels now . If I end up with a roll not quite full maybe I can swing by Dankes and get the rest . Maybe next week I can see what I can trade muh nickels for .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    What are you, a cop or something??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Poll: Are You a Mobster or a Drug Dealer?

No, I like cookies. Homemade, but the ingredients purchased with cash...
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Poll: Are You a Mobster or a Drug Dealer?

No, I like cookies. Homemade, but the ingredients purchased with cash...
    I like cookies but I have about given them up . Not giving up paying with cash though .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Make sure your cards are signed.
    Especially birthday cards. Grannie won't know who they came from and think you don't lover her anymore. Cut you out of the will.

(I noticed you don't have to sign for credit card purchases anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    (I noticed you don't have to sign for credit card purchases anymore).
    Preparing for a future where people can no longer write but only type.
    "I am a bird"

I think you need to turn off the TV.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both...

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Am I being detained?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Neither. I'm a metaphysical outlaw.

“If you're honest, you sooner or later have to confront your values. Then you're forced to separate what is right from what is merely legal. This puts you metaphysically on the run. America is full of metaphysical outlaws.”

"When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." -- Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." -- Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
    By the time I was 16 I figured out it was easier just not to put too much stock in the respect for the law. As I often explained to my stern Grandmother that was just not my calling . We all have our own talents .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I've been rereading my Tom Robbins books lately and I like the idea of being a metaphysical outlaw. I didn't realize this thread was about paying cash when I posted that quote.

“The difference between a criminal and an outlaw is that while criminals frequently are victims, outlaws never are. Indeed, the first step toward becoming a true outlaw is the refusal to be victimized. All people who live subject to other people's laws are victims. People who break laws out of greed, frustration, or vengeance are victims. People who overturn laws in order to replace them with their own laws are victims. ( I am speaking here of revolutionaries.) We outlaws, however, live beyond the law. We don't merely live beyond the letter of the law-many businessmen, most politicians, and all cops do that-we live beyond the spirit of the law. In a sense, then, we live beyond society. Have we a common goal, that goal is to turn the tables on the 'nature' of society. When we succeed, we raise the exhilaration content of the universe. We even raise it a little bit when we fail.

When war turns whole populations into sleepwalkers, outlaws don't join forces with alarm clocks. Outlaws, like poets, rearrange the nightmare.

The trite mythos of the outlaw; the self-conscious romanticism of the outlaw; the black wardrobe of the outlaw; the fey smile of the outlaw; the tequila of the outlaw and the beans of the outlaw; respectable men sneer and say 'outlaw'; young women palpitate and say 'outlaw'. The outlaw boat sails against the flow; outlaws toilet where badgers toilet. All outlaws are photogenic. 'When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.' There are outlaw maps that lead to outlaw treasures. Unwilling to wait for mankind to improve, the outlaw lives as if that day were here. Outlaws are can openers in the supermarket of life.”

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Last week I was made to pay cash at a UK airport, just to be dropped off.

I have to say, apart from the vending machine at work, there are not many instances where I have to pay cash in this country anymore. Very few.
    "I am a bird"

Mobs in this context use force to extort you in exchange for their protection. In other words, they're governments. So I guess that makes me a drug dealer, given only those two options.

I think the poll needs more options.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the poll needs more options.
    Yeah,, I was involved in Transportation and Security rather than "Dealing".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yeah,, I was involved in Transportation and Security rather than "Dealing".
    IMO, you're a metaphysical outlaw who dabbled in T&S.

IMO, you're a metaphysical outlaw who dabbled in T&S.
    Not a poll option
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not a poll option
    Metaphysical outlaws don't care if it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Last week I was made to pay cash at a UK airport, just to be dropped off.

I have to say, apart from the vending machine at work, there are not many instances where I have to pay cash in this country anymore. Very few.
    I still use it for everything except expenses that would be tax deductible . I write a check for those .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Mobs in this context use force to extort you in exchange for their protection. In other words, they're governments. So I guess that makes me a drug dealer, given only those two options.
    That reminds me , Danke is behind on protection payments .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast