Thread: Trump AGREES there is systematic or institutional racism

Trump AGREES there is systematic or institutional racism

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Trump sincere?

Or is he cynically manipulating blacks like the way Johnson, for instance, did?

If he's sincere, I'd say he's probably right when he says blacks have not had a friend in the White House better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is Trump sincere?

If he's sincere, I'd say he's probably right when he says blacks have not had a friend in the White House better than him.
    Trumps approval records are in the high 40% among blacks.. Why shouldn't they be? Blacks are tired of the Democrat plantation. They saw record employment gains under Trump.

Is Trump sincere?
    Is that a polite way of suggesting that he is lying?

Some white nationalist leaders (Spencer, David Duke) have also suggested that Trump manipulated them before 2016 elections.

He's a great communicator thanks to his hollywood/showbiz training and opportunist probably on most issues. His support for diversity, minorities, showbiz, self-promotion, real estate and $$$s seems more lasting relatively.
    If actions speak louder than words, his strongest commitment seems to be to his top donor funded lobbies like ZOA, Netanyahu-Republicans/Democrats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trumps approval records are in the high 40% among blacks.. Why shouldn't they be? Blacks are tired of the Democrat plantation. They saw record employment gains under Trump.
    I tend to agree, although I disagree about the "systemic racism" idea...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Is Trump sincere?

Only idiots think Trump is sincere.

Yea I believe the drug war and the war on poverty has caused systematic racism. But I don't think the average person on the street is out to push black people down or even hates them a s group and, I don't think Trump would lose his base he they heard him say that systematic racism is a problem.

I did not cause this systematic racism I wish I could vote against it. When I used to vote democrat I thought I was voting against it. But if I keep hearing people tell me that I have some kind of privilege because of looking white it is going to make me angry because most of the people who are telling me this don't know me nor do they have any idea what kind of struggles I have had. I feel really bad for children who are being taught that somebody thinks they are better than them rather being taught that they are a good as they want to be. I know a lot of rich people who don't know what love is and a lot of poor people who have been loved their whole life. Believe me if I had to choose between the two I would rather be poor, black and loved.

It seems to me like black people are being taught there is something wrong with being black which I think is wrong. If you are black do think if you were white that you would automatically hate black people? If I was black I hope I would not be expected to hate white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Yea I believe the drug war and the war on poverty has caused systematic racism.
    I don't think the drug war or the war on poverty are systemically racist. It's just that some people take the bait more than others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea I believe the drug war and the war on poverty has caused systematic racism. But I don't think the average person on the street is out to push black people down or even hates them a s group and, I don't think Trump would lose his base he they heard him say that systematic racism is a problem.

I did not cause this systematic racism I wish I could vote against it. When I used to vote democrat I thought I was voting against it. But if I keep hearing people tell me that I have some kind of privilege because of looking white it is going to make me angry because most of the people who are telling me this don't know me nor do they have any idea what kind of struggles I have had. I feel really bad for children who are being taught that somebody thinks they are better than them rather being taught that they are a good as they want to be. I know a lot of rich people who don't know what love is and a lot of poor people who have been loved their whole life. Believe me if I had to choose between the two I would rather be poor, black and loved.

It seems to me like black people are being taught there is something wrong with being black which I think is wrong. If you are black do think if you were white that you would automatically hate black people? If I was black I hope I would not be expected to hate white people.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Working Poor again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    I don't think the drug war or the war on poverty are systemically racist. It's just that some people take the bait more than others.
    Ron Paul and the actual statistics disagree with you.

Last edited by jmdrake; 10-25-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

I don't know if you live in a big city or not, but people getting arrested for drug using or drug dealing is highly circumstantial. You can see it in the way drugs are dealt. Black drug dealers tend to deal on the street or be involved with gangs and many of them deal in their neighborhoods. That may not be the case with white drug dealers. Maybe white people are better at not getting caught? Just sayin. If I were a judge or prosecutor, I'd much rather lock away a drug dealer with obvious gang ties than some white kid from the suburbs caught in the ghetto trying to score some heroin.

Maybe you're not going to like this but Larry Elder refuted the point you're making on the Adam Carolla show. Maybe you believe him, maybe you don't. But the guy is black and grew up in Compton. Just sayin.

I don't know if you live in a big city or not, but people getting arrested for drug using or drug dealing is highly circumstantial. You can see it in the way drugs are dealt. Black drug dealers tend to deal on the street or be involved with gangs and many of them deal in their neighborhoods. That may not be the case with white drug dealers. Maybe white people are better at not getting caught? Just sayin. If I were a judge or prosecutor, I'd much rather lock away a drug dealer with obvious gang ties than some white kid from the suburbs caught in the ghetto trying to score some heroin.

Maybe you're not going to like this but Larry Elder refuted the point you're making on the Adam Carolla show. Maybe you believe him, maybe you don't. But the guy is black and grew up in Compton. Just sayin.
    I really don't give a flip about Larry Elder. According to Ron Paul, blacks use drugs at the same rates as white, are more likely to be arrested, once arrested are more likely to be prosecuted, once prosecuted are more likely to be convicted, once convicted are more likely to be imprisoned. So at every fvcking stage blacks get it worse. That's the point of the First Step Act which Rand Paul and Donald Trump both supported. It undid the 1994 crime bill that gave higher sentences for the drugs blacks tend to use (crack) over the drugs whites used (powdered cocaine). Note that now that the opioid crisis is mostly affecting whites, you have more white people pushing the idea of treatment over incarceration. But hay, maybe you think Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Donald Trump are all wrong on this issue. Fine. Ignorant position but fine.

Spend less time listening to Larry Elder and more time to Ron Paul

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Working Poor again.
    Covered for you.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

AMEN!
    There is no spoon.

I really don't give a flip about Larry Elder. According to Ron Paul, blacks use drugs at the same rates as white, are more likely to be arrested, once arrested are more likely to be prosecuted, once prosecuted are more likely to be convicted, once convicted are more likely to be imprisoned. So at every fvcking stage blacks get it worse. That's the point of the First Step Act which Rand Paul and Donald Trump both supported. It undid the 1994 crime bill that gave higher sentences for the drugs blacks tend to use (crack) over the drugs whites used (powdered cocaine). Note that now that the opioid crisis is mostly affecting whites, you have more white people pushing the idea of treatment over incarceration. But hay, maybe you think Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Donald Trump are all wrong on this issue. Fine. Ignorant position but fine.
    Look, my point is that statistics tell lies. Just because a policy affects one group more than another doesn't mean it's systemically racist, or racist at all. Social security is more likely to benefit whites than blacks. Why? Because white people have longer life expectancy. They collect for a longer period of time. Is social security morally wrong. Yeah. Same thing with the drug war. But is social security racist? No.

We can't look at all disparities, cite the statistics on how one group is more affected than another, then say that's systemic racism. Groups behave differently.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The WoD is run by the alphabets for Big Bucks. Most drug dealers are peeps who could never make a decent wage in the Land of the Free. If the WoD was abolished & drugs became "legal" there would be no street drug problems.
    There is no spoon.

And in both the case of South American crack/coke or ME heroin, who is right there protecting supply lines, running supply chains, corrupting local cops and covering the entry points, but our "brave" intelligence agencies. That point is not really apropos of anything, just wanted to make it once again.

As far as the opioid crisis goes, to tell the honest truth, I do not see much of a fuss being kicked up at all. Oh sure some politician will make say some platitudes, maybe a news story once in while...that's about it.

Same thing as the suicide "crisis".

Simple reason for that: both of those mostly kill white men.

And most of the system would like to see us dead anyway.

And in both the case of South American crack/coke or ME heroin, who is right there protecting supply lines, running supply chains, corrupting local cops and covering the entry points, but our "brave" intelligence agencies. That point is not really apropos of anything, just wanted to make it once again.

As far as the opioid crisis goes, to tell the honest truth, I do not see much of a fuss being kicked up at all. Oh sure some politician will make say some platitudes, maybe a news story once in while...that's about it.

The other "simple reason" is that it enriches Big Pharma.
    There is no spoon.

Look, my point is that statistics tell lies. Just because a policy affects one group more than another doesn't mean it's systemically racist, or racist at all. Social security is more likely to benefit whites than blacks. Why? Because white people have longer life expectancy. They collect for a longer period of time. Is social security morally wrong. Yeah. Same thing with the drug war. But is social security racist? No.

We can't look at all disparities, cite the statistics on how one group is more affected than another, then say that's systemic racism. Groups behave differently.
    LOL. Oh give me a freaking break! The "statistics tell lies" when the make the system look racist but the IQ statistics can't be questioned because they make blacks look dumb? Dude that hissing sound is your credibility draining away.

But okay, you want to go with anecdotes? I'll give you anecdotes.

Exhibit 1: Tulia Texas. In Tulia Texas one in ten of the black residents were arrested and convicted of drug charges on nothing but the word of one white cop who turns out had already been convicted of perjury. When the all white jurors were asked later about it they said "Well we just didn't think a cop would like."

https://www.aclu.org/other/racist-arrests-tulia-texas

Exhibit 2: Harvey Milk. When a white conservative San Francisco city councilman murdered Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office, they moved the trial to a conservative county thinking that they were more likely to give him the death penalty. The problem? They were more likely to SYMPATHIZE with him since he seemed so much like them. He won on what has now been called the "Twinkie defense." (Supposedly he was on a sugar high and that gave him diminished capacity.) One of the jurors later said "He seemed like such a nice man that there had to be SOME reason why he did what he did."

My point? People tend to given defendants a break based on how relatable the defendants are to them. You ever hear Larry Elder talk about Tulia Texas? Nope. Why? It destroys all his "What happens to black people are always their own fault" talking points. And yeah, it goes the other way too. The OJ jury related to him and were LESS likely to believe the word of a cop especially when it was shown he as racist.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-25-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Actually it's very on point.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nixon...b03a640a6bbda1
    Journalist Dan Baum wrote in the April cover story of Harper’s about how he interviewed Ehrlichman in 1994 while working on a book about drug prohibition. Ehrlichman provided some shockingly honest insight into the motives behind the drug war. From Harper’s:

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

And that's even before the whole "Let's use drugs to fund the contras" scandal that led to the obvious murder suicide of Gary Webb.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gary-...ance_n_5961748

Well...maybe. For a while all we seemed to hear about was the opioid crisis but it certainly has been overshadowed lately. As for suicide? That's mostly vets and of course the government doesn't want that story to gain traction. Public support for wars depends upon low casualty rates. That's why the stopped the practice of showing coffins when they came home or reading off the names of the soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. If vet suicide was counted in the deaths from war, how much higher would that number be?

Is Trump sincere?

This was the recording from Bob Woodward. The same recording where Trump said he knew COVID was serious but downplayed it because he didn't want to cause a panic. I don't know why Trump had that conversation, but trying to help his election chances doesn't seem to be it. So...I think he was being sincere.

LOL. Oh give me a freaking break! The "statistics tell lies" when is makes the system look racist but the IQ statistics can't be questioned because they make blacks look dumb? Dude that hissing sound is your credibility draining away.

But okay, you want to go with anecdotes? I'll give you anecdotes.

Exhibit 1: Tulia Texas. In Tulia Texas one in ten of the black residents were arrested and convicted of drug charges on nothing but the word of one white cop who turns out had already been convicted of perjury. When the all white jurors were asked later about it they said "Well we just didn't think a cop would like."

https://www.aclu.org/other/racist-arrests-tulia-texas

Exhibit 2: Harvey Milk. When a white conservative San Francisco city councilman murdered Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office, they moved the trial to a conservative county thinking that they were more likely to give him the death penalty. The problem? They were more likely to SYMPATHIZE with him since he seemed so much like them. He won on what has now been called the "Twinkie defense." (Supposedly he was on a sugar high and that gave him diminished capacity.) One of the jurors later said "He seemed like such a nice man that there had to be SOME reason why he did what he did."

My point? People tend to given defendants a break based on how relatable the defendants are to them. You ever hear Larry Elder talk about Tulia Texas? Nope. Why? It destroys all his "What happens to black people are always their own fault" talking points. And yeah, it goes the other way too. The OJ jury related to him and were LESS likely to believe the word of a cop especially when it was shown he as racist.
    How are the examples you cited systemic?

When I hear systemic, I think "built into" the system. When universities have diversity programs that will put specifically black students in front of asian and white students, that not some person acting on his or her own prejudice. It's a fukking policy. In other words, the system is designed to be prejudiced.

Anything can be used as a tool of racism. It doesn't mean the tool itself is racist.

It's okay though. Wokeness gets the best of us. Keep doing your thing man.

When I hear systemic, I think "built into" the system. When universities have diversity programs that will put specifically black students in front of asian and white students, that not some person acting on his or her own prejudice. It's a fukking policy. In other words, the system is designed to be prejudiced.

Anything can be used as a tool of racism. It doesn't mean the tool itself is racist.

It's okay though. Wokeness gets the best of us. Keep doing your thing man.
    So....the Nixon administration now admittedly launching the war on drugs to hurt black people, now admitted by the Nixon administration, is not a sign of systemic racism? Passing laws which criminalize the drugs blacks use more than whites is not systemic racism? Dude there's nothing wrong with being "woke." I became "woke" listing to Ron Paul. Apparently you didn't actually listen to Ron Paul. I became "woke" to the federal reserve system. I became "woke" to 9/11 prior to hearing about Paul. Stay sleep. You missed the r3volution. I've been on the forefront.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is Trump sincere?
    is he ever?

thanks for this reminder!

When I hear systemic, I think "built into" the system.
    Systemic doesn't mean intentional, but it does mean "built into" insofar as you cannot escape it once the system is in place.

The point of systemic racism is to point out the fact that the system nor its players need not be intentionally racist, but the system's results can do all the work as racism would want, without actually being specifically racist.