Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are MAGA believers less naive than Bush & Obama believers?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are TDS victims insane or just stupid?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Looks like your question was answered quickly!

Trump is stirring the pot more than any president in my lifetime. I am glad he is in the office. Controversy shines a light in the dark. He is king of controversy. I have to take my hat off to him. He is a boss even with Russiagate, Stormygate, wallgate, Cohengate..... He is the master gate keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Looks like your question was answered quickly!
    You answered mine.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not as naive as people who believe everything the government tells them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not as naive as people who believe everything the government tells them.
    Or the people who believe everything the MSM tells them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I do not think I ever really meet a Bush believer . Obama believers are the same people that voted for Gore , Kerry , Obama and Clinton They are vile communists . Nobody is sure what legacy Trump will leave .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not think I ever really meet a Bush believer . Obama believers are the same people that voted for Gore , Kerry , Obama and Clinton They are vile communists . Nobody is sure what legacy Trump will leave .
    President Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You answered mine.
    Questioning and criticism should not automatically draw out your TDS bit, but it does.

Get a real job.

Edit: been seeing your white genocide tripe starting to come out. Surprise, surprise.

Questioning and criticism should not automatically draw out your TDS bit, but it does.
    I didn't see any, all I see is a snarky "have you stopped beating your wife" thread, I therefore responded in kind.

Get a real job.
    Get a life.

Edit: been seeing your white genocide tripe starting to come out. Surprise, surprise.
    I see you are a denier but I expected that, it goes well with your other leftarian loony positions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Half of the MAGA people are OUR PEOPLE. So they're not naive. The Real Problem will never be fixed politically. But the MAGA movement is casting up the Bat Symbol up in the sky. People will know what to do when the time comes, with or without Donald Trump.

MAGA is like an inside joke for the Woke, once you get away from the trendy, overly Republican types.
    Last edited by AuH20; 01-17-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Exclamation Recycled Bushbots

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    OH LOOK! A TDS VICTIM

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    President Paul?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Or just as naive?

More so. But shhhhh! Don't tell them. They're VERY sensitive and self-conscious about it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're largely the very same people.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Half of the MAGA people are OUR PEOPLE. So they're not naive. The Real Problem will never be fixed politically. But the MAGA movement is casting up the Bat Symbol up in the sky. People will know what to do when the time comes, with or without Donald Trump.

MAGA is like an inside joke for the Woke, once you get away from the trendy, overly Republican types.
    The other half are the same ones that supported Bush at all costs and any establishment Republican for that matter. They lap up whatever the moderates or Neocons in the media feed them and cannot see the deceptions, betrayals and outright lies fed to them. Only the right wing narrative and that narrative is always right.

He cannot win without our half.

EDIT: Maybe he does not care, just saw this.

Chances of Trump running in 2020 election ‘diminishing every day’, says former White House adviser
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/presi...40k?li=BBoPRmx
    Last edited by kahless; 01-19-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The other half are the same ones that supported Bush at all costs and any establishment Republican for that matter.
    And the other half is the half that disliked Bush because he wasn't anti-immigrant enough, and didn't mind that he was a leftist warmonger.

...just as they don't presently mind that Trump is a leftist warmonger, so long as he's sufficiently anti-immigrant (or pretends to be).

The Trump base isn't libertarians or anything of the sort; it's nativists, culture-warriors, and Alex Jones aficionados.

...along with the mindless party hacks that you reference.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-19-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Or just as naive?
    I think a lot of the MAGA people are woke people who just want to settle. Its like how a woman who is passing their child bearing age settling for the man she would otherwise have passed on in their earlier life. They feel like the time to act(albeit meaningless acting) is nigh and Trump is the only man pretending to hit on em and they go for it.

Most of them talk about the change in demographics and how they cannot wait for the right candidate.

Chances of Trump running in 2020 election ‘diminishing every day’, says former White House adviser
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Trump is stirring the pot more than any president in my lifetime. I am glad he is in the office. Controversy shines a light in the dark. He is king of controversy. I have to take my hat off to him. He is a boss even with Russiagate, Stormygate, wallgate, Cohengate..... He is the master gate keeper.
    He's certainly got people talking. Talking about things that they didn't really care about on such a scale before, like finally bringing our troops home, or why the fk alphabet agencies are conducting politically-motivated witch hunts, or is the only good thing on CNN the commercial breaks? Trump is short term. Presidents, in general are short term. What we're gonna be left with are the impressions and the provocation caused during this presidency, which is what REALLY matters.

People with TDS are wasting their time bitching because in 2-6 years Trump's gone. People who see Trump as some savior are wasting their time because in 2-6 years he's gone. We should probably be doing more of what Rand seems to be doing, which is using the opportunity to drive home HARD the issues that will linger in people's minds after a president's 4 year term. And honestly I think Rand would do well to stack his soap box a bit higher and do a bit more talking. Talking about 'waiting for the perfect time to leave Syria means we'll be there forever' is EXACTLY the sh1t we need to be spamming the airwaves with right now. Otherwise we're gonna sit here and mope about while the neocons find an opening to refill heads with their nonsense, and any opportunity Trump might have bought us, intentionally or not, will have been squandered.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-20-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

OH LOOK! A TDS VICTIM

On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Thank you all for your enlightening views.

The other half are the same ones that supported Bush at all costs and any establishment Republican for that matter. They lap up whatever the moderates or Neocons in the media feed them and cannot see the deceptions, betrayals and outright lies fed to them. Only the right wing narrative and that narrative is always right.

He cannot win without our half.

EDIT: Maybe he does not care, just saw this.

I have also wondered how many of Bush supporters/neocons/'fooled me once' are in MAGA camp, probably a pretty large part.
    Informative analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Plus 'follow the money', 'follow the puppet-masters' Adelson-gate that fakenews media tries to keep quiet on.

Obama stirred many pots and created many controversies also ( Trump supported him till his secomd term until he thought about running again and started birthergate scandal). Ambiguity creating rhetoric with dual positions on almost every issue aside, many of MAGA's actions/policies are mostly continuation of Obama policies with the exception of some optics, Trump's harsher sanctions on Iran, more vocally pro-Israel/Saudi stance,tax cuts for Wall Street etc.
    Bush created huge controversies with Iraqi Freedom war, Abu Ghraib, Katrina, Kanye West etc .
    Both Bush and Obama won two terms. At the time of Iraqi freedom war, Bush had close to 70% approval and was seen as a huge boss. Obama was seen as a boss and a Messia when he won second term.

I've also welcomed MAGA's exposing of fakenews media and taking on professional politicians boldy but that goodwill can last only so long if governance continues to fail on 'drain the swamp' like lofty promises and we get more of same ol same corrupt politics.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I think a lot of the MAGA people are woke people who just want to settle. Its like how a woman who is passing their child bearing age settling for the man she would otherwise have passed on in their earlier life. They feel like the time to act(albeit meaningless acting) is nigh and Trump is the only man pretending to hit on em and they go for it.

Most of them talk about the change in demographics and how they cannot wait for the right candidate.
    I was gonna say hot analogy.. but then realized this analogy might be seen as disrespectful by MAGA/DTS folks considering widely circulated recent Newsweek hit piece.

“Women, you have to treat ’em like $#@!.” —Donald Trump, New York magazine, November 9, 1992
    https://www.newsweek.com/2017/11/17/...rs-704658.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    He's certainly got people talking. Talking about things that they didn't really care about on such a scale before, like finally bringing our troops home, or why the fk alphabet agencies are conducting politically-motivated witch hunts, or is the only good thing on CNN the commercial breaks? Trump is short term. Presidents, in general are short term. What we're gonna be left with are the impressions and the provocation caused during this presidency, which is what REALLY matters.

People with TDS are wasting their time bitching because in 2-6 years Trump's gone. People who see Trump as some savior are wasting their time because in 2-6 years he's gone. We should probably be doing more of what Rand seems to be doing, which is using the opportunity to drive home HARD the issues that will linger in people's minds after a president's 4 year term. And honestly I think Rand would do well to stack his soap box a bit higher and do a bit more talking. Talking about 'waiting for the perfect time to leave Syria means we'll be there forever' is EXACTLY the sh1t we need to be spamming the airwaves with right now. Otherwise we're gonna sit here and mope about while the neocons find an opening to refill heads with their nonsense, and any opportunity Trump might have bought us, intentionally or not, will have been squandered.
    +Rep

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have been participating on a TDS forum. It’s incredible most of the responses.

So far:

1. Trump is right. It might not be a bad idea to raise the age of 21 and also ERPO if it will save an innocent life.

2. Taxes are ultra low, pay raises have increased more than ever and now they have enough money to actually do things they were unable to do under obama.

3. PAF is a conspiracy theorist with zero credibility, USMCA has absolutely nothing to do with labor or sustainable development - it is the best agreements ever negotiated by any president in their lifetime.

4. Trump doesn’t need to be a Constitutionalist because he gets things done.

5. Nationalism is far more important than natural rights because we live in a different era. PAF must be 15 years old because he clearly doesn’t understand how government is supposed to work.

6. Trump is doing a terrific job, they just hope he reconsiders pulling out of other countries. They did not vote for him to be an isolationist, that could be very detrimental for our national security.

7. PAF doesn’t support National Bio ID?!?! PAF is either a disrupter, or a Muslim leftist who wants more immigrants to invade our country!

And there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I have been participating on a TDS forum. It’s incredible most of the responses.

So far:

1. Trump is right. It might not be a bad idea to raise the age of 21 and also ERPO if it will save an innocent life.

2. Taxes are ultra low, pay raises have increased more than ever and now they have enough money to actually do things they were unable to do under obama.

3. PAF is a conspiracy theorist with zero credibility, USMCA has absolutely nothing to do with labor or sustainable development - it is the best agreements ever negotiated by any president in their lifetime.

4. Trump doesn’t need to be a Constitutionalist because he gets things done.

5. Nationalism is far more important than natural rights because we live in a different era. PAF must be 15 years old because he clearly doesn’t understand how government is supposed to work.

6. Trump is doing a terrific job, they just hope he reconsiders pulling out of other countries. They did not vote for him to be an isolationist, that could be very detrimental for our national security.

7. PAF doesn’t support National Bio ID?!?! PAF is either a disrupter, or a Muslim leftist who wants more immigrants to invade our country!

And there ya go.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAF again.

Turns out that there are 2 spectrums to the TDS. We all know about the left side TDS, but what do we know about the people on the other side?

The news really is fake. Obama and Bush supporters don't want to face this reality. Whether Trump lies or not about other things, it does not change the fact that there is fake news.

They lap up whatever the moderates or Neocons in the media feed them and cannot see the deceptions, betrayals and outright lies fed to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    The news really is fake. Obama and Bush supporters don't want to face this reality. Whether Trump lies or not about other things, it does not change the fact that there is fake news.
    How quickly it got forgotten that Fox News was created to herd the sheep that had finally seen through the duplicity of the Libbural Meedya.

They bait hook after hook and Republicans chomp down on each and every one.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Human nature isnt affected by who's president. I believe this is why congress was to be the predominant branch of government. Because human nature craves tyranny - people are easily manipulated, regardless of whether its a "D" or an "R".

So, in other words, "New boss is just the same as the old boss"... Same arc, same pendulum., same economic policy, same domestic policy, same foreign policy, same welfare nonsense - the only thing that changes is who is spewing the rhetoric.

Hulk Hogan, or Macho Man - they're both the same when you get down to it. The game of politics is no different - people love to pretend, and this is why voters will take a politicians word on issues. Many are waiting for "Crooked Hillary" to be indicted - any day now, right? Or wait, its everyone else working against trump, and it wont happen. There's no chance that trump was talking out his a$$, cause that's not what the republicans do - only democrats talk out of their a$$.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast