Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Pulls Parler as Apple Threatens the Same in Wake of Capitol Riot

Parler Admits They are Beholden to Bezos, Needing Amazon’s Servers to Operate Their Social Media Platform

The conservative social media platform, Parler, is already on its last legs, as the platform’s developers relied upon Big Tech to provide their infrastructure.

Parler CEO John Matze had claimed that there were a bunch of competitors vying to host the social media site. However, the notion of a free market is laughable with a handful of far-left tech monopolies dominating the world, and he was forced to admit the awful truth in a Fox News interview.

“They all work together to make sure at the same time we would lose access to not only our apps, but they are actually shutting all of our servers off tonight, off the internet,” Matze explained.

“They made an attempt to not only kill the apps, but also destroy the entire company… Every vendor from text message services to email providers to lawyers all ditched us too on the same day,” he added.

Matze said that Parler is pretty much doomed because of the Orwellian super-structure that has been put into place to destroy all potential competition.

“We’re going to try our best, ya know, to get back online as quickly as possible but we’re having a lot of trouble because every vendor we talk to won’t work with us because if Apple doesn’t approve and Google doesn’t approve, they won’t,” he said.

“Amazon is the largest cloud storage vendor in the world, and we use them to host our servers. Hundreds of them. Hundreds of servers. And they gave us basically, they said, you have 24 hours to get all of your data and find new servers. So, where are you going to find 300 to 500 servers in a 24-hour window, and how can you send all of the data from everybody out to them in a 24-hour period? It’s an impossible feat,” Matze explained.

While Parler foolishly relied on Big Tech to be the backbone of their entire operation, other social media providers, such as Gab, understood the problem way in advance and developed sustainable infrastructure while Parler was busy courting e-celebs.

“After over four years of work building a digital Noah’s Ark to defend free speech online, Gab is finally hitting its stride and we are well on our way to becoming a new media giant that empowers all voices to speak freely and experience the free flow of information,” said Andrew Torba, the founder of Gab.

Right now, Torba is making the pitch for President Donald Trump to join Gab, believing his is the only platform ready to sustain a figure as important and controversial as 45.

“This is a coup on our country by foreigner-run Big Tech companies,” Torba said. “It must not stand. Something must be done and at Gab we are building solutions. The government has done nothing and will do nothing. No one is coming to save us. We must save ourselves.”

“Our task is not an easy one, but neither was the task of our Founding Fathers. We must fight to defend free speech on the internet now more than ever,” Torba added. “Our country, and indeed the world, depends on it. Our children are counting on us to rise to the occasion and defend freedom just as so many have done before us.”
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/parler...edia-platform/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Depends what you mean by 'ok' Just because I support a company's ability to do it doesn't mean that I think that it should be done or is a good idea.

If someone wants to make a whites only clone of twitter, they can. (Arguable that Gab is already exactly that de facto) What will happen, though, is that they will just end up crying that they cannot force anyone else to host them, handle their financial transactions, etc. Which is exactly what is happening in this case.

(PS: Nobody has blacklisted 'conservatives.' The thing that is causing people to be banned from Twitter, or for Parler to be shunned, is not 'conservatism.')
    Ok. Why are people being banned from Twitter?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ok. Why are people being banned from Twitter?
    People get banned from Twitter all the time for all sorts of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Good

And for those yelling about the first amendment, try reading it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

People get banned from Twitter all the time for all sorts of reasons.
    Including “conservatism” then, if conservatism on any issue is in opposition to the DNC-Twitter party line.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-10-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Good

Bye.

Bye.
    Well, you're certainly proving their point.

Seriously, though, this may be one of those things that people won't get until it happens to them. I'm still hopeful that there's a way through this without violating voluntary association.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, you're certainly proving their point.

Seriously, though, this may be one of those things that people won't get until it happens to them. I'm still hopeful that there's a way through this without violating voluntary association.
    I am well aware that one of the tactics of trolls is to provoke their own banning and then play victim, and often lie about the circumstances of their banning. The goal is to be able to throw out the accusation of hypocrisy.

At this point, there is no more need to play games with trolls, and those who never supported Ron Paul.

I am well aware that one of the tactics of trolls is to provoke their own banning and then play victim, and often lie about the circumstances of their banning. The goal is to be able to throw out the accusation of hypocrisy.

At this point, there is no more need to play games with trolls, and those who never supported Ron Paul.
    Where was this Brian 2 years ago?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Look, if youre BLM you wont be silenced. Hell, its fine to run around, riot, destroy property, burn buildings, and even MURDER. If youre arrested you wont be charged. Thats called a $#@!ing AGENT PROVACATEUR. Pose as your enemy and incite Mob Think and burn $#@!. They WANT violence.

But if we stick up for ourselves, then WE are the violent terrorists. The weight of the word "terrorist" has been lost.

Now, lets throw in some Antifa and we can see that it had NOTHING to do with Real Patriots, but ANTIFA posing as Patriots. They DID NOT CHARGE in the front door, they were LET IN. Then they start their $#@!. More AGENT PROVACATEURS.

They wont examine evidence of Election Fraud, and they wont examine evidence of who these people were that trashed the Capitol Building. Patriots were in there picking up trash and the $#@! they were doing, but that makes us bad people because those are important immigrant jobs, right? Patriots are already guilty by accusation and thats how its gonna go.

This is FASCISM.

Apple and Google and Amazon run most of our govt. Except Trump. He cant really be bought out, but he can be betrayed. Im not saying that Trump not being buyable means he is that honest. I think he has done some truly chauvenistic $#@! in his past. Thats not what I am concerned about right now. What I am concerned about is our Fascist Govt coming after EVERY PATRIOT.

ALL OF US. EXECUTION. BLACK BAGGED IN THE NIGHT. ITS HERE. NOW. TYRANNY.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where was this Brian 2 years ago?!
    Defending free speech and open debate. Obviously, that war is over.

Good

While you're factually correct... You're missing the point here.

Bye.

Good

Nazi book burnings weren't done by the Nazi's either.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

It's just the Daily Stormer, it's just Alex Jones, it's just Donald Trump. If you're a good boy they won't ban you Shut up and lick Google's boot, they aren't the government, there's no shame in being enslaved by them.

Bye.
    Ideological censorship?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

... would Ron Paul disagree with Rev3 on this issue?

Or is Rev3 being banned for his support of a concept which is entirely in line with the site mission?
    Pinochet is the model

... would Ron Paul disagree with Rev3 on this issue?

Or is Rev3 being banned for his support of a concept which is entirely in line with the site mission?
    Ron Paul is not celebrating censorship or corporatism. I'd suggest that celebrating such is simply trolling for reaction, and trolling may result in banning. Do you believe that private forums are free to ban trolls? Hiding behind one principle to destroy a whole bunch of other principles is no excuse. Trolling for your own banning just to play martyr is pretty transparent.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is not celebrating censorship or corporatism. I'd suggest that celebrating such is simply trolling for reaction, and trolling may result in banning. Do you believe that private forums are free to ban trolls?
    Yes, I believe that private forums are just as free to ban trolls as Twitter is free to ban trolls, and just as people here ask why Twitter bans the people it bans, I'm asking why you ban the people you ban. I don't see the word "good" as meeting the standard that you seem to be setting out.

Just because it is a point of view which angers you specifically does not mean that it's a troll. It's probably Rev3's genuinely held viewpoint.

Hiding behind one principle to destroy a whole bunch of other principles is no excuse.
    Which principles are being destroyed by 'hiding behind' the principles of free association and property ownership?
    Pinochet is the model

Yes, I believe that private forums are just as free to ban trolls as Twitter is free to ban trolls, and just as people here ask why Twitter bans the people it bans, I'm asking why you ban the people you ban. I don't see the word "good" as meeting the standard that you seem to be setting out.
    "Wow, that straw was not heavy at all. How did it break the camel's back?"

Pro Tip: looking at the last post of a person before being banned is not terribly meaningful for a variety of reasons.

I don't see the word "good" as meeting the standard that you seem to be setting out.
    Why don't you tell us what is "good" about corporatist collusion to eliminate one of the only competitors to Twitter in the market place?

Then tell us what is "good" about Facebook limiting Ron Paul's account, probably in preparation for banning?

What is good about Ron Paul Liberty Reports being removed and banned from YouTube?

While you're at it, what is "good" about Facebook banning Ronpaulforums.com?

Why don't you tell us what is "good" about corporatist collusion to eliminate one of the only competitors to Twitter in the market place?

Then tell us what is "good" about Facebook limiting Ron Paul's account, probably in preparation for banning?

What is good about Ron Paul Liberty Reports being removed and banned from YouTube?

While you're at it, what is "good" about Facebook banning Ronpaulforums.com?
    It is good those those corporations are capable of doing those things because if they were incapable of doing so, it would represent a reduction in private property rights.
    Pinochet is the model

It is good those those corporations are capable of doing those things because if they were incapable of doing so, it would represent a reduction in private property rights.
    Bull$#@!. There is nothing “good” about it. What’s next? Are you going to exclaim “good” at every gun murder because “at least we still have gun rights”? It’s trolling.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Eunuch Libertarian in action. An individual so ineffectual their sole purpose is to defend the same things that will lead to their personal destruction. At best, it is a person compelled to become a martyr. At worst, they are a danger to everyone around them.

First... We have to remember that the 1st Amendment to the Constitution does not grant the right of free speech. We have a natural right of free speech and the 1st Amendment ensures (supposedly) that the government will not infringe upon your natural rights. That is important because we keep hearing this trope about these being private companies.

Secondly... We also have the natural rights of voluntary association. So your point stands.

But we have to ask ourselves the question here... Why are these companies banning viewpoints?
    Is it simply because they fear being associated with violence?? I mean, if that were the case, they would have been shutting down apps and people all summer long during the violence.
    Is it because they fear retribution by the State? If that's the case, then the State IS infringing upon free speech - just taking a different route.
    Maybe they just fear the reaction of their cancel-culture customers? That sounds reasonable - but then why the instantaneous purge? That would be cause for much debate and discussion amongst their customer base. Also, it would take time before they'd take the step of cancelling a viewpoint.
    And if they are really concerned about violence - why did they not just go after anyone plotting violence? They went after an ideology that to them eventually may lead to violence. Again, get back to the disparity in which violence they have a problem with.
    And if they were truly trying to stop violence, why are they shutting down questioning of the election???? Instead, they are actively trying to suppress political speech.

So, this isn't really about voluntary association. We agree that companies can do what they want. This is about using their power to limit speech.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 01-11-2021 at 08:14 PM.

First... We have to remember that the 1st Amendment to the Constitution does not grant the right of free speech. We have a natural right of free speech and the 1st Amendment ensures (supposedly) that the government will not infringe upon your natural rights. That is important because we keep hearing this trope about these being private companies.

Secondly... We also have the natural rights of voluntary association. So your point stands.

But we have to ask ourselves the question here... Why are these companies banning viewpoints?
    Is it simply because they fear being associated with violence?? I mean, if that were the case, they would have been shutting down apps and people all summer long during the violence.
    Is it because they fear retribution by the State? If that's the case, then the State IS infringing upon free speech - just taking a different route.
    Maybe they just fear the reaction of their cancel-culture customers? That sounds reasonable - but then why the instantaneous purge? That would be cause for much debate and discussion amongst their customer base. Also, it would take time before they'd take the step of cancelling a viewpoint.
    And if they are really concerned about violence - why did they not just go after anyone plotting violence? They went after an ideology that to them eventually may lead to violence. Again, get back to the disparity in which violence they have a problem with.
    And if they were truly trying to stop violence, why are they shutting down questioning of the election???? Instead, they are actively trying to suppress political speech.

So, this isn't really about voluntary association. We agree that companies can do what they want. This is about using their power to limit speech.

Bingo.

Company/corporation status, licenses, permits and contracts, ordinances, all involve government.

In a True Free Market, those [multi-lateral agreements] would not exist. As it stands - Fascism.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder who Amazon's single biggest customer is today?

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Bingo.

Company/corporation status, licenses, permits and contracts, ordinances, all involve government.

In a True Free Market, those [multi-lateral agreements] would not exist. As it stands - Fascism.
    A question I pondered earlier today: if every consumer that used Amazon to make purchases engaged in a 100% boycott, what portion of Amazon's revenue would remain? How much does the government pay Amazon for server space and cloud services?

Glenn Greenwald:

Do you know how many of the people arrested in connection with the Capitol invasion were active users of Parler?

Zero.

The planning was largely done on Facebook. This is all a bull$#@! pretext for silencing competitors on ideological grounds: just the start.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...19731734028293

I wonder who Amazon's single biggest customer is today?

A question I pondered earlier today: if every consumer that used Amazon to make purchases engaged in a 100% boycott, what portion of Amazon's revenue would remain? How much does the government pay Amazon for server space and cloud services?
    Yeah, I've been pondering that too. Not just Amazon, but all of the players. I think even partial awareness among the people would make some kind of dent, but it would also require that those .gov contracts be identified/recognized and put the brakes on them. Catherine Fitts did a nice presentation in that interview in the other thread.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Post of... Well it's one of the best that I have read in a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast