Thread: Rand Paul turns the tables on Chuck Schumer, demands his impeachment...

Rand Paul turns the tables on Chuck Schumer, demands his impeachment...

Republican Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) declared Sunday that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) should be impeached if the standard Democrats are applying against former President Donald Trump is applied equally to all politicians in positions of leadership.

Last spring, as the Supreme Court was preparing to hear oral arguments in a monumental case that could have significantly impacted abortion rights in the U.S., Schumer spoke out against Supreme Court Associated Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh using inflammatory language.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price," Schumer said at a pro-abortion rally. "You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

In response, Supreme Court Chief Justice spoke out against Schumer in a rare and extraordinary statement, condemning the New York Democrat for "dangerous" rhetoric.

Roberts said, in part:

Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All members of the court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter.
    Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Paul said that if Congress applied Democrats' impeachment standard fairly, Schumer should also be impeached and put on trial by the Senate.

Trump's second impeachment trial begins on Tuesday. The House impeached him last month for "incitement of insurrection," claiming Trump's allegations of a "rigged" or "stolen" violence incited the deadly violence at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

"If we're going to criminalize speech, and somehow impeach everybody who says, 'Go fight to hear your voices heard,' I mean really we ought to impeach Chuck Schumer then," Paul said.

"He went to the Supreme Court, stood in front of the Supreme Court and said specifically, 'Hey Gorsuch, Hey Kavanaugh, you've unleashed a whirlwind. And you're going to pay the price,'" Paul continued. "This inflammatory wording, this violent rhetoric of Chuck Schumer was so bad that the chief justice, who rarely says anything publicly, immediately said this kind of language is dangerous as a mob tried to invade the Supreme Court."

But, Paul continued, Democrats won't hold Schumer or other Democratic lawmakers accountable for their inflammatory rhetoric, citing Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

"If people want to hold President Trump accountable for language, there has to be a consistent standard and to my mind it's a partisan farce because they're not doing anything to Chuck Schumer, not doing anything to Rep. Omar, not doing anything to Maxine Waters. It's just not fair. It's just partisan politics under a different name," Paul said.

The Kentucky senator went on to predict that Trump's defense team will use the words of Democratic lawmakers against them during Trump's Senate trial.

"If you're going to criminalize his speech, you have to do it with the same standard. You can't just criminalize Republican speech and ignore all the Democrats who have incited violence," Paul said.

"The thing is we can't just have a double standard. Both parties have to be treated the same," he continued. "I think Democrats had any bit of self-reflection, they would be saying this is a really terrible idea."
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/rand-p...er-impeachment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too bad no Democrat is going to have the balls to vote to impeach.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Too bad no Democrat is going to have the balls to vote to impeach.
    I can't wait to see the Lefts incendiary rhetoric thrown back in their faces. Methinks that this was a blunder.

Schumer threatened supreme court justices and got by with it . Much more criminal than anything trump did .
    Do something Danke

Rand should write it up - Article of Impeachment.

They dont even bother to try and hide it anymore . They are special you are not .
    Do something Danke

Reaping the whirlwind is considered to be protective weather modification by the 'journalists' at Time magazine, so it's all good.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I can already see the Trump 2024 Campaign Slogan.

"I'm rubber you're glue,
    whatever you say
    bounces off of me
    and sticks to you!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

"I'm rubber you're glue,
    whatever you say
    bounces off of me
    and sticks to you!"
    Trump won't run in 2024, but I do imagine Democrats will spend the next four years taunting him into running again.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The House impeached him last month for "incitement of insurrection," claiming Trump's allegations of a "rigged" or "stolen" election incited the deadly violence at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6
    The only person that was killed, was an unarmed white woman shot dead by cops, Ashli Babbit.

The other four people who died, died from strokes and heart attacks.

This is from wiki:

Seriously?
    The 1954 United States Capitol shooting was a terrorist attack on March 1, 1954, by four Puerto Rican nationalists wanting Puerto Rico's independence from US rule. They shot 30 rounds from semi-automatic pistols from the Ladies' Gallery (a balcony for visitors) of the House of Representatives chamber in the United States Capitol.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Imagine thinking that pointing out the left's hypocrisy will get you anywhere.

Of course they have double standards. Of course they are hypocrites. However, they consistently win.

But hey, when we are all starving in the leftist authoritarian gulags, at least we can say we stood on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Imagine thinking that pointing out the left's hypocrisy will get you anywhere.

Of course they have double standards. Of course they are hypocrites. However, they consistently win.

But hey, when we are all starving in the leftist authoritarian gulags, at least we can say we stood on principle.
    Yep, they don't care about hypocrisy. It's just not a concern of theirs.

They will do as they will, to get their way.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So impeach Schumer too. Just because he did it too doesn't make what Trump did ok. Trump spent months working all those idiots into a frenzy. He is absolutely complicit in what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So impeach Schumer too. Just because he did it too doesn't make what Trump did ok. Trump spent months working all those idiots into a frenzy. He is absolutely complicit in what happened.
    What exactly did he do? Claim there was election fraud?

Even if the election wasn't stolen (which it was), what the $#@! do you have against free speech?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Let's grant that he really was responsible for 1/6: if they were being honest, they'd be giving Trump some kind of "Hero of the Left" award, rather than an impeachment show trial.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apples and oranges. Trump was impeached for inciting an insurrection. Schumer didn't incite anything except the expulsion of a lot of hot air.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Apples and oranges. Trump was impeached for inciting an insurrection. Schumer didn't incite anything except the expulsion of a lot of hot air.
    Guess you forgot them storming the Supreme Court Building and pounding on the doors, and the bomb threats.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...t-and-the-mob/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rand should write it up - Article of Impeachment.
    No.

Impeaching people for the crime of speaking figuratively, is $#@!ing stupid.

Rand knows this, and any reasonable person knows this.

The leftists (including some on this forum), are not reasonable.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Guess you forgot them storming the Supreme Court Building and pounding on the doors, and the bomb threats.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...t-and-the-mob/
    The pounding on the doors of the Supreme Court occurred in October 2018, 17 months before Schumer's speech. The bomb threat occurred last month, ten and a half months after Schumer's speech.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 02-08-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

The pounding on the doors of the Supreme Court occurred in October 2018, 17 months before Schumer's speech. The bomb threat occurred last month, ten and a half months after Schumer's speech.
    According to the commie logic; Schumer and the Liberals incited all these things.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No.

Impeaching people for the crime of speaking figuratively, is $#@!ing stupid.

Rand knows this, and any reasonable person knows this.

The leftists (including some on this forum), are not reasonable.
    I agree that it is stupid but this is war. Are we to basically just let the Dems steam roll over everyone with no fear of reprisal. At least dangle the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I agree that it is stupid but this is war. Are we to basically just let the Dems steam roll over everyone with no fear of reprisal. At least dangle the threat.
    We should be highlighting our differences, not trying to be like them.

Separate, or die.
    - Kim Kardashian

"I'm rubber you're glue,
    whatever you say
    bounces off of me
    and sticks to you!"
    Make it the Rand 2024 Campaign slogan and I'm with you! Rand is running.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Make it the Rand 2024 Campaign slogan and I'm with you! Rand is running.
    I doubt Rand will. He just didn't seem to have any enthusiasm about his last run. He doesn't like the ring kissing for donations, etc...

What is this disingenuous garbage? You're not seriously ignoring the outrageous rhetoric employed by the left during the Kavanaugh hearings as contributory to the mob scene at SCOTUS in October of 2018, are you?

Vilify Trump all you like - you'll get no argument from me. Swing him from a lamp pole, for all I care. But let's not pretend that the left hasn't engaged in far more blatant and egregious rhetoric than his 1/6 speech, or even anything leading up to it. You're either not paying attention, or you're a f**king liar. Take your pick. Neither is a good look for you.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    What is this disingenuous garbage? You're not seriously ignoring the outrageous rhetoric employed by the left during the Kavanaugh hearings as contributory to the mob scene at SCOTUS in October of 2018, are you?
    Of course not. My point was that it had nothing to do with Schumer's outburst, which happened much later. You need to pay attention: I was responding to posts that were claiming that Schumer's speech deserved impeachment. But it didn't incite anything.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Of course not. My point was that it had nothing to do with Schumer's outburst, which happened much later. You need to pay attention: I was responding to posts that were claiming that Schumer's speech deserved impeachment. But it didn't incite anything.
    My mistake. I (wrongly) took your response as broadly responding to the idea that democrats hadn't engaged in rhetoric that has incited violence.

I do not believe, however, that anything Trump said was criminally inciteful.

Notice how Schumer wants to make pot legal now...

I doubt Rand will. He just didn't seem to have any enthusiasm about his last run. He doesn't like the ring kissing for donations, etc...
    We shall see. He keeps making himself the most relevant republican in the bunch.

But I have to ask. Why after all the betrayal would anyone hang their hat on Trump 2024?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-09-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.