Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns Owners of America Endorses Ted Cruz for President

Thumbs down Guns Owners of America Endorses Ted Cruz for President

http://www.gunowners.org/alert982015.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GOA
    Gun Owners of America is proud to endorse Senator Ted Cruz for the office of President of the United States.

While there are many candidates in the race, Ted Cruz is the only one who has completed and returned the GOA presidential survey on the Second Amendment.

Cruz has been a strong advocate for Second Amendment rights as a U.S. Senator, and he will continue to defend our gun rights from the Oval Office.

Ted Cruz has promised gun owners that, as President, he will remove the United States as a signatory nation to the anti-gun Arms Trade Treaty -- a U.N. treaty that would fully implement a system of gun owner registration if ratified by the U.S. Senate.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously? $#@! those guys, then. I thought the Pratts were good guys. Rafael Eduardo Cruz, Jr. is a $#@!ing NATURAL BORN CANADIAN. He is ineligible to serve in the office of President of these united States. This press release is tantamount to treason by the GOA. $#@! them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Seriously? $#@! those guys, then. I thought the Pratts were good guys. Rafael Eduardo Cruz, Jr. is a $#@!ing NATURAL BORN CANADIAN. He is ineligible to serve in the office of President of these united States. This press release is tantamount to treason by the GOA. $#@! them.
    Still, WTF didn't Randal's team return the survey?

Ted Cruz is the only one who has completed and returned the GOA presidential survey on the Second Amendment.
    It suspect it would have been Rand if someone did not drop the ball.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Has Teh Collinz stopped advising Rand?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

If Rand didn't complete their survey, there is no one to blame but him and his campaign.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Given the the current fare of riffraff, it would seem apparent that. His place of birt is no longer an issue.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Even if Rand didn't return a survey, why would the GOA endorse Cruz? Don't they understand that privacy and gun rights are linked?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Has Teh Collinz stopped advising Rand?
    You obviously don't understand strategery.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I hate to say it, but it is reminding me far too much of his father's campaigns.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 09-08-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Why would rand fail to turn in this survey? It makes no sense unless he did not receive one.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

So let's see how Cruz's numbers change.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I hate to say it, but it is reminding me far too much of his father's campaigns.
    I was going to say the same thing but figured give it a few more posts to see if someone else will say it.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    So let's see how Cruz's numbers change.
    Don't think they will change much. Cruz's entire strategy at this point seems to be centered around hoping something happens that causes Trump to implode. If that happens, then he has a good shot at picking up the bulk of his voters. And if it doesn't happen, Cruz has a good shot at VP or Supreme Court nomination or at the very least, a Senator that McConnell can no longer ignore because he has the ear of the President.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Don't think they will change much. Cruz's entire strategy at this point seems to be centered around hoping something happens that causes Trump to implode. If that happens, then he has a good shot at picking up the bulk of his voters. And if it doesn't happen, Cruz has a good shot at VP or Supreme Court nomination or at the very least, a Senator that McConnell can no longer ignore because he has the ear of the President.
    I agree and think Cruz has virtually no chance of winning a state outside of the south. I am amazed he has done so well and surpassed Rand.

I think the establishment has been favorable to Cruz since they know he is not a threat and serves the purpose to draw votes from Rand thus neutralizing him as a factor. If Cruz was not in the race, I believe much of his support would have naturally gone to Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GOA is a gun rights group, not an anti-Canada group.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    The ear of what president? You're not talking about Trump are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I agree and think Cruz has virtually no chance of winning a state outside of the south. I am amazed he has done so well and surpassed Rand.

I think the establishment has been favorable to Cruz since they know he is not a threat and serves the purpose to draw votes from Rand thus neutralizing him as a factor. If Cruz was not in the race, I believe much of his support would have naturally gone to Rand.
    He's an Israel-firster, so the Neocons don't hate him.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    If Rand didn't complete their survey, there is no one to blame but him and his campaign.
    I blame GOA for basing its endorsement on a survey.

I doubt that not returning the survey was incompetence. I assume that Rand made a decision not to kowtow to organizations that want him to fill out surveys for their endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I doubt that not returning the survey was incompetence. I assume that Rand made a decision not to kowtow to organizations that want him to fill out surveys for their endorsements.
    They are basically the pro Ron Paul gun organization and even have Ron in their logo. How do you screw that up. Oh I see, this again.

He has opposed efforts to reward millions of illegal aliens with citizenship and voting rights, given that the majority of them are anti-gunners who have ignored and flouted our laws.

GOA Endorses Ted Cruz for President
    http://www.gunowners.org/alert982015.htm
    Rand supports a path to citizenship while Cruz opposes it. I guess they do not give a damn about Cruz campaigning to increase high-skilled “H1B” visas since they do not have voting rights.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I blame GOA for basing its endorsement on a survey.
    Pretty much ALL these orgs base endorsements on a survey or some kind of survey process. As someone who has done all of this before, WITHOUT a fancy high falutin staff, there truly is no excuse for this. And I am "no one but Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    fair enough; one thing I will say though is that it sounds awfully strange that Rafael would be the ONLY candidate to return the survey. I mean there are how many GOP candidates? And Cruz was the ONLY one to complete it and return it? That sounds suspicious or strange. I wonder if Cruz is the only one they sent it to...

Randal has done fundraising for NAGR; is there bad blood between those 2 groups?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is also possible they chose not to return the survey since answering yes to supporting a pathway to citizenship would automatically eliminate him. The Cruz endorsement shows being against pathway high on that list of reasons.

Rand's campaign is run by GOA's competitor. It's not difficult to understand why this prime endorsement opportunity slipped away.

Rand's campaign is run by GOA's competitor. It's not difficult to understand why this prime endorsement opportunity slipped away.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Someone dropped the ball. This is a pretty well known organisation. There is no excuse for someone not contacting them and asking for a survey if they had to.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Jan2017

Well on weekends cookin' breakfast with the family . . .

"crispy . . . jus' the way I like it."

"While there are many candidates in the race, Ted Cruz is the only one who has completed and returned the GOA presidential survey on the Second Amendment."

For some reason, nobody is pointing out the obvious. The other 17 people didn't receive a survey and fail to return it. That is so laughably absurd.

This is the Republican Primary. Pretty much everyone is pro-gun. Do you think Rick Perry is not competing for a gun rights organization's support? Do you think ALL the campaigns just opted not to fill it out? Rand more than likely did not receive a survey.

EDIT: Specsaregood noted the same thing in post 24
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 09-08-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic