Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh synagogue shooting thread

Pittsburgh synagogue shooting thread

Since the first thread was posted with a provocative title and quickly devolved, here's a thread that hopefully can stay mostly on topic of the event and out of Hot Topics. Please post news and updates and opinions in this thread.
    -----------------

I don't even know where to start with this. Instead, I'll just remind that there's nothing worse for the 2nd Amendment than a 'Republican' President. And in this case, probably the 1st Amendment as well.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the opposition party looking to repeal the second, this is like Christmas.

The government media organs will shouting this from the rooftops, nonstop.

Assuming the opposition party takes the senate and house, as is now likely, I reckon that Trump will sign any gun control bills they send him.

But I've been spectacularly wrong about him before, so who the hell knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Assuming the opposition party takes the senate and house, as is now likely, I reckon that Trump will sign any gun control bills they send him.

The Demoncrats won't take the House and will lose seats in the Senate.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Heard Trump statement in news where he said somethig had to be done. he also called for death penalty. Not clear if he was calling for more gun control as he did in the past.

In another rally speech, he called for unity and harmony, spoke against bigotry and called on politicians to stop calling their opponents morally defective.

He speoke forcefully against political violence.

Topic of body slamming of journalists did not come up in that speech, but it did in another one few days earlier.

Earlier today I went to the area where the shooting took place. I was interviewed by Millie Weaver of InfoWars, CBS and another news affiliate. I am waiting to see if they publish the interviews on the internet.

I took the opportunity to explain why people should be armed, instead of waiting around for LE or rely on “security guards” which may be on the other end of a building.

I expressed my condolences but made it perfectly clear that people have a natural right to defend themselves and their loved ones from criminals who take advantage of people and areas who they know are not armed.

I also talked about the FEDS taking over local issues and how it is repugnant to a free society, and facilitates movement into a full police state.

Finally, I mentioned that trump should have taken this opportunity to endorse people arming themselves to protect their loved ones instead of calling for more “security”. I’m sure the “news” didn’t want to hear that so we’ll have to wait and see, otherwise I will upload the interviews to YouTube or somewhere.

Sounds kind of familiar... Here he is complaining about refugees:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Oh really?

To whom?

Oh really?

To whom?
    To the rest of the white nationalists on Gab.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Many people can be right about one thing and wrong about others.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Many people can be right about one thing and wrong about others.
    Don't worry, he was anti-trump.

(But only because Trump is too friendly with Jews.)
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Earlier today I went to the area where the shooting took place. I was interviewed by Millie Weaver of InfoWars, CBS and another news affiliate. I am waiting to see if they publish the interviews on the internet.

I took the opportunity to explain why people should be armed, instead of waiting around for LE or rely on “security guards” which may be on the other end of a building.

I expressed my condolences but made it perfectly clear that people have a natural right to defend themselves and their loved ones from criminals who take advantage of people and areas who they know are not armed.

I also talked about the FEDS taking over local issues and how it is repugnant to a free society, and facilitates movement into a full police state.

Finally, I mentioned that trump should have taken this opportunity to endorse people arming themselves to protect their loved ones instead of calling for more “security”. I’m sure the “news” didn’t want to hear that so we’ll have to wait and see, otherwise I will upload the interviews to YouTube or somewhere.
    If you were close enough to see anything, do you have any observations about the scene itself?

So far, the only video is just loops of cops hut-hutting around looking like they're still in Fallujah.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

To the rest of the white nationalists on Gab.
    Ah...Got it.

They did that with Blasey-Ford and failed.

The people are not listening to them anymore. It no longer matters what they do or say. Americans recognize them as the enemies they are now, and trust nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Time to shutdown Twitter's competition:

"Bowers was an active user of Gab, a Twitter alternative that promotes itself as supporting free speech.An account appearing to belong to Bowers — now deactivated — was littered with anti-Semitic messages. His bio on the site read “jews are the children of satan.”"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If you were close enough to see anything, do you have any observations about the scene itself?

So far, the only video is just loops of cops hut-hutting around looking like they're still in Fallujah.
    No, I arrived after the fact. Also, I don’t know what trump did or did not say while en route (no internet), when I gave the interview I was speaking to what I had heard prior to getting into the car. I got a little out of breath jogging over to where the news media was.

Here’s the interview:

https://twitter.com/kstevec/status/1...739013121?s=21

So, what do we know about Robert Bowers?

Within an instant we knew Sayoc was Native American and a Trump supporter.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    So, what do we know about Robert Bowers?

Within an instant we knew Sayoc was Native American and a Trump supporter.
    Nothing other than his age (46) and the existence of the Gab account (with little interaction with other users).

1k score on an yearlong active Gab account means reaching almost nobody. I have a Gab account about the same age that I use exclusively for sharing anime, with 25k points in about the same amount of time, and I wouldn't say the account is all that popular, I average less than 5 "points" (likes + retweets) per post.

Triggered
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Triggered
    What does "HIAS" mean? Pardon my ignorance?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    What does "HIAS" mean? Pardon my ignorance?
    It's a Soros organization whose event last weekend appears to have triggered the shooter.

https://www.hias.org/national-refugee-shabbat

Mind you, this refugee stuff has absolutely zero support in the Torah, so they're hijacking the religion (and government funds) to promote mass third-world immigration that gets dumped on unsuspecting communities around the US.

This is why I'm like meh about it. Feel like a bystander in late Weimar watching commies and brownshirts duke it out.

This is why I'm like meh about it. Feel like a bystander in late Weimar watching commies and brownshirts duke it out.

I feel likewise, only probably like the early Weimar? who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It's a Soros organization whose event last weekend appears to have triggered the shooter.

Mind you, this refugee stuff has absolutely zero support in the Torah, so they're hijacking the religion (and government funds) to promote mass third-world immigration that gets dumped on unsuspecting communities around the US.

Yeah, I feel likewise, I was at work and heard someone say we "ought to get rid of this innocent before proven guilty thing". I remained stone faced and realized just how far off the edge this country has gone.

I too feel like I'm watching the pretext to the Spanish Civil War in which Franco's side got butt hurt after losing to a democratically elected president. Sounds familiar, only he had the military and foreign backing. I'm waiting to see which side garnishes more military support than the other. But who knows, hope I'm wrong.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PBS had reported that shooting suspect retweeted this claim that Trump was going after "Rise Above Movement" and "Proud Boys" :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqhqfyzWsAEH8Zb.jpg

That might be too simplistic an explanation, the suspect was "anti-Trump" :

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/rober...ican-democrat/

Ben Collins‏ Verified account @oneunderscore__ Oct 27

Bowers reposted this image, a screenshot of a Star of David on the side of a truck purportedly in the migrant caravan, several times before the attack. It's from a Fox News segment about the caravan that didn't mention the decal.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect-threatened-jewish-groups-pushed-migrant-caravan-n925256 …

Trump calls Pittsburgh synagogue attack ‘evil’ anti-Semitism
    49 minutes ago
    https://www.apnews.com/5f596ac7b6f845e59460e9e69072da03

Conspiracy theories about Soros aren’t just false. They’re anti-Semitic.
    Blaming Jewish outsiders for dissent and social unrest isn’t new.
    October 24
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.8304a1174235

IVANKA: WE MUST UNITE AGAINST EVIL...
    NETANYAHU 'HEARTBROKEN'...
    ADL: Deadliest attack on community in USA history...

From Drudge.
    One of those occasions when Trump, Ivanka, Netanyahu, ADL and waPo have similar views.

Quick lookup shows interesting history of HIAS. HIAS apparently has changed its mission since major Russian immigrants exodus from then Soviet Union following global Islamic Jihad against Russia supported by US-Israel-Saudis.

With few Jewish refugees left, HIAS aids non-Jews

After decades as the Jewish community’s foremost voice on immigration, HIAS is making formal its shift to refugee care and resettlement overseas.
    By JTA
    July 17, 2013
    https://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/J...efugees-320113

U.S. Congressional Black Caucus to Protest Israel’s Deportation of African Asylum Seekers

Move revealed by head of Jewish refugee agency, who also warns that Israeli government’s plan will only increase alienation of American Jews from Israel
    Feb 25, 2018
    “In the eyes of the American-Jewish community – particularly the younger generation – this is very upsetting and it’s just going to cause further alienation from Israel,” Mark Hetfield, the president and CEO of HIAS (founded as the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society), told Haaretz.
    “I mean, Israel is supposed to be a light onto the nations on these kinds of issues, so those who are already skeptical about Israel are going to be even more skeptical,” he added.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...kers-1.5847467

I getcha but I don't think that is needed to explain this case.

The big picture situation is that mass importation of foreign cultures creates widespread social stress. Due to the chaotic nature of such things, it was inevitable that the stress thus caused would result in some sort of blowback; the more stress, the more blowback.

Voting for Trump's wall is how normal people expressed their blowback. Going on a crazy shooting spree is how this character did so. Given the amount of social stress caused by multiculturalism and the scale of it, that the range of natural variation in blowback response would include on its fringes extreme actors seems reasonable.

Multiculturalism and identity politics have completely torn apart the social fabric of the country. Outlier types of responses like this one to such extreme social stress are all but inevitable, the only question is where and when it happens.

Given that, if we accept the face value explanation as given by the alleged shooter - and there's no reason not to as it is coherent - the shooter was acting in direct response to the activities which radicalized him, i.e. the social stress brought on by multiculturalism, which was the very specific motive.

Let's again go back to the trigger event: https://www.hias.org/national-refugee-shabbat

My interest is that I'd like to know how the hell they justify doing this is the name of Judaism - what's their claim of scriptural support?

This is the kind of thing I find: "“Torah commands us 36 times to welcome the stranger. The repetition is interesting—maybe it’s because it’s not the most important commandment, but the easiest to forget.”" https://www.hias.org/newsroom (see Jun 24 entry) . They'll use the terms "alien" and "foreigner" in the place of stranger as well, depending on who is saying it.

However, if you go to the actual Torah, it doesn't say any of that. The word the Torah uses is "sojourner", which is sort of like a stranger but has a profound difference, a deliberately omitted one.

And they need to omit that difference because it blows the hell out of their scriptural fig leaf. The difference is that a sojourner is one whose stay is by definition temporary. And they use this as the basis for a permanent resettlement program.

So this is a Communist lie with a veneer of fake Jewry; that's really what's going on here and that is really where the problem originates.

No Jewish organization should have anything to do with such things, not only because it is not supported by the Torah at all, but also because it plays right into all the worst stereotypes of Jews as subversive in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    That's pretty standard for Gab.
    Pinochet is the model

They were just waiting to ban gab and looking for a reason to do it. All of the competitor social networks have a target on their backs.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    No, I arrived after the fact. Also, I don’t know what trump did or did not say while en route (no internet), when I gave the interview I was speaking to what I had heard prior to getting into the car. I got a little out of breath jogging over to where the news media was.

Here’s the interview:

https://twitter.com/kstevec/status/1...739013121?s=21
    GREAT interview! Well said. Wonder why the video was recorded on a potato.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast