Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AZ - Unarmed man shot dead by cop for non-compliance

CA is correct.

So is Fish.

There was never a time when you might find yourself getting a "wood shampoo" from a cop fro no good reason.

But things now are without a doubt worse, due to CFC and military style training.

We are no longer citizens to be served and protected, even if it was only mouthing words in the past.

We are now threats to be neutralized, if we so much as twitch funny or exhibit the slightest "Contempt of Cop".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...not-complying/

Anti Federalist January 27, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Highlanderjuan asked:

“So, tell me – why are American cops so murderous in the 21st century when they were not so murderous in earlier time periods?”
    As I mentioned in a previous post: it is the result of the use of force guidelines being changed.

Twenty years ago cops were held to a “rules of engagement” or vertical force continuum that was less likely to result in deadly force being used right out of the gate. A cop was (in theory and legally anyway) only permitted to use whatever force was needed to stop a suspect from using force against them and achieve compliance. Simply put, if you used your fists a cop could a nightstick and no more.

That has all been thrown out the window post 9/11

The use of force continuum is now circular, with the cop in the center, and any and all means of force in a circle to choose from at any given time, as long as the magic phrase is uttered: “I feared for my safety”.

This has created the practical reality that means that cops can pretty much blow you away ANY TIME THEY FEEL LIKE IT, for little or no reason at all: “He twitched strangely and I feared for my safety – BOOM”

Why has this training been adopted?

Two reasons: the feds push it from the top, the better to manhandle us and push us around.

Second and more important: it is the deadly side of the “Cult of Safety”. Officer Safety trumps the life of any single Mundane. They are trained day and night that they are at war with us, that only their quick thinking and fast action will be what saves them every day.

Lawyers and the insurance mafia love this as well. Simply put, it is cheaper for the state to pay out whatever pittance they have to, to pay off a dead Mundane’s family, than it is to pay for the medical and disability claims of a privileged porker that threw his back out wrestling some suspect to the ground rather than just blowing him away.

This is a volatile and deadly combination, which is why you see more and more of these stories.

Your best defense is to avoid cops like the plague, have nothing to do with them, do not call them for any reason, and do everything in your power to get rid of them if they do encroach on your life, as annoying as it is don’t escalate or confront in any way, get them down the road and away from you.

MGTOW for cops.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I can tell you of several examples where the "peace officers" back then did NOT abuse people I knew (or me) and they did not.

It's my experience.
    Mine too,, I have not been abused by all of them.

but I have also learned to avoid the abuse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Mine too,, I have not been abused by all of them.

but I have also learned to avoid the abuse.
    lol, yeah it's often better to avoid a confrontation so that one might live to fight another day.

Former Mesa PD Officer Phillip Brailsford was rehired and then promptly fired with full pension of $31,000 a year, a million dollar payout over one's lifetime for killing unarmed father of two, Daniel Shaver.
    https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ph...tires-pension/
    July 11, 2019

Mesa cop fired, rehired and then retired with $31,000-a-year pension
    https://www.12news.com/article/news/...b-a96bf4d5172d
    Officer Philip Brailsford was terminated after shooting an unarmed businessman in a hotel. After jury acquittal, he was rehired so he could apply for disability.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Former Mesa PD Officer Phillip Brailsford was rehired and then promptly fired with full pension of $31,000 a year, a million dollar payout over one's lifetime for killing unarmed father of two, Daniel Shaver.
    https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ph...tires-pension/
    July 11, 2019

Mesa cop fired, rehired and then retired with $31,000-a-year pension
    https://www.12news.com/article/news/...b-a96bf4d5172d
    Can't blame the cop for any of that. Jury acquitted. Department rehired.

I don't know if it's true, but I read elsewhere that Brailsford declared bankruptcy to avoid being sued by the family. The one thing he asked to be exempted and protected as far as his assets was the AR-15 he used to commit the killing. His PTSD from the event is so bad he wants to keep the tool he used to do it with.

Will riots be forthcoming?

Daniel Shaver: Police officer not guilty of murder

A police officer charged with the murder of an unarmed man in the US state of Arizona has been found not guilty.

Philip Brailsford shot and killed 26-year-old Daniel Shaver in the hallway of a hotel in early 2016.

Bodycam footage of the incident, released after the verdict, showed Mr Shaver on his knees asking officers not to shoot him just before he was killed.

Mr Brailsford was acquitted of murder and a lesser manslaughter charge.

Mr Shaver was shot five times with a semi-automatic rifle as he crawled towards the officers, sobbing.

Prosecutors argued that the officer had responded appropriately, according to his training, when Mr Shaver reached towards his waistband - because he believed there was a concealed firearm there.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-ca...nwkhp5dOb0xF6I
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-29-2020 at 10:41 AM.

I am pretty jaded, but that video still both enrages me and breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I know this is a rhetorical question, but of course they won't. His death doesn't fit anybody's narrative. For the left it doesn't fit the narrative that police brutality is something that uniquely happens to white people. For the right it doesn't fit the narrative that the only reason people die at the hands of the police is because they bring it on themselves. @Anti Federalist and I talk about this all the time. When Rush Limbaugh was on the Breakfast Club he (Rush) mentioned that if what happened to George Floyd happened to a white person you wouldn't have heard about it. And that's true. But why doesn't he talk about it? Another rhetorical question.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    When Rush Limbaugh was on the Breakfast Club he (Rush) mentioned that if what happened to George Floyd happened to a white person you wouldn't have heard about it. And that's true. But why doesn't he talk about it? Another rhetorical question.
    BOOM! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Someone let me know if Rush ever starts routinely criticizing police for unjustly killing people (white, black or other) without having an ulterior motive for doing so. Until then, I will continue considering Limbaugh to be a cynical opportunist who doesn't really care about police brutality, and who is just cynically trying to score some points against the other "side" by pretending that he gives a damn about police-on-white brutality while they don't ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    BOOM! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Someone let me know if Rush ever starts routinely criticizing police for unjustly killing people (white, black or other) without having an ulterior motive for doing so. Until then, I will continue considering Limbaugh to be a cynical opportunist who doesn't really care about police brutality, and who is just cynically trying to score some points against the other "side" by pretending that he gives a damn about police-on-white brutality while they don't ...
    He doesn't...none of them (talking heads) ever did.

They were too busy copsucking, for whatever reason.

Had they started speaking up about this ten years ago, we might have been able to turn this around.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...not-complying/

posted by Anti Federalist January 27, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Highlanderjuan asked:

As I mentioned in a previous post: it is the result of the use of force guidelines being changed.

Twenty years ago cops were held to a “rules of engagement” or vertical force continuum that was less likely to result in deadly force being used right out of the gate. A cop was (in theory and legally anyway) only permitted to use whatever force was needed to stop a suspect from using force against them and achieve compliance. Simply put, if you used your fists a cop could a nightstick and no more.

That has all been thrown out the window post 9/11

The use of force continuum is now circular, with the cop in the center, and any and all means of force in a circle to choose from at any given time, as long as the magic phrase is uttered: “I feared for my safety”.

This has created the practical reality that means that cops can pretty much blow you away ANY TIME THEY FEEL LIKE IT, for little or no reason at all: “He twitched strangely and I feared for my safety – BOOM”

Why has this training been adopted?

Two reasons: the feds push it from the top, the better to manhandle us and push us around.

Second and more important: it is the deadly side of the “Cult of Safety”. Officer Safety trumps the life of any single Mundane. They are trained day and night that they are at war with us, that only their quick thinking and fast action will be what saves them every day.

Lawyers and the insurance mafia love this as well. Simply put, it is cheaper for the state to pay out whatever pittance they have to, to pay off a dead Mundane’s family, than it is to pay for the medical and disability claims of a privileged porker that threw his back out wrestling some suspect to the ground rather than just blowing him away.

This is a volatile and deadly combination, which is why you see more and more of these stories.

Your best defense is to avoid cops like the plague, have nothing to do with them, do not call them for any reason, and do everything in your power to get rid of them if they do encroach on your life, as annoying as it is don’t escalate or confront in any way, get them down the road and away from you.

MGTOW for cops.
    What that guy said.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-29-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Gainfully employed white man with a family, so do not expect to hear anything more about this either.

Granbury wife wants answers after husband shot by Arizona police

January 22, 2016

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...lice/79159608/

Laney Sweet is still talking about her husband in the present tense.

“He’s really funny, he’s really laid back,” she says. “He’s always the person to try and diffuse a situation, keep the peace.”

She says it’s nearly impossible to wrap her head around the notion that 26-year-old Daniel Shaver of Granbury, the father of her girls, is gone.

He was shot and killed by a police officer Monday night at a La Quinta Inn in Mesa, Arizona, where he was staying for work.

“That’s what I keep saying,” Sweet says. “This is not my life, this is not my life. I’m 24. My husband’s gone. I’ve got two kids.”

[...]
    https://twitter.com/ThaddeusRussell/...25696660094976

I'll try to remember to post this Laney Sweet interview here when it becomes available.

Unregistered podcast (YouTube channel)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I'll try to remember to post this Laney Sweet interview here when it becomes available.

Holy $#@!. First I've seen this one. What The $#@! Did I just watch.

The cop literally said "if you make even the slightest mistake with these [numerous & ambiguous] instructions I'm gonna unload on you".

The rest of the video is like a horror film just waiting for the dude to make a mistake. (which of course he does, and then gets unloaded on as promised)

Not only was the cop found no guilty, he was given a medical retirement & pension based on the "PTSD" of shooting this dude.

But he's white so it doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Say his name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Holy $#@!. First I've seen this one. What The $#@! Did I just watch.

The cop literally said "if you make even the slightest mistake with these [numerous & ambiguous] instructions I'm gonna unload on you".

The rest of the video is like a horror film just waiting for the dude to make a mistake. (which of course he does, and then gets unloaded on as promised)

Not only was the cop found no guilty, he was given a medical retirement & pension based on the "PTSD" of shooting this dude.

But he's white so it doesn't matter. Nothing to see here.
    https://twitter.com/lockoutdays/stat...62102755135489
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-29-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    If I am ever in a situation like this I hope I remember what happened here. If I do remember it I think I will lay face down hands outstretched and simply scream that I am unable to move.
    Screaming is an act of aggression. You just got shot. Try again!

My advice, is to stay perfectly still with your hands outstretch, and respond to every command with "Yes, sir!". But do not move. Ever. Wait for the cop to get frustrated - but not too frustrated - and then respond to the next command with "I am deaf, sir, can you please provide written instructions, sir!"

It hasn't been fully tested but I think this is the 100% fool-proof way to not get shot during a police encounter.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Unregistered 164: Laney Sweet

I was honored to be joined by Laney Sweet, whose husband Daniel Shaver was shot to death by a Mesa, Arizona police officer in 2016. The officer was acquitted of murder and is now receiving a pension from the Mesa Police Department. To do this date, Laney has received no financial compensation from Mesa or any other government entity. If we’re ever going to have a national movement that will meaningfully reform the criminal justice system, we will need to listen to people like Laney Sweet and we will need to make people like Daniel Shaver as famous as George Floyd.

Laney’s GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-daniel-shaver

[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_z0o_QVhBc

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unregistered 164: Laney Sweet

I was honored to be joined by Laney Sweet, whose husband Daniel Shaver was shot to death by a Mesa, Arizona police officer in 2016. The officer was acquitted of murder and is now receiving a pension from the Mesa Police Department. To do this date, Laney has received no financial compensation from Mesa or any other government entity. If we’re ever going to have a national movement that will meaningfully reform the criminal justice system, we will need to listen to people like Laney Sweet and we will need to make people like Daniel Shaver as famous as George Floyd.

Laney’s GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-daniel-shaver

[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_z0o_QVhBc
    The bastards age-restricted the video. Here's a link you can use without having to log in to YouTube:

https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watchmore?v=r_z0o_QVhBc

And here's a clip that hasn't been age-restricted (yet):
    Daniel Shaver's Widow Discusses The Day Of His Murder
    Laney Sweet discusses, from her perspective, the events of the day that her husband Daniel Shaver was killed by Mesa, Arizona police.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBJjoacR4U

Another clip:

Who Was Daniel Shaver?
    Daniel Shaver’s widow Laney Sweet talks about the kind of person Daniel was and why his killing by Mesa, Arizona police is so difficult to come to terms with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65i2Qyox8ik

Another clip:

Laney Sweet Talks About Getting Justice For Daniel Shaver
    Laney Sweet discusses what it means to have justice served, the Mesa Police Department and public’s response to her husband Daniel Shaver’s shooting, and what it’s like to pursue a lawsuit against a powerful institution.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnyWPajlkY

Another clip:

Laney Sweet Talks About The Process of Healing Through Grief
    Laney Sweet talks about what it takes as a widow to summon the courage to speak to others who have just lost a loved one and how to connect through the experience of grief.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsR_ZlR5BiA

8 million.

That's what Shaver's life was worth to his wife, according to the system.

The Arizona Republic reports that the town of Mesa, Arizona, reached an $8 million settlement last week with the widow of Daniel Shaver. Shaver is the unarmed man who was fatally shot while crawling down a hallway on his hands and knees toward police officers, begging them not to shoot him.

In January 2016, Mesa police responded to a report of a man pointing a rifle out of a hotel window. It was in fact Shaver showing a pellet gun that he used at his exterminator job to a couple other hotel guests in his room.

Police ordered Shaver out of the hotel room and onto the ground, with his hands behind his head. But instead of handcuffing Shaver, officers—bizarrely—started barking confusing and contradictory orders at him to crawl toward them. As a clearly terrified and drunk Shaver tried to crawl toward the police, he appeared to reach toward his waistband to pull up his sagging shorts. A Mesa officer, Philip Mitchell Brailsford, shot Shaver five times with an AR-15, killing him.

The incident was part of a string of deadly police shootings of unarmed men caught on camera, including the killings of Philando Castille and Michael Slager. Shaver's death brought national media attention and bipartisan outrage to Mesa. As David French wrote in National Review, "I have seen soldiers deal with al Qaeda terrorists with more professionalism and poise."

This is the second large lawsuit settlement Mesa has paid out for Shaver's death. According to the Arizona Republic, the town paid Shaver's parents $1.5 million in a separate lawsuit.

https://vidmax.com/video/216318-ariz...police-anyways

These municipalities and government bodies are more than happy to pay their hunting fees.

Take the check........we're even now.

Seven years ago today.

Seven years ago today.

https://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/...05887239180288

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seven years ago today.

Wow. Seven years already?

Had enough yet?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Wow. Seven years already?

Had enough yet?
    Coming up on the 12-year anniversary (May 5th) of the murder of Jose Guerena.

Coming up on the 12-year anniversary (May 5th) of the murder of Jose Guerena.

And we STILL just lie back and take it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Seven years ago today.

Eight years ago today.

RIP Daniel Shaver

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucusPA/...82351203483735

https://twitter.com/LPPAorg/status/1748181558668759151

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456