Thread: Nation of Islam member to front post-DNC unity party

Nation of Islam member to front post-DNC unity party

Is Hillary trying to take a stance against Trump's "anti muslim" rhetoric with this controversial gesture?
    In any case, bringing unity post DNC election rigging scandal is going to be a tough task even for a NOI member.

Snoop Dogg to front post-DNC unity party

By Nick Gass
    07/05/16 08:36 AM EDT

Snoop Dogg's latest act: Bringing together the Democratic Party.

The rapper is set to headline a "unity party" following the last night of the Democratic National Convention on July 28 in Philadelphia co-hosted by the super PACs Priorities USA, the Senate Majority PAC and the House Majority PAC, the groups announced Tuesday.

Snoop Dogg, also known as Calvin Broadus, announced that he would be supporting Hillary Clinton less than a month after she declared her candidacy in May 2015.
    "You know I like to be politically correct, but sometimes I’m politically incorrect,” he said on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live." "But I’ll say that I would love to see a woman in office because I feel like we’re at that stage in life to where we need a perspective other than the male’s train of thought. And just to have a woman speaking from a global perspective as far as representing America, I’d love to see that. So I’ll be voting for Ms. Clinton."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...vention-225096

ADL sees NOI's Louis Farakhan as leading anti-semite in America:

What is the Nation of Islam? - Anti-Defamation League
    http://www.adl.org/anti-semitism/......on-of-islam.ht...
    Anti‑Defamation League
    Sep 1, 2015 - The Nation of Islam (NOI), the oldest Black nationalist organization in the U.S., has maintained a consistent record of anti-Semitism and racism since its founding in the 1930s. Under the guidance of Louis Farrakhan, who has espoused anti-Semitism and racism for over 30 years as ...

Farrakhan: ‘Lying, murderous Zionist Jews’ behind 9/11
    ADL slams Nation of Islam leader as a leading anti-Semite after speech alleging terror attack was ‘false flag operation’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gUoUqEzjE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Snoop has glaucoma. It's a prescription.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    He had praised Trump according to Politico as discovered by ADL:

High Profile African-American Civil Rights Leader Praises Trump

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan praised Republican front-runner Donald Trump for refusing donations from Jewish groups.
    Trump “is the only member who has stood in front of the Jewish community and said 'I don’t want your money,'” Farrakhan said in a sermon he delivered this week. “Any time a man can say to those who control the politics of America, ‘I don’t want your money,’ that means you can’t control me. And they can’t afford to give up control of the presidents of the United States.”
    Despite his commendation for the billionaire businessman, Farrakhan did not endorse him. “Not that I’m for Mr. Trump,” he added, “but I like what I’m looking at.”

Snoop Dogg Invites Democrats to Get ‘F*cked Up’ at Post-DNC ‘Unity’ Party

Christopher Polk/Getty Images for DirecTV

by Daniel Nussbaum29 Jul 2016

Rapper Snoop Dogg kept the Democratic National Convention party going until well past 3 a.m. Friday at a so-called “unity” concert in Philadelphia, just after Hillary Clinton brought the main festivities to a close by accepting the party’s presidential nomination Thursday night. Snoop performed a concert full of his greatest hits at the Electric Factory, in a show meant to bring together supporters of Clinton and her primary opponent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, after what had been a raucous and divided convention.
    But despite the party’s billing, the rapper never mentioned Sanders’s name, according to Variety.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...c-unity-party/

In addition to his medical prescription, Snoop is Rastafarian:

Snoop is a Rastafarian- not a Muslim. The "joins Isalm" article is from 2009. He became Rasta in 2013- giving up Islam.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...lion-interview

From Snoop Dogg to Snoop Lion: the reinvention of a gangster rapper

Snoop appears, as if by magic, in a puff of his own smoke. The rapper, actor, gangster and stoner extraordinaire has reinvented himself as a reggae-singing messenger of hope. Snoop Dogg is dead, long live Snoop Lion.

We meet in his management office in Los Angeles, an enormous warehouse dedicated to all things Snoop. On the walls are huge Snoop posters, to the left is the Snoop television studio, where two near-naked women are chatting, and to my right is an old-fashioned video with a stack of Snoop VHSs lined up alongside it.

He slopes in, long and loping, in a white T-shirt, dark jeans and jacket, trainers and shades, blingtastic lion medallion hanging down his chest, patchy Rasta beard, and surprisingly beautiful. He shakes hands, asks one of his homies why there is no oil in his ganja pipe, flicks on the huge flatscreen TV in front of us and starts watching a bit of Snoop history. He is instantly engrossed. No sooner has he sat down than he is up and dancing. "'Baby if you want me…'"

Snoop has just made a documentary that charts his path from gun-toting gangsta-rapper to the peace-and-love Rastafarian who claims to have been reincarnated (the name of both the film and his new album). I tell him I like the film. "Thank you, man. It's from the heart and soul." He talks about how he has changed as a man, a husband, a father of three. "When you allow evolution to happen, that's when it becomes the greatest thing it could possibly be." He's still staring at the screen and comes to a sudden stop. "Who is that? Is that Rachel from BET [Black Entertainment Television]? Well, whoever she is, she fine as a motherfucker. She pregnant, too. That is Rachel! You bitch, you. Jamaican Rastafari. Yeah, man."

Snoop Lion still has a fair bit of the Dogg in him. But then Snoop Doggy Dogg, as he was first known, was never afraid of embracing his contradictions. He emerged in 1993 with the hugely successful album Doggystyle, and set the pattern for 20 years of guns, gangsters and misogyny. His voice was rich and seductive. His raps were X-rated, yet the kids loved him. He wrote about pimping and dealing on the streets of underclass black America, yet the white middle classes adored him (even the upper classes: Princes William and Harry are fans). Despite the bleak violence he portrayed, there was an innocence to his world – the video to one of his early hits, Gin & Juice, showed partying kids panicking as the parents arrive back early. Only Snoop could dare to write Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None), which critics have described as a paean to gang rape, as a love song "for the ladies". He worships the free market, having endorsed everything from Pepsi Max to Norton Anti-Virus Software, and is now worth an estimated $110m. Yet he is a staunch Democrat.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-30-2016 at 07:36 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoop_Dogg

Religion
    In 2009, it was reported that Snoop Dogg was a member of the Nation of Islam. That March 1, he made an appearance at the Nation of Islam's annual Saviours' Day holiday, where he praised minister Louis Farrakhan. Snoop claimed to be a member of the Nation, but declined to give the date on which he joined. He also donated $1,000 to the organization.[96][97][98]

Claiming to be "born again" in 2012, the gangster rapper converted to the Rastafari movement,[99][100][101][102] switched the focus of his music to reggae[103] and changed his name to "Snoop Lion" following a trip to Jamaica. He released a reggae album Reincarnated, stating "I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated", referring to the Jamaican reggae legend who died in 1981.[104]

In January 2013, he received criticism from members of the Rastafarian community in Jamaica, including reggae artist Bunny Wailer, for an alleged failure to meet his commitments to the culture.[105] Snoop later dismissed the claims, stating his beliefs were personal and not up for outside judgment.[106] Wailer is credited for giving Snoop the name "Lion"

Some think he is only Rasta for the ganja.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-30-2016 at 07:37 PM.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sn...80U04220120131 2012.

Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul, for Shizzle?

LOS ANGELES, Jan 30 (TheWrap.com) - Snoop Dogg, throwing his weight behind Ron Paul? Politics really does make strange bedfellows -- or at least smoking buddies.

The rapper and marijuana enthusiast appeared to grant his endorsement to GOP candidate Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline "Smoke Weed Everyday." Snoop Dogg -- born Calvin Broadus -- included the message "Because I said so" with his post.

Broadus -- whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca -- is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian-leaning candidate's stance on drugs. Paul, an advocate of smaller federal government, was a co-sponsor of the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.

It's unclear whether Broadus was aware of Paul's reported history of signing his name to racially-charged newsletters in the 1990s. (Though Paul's name appears on several pamphlets containing racial rhetoric, he told CNN in December that he was unaware of the controversial passages at the time of their publication, stating, "I've never read that stuff. I've never read -- I came -- was probably aware of it 10 years after it was written.)

Though Paul's chances of grabbing up the GOP nomination appear to be distant, the Texas congressman does appear to be developing quite the stable of musician endorsements -- late last year, country singer Kelly Clarkson caught criticism after singing Paul's praises.

"I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance," Clarkson said in a tweet. "If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-30-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoop_Dogg

Some think he is only Rasta for the ganja.
    Snoop is one of those artists who needs to change things up every few years to stay creative. He could probably make a successful country album if he immerse himself in it for a while.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tic-base-isnt/

90 percent of unwavering Sanders supporters plan to vote for Clinton in November

Your information from 2015 is old and from before the DNC election rigging leaks and the July 29th #Demexit.

Sanders supporters turn to Jill Stein: 'You should vote your conscience'

Those who backed the Vermont senator in the primaries explain their reasons for rejecting Hillary Clinton, despite Sanders’ own pleas

Green Party candidate Jill Stein speaks with supporters in downtown Philadelphia during events at the Democratic national convention. Photograph: Spencer Platt/Getty Images Adam Gabbatt in New York

Tuesday 2 August 2016 06.00 EDT

Bernie Sanders may have endorsed Hillary Clinton, praised Hillary Clinton and urged his supporters to vote for Hillary Clinton, but it seems even the maverick Vermont senator has been unable to convince his fans, many of whom say they are planning to cast their ballot for the Green party candidate Jill Stein instead on 8 November.

Support for Stein, who won 469,501 votes as the Green party nominee in 2012, was impossible to escape at the Democratic national convention last week. Inside the Wells Fargo Center, some Sanders delegates dressed in green and wore Green party pins.
    Outside the hall, hundreds of Sanders supporters – in Philadelphia to demonstrate against Clinton’s nomination – attended a Green party rally at which Stein accused the Democratic party of derailing Sanders’ campaign.

Vanessa Perez was among the protesters outside the Wells Fargo arena. Originally a Sanders supporter, she plans to vote for Stein in November and will canvass for the presumptive Green party nominee over the next three months.
    “She has a lot of stances that are very similar to Bernie’s. And I just really strongly believe that you should always vote your conscience,” Perez said.
    “The Democratic party clearly doesn’t really care for the Bernie supporters and our stances, so we might as well work for a party that will.”
    Perez, 23, is from Florida – a crucial swing state that offers 29 electoral college votes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rs-green-party