Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American anarchist 'John Galton' shot dead in Acapulco

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Government killed him.
    My 1st thought as well- WoD and all.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I'm usually pretty harsh, but their brains aren't even fully developed. Life teaches lessons, but we're allowed to mourn when people die when attempting to live free.
    This.

Sometimes we don't live through the mistakes.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and two gringos trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel $#@!hole are mistakes most don't recover from.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-05-2019 at 10:17 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    They had balls enough to try. They said $#@! you, we'll take our chances and lost. WTF have you done?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's how I saw it as well.

This falls into the same category as Kokesh bashing.

Not my style, but I admire the courage.
    Ditto and +rep. If they were fools, then they've paid the price for it.

But I'll save my spit for the graves of those who actually deserve it ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-05-2019 at 11:48 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    "They had balls enough to try. They went into the woods to live off the grid and start poking bears, throwing rocks at hornets nests and play Russian Roulette. They lived on their own terms."

Give me a $#@!ing break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.
    what is this "first world" you speak of...

...i wish to know more
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

This.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel $#@!hole are mistakes most don't recover from.
    What could possibly go wrong? Don’t they support friendly free market competition in Mexico (and Guatemala)?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What could possibly go wrong? Don’t they support friendly free market competition in Mexico (and Guatemala)?
    Just peaceful friendly folks trying to make their lives better.

This is not as funny as it could have been.... you know, if the United States had free markets.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I’m sure I agree quite a bit with the guy politically, but I’d file this under the “got killed ignoring danger in the third world” files...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Indian-islands
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ting-in-forest
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Biehl
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I’m sure I agree quite a bit with the guy politically, but I’d file this under the “got killed ignoring danger in the third world” files...

So, he had to flee because he made cannabis extracts. Too bad he didn't have millions of dollars backing him like these companies...

Major Beer Companies Getting Into U.S. Cannabis Market In Spite of Federal Law

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeada.../#7fcda5415d90

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Look at this guy, what a $#@!ing tool. The libertarian movement would be so much better off without these kinds of people.
    I am looking, could you be more specific as you criticize someone who was murdered for wanting to be free? Is there a chance we would be better off without you?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

They had balls enough to try. They said $#@! you, we'll take our chances and lost. WTF have you done?
    That's how I saw it as well.

This falls into the same category as Kokesh bashing.

Not my style, but I admire the courage.
    Kokesh isn't mine either, but I have better things to do than bash someone actually doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

Ditto and +rep. If they were fools, then they've paid the price for it.

But I'll save my spit for the graves of those who actually deserve it ...
    Yes to all of the above.

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This.

Poor flying skills, mixing LSD and motorcycles and two gringos trying to peddle drugs in a Mexican cartel $#@!hole are mistakes most don't recover from.
    Which is supported by the WoD & the alphabets. My first gut reaction is that it ain't the Mexicans that took him down.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Which is supported by the WoD & the alphabets. My first gut reaction is that it ain't the Mexicans that took him down.
    Prolly never know fer sure, but wouldn't discount it entirely.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The attacks on these people definitely does feel similar to the typical attacks we see on Adam Kokesh. Why waste the effort when we have far bigger fish to fry.

Daring to make a life outside of a corruptly infested surveillance state tax plantation is something that should be commended, not ridiculed. You can of course disagree with their ideology and their lifestyle choices and say they had it coming to them. Maybe they did. Maybe the law, caught up to them, regardless of geographic isolation. Maybe they made bad choices. All of this is possible. When we have just a handful of people born in the US, willing to get rid of everything that they have here and move away to take an ideological stand against said corrupted state, we should be happy there are people willing to take this stand, even when it literally has cost them their lives. Taking shots at them is like complaining about traffic. Anyone can do it, it's easy, but why waste the time when we have 1000+ problems that are bigger problems than this.

We should both be taking a stand for those of us living here and appreciating those that take a stand using other methods. It's not mutually exclusive to endorse both and we cannot be fooled or tricked into thinking one is good and the other is bad. There isn't one right way to fight back. Both are fighting the deep state, the corrupt core of this nation. Doesn't mean you have to follow in these folks footsteps or emulate them in any way. We each play our own part in this fight and denigrating people that choose a different path will not help us win in the end. I'm not talking about "staying unified" or whatever some people say is hurting the libertarian movement. I'm talking about wasting time on low hanging fruit when we should be infuriated at the last batch of rights that the government has stolen away from the people.

We all have a common enemy, let's keep it that way and stay focused on that and leave the trivial pettiness to the leftist msm.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-06-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Agreed. He would have been much safer in a U.S. prison.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Agreed. He would have been much safer in a U.S. prison.
    Better to be in Baja California, and staying out of any drug business ventures. Or Canada.

Acapulco is no longer a tourist destination...

Tourists in Mexico drive around dismembered and burned corpses of cartel victims amid gang violence spike in one-time holiday hotspot Acapulco
    28th March 2018
    The resort city is now at the centre of a crime wave that has swept across the country with extortion, kidnaps and murder daily occurrences.

Acapulco was once frequented by film stars such as Elizabeth Taylor and even members of the Kennedy family.

It was even the subject of the Four Tops 1988 hit Going Loco Down In Acapulco which sang about how "the magic" in the town was "so strong".

But that magic has been replaced by hideous violence.

Despite its former glamour Acapulco resides in Guerrero state, one of Mexico’s poorest provinces and one of the most ravaged by organised crime.
    More: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/591890...ctims-corpses/
    And:

How Acapulco became Mexico’s murder capital

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    I am looking, could you be more specific as you criticize someone who was murdered for wanting to be free? Is there a chance we would be better off without you?
    He wasn't murdered for wanting freedom, he was murdered for fleeing to a murder capital that he believed to be safe for God knows what reason, and started competing with $#@!ing drug cartels. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This outcome was entirely predictable.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Dem Mexicans dindu nuffin! Dey good bois. Dem cartels are just peaceful flowerchildren trying to make it in a cruel world. Killing someone competing with their business is so out of character for them!
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Sounds like the ole "drug deal gone bad."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Could have been a fellow Anarcho-Capitalist....

Galton was part of a small community of fellow anarcho-capitalists formed by Jeff Berwick, who promised a drug-friendly haven and hosts the annual “Anarchapulco” festival. Berwick says Galton and Forester should’ve known what they were getting into.

“They started up a competing conference to Anarchapulco, called Anarchaforko and John continued to be involved in one way or another with the production or sale of plants,” Berwick told The Daily Beast in an email. “Unfortunately, that is the one thing that is very dangerous to do in Mexico as the drug cartels will attack anyone they see as competition and that appears to have happened to John.”

Anarchapulco will go on as scheduled next week and might be even bigger due to the murder, Berwick says.

“We've received nothing but love from attendees and expect this will not affect attendance in a negative way at all,” he said. “In fact, it could increase attendance as more people are exposed to our message this week due to media coverage of this tragic event.”
    Forester, meanwhile, suggested the murder had an anarchist connection.

“All I can say is be careful of everyone,” she wrote in a Telegram post, first reported by CoinSpice. “Those who talk anarchy don’t always Live in accordance. This was because we trusted and helped the wronfg [sic] ‘anarchist’. Be vigilant, on your toes and skeptical of all.”

In another Telegram post, she added that “the news is wrong, but I have to wait to tell my story.”
    she continued on Discord. “This is a big mess and while I'm sad about it I don't want to leave Mexico. Mexico isn't the problem, this was due to an American who hired Mexicans.

Anyone going to go see Ron?

This year’s Feb. 14-17 Anarchapulco promises a nudist pool, psychedelics, sex counseling, and sessions on radical homeschooling—as well as big-name Republican figures like former presidential candidate Ron Paul and Fox News personality Judge Andrew Napolitano.

The conference is located in a ritzy Acapulco hotel. Attendees will have shelled out $545 for tickets, with options to pay an additional $495 for an “investment summit,” $255 for the “Infinite Man” summit with a pickup artist, $140 for “De-Mystifying the Occult,” and $250 each for various drug ceremonies like “Jaguar Vision,” an hour-long DMT experience.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-g...ullets-instead
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-07-2019 at 05:20 PM.

^Sign me up for the Ron Paul visit, as well as Jaguar Vision.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

This.

Yeah, not the way I would Expat either.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    ^Sign me up for the Ron Paul visit, as well as Jaguar Vision.
    Send us some pics.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Send us some pics.
    I am too poor.

Give me a $#@!ing break. They enslaved themselves to a narrative about how great the things were outside of the first world. This is the result.

For some reason, all of these anarchists that move there equate not having a strong rule of law with freedom. Mexico is a third world $#@!hole. Property rights and rule of law are what make a functioning society. Mexico has neither, therefore it is not free.

I am not going to dump on this guy. I am strongly against the drug war. He should have watched Narcos Mexico. These guys don't mess around. One of the film crew scouts for Narcos was murdered in Mexico because he was poking around.

If your gut reaction isn't that a drug cartel killed him based on this story, you should never trust your gut.

Who do you think killed him? Richard Nixon?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Could have been a fellow Anarcho-Capitalist....

Anyone going to go see Ron?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-g...ullets-instead
    Wow. Just saw that article myself. It's worth reading the entire article.

It seems like all of these anarcho-utopia schemes in a foreign nation always end up resulting in scams, fraud or murder.

I had no idea Ron Paul was involved in this "event" and I would advise him to rethink it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast