Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Even Worse Than Ilhan Omar Said: AIPAC Is the Tip of the Israel Lobby Iceberg

It's Even Worse Than Ilhan Omar Said: AIPAC Is the Tip of the Israel Lobby Iceberg

Excellent long overdue article...

https://www.mintpressnews.com/its-ev...n-full/255112/

It's Even Worse Than Ilhan Omar Said: AIPAC Is the Tip of the Israel Lobby Iceberg

By Alison Weir

Freshman Congresswoman Ilhan Omar has come under fire for a Twitter exchange in which she implied that AIPAC (the American Israel Public Affairs Committee) is the reason that so many Congressional representatives support Israel over American interests and principles. First, journalist Glenn Greenwald (who is Jewish but has also been accused of being “antisemitic”) tweeted:
    Glenn Greenwald
    @ggreenwald

GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy threatens punishment for @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib over their criticisms of Israel. It's stunning how much time US political leaders spend defending a foreign nation even if it means attacking free speech rights of Americans https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/kevin-mccarthy-promises-action-against-ilhan-omar-and-rashida-tlaib-1.6917751 …

5:39 PM - Feb 10, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kevin McCarthy promises ‘action’ against Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib

haaretz.com

8,938 people are talking about this

Omar then retweeted Greenwald’s tweet (which linked to an Israeli news report) and commented:

It’s all about the Benjamins baby
    The musical notes at the end of her tweet were because she was referring to a song by Puff Daddy, “It’s All About the Benjamins” (“Benjamins” being a colloquial term for money, referring to the image of Benjamin Franklin on $100 bills).
    Among those who immediately called her tweet “antisemitic” was the fervently pro-Israel opinion editor for the Jewish Forward, Batya Ungar-Sargon, who posted a sarcastic tweet saying she’d “like to know” who Omar “thinks is paying [sic] American politicians to be pro-Israel….”
    Batya Ungar-Sargon
    @bungarsargon

Would love to know who @IlhanMN thinks is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, though I think I can guess. Bad form, Congresswoman. That's the second anti-Semitic trope you've tweeted.
    Ilhan Omar
    @IlhanMN

It's all about the Benjamins baby
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...27576013193216

7:33 PM - Feb 10, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

2,973 people are talking about this

In the tradition of short Twitter posts, Omar responded with one word: “AIPAC.”

Attackers & Defenders

Powerful members of the Israel lobby, and those who go along with it, instantly castigated her for her tweets, and have continued lambasting her ever since. Omar apologized.
    Many other writers, most much less prominent, defended Omar and said there was no need for an apology.
    Some Jewish organizations known for opposition to violent and illegal Israeli actions publicly supported her. One, however, still suggested she had used an antisemitic “trope” and another said she had used “an unfortunate choice of words,” emphasizing that antisemitism “is on the rise” – an ADL talking point that bolsters U.S. support for Israel. (We deeply hope that the claimed rise is not actually true, though we know that bigoted opinions, like all others, ebb and flow. The fact is that the ADL often tars activism for Palestinian rights as “antisemitic.” And there arequestions about the explanations for incidents cited by the ADL, as well as about its claims. A major part of the ADL’s mission is to advocate for Israel, which it does in numerous ways.)
    Some articles defending Omar describe the power and mission of AIPAC. A few of the pieces also point out that there are others in addition to AIPAC who influence U.S. politicians to support Israel, despite Israel’s systemic discrimination, violation of human rights and international law, and contravention of U.S. laws.
    A Quartz article reports that Israel partisans Sheldon and Miriam Adelson gave over $123 million on behalf of Israel in the midterm elections. The article also noted: “The Center for Responsive Politics calls the overall pro-Israel politics lobby one of the most ‘active and well-financed’ groups related to international issues in America.’” MORE >>> https://www.mintpressnews.com/its-ev...n-full/255112/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It isn't hard to spot the neo cons, they light up like a Christmas tree.
    "The Patriarch"

Former Congress Woman Cynthia McKinney, exposed AIPAC years ago,
    NO ONE CARED, they still don't really, just ask Pres Trump if he cares,
    or if he could give a ship about Israel's War Crimes, nope, nothing to see folks.....

I wonder why the Jews are worked up about this?

They voted for, in overwhelming majorities, the politicians that support and pass the policies that bring millions of people like Omar here.

Like the idiots in California protesting gas taxes...you voted for this, you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wonder why the Jews are worked up about this?

They voted for, in overwhelming majorities, the politicians that support and pass the policies that bring millions of people like Omar here.

Like the idiots in California protesting gas taxes...you voted for this, you got it.
    I don't believe there are millions of people like Ilhan Omar. She sees it and she's not afraid to say it. She doesn't play it, even though she could get very wealthy doing it.

No, there aren't millions if those. We can't even come up with anything like 435. And when we do get one, like Cynthia McKinney, we don't seem to be able to keep them in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't believe there are millions of people like Ilhan Omar. She sees it and she's not afraid to say it. She doesn't play it, even though she could get very wealthy doing it.

No, there aren't millions if those. We can't even come up with anything like 435. And when we do get one, like Cynthia McKinney, we don't seem to be able to keep them in office.
    Omar only sees it and says it because it is useful for polishing her victim status, if it wasn't for that she would be silent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    or if he could give a ship about Israel's War Crimes, nope, nothing to see folks.....

Has Rand done this?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Has Rand done this?
    I'm guessing you're being sarcastic.
    Do you have a link to Rand unabashedly exposing in a 'bold' fashion and not 'very careful'
    as did McKinney?

''This is what my son would have looked like had I had a son''
    But Your point?

Leahy Law 'could have' , and Could Still end US aid to Israel

Had I known Trump was; 'allowed' to take office because of his intentions to ignore Israel's
    War Crimes and intentions to bootlick them 24/7 ,
    I probably would have voted Stalin or Mussolini.

Omar only sees it and says it because it is useful for polishing her victim status, if it wasn't for that she would be silent.
    Say what?

In other words, if she were an American-born white male she'd be a RINO? Is that what you're trying to say?

Yeah, you're a big bad anti-establishment rebel until you get shown up by a five foot nothing girl wearing a scarf, brown skin and a big D next to her name. Then suddenly Israel can have anything it wants and doesn't owe you a penny for kissing its collective communist ass.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-19-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Leahy Law 'could have' , and Could Still end US aid to Israel
    The Leahy Laws were designed to uphold human rights in countries that receive United States aid. These laws enable the US to withhold military assistance from units and individuals in foreign security forces if they have committed a gross violation of human rights (GVHR).
    The laws – one for the State Department and a similar one for the Department of Defense – are implemented through a vetting process based on annual Department of State Country Reports on Human Rights, reports from reliable NGOs, and other sources. According to principal sponsor Senator Leahy (D-VT), the legislation “makes it clear that when credible evidence of human rights violations exists, US aid must stop.”

GVHRs (Gross Violations of Human Rights) that can trigger Leahy include

• extrajudicial killing
        • torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment
        • prolonged detention without charges and trial
        • causing the disappearance of persons by the abduction and clandestine detention of those persons
        • other flagrant denial of the right to life, liberty, or the security of person
        • politically motivated rape

Since its founding in 1948, Israel has received nearly $125 billion in aid from the US; the current rate amounts to over $10 million a day. Is anyone keeping an eye on the recipient of 50% of our total foreign military aid? The answer is a resounding Yes.
    Dozens of NGOs monitor and report on Israel’s actions; our State Department has generated a Country Report on Human Rights
    every year
    since 1976. If Israel is regularly committing GVHRs, it is easily verifiable.
    and yet...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    and yet...
    Exactly......

''I know nothink'' - Sgt Shulz

Interestingly, the article continues to show that Israel matched up well with
    this list;

-extrajudicial killing
    -torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment
    -prolonged detention without charges and trial
    -causing the disappearance of persons by the abduction and clandestine detention of those persons
    -other flagrant denial of the right to life, liberty, or the security of person
    -politically motivated rape

I guess the article is 'Anti Semite' ,,,,,,,,,,,

-

Say what?

In other words, if she were an American-born white male she'd be a RINO? Is that what you're trying to say?

Yeah, you're a big bad anti-establishment rebel until you get shown up by a five foot nothing girl wearing a scarf, brown skin and a big D next to her name. Then suddenly Israel can have anything it wants and doesn't owe you a penny for kissing its collective communist ass.

I consistently oppose US aid to Israel and most of what Israel does even though it does nothing for me, she only opposes Israel because it benefits her, she has no principles or she would also be a loud voice against the weirdosexuals as her religion dictates but instead she is buddy buddy with them because that is advantageous on her side of the aisle.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

...she has no principles or she would also be a loud voice against the weirdosexuals as her religion dictates...
    So the fact that you're an evangelist makes you an expert on Islam? Or are you just taking Muslim fundamentalists' word for what that religion is?

The woman is dead wrong about quite a few things. But your assessment of what her principles are and/or should be and six bucks will get me a five dollar cup of frou-frou coffee (the extra dollar being a tip to the barista for patiently listening to a bunch of made up knee-jerk b.s. while they work).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the fact that you're an evangelist makes you an expert on Islam? Or are you just taking Muslim fundamentalists' word for what that religion is?

The woman is dead wrong about quite a few things. But your assessment of what her principles are and/or should be and six bucks will get me a five dollar cup of frou-frou coffee (the extra dollar being a tip to the barista for patiently listening to a bunch of made up knee-jerk b.s. while they work).

Your xenophilia has blinded you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your xenophilia has blinded you.
    So you won't be answering the question then?

Islam and Judaism are mirror images with the exception that Israel is really the
    capital of the US and their war crimes are ignored.
    Both are the most racist, narcissistic , self inclusive sects on the planet.

Islam and Judaism are mirror images with the exception that Israel is really the
    capital of the US and their war crimes are ignored.
    Both are the most racist, narcissistic , self inclusive sects on the planet.
    And Israel is working very hard at being the most gay-friendly place on the planet.

Are you trying to tag-team me? Because Swordshyll's argument is off because fundamentalists aren't reliable sources, but yours is more so because you don't even acknowledge Islamic fundamentalists exist.

And Israel is working very hard at being the most gay-friendly place on the planet.

Are you trying to tag-team me? Because Swordshyll's argument is off because fundamentalists aren't reliable sources, but yours is more so because you don't even acknowledge Islamic fundamentalists exist.
    Wow pardner'

You didn't even respond to my post. '

Wow pardner'

You didn't even respond to my post. '
    You know, you didn't exactly respond to mine.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The way they're going nuts over Omar's remarks is tyrannical, and I don't use that word lightly. It is a blatant attack on free speech, possibly made excusable (in the eyes of those who are on the attack) because the woman is a Muslim, and every respectable American knows that 100% of Muslims want to "wipe Israel off the map." She likely wouldn't have garnered such hatred if not for her religious affiliations.

Still, it's something that needs to be said. Israel has incredible sway over American politics, and for numerous reasons, none of them being because it's advantageous for the United States from a more libertarian perspective. As far as government feels, Israel is America's strongest foothold in the Middle East, and you can use theology to make such an unwavering alliance palatable to the American people. When you get to the root of the matter, it all comes down to oil.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

He needs to button up the shirt and wear a tie.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

He needs to button up the shirt and wear a tie.
    Naw it's cool look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast