Thread: Right to Protest Diminished

Right to Protest Diminished

Suppose several popular people want to organize a shed the mask protest. They can no longer do it. No social media will allow them to advertise their protest.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Time for people all over the country to start bonfires where they throw their mask into it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Time for people all over the country to start bonfires where they throw their mask into it.
    Lol - I'd have to go buy one in order to throw one in.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol - I'd have to go buy one in order to throw one in.
    I commend you for going on so long without not wearing a mask.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I commend you for going on so long without not wearing a mask.
    To be fair, I had to wear one twice.

Once I went to the doctor's office for a check-up and they gave me a disposable. (seemed reasonable at a doctor's office)
    Another time, I went to a funeral in PA. There were elderly family members there and a cousin gave me a mask to wear to go in. I'm not a dick.

But yeah, I've gotten some looks, but no one has approached me for not wearing one. I even drove across the country and back in early fall. 17 states. Got to see the amazing differences when you cross state lines. Also got to see the differences in cities and rural areas. Apparently, the virus can't figure out how to cross rivers or imaginary borders.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Suppose several popular people want to organize a shed the mask protest. They can no longer do it. No social media will allow them to advertise their protest.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1078848462573343/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1442975969240126/

There will be ongoing Protests.. This weekend and next.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://www.facebook.com/events/3555937457824840/

Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12 PM PST

1500 Jefferson St SE, Olympia, WA 98501-2355, United States
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Thanks! I would be willing to bet that if they tried to organize a mask burning and or commit to not use the mask again campaign, it would not stay up. If it only is seen by a small group of "members" that will not be enough for social change.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks! I would be willing to bet that if they tried to organize a mask burning and or commit to not use the mask again campaign, it would not stay up. If it only is seen by a small group of "members" that will not be enough for social change.
    You must not have seen the previous Rallies.
    https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-Mt6Gz8/
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    To be fair, I had to wear one twice.

Once I went to the doctor's office for a check-up and they gave me a disposable. (seemed reasonable at a doctor's office)
    Another time, I went to a funeral in PA. There were elderly family members there and a cousin gave me a mask to wear to go in. I'm not a dick.

But yeah, I've gotten some looks, but no one has approached me for not wearing one. I even drove across the country and back in early fall. 17 states. Got to see the amazing differences when you cross state lines. Also got to see the differences in cities and rural areas. Apparently, the virus can't figure out how to cross rivers or imaginary borders.
    I try to not wear one as well when I know I can get away with it, but there are times where it's completely unavoidable. My gym recently updated their policies as of yesterday saying that people must be wearing their masks at all times, even when you are working out. They also said they are no longer honoring mask exemptions, so saying you can't wear one because of a medical condition isn't going to fly with them. Now I have to contemplate on whether or not I should continue cancel my membership or not.

Calvin Coolidge

I try to not wear one as well when I know I can get away with it, but there are times where it's completely unavoidable. My gym recently updated their policies as of yesterday saying that people must be wearing their masks at all times, even when you are working out. They also said they are no longer honoring mask exemptions, so saying you can't wear one because of a medical condition isn't going to fly with them. Now I have to contemplate on whether or not I should continue cancel my membership or not.
    So, are they really going to enforce it? I'm in Ohio and there are all sorts of "rules" - I just don't pay attention to them. If they do confront you, can you tell them you already had it and have the antibodies? So you can't catch it or give it to anyone else? I mean, there are already 11 million people who are "confirmed" survivors - no telling how many are unconfirmed.

If they push it, I'd just ask for a full prorated refund since that wasn't what you signed up for.

(and seriously, I'd be willing to bet that anyone who is in a gym in November probably has a good enough immune system to fight off the virus, anyway. January might be a different story.)

Better not even talk about it in some places - or else:

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...57988011020288
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Looks like I have until 11:59 pm for him to suck my cock.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-20-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dial-back-open-closed-003-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	7823
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.