Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historic Mural Removed From School Because it Only Features White Children

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    something something blackface!
    My first thought. Repaint one in rainbow colors.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I actually dont agree with taking it down because it offends some people because anything u replace it will most likely offend someone. But I have no problem with replacing historical works for other reasons.

Its their business and they can do whatever they want.
    It is a Government school, so no, they cannot.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kate Smith becomes an unperson at Yankee stadium.

Now, since the Yankees would not employ blacks until 20 years later, I say the Yankees should self immolate themselves and cease to be.

Yankees Ditch Kate Smith’s Rendition of ‘God Bless America’ Due to Her Racist Songs

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-racist-songs/

DYLAN GWINN 18 Apr 2019

The New York Yankees have decided to no longer play a 1939 version of God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch, due to concerns raised over other racist songs the performer sang in the past.

Over the last 18 years, the Yankees have played Kate Smith’s rendition of God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch. However, this season the Yankees stopped playing that version and began playing other versions. The reason, the Daily News reports, is because the Yankees learned that Smith had also sung several racist songs in the past.

According to the Daily News:

Smith was a famous singer before and during WWII who recorded the offensive jingle, “Pickaninny Heaven,” which she directed at “colored children” who should fantasize about an amazing place with “great big watermelons,” among other treats. She shot a video for that song that takes place in an orphanage for black children, and much of the imagery is startlingly racist. She also recorded, “That’s Why Darkies Were Born,” which included the lyrics, “Someone had to pick the cotton. … That’s why darkies were born.”

Smith, who died in 1986, endorsed the “Mammy Doll” in 1939, which was based on a racist caricature of a black woman in the same vein as Aunt Jemima.

The Yankees are investigating these claims and there are some conflicting notions regarding the song “That’s Why Darkies Were Born,” in particular, because it was considered satire at the time and recorded with African-American artist Paul Robeson. Still, her shocking lyrics from 1939 are neither humorous nor ironic in 2019 — and the Yankees acted swiftly.

The Yankees released a statement on their decision to ditch the song:

The Yankees have been made aware of a recording that had been previously unknown to us and decided to immediately and carefully review this new information. The Yankees take social, racial and cultural insensitivities very seriously. And while no final conclusions have been made, we are erring on the side of sensitivity.

The regular playing of God Bless America became a staple at Yankees games following the attacks of September 11th.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It is a Government school, so no, they cannot.
    Its local govt and I think deciding on mural design is well within their authority. They can do with this mural whatever they want to do with it. Make it all white, all non white or mix. Whatever they decide is their business.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Its local govt and I think deciding on mural design is well within their authority. They can do with this mural whatever they want to do with it. Make it all white, all non white or mix. Whatever they decide is their business.
    "their authority". good one.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How evil am I, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being Sam Kinison and 10 being Cthulhu, how evil am I for saying: that is how I want my downtown winter scene to look like?
    Well, I dunno. I would not care what the color of participants in this scene as long as everyone got along and were having fun. But, in a progressive scene you would have lesbian harridans shoving over the patriarchal snow"man." A NAMBLA pedo slobbering ice cycles over the kid on the lap post.
    I'm amazed that there are no Christian references in the painting. Now THAT would be something worth raging against.

Are you sure?

That's not the feedback I get from the great unwashed: That a peaceful winter scene of sane white folks with their children is horrible because it doesn't include some face tattooed MS13 Hondurans, some dooky braided gangbangers with their pants down around their knees, some fat, electric blue haired lesbians, some sodomites fellating dildos in assless chaps and water headed Somalis in burkas all tastefully contrasted with graffiti covering every surface.

At least according to cel phone commercials.
    You've won tonight's interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, I dunno. I would not care what the color of participants in this scene as long as everyone got along and were having fun. But, in a progressive scene you would have lesbian harridans shoving over the patriarchal snow"man." A NAMBLA pedo slobbering ice cycles over the kid on the lap post.
    I'm amazed that there are no Christian references in the painting. Now THAT would be something worth raging against.
    So a Three - Will Farrell?

It becomes clearer every single day that egalitarianism is western civilization's extinction event...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I would not care what the color of participants in this scene as long as everyone got along and were having fun.
    Pretty disappointing that it took to post #36 for someone to say this...

Such is the state of RPF's these days.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

Such is the state of the country.

It's not for lack of trying on my part.

But when unified and well orchestrated assorted grievance groups of every stripe, make it clear that me and my posterity are to be wiped clean (up to and including actual, physical genocide) from any future say so in the country my family built, well, expect a bitter and vigorous response.

I guess that makes me evil and stupid, for not seeing the Grand Manipulator's 52D chess board.

Oh well.

Never claimed to be a Saint.

Such is the state of the country.

It's not for lack of trying on my part.

But when unified and well orchestrated assorted grievance groups of every stripe, make it clear that me and my posterity are to be wiped clean (up to and including actual, physical genocide) from any future say so in the country my family built, well, expect a bitter and vigorous response.

I guess that makes me evil and stupid, for not seeing the Grand Manipulator's 52D chess board.

Oh well.

Never claimed to be a Saint.
    All I was saying is that it seemed like the obvious response, amongst a Ron Paul crowd. But, again... such is the state of things around here anymore.

I don't want gang bangers, MS-13, or pedos, or other such trash in my neighborhood either. But I also haven't ever found decency to be an exclusively white characteristic. In fact there are a sh!t-ton of white people I don't want in my neighborhood... meth-heads, dealers, skinheads, swordsmyth... all sorts.

One thoughtful idea would be to remind children of color that they are free to enjoy all the same self-determined, no-cost activities the old-timey white children in the old picture are enjoying. This picture reminds us that kids didn't always depend on government-structured programs to tell them how to spend their time, and that such freedom isn't what encourages some kids to damage property or harm others.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "their authority". good one.
    Yes, their authority. Who do u think should be making decisions about wall murals?

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

Most of us take it for granted.
    But there is nothing wrong with having a preference for people like you as long as you don't use force to achieve your desires. (Liberty culture is a totally different question than skin color and there is nothing wrong with using force to preserve it.)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12