Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Postcards from the Clown Show

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    (4) wish for the rousing of Cthulhu from his slumber so that he can come forth and devour the screaming souls of all mankind because swift destruction by the Sweet Meteor o' Death is just too good for them
    LMAO!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Merrick Garland: Portland Riots May Not Be ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Because Courthouse Was Closed

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...urthouse-riot/

Joel B. Pollak 22 Feb 2021

Judge Merrick Garland told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday that Antifa’s attacks on the U.S. courthouse in Portland last year may not have been “domestic terrorism,” because unlike the Capitol riot, they took place at night when the court was not “in operation.”

Garland, who is President Joe Biden’s nominee for U.S. Attorney General, was questioned at his confirmation hearing by Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO):

Sen. Hawley: Let me ask you about assaults on federal property in places other than Washington, DC — Portland, for instance, Seattle. Do you regard assaults on federal courthouses or other federal property as acts of domestic extremism, domestic terrorism?

Judge Garland: Well, Senator, my own definition, which is about the same as the statutory definition, is the use of violence or threats of violence in attempt to disrupt the democratic processes. So an attack on a courthouse, while in operation, trying to prevent judges from actually deciding cases, that plainly is domestic extremism, domestic terrorism. An attack simply on a government property at night, or any other kind of circumstances, is a clear crime and a serious one, and should be punished. I don’t know enough about the facts of the example you’re talking about. But that’s where I draw the line. One is — both are criminal, but one is a core attack on our democratic institutions.

Last August, then-Attorney General William Barr described the attacks on the courthouse:

Behind the veil of “protests,” highly organized violent operators have carried out direct attacks on federal personnel and property, particularly the federal courthouse in Portland. Shielded by the crowds, which make it difficult for law enforcement to detect or reach them, violent opportunists in Portland have attacked the courthouse and federal officers with explosives, lasers, projectiles, and other dangerous devices. In some cases, purported “journalists” or “legal observers” have provided cover for the violent offenders; in others, individuals wearing supposed press badges have themselves attacked law enforcement or trespassed on federal property. More than 200 federal officers have been injured in Portland alone.

The riots resulted in the front of the courthouse being boarded up; the destruction of security equipment protecting the courthouse; and the breaking of windows in the offices of federal prosecutors.

Garland cited the domestic terrorism statute, which defines “domestic terrorism” as follows (18 USC § 2331):

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that— (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

Notably, the statute does not confine acts of domestic terrorism to working hours.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Allow me to translate two pages of the very worst sort of government/corporate/legalese bull$#@!:

Don't hire too many white people, or we'll take away your executive bonuses.

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corp...-ambition.html

February 18, 2021
    Allyship through Accountability

At McDonald’s, our strategy for the future is built on a simple idea: When we live our values, we succeed.

Our values are the backbone of our brand and the driving force behind every decision we make. They’re reflected in every feel-good moment we create. But there’s one value – inclusion – that is so foundational, so central to who we are and what we aspire to be, that it makes all our other values possible.

Our early leaders envisioned McDonald’s as a place of opportunity – where Owner/Operators could build successful businesses, employees could launch rewarding careers, and anyone, anywhere, could get a delicious meal and a reliably great experience. No matter where you are in the world, when you interact with McDonald’s – through the app, in a restaurant, by watching a commercial, working in an office setting or as a crew member – inclusion and equity should be as evident and familiar as the Arches themselves.

While we’re proud of the steps we’ve taken to ensure this so far, we know we still have a lot of work to do. With a corporation as complex as ours, we know that change won’t happen overnight. But we’re not using our size or our structure as an excuse.

That’s why, for the first time in our history, we’re implementing policies that hold our leaders directly accountable for making tangible progress on our DEI goals:

Allyship through accountability: Beginning in 2021, the Company is incorporating quantitative human capital management-related metrics to annual incentive compensation for its Executive Vice Presidents. In addition to the Company’s financial performance, executives will be measured on their ability to champion our core values, improve representation within leadership roles for both women and historically underrepresented groups, and create a strong culture of inclusion within the Company.

Represent the diverse communities in which we operate by increasing the diversity of our Leadership: By end of 2025, McDonald’s expects to increase representation of historically underrepresented groups in leadership roles (Senior Director and above) located in the U.S. to 35%. The 2020 baseline data shows underrepresented groups make up 29% of leadership roles. Additionally, by end of 2025, McDonald’s expects to increase representation of women in leadership roles globally (Senior Director and above) to 45%. The 2020 baseline data shows women make up 37% of leadership roles.

This effort in support of women in leadership builds on our publicly stated 2019 Gender Strategy to improve the representation of women at all levels of the Company by 2023, while also achieving gender equality in career advancement and championing the impact of women on the business.

McDonald’s has an overall goal to reach gender parity in leadership roles (Senior Director and above) by the end of 2030. McDonald’s defines gender parity using the UN Women Training Centre definition as another term for equal representation of women and men in a given area. To set these goals, we leveraged data to understand where we are currently, and where we want to be in the future. This included a review of internal and external data, including labor and census talent availability statistics, industry EEO-1 data, consumer insights, customer trends, and expected demographics changes in the next 10 years.

Each member of the senior leadership team – Executive Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents – will also work collaboratively with McDonald’s Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer Reggie Miller and his team to build an action plan to move the needle on these commitments within their respective function that includes, but isn’t limited to:

Active engagement with internal and external diversity groups,
    Internal sentiment measurement via our "Inclusion Index" – which has been designed to measure the critical components of building an inclusive culture – including whether our employees feel that they can bring their “whole” selves to work and have equal opportunities. This survey measure is provided to all of our Global Staff employees from our Corporate Office, U.S. and International markets. McDonald’s aims to measure inclusion every six months to monitor our progress and identify areas of opportunity.
    Mentorship and sponsorship relationships with more junior women or underrepresented groups, and
    Creating diverse candidate slates for all open Officer roles.

To read President and CEO Chris Kempczinski’s message to the company on these accountability measures, click here. More information about the Company’s diversity, equity and inclusion actions and progress can be found here.

Because accountability to move the needle on inclusion and equity sits across not just the Company, but throughout our supply chain and franchisee relationships, we’ve assembled working teams to go deep within our business and create innovative action plans. Since July of last year, these teams have been tasked with developing and supporting specific roadmaps to bring our DEI strategy to life and accelerate change. You’ll hear more regarding these plans throughout 2021.

We know there’s a lot of work ahead, but it is work we welcome. Few companies on the planet are better positioned to make a difference than McDonald’s. We feed more people, reach more markets, and operate in more communities than any other restaurant company in the world.

When we harness our scale to change the system, there’s simply no telling how much of an impact we can make – and this is just the beginning.

I want my $#@!ing country back.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I want my $#@!ing country back.

Mary Ryan is a raciss. She don't date black boys.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-22-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I wonder if theres a handbook that explicitly explains what each and every one of these categories means.
    The Polygender one caught my eye... I'm pretty sure that has to do with parrots who are confused about their gender.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"If there were riots here, I'd get my gun" = "You fantasize about killing BIPOC" ...

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/statu...70851494912006
    // tweet no longer available

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:44 AM.

Why your swipes on Hinge and OKCupid might be racist
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/19/heres-...n-dating-apps/
    Asia Grace (19 February 2021)

The authors of a new book are arguing for race-blind dating apps — and the removal of filters for race and ethnicity.

Finding love, they say, isn’t so black-and-white.

In a new book, “The Dating Divide: Race and Desire in the Era of Online Romance,” sociologists Jennifer Lundquist, Celeste Vaughan Curington and Ken Hou-Lin show how online dating sites exacerbate racial divisions.

They found that race-related “preference” filters on digital dating platforms help foster racist attitudes — especially toward black women.

“Filtering out people based on race is a normal practice on dating apps,” Lundquist told The Post.

“The idea of having racial preferences is unacceptable and illegal in any other arena,” she added. “But it’s literally built into the structure of these dating apps.”

[...]

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:45 AM.

h/t @Danke.

He's me go to guy, now that POWM seems to have gone tits up.

Rachel Madcow isn't fooling anyone with her pink hair and fake pink glasses. Clark Kent = Superman? Alex Jones = Bill Hicks? Rachel Madcow = Xeni Jardin.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

YouTube's AI blocks channel after allegedly mistaking discussions about CHESS pieces being 'black' and 'white' for racist slurs
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-strategy.html

• Chess YouTuber Antonio Radic's channel was blocked for 'harmful' content
    • Radic thinks his discussion of 'black versus white' in chess strategy set off the AI
    • Researchers tested AI software 680,000 comments on YouTube chess channels
    • Over 80 percent of comments marked as hate speech were incorrectly flagged
    • Terms like 'black,' 'white,' 'attack' and 'threat' seemed to have set off the filters
    In chess white always gets to go first. Just saying.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newspeak update: the word "supremacy" is now problematic.

Please adjust your rhetoric & vocabulary magical incantations accordingly.

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1363257042182557696
    What quantum supremacy REALLY means:

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:46 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

‘The Simpsons’ Finds Black Actor to Replace Harry Shearer as Voice of Dr. Hibbert

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...of-dr-hibbert/

David Ng 22 Feb 2021

Fox’s The Simpsons has found a black actor to replace Harry Shearer as the voice of Dr. Julius Hibbert. Actor Kevin Michael Richardson will now voice the role of Dr. Hibbert following Shearer’s final performance as the Simpson’s family physician on Sunday night’s episode, according to multiple reports.

The re-casting comes after Fox said last year that it would no longer allow white actors to voice non-white characters on the long-running primetime animated show. The decision was part of Hollywood’s larger effort to crack down on content that might be deemed offensive or racist in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests and riots that were taking place in cities across the country.

Gay Campground Faces Backlash for Banning Transgender Men: ‘Only Guys’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...men-only-guys/

Hannah Bleau 22 Feb 2021

Transgender activists are slamming a campground for gay men because it is excluding women who say they are transgender men.

Owners of Camp Boomerang RV Park and Campground, a new, private gay campground in Orleans, Michigan, made it clear that the campground is for men only, effectively banning transgender men — biological females who consider themselves males.

“Camp Boomerang is a private, membership-only rv park/campground that allows only ‘guys,'” Camp Boomerang cofounder Bryan Quinn wrote, defining “guy” as “a person with a penis” who “presents himself as male and has a state-issued ID that says ‘male.'”

“We understand this statement, unfortunately, may not make everyone happy, but feel it needs to be clarified,” Quinn continued, defending the campground’s decision, as it exists as a “private membership-only entity.”

“It is our hope that everyone who visits Camp Boomerang enjoys a comfortable, safe, non-confrontational environment going forward,” he said. “Being a ‘private membership-only’ entity allows us the ability to build a like-minded atmosphere,” Quinn said.

The statement from the new campground drew heavy backlash on social media, with transgender activists accusing the owners of acting in a blatantly “transphobic” manner by barring biological women from the private campground.

“Since I seem to have a good platform on here, wanted to bring this to attention to gays in the Michigan and Midwest area about a campground opening up here next year,” one Twitter user wrote, urging people to “not go there” as the owner “will not allow trans men in as I finally got it in written proof of the rules.”

“A PSA about the new gay camp ground [sic] in Michigan. Their terms are transphobic and disgusting,” one user wrote on Facebook.

“In our community we fight for each others [sic] rights and we stand together! We cannot allow for this type of exclusion and frankly it makes me so sick! Please DO NOT support Camp Boomerang RV Park & Campground,” another user begged, blasting them for a “lack of empathy and understanding for Trans Men.”

Another user called for a boycott of what he described as “Gay Male focused Establishments” for their “prejudicial policies against Our Trans Brothers.”

“Hate is hate. Period,” the user said.

“We never said anything about ‘penis checks’, but let’s be real here… if we let [transgender] men in, and they go naked at the pool, that’s when it’s obvious that there’s no penis,” the camp owner said in a Facebook post. “Sorry to put it bluntly. But if you don’t like the rules, quietly leave,” he said.

While radical transgender activists contend that the move is discriminatory, it is all biological women — not just transgender men — who are not permitted.

The outrage comes as feminists condemn President Biden for embracing policies that remove “any legal recognition of the two sexes and eliminates crucial protections for women in the federal government and beyond,” effectively erasing women, as Breitbart News detailed.

Biden has called on Congress to “swiftly” pass the Equality Act, which the House is expected to vote on this week.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Gay Campground Faces Backlash for Banning Transgender Men: ‘Only Guys’
    When your 'special interest' group isn't so 'special' anymore.

And, this time, no crossing your fingers behind your back!

Navy ordering all sailors to re-swear oath to constitution in extremism stand-down

Over the weekend, the U.S. Navy ordered all of its personnel to retake their oaths of service as part of an ongoing extremism stand-down period.

Chief of Naval Personnel Vice Adm. John Nowell Jr. announced the service-wide plan in an administrative message on Sunday. Commanders are permitted to tailor their messages to their specific commands, but at minimum, they must have all Navy personnel, uniformed and civilian, participate in a “group re-administration and reaffirmation of the oath of office/oath of enlistment” and review “actions that betray the oaths.”

“As public servants, we took an oath to the Constitution and we will not tolerate those who participate in actions that go against the fundamental principles of the oath we share, particularly actions associated with extremist or dissident ideologies,” Nowell’s message reads. “Service members, Department of Defense civilians and all those who support our mission, are entitled to an environment free of discrimination, hate and harassment.”
    https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...OcmC0t1kQblDRI

“Service members, Department of Defense civilians and all those who support our mission, are entitled to an environment free of discrimination, hate and harassment.”
    This guy's a real winner.

Where's it say that in the Constitution?

You know what it does say, ya dizzy bastard?

That you have an absolute right, and government shall make no law prohibiting, your ability to speak, to write, to say and to gather with others, whenever, whatever and wherever you want.

How about a nice cigar with just a blue or pink band on it?

Dad-To-Be Killed In Gender Reveal Explosion

A New York man died Sunday in an explosion after a device he was building for his baby’s upcoming gender reveal party accidentally detonated, police said.

The explosion killed soon-to-be father Chris Pekny, 28, of Liberty, and injured his younger brother, Major James C. Michael of the New York State Police said in a statement.
    https://www.lacortenews.com/n/dad-to...veal-explosion

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This guy's a real winner.

Where's it say that in the Constitution?

You know what it does say, ya dizzy bastard?

That you have an absolute right, and government shall make no law prohibiting, your ability to speak, to write, to say and to gather with others, whenever, whatever and wherever you want.
    I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. if these orders do not contravene the limitations on the Federal Government expressed in the Constitution. So help me God.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-23-2021 at 02:03 PM.

The Constitution doesn't prohibit laws against libel, slander, or inciting a riot, and it most certainly doesn't prohibit laws against gathering together and storming the Capitol.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Da man keeping me down....

Madonna, Worth Reported $850 Million, Says She’s Victim Of ‘The Patriarchy’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/madon...edia-slams-her

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How about a nice cigar with just a blue or pink band on it?

Dad-To-Be Killed In Gender Reveal Explosion

A New York man died Sunday in an explosion after a device he was building for his baby’s upcoming gender reveal party accidentally detonated, police said.

The explosion killed soon-to-be father Chris Pekny, 28, of Liberty, and injured his younger brother, Major James C. Michael of the New York State Police said in a statement.
    https://www.lacortenews.com/n/dad-to...veal-explosion
    Geez. The least these chumps could've done was set New York on fire for us. Amateurs.

FTA:
    A gender-reveal pyrotechnic device is also believed to have caused a September 2020 wildfire in California that burned more than 7,000 acres of land.
    What's the over/under on the Feds adding gender-reveal parties to the ATF's purview?

BATFE BATFEGRP hasn't had a good Waco-ing in a while ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-23-2021 at 04:06 PM.

I didn’t think genders were revealed until 6 or 7 when the kid develops the maturity to decide.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://twitter.com/CHSommers/status...32620281225229

FTA (bold emphasis added): https://mailchi.mp/newton.k12.ma.us/...update-5136796

“A disturbing, serious and painful matter happened on January 29 at Brown Middle School that is really important for our community to understand and be aware of what took place. One of our terrific staff members of color, who has done amazing work preparing for black history month, working with students for several years and supporting staff in our anti-racism work has received in his mailbox something written that said in stickers and capitals “ALM,” which stands for “All Lives Matter.” To be clear, that is a direct attack on a staff member who’s doing terrific work, who supports our antiracism work, and an attack on Black Lives Matter and our whole community in the values we hold dear. The Newton Police were notified immediately and are investigating.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:54 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

https://twitter.com/CHSommers/status...32620281225229

FTA (bold emphasis added): https://mailchi.mp/newton.k12.ma.us/...update-5136796

“A disturbing, serious and painful matter happened on January 29 at Brown Middle School that is really important for our community to understand and be aware of what took place. One of our terrific staff members of color, who has done amazing work preparing for black history month, working with students for several years and supporting staff in our anti-racism work has received in his mailbox something written that said in stickers and capitals “ALM,” which stands for “All Lives Matter.” To be clear, that is a direct attack on a staff member who’s doing terrific work, who supports our antiracism work, and an attack on Black Lives Matter and our whole community in the values we hold dear. The Newton Police were notified immediately and are investigating.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:54 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:53 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The Polygender one caught my eye... I'm pretty sure that has to do with parrots who are confused about their gender.
    I think it is people who identify as a parrot.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think it is people who identify as a parrot.
    So ehhh... parrot is another gender?

Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast