Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social D Campaigns with Paul in Iowa!

Social D Campaigns with Paul in Iowa!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...-with-ron-paul

One of the greatest bands in rock music over the past 25 years! WOW!

DES MOINES - Social Distortion's lead guitarist, in town with his band, rallied with Ron Paul on the eve of the Iowa caucus. The guitarist, who goes by Jonny H. or Jonny Wickersham, enjoyed a mid-morning beverage while waiting for Paul to address hundreds of supporters in a Des Moines Marriott. He told HuffPost he's a strong Paul supporter, but wouldn't be out knocking on doors for the Texas Republican.

Social D. is one of the founding American punk rock bands, still touring since its launch in the 1970s. Wickersham joined the band in 2000, after of founding guitarist Dennis Danell.

Wickersham's attendance caused a stir among nearby reporters, some of whom speculated he wasn't actually a band member because the name he gave out didn't match the band line up. HuffPost later found Jonny H. at the Marriott bar, who said he shouldn't have given out his real name. "We're like The Ramons," he said. "We all have stage names."

-- Ryan Grim

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why wouldn't one of the greatest punk/rock bands of all time support a 75 year old, OB-GYN turned 12-term congressman in his effort to win the White House?

Ron Paul is a such a Rock Star.

the trend continues
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Ha. Sweet. My dad went to school with Ness and Danell and threw house parties with Social D, TSOL, and others in Fullerton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

That's kinda cool, I saw them a few years ago. I'm into a lot noisier punk but it's still nice to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Ha. Sweet. My dad went to school with Ness and Danell and threw house parties with Social D, TSOL, and others in Fullerton.
    !! Mike Ness is one of the few humans I put in the same caliber as Ron Paul. He's an absolute genius. When he went off and did his own cow-punk sort of thing, playing Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and Bob Dylan songs it was amazing.

Your dad, by association, rules.

Incidentally, their new album is pretty damn unique. Good stuff.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 01-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Social Distortion has huge cred.

I remember going to see Social D in the early 90's before DD died and he joined. I'm getting old. I saw Mike Ness on TV recently and he's looking kinda old too.

Nice endorsement, does Ness agree?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm assuming official campaign has something to do with all this. There are a lot of the right musicians jumping on board. A very nice cross section of top musicians. And all jumping on so fast that it's hard to keep track of them.

I recommend Amazon "add to cart" when people want to show support. And then everyone pulls the trigger on the sale at the same time to show jumps.

I saw Social D in May at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, N.J. and they blistered it. Best show I have seen in a while. Ness is still relevant.

holy effin' crap... that's awesome! social d is my third favorite band of all time!

That. Is. Way. $#@!ing. Cool.

Social D rocks.

Anybody reach out to Jimmy Vaughn this time around?

Some other names that might be open to RP:

Henry Rollins

Dave Mustaine

Krist Novaselic (he endorsed in 2008)

Matt Bellamy

Les Claypool
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaJuke View Post
    I saw Social D in May at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, N.J. and they blistered it. Best show I have seen in a while. Ness is still relevant.
    Awesome, I saw them there in the 90's.

Played a double header with White Zombie IIRC.

Blew the place away.

Love Social D. Always a great concert.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

And of course:

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Billy Corgan just tweeted a pro RP video

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Billy Corgan just tweeted a pro RP video
    Smashing Pumpkins now? All these musicians are coming out of the closet in support of Dr. Paul?

WOOT! I smell a R3VOLUTION!
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Wow. Social D, Smashing Pumpkins, Blues Traveler, Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch. Geeesh.

"I always knew that if you were going to have a revolution you needed two things. young people, and music." - Ron Paul.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Wow. Social D, Smashing Pumpkins, Blues Traveler, Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch. Geeesh.
    Also have The Industry (haven't heard of them), and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

http://www.dailypaul.com/179247/the-...-atlanta-video

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Facebook-Page.

The skeptic in me says they're just doing it for record sales.

blues traveller. social distortion, staind.....have the beginnings of a killer concert here

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This cover would make Johnny proud. I like it better when they play it this way than how they did it in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    blues traveller. social distortion, staind.....have the beginnings of a killer concert here
    If somebody can get blues traveler and SD, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    Not SD. They are as real as it gets.

When did Smashing Pumpkins endorse Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    Well, Social D's guitar player is actually IN Iowa with Ron. John Popper is volunteering for the campaign. Kelly Clarkson went out of a limb and seemed really genuine.

I believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If somebody can get blues traveler and SD, I'm in.
    I would just throw bags of money at any PAC that made it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast