Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: To Anarchists: How does anarchy work.

Quote Originally Posted by noneedtoaggress View Post
    I really don't know why you guys are bothering to write paragraphs to respond to this.

I tend to agree with you since I don't suffer fools gladly, but to each their own.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I tend to agree with you since I don't suffer fools gladly, but to each their own.
    TBH I could think of a couple reasons, but still wow. Not sure how worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Yes, because people are fools for not sharing your political beliefs. Let me guess...people are also fools for not sharing your religious beliefs as well? Religious and political tolerance is way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerographica View Post
    Yes, because people are fools for not sharing your political beliefs. Let me guess...people are also fools for not sharing your religious beliefs as well? Religious and political tolerance is way overrated.
    Oops, Xero. You must have missed this. I'll share it again.

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst View Post
    Anarchism promotes competition and the free funding of ideas. If pragmatarianism were the best possible idea, would not people decide on their own free will to create pragmatarianism out of anarchism?

Put your money where your mouth is Xero, if you truly believe pragmatarianism is the obvious best answer, then why don't you promote anarchism since obviously pragmatarianism will be the end result??

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oops, Xero. You must have missed this. I'll share it again.

Here:
    Nope...I responded to your question. Yet...you still have not responded to my question.

Nope...I responded to your question. Yet...you still have not responded to my question.
    Nope...you didn't. Here it is again in case you've lost it.

OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    You can't opt out. And that's why your "Free market security" can't work
    Forgive me for committing the Argument from Authority fallacy, but I feel these quotes are relevant.

If we reflect on how security works in the real world, we discover a huge and important role for private enterprise, and we find that the vast government apparatus of "national security" does not keep us safe so much as threaten our liberties by regarding the entire citizenry as a threat.Private security does not threaten our civil liberties, but government-provided security does. - Ron Paul, Liberty Defined, page 255

"The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions." - Ron Paul, Liberty Defined, page 288

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...urts&p=3461247
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 02-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

You can say that you're not happy with your choices of crappy government organizations...but why is it necessary for me to convince you of the value of giving taxpayers a choice which government organizations receive their taxes?

We already know the liberal response to lowering/eliminating taxes...so let's put pragmatarianism on the table and see how they respond. They are going to think that both choices are bad...but perhaps they'll think that pragmatarianism is less bad enough that they might be willing to consider it. If they consider it then we would be in for a fascinating and extremely educational national debate.
    It would certainly be fascinating to observe people's choices, but I don't think it would advance the cause of liberty to engage in a national debate about how best to allocate a huge amount of stolen money. It would be better to focus on why the government shouldn't steal it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fan View Post
    It would certainly be fascinating to observe people's choices, but I don't think it would advance the cause of liberty to engage in a national debate about how best to allocate a huge amount of stolen money. It would be better to focus on why the government shouldn't steal it in the first place.
    Who's in a better position to answer the question of theft than the taxpayers themselves? They are the victims here. It should be up to the taxpayers to decide whether they would boycott the government organizations that are directly responsible for the theft of their money.

“I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Lol Bob Murphy is such a goofball. Great vids.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    I almost feel ashamed in myself for starting this thread.
    Why? Didn't you get paid? I haven't seen you for awhile. Or have I?

I honestly believed....
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Thanks for bumping this thead! It was great reading back through the excellent arguments made by a ton of advocates of statelessness who are - sadly - not posting anymore these days.

Even if there is no possible path from where we are to anarchy, and even if anarchy were totally impossible to maintain even if it could be achieved, those are no reasons not to be an anarchist.

The feasibility of statelessness is totally irrelevant to the question of whether or not you ought to advocate the institution of the state.

I don't hold out any hope for a world totally free of theft. But that doesn't stop me from saying that theft is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Thanks for bumping this thead! It was great reading back through the excellent arguments made by a ton of advocates of statelessness who are - sadly - not posting anymore these days.

Thankfully we were able to chase off most of those disruptive, liberty hating anarchists and look how much better off RPFs is as a result.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

The feasibility of statelessness is totally irrelevant to the question of whether or not you ought to advocate the institution of the state.
    Ummmm..... Yeah.... It is actually the only question that matters.

The test of how good an idea is if it works. Doesn't work. Not a good idea. Anarchism doesn't work. Therefore bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

The test of how good an idea is if it works. Doesn't work. Not a good idea. Anarchism doesn't work. Therefore bad idea.

"Let's do stupid things that yield bad results because it makes me feel good"
    Who else do we know that "thinks" that way?

Anarchism is a leftist movement and it is poison.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

"Let's do stupid things that yield bad results because it makes me feel good"
    Who else do we know that "thinks" that way?

Anarchism is a leftist movement and it is poison.
    Actually, utilitarian ethics is itself leftist. And it's totally incompatible with Christianity.

"Nobody can point to a society where nobody steals.

Therefore, saying theft is wrong doesn't work.

Therefore, saying theft is wrong is a bad idea."

See how obviously wrong that argument is?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, utilitarian ethics is itself leftist. And it's totally incompatible with Christianity.
    Anarchism is totally incompatible with Christianity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

how does anarchy work?
    It doesn't.

It's a beautiful vision, Rothbard's, but there cannot be a free market in security.

Anarchism is totally incompatible with Christianity.
    But a total rejection of earthly Authority is a requirement.

you CAN NOT serve two Masters.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_anarchism

Christian anarchism is a movement in political theology that claims anarchism is inherent in Christianity and the Gospels. It is grounded in the belief that there is only one source of authority to which Christians are ultimately answerable—the authority of God as embodied in the teachings of Jesus.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    But a total rejection of earthly Authority is a requirement.

you CAN NOT serve two Masters.
    That is not true, that would require you to reject the authority of your parents, earthly authority must be put in its proper place below heavenly authority in a similar manner.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Nobody can point to a society where nobody steals.

Therefore, saying theft is wrong doesn't work.

Therefore, saying theft is wrong is a bad idea."

See how obviously wrong that argument is?

You need courts, police and military and you need to pay for them. The absence of taxation is an absence of liberty.

Saying taxation is theft just like stealing a TV set is theft is the same argument argument PETA would use. PETA will say taking a life is wrong. So they will equate killing a human and killing a cow or vilify trophy hunters. I get those are arguments people make. The problem is rights only exist to further human life. Taxation is an important part of furthering human life to the extent it used to core functions like courts, police, and military.

And if you disagree. go start your own tax free competing country and see how well that works.

That is not true, that would require you to reject the authority of your parents, earthly authority must be put in its proper place below heavenly authority in a similar manner.
    Parents are a spiritual authority.. Ordained by God and NOT man.

All earthly authority is under the prince of this world.
    He has NO Authority over me.

I understand this.

If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.…
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-10-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You need courts, police and military and you need to pay for them.
    No,, I don't.

I don't need them at all... they are imposed on me.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No,, I don't.

I don't need them at all... they are imposed on me.
    As they should be.

If someone aggresses against you, how would you resolve the dispute with courts and police? Or if you run someone over, how will they have recourse against you?

Never really answered by sovereign citizens.

As they should be.

If someone aggresses against you, how would you resolve the dispute with courts and police? Or if you run someone over, how will they have recourse against you?

Never really answered by sovereign citizens.
    I don't call police.

People call me instead of police.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast