Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Graham: If You Don't Support Keeping DREAMers, 'Don't Vote For Me'

Sen. Graham: If You Don't Support Keeping DREAMers, 'Don't Vote For Me'

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told voters who support deporting children covered under the DREAM Act that he didn't want their vote.
    "I'm excited about giving you a chance to live the rest of your life" in America, Graham said of DREAMers.
    "I embrace you, and I want you to succeed," he said, speaking at a press conference with Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.).
    "To the people who object to this, I don't want you to vote for me. Because, I cannot serve you well," he said.

More at: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/2...m-dont-vote-me

Pride goeth before a fall.
    I hope.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, that is my thread, I thought this was different enough to warrant it's own thread.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Lindsey GUN GRAB Graham? Yeah, I wouldnt vote for that Neocon anyway.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

#gotTREASON?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Trump supported Dreamers. After he opposed them. Then he opposed them again. Another issue he really isn't sure what he thinks.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...amers-can-stay
    Donald Trump Says DREAMers Can Stay

In a reversal of a key campaign pledge, the president now says young immigrants can stay in the U.S.

The Trump administration is continuing an Obama-era program allowing so-called "dreamers," young people whose parents brought them to the United States illegally, to stay and work here, handing a big victory to immigration activists who have been battling with the new president on immigrant travel and refugee matters.

The decision, a one-line mention at the bottom of a memo the Department of Homeland Security released Thursday night, is also a reversal of a campaign promise of Donald Trump, who pledged as a candidate to "immediately terminate" protections offered by program.

The memo details the administration's decision to abandon the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents, or DAPA, program, which protected the parents of legal residents and U.S. citizens from deportation. That program has never been in full effect, as it was enjoined by the courts, and the Homeland Security's decision merely formalizes what has been ongoing policy. At the end of the memo, however, the administration offered a notice that may be less-palatable to Trump's political base: "The June 15, 2012 memorandum that created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will remain in effect."

DACA has far more public sympathy, since it applies to people who were brought to the United States as young children and have no real ties to their countries of birth. Some do not even have the language skills needed to relocate in their home countries, if they are deported.
    Trump meeting with Dreamers in Trump Tower:

His latest position (today):

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...162495223.html

Trump won’t support new plan to save ‘Dreamers’ from deportation

WASHINGTON
    The White House signaled on Wednesday that President Donald Trump will not support a new bipartisan plan to protect young undocumented immigrants — so-called “Dreamers” — from being placed back in line for deportation.

A White House official told McClatchy that Trump would not sign a new DREAM Act being crafted by a bipartisan team led by Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. and Dick Durbin, D-Ill. Another official, legislative affairs director Marc Short, also said the administration will likely oppose the Dream Act as it has in the past.

It’s enforcement first. Then we can get to all these other things,” said the first White House official, who would not speak publicly because of the sensitivity of the discussions.

Graham and Durbin planned to re-introduce a version of the long-stalled legislation as early as Thursday that would provide an escape hatch for young immigrants who could lose their special protected status because of a court challenge from Texas and nine other states.

Trump’s opposition to the proposal could dash one of the greatest hopes for Congress to help the roughly 800,000 young immigrants who had been protected by Obama’s controversial 2012 deferred action program, known as DACA, that is unlikely to withstand the legal challenge. But the White House official said Trump’s priority is on measures that crack down on illegal immigration as he promised during the campaign.

The president instead favors a pair of already-introduced measures that would cut down on illegal and legal immigration, the official said. One goes after sanctuary cities, or jurisdictions that refuse to hold immigrants in their jails longer so federal officials can pick them up to be deported. The other is a “merit-based system” proposal would reduce overall legal immigration and redirect visas toward immigrants with special skills.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How can voters be pretty smart and capable in their lives and then elect the people that they do? It is difficult for me to reconcile.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    How can voters be pretty smart and capable in their lives and then elect the people that they do? It is difficult for me to reconcile.
    Society teaches us to specialize our knowledge in order to be more useful to society. Lots of people don't know how to change the oil in their car, I have met adults who have never put gas in a car but driven them.

People tend to only know about maybe pop cultural stuff or maybe sports and whatever industry they specialize in, and maybe whatever hobbies they have.

Most people are completely ignorant about government, and learn about their government from the public school system. The public schools indoctrinate the people into this sort of cult of the state or religion of government.

Trump supported Dreamers. After he opposed them. Then he opposed them again. Another issue he really isn't sure what he thinks.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...amers-can-stay

Trump meeting with Dreamers in Trump Tower:

His latest position (today):

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...162495223.html

He is not going to have the justice department fight it, they are going back.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    He is not going to have the justice department fight it, they are going back.
    Go back to where? Many were just young children and don't know anyplace else. And some don't even know Spanish. Punishing children for the actions of the parents.

Go back to where? Many were just young children and don't know anyplace else. And some don't even know Spanish. Punishing children for the actions of the parents.
    Is this your case, Zip?

Is it worth pointing out Ron Paul himself is also opposed to deporting DREAMers, or anyone else for that matter?

Immigrants who can't be sent back due to the magnitude of the problem should not be given citizenship--no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a "green card" with an asterisk could be issued. This in-between status, keeping illegal immigrants in limbo, will be said that it will create a class of 2nd-class citizens. Yet it could be argued that it may well allow some immigrants who come here illegally a beneficial status without automatic citizenship--a much better option than deportation.

Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.156

Even with a healthy economy and stricter border controls, the issue of what to do with twelve-million-plus illegals already here would persist. One side says use the U.S. Army, round them up, and ship them home. The other side says give them amnesty, make them full-fledged citizens, and reward the lawbreakers, thus insulting and unfairly penalizing those who have patiently waited and obeyed our immigration laws. The first choice--sending twelve to fifteen million illegals home--isn't going to happen and should not happen. Neither the determination or the ability to accomplish it exists. Besides, if each case is looked at separately, we would find ourselves splitting up families and deporting some who have lived here for decades, if not their entire life, and who never lived for any length of time in Mexico.

Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.153

Back to the nations they are part of, they are not Americans by just being in America anymore then I am a horse by being in a barn or a plane by being in a hanger.

We are enforcing a just law, their parents know god damnable well what they were doing, they sought to use their kids to exploit the laws of America, to use their kids as human shields for their acts of fraud, to amass ever increasing burdens on the backs of the American people..

Their parents are to blame, as is everyone who aids, employees, or advocates for them.

If only you knew the feels of Real Americans, Zip, if only you see and hear how we think, what we feel, and the lack anything resembling a $#@! we are not capable of giving.

They are going back, DACA? Its only the beginning.
    Wait until the wall is fully finished.
    Wait until Sanctuary Cities are fully defended
    Wait until ICE`s 10,000 agents are fully hired
    Wait until you see the hordes of would be enemy voters streaming OUT of this nation, never again to threaten our nation, culture, wages, rights, or future
    Wait until LEGAL immigration is capped at 250,000 per year
    Wait until Brightright Citizenship is ended via a simply bill in the house

Its happening, Nationalism, secure borders, not open borders "muh drugs, muh buttsex" "we are all interchangeable cogs seeking to make a few dollars" wins out as it always has, always will.

Maybe you should not based your world view on false premises, wishful thinking and lies.
    Last edited by RestorationOfLiberty; 07-25-2017 at 04:29 AM.

How is repatriating Mexican, Honduran, Ecuadorian children with their native land harmful?

What is inferior about Mexico, etc?

Are you a white supremacist?

It is the peak of arrogance to lure children from other countries here under the guise that America is culturally exceptional and then not encourage these families to return to their home countries to practice their native cultures.

You are a racist.

And evidently a pedophile based on your previous response to another thread.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 07-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    How is repatriating Mexican, Honduran, Ecuadorian children with their native land harmful?

Are you a white supremist?

It is the peak of arrogance to lure children from other countries here under the guise that America is culturally exceptional and then not encourage these families to return to their home countries to practice their native cultures.

You are a racist.

This line of questioning can not be tolerated in a civil society. Please report to a re-education camp immediately.

You are a racist.

This...Zip, why do do you hate brown children?

Zip, are you going to answer?....Nope, I thought so.
    Last edited by RestorationOfLiberty; 07-25-2017 at 07:31 PM.

I would not vote for Graham regardless of any position he had on any immigrants .
    Do something Danke

I'd be a real shame if, after all the horrific $#@! (s)he's advocated over the years, Linzi finally got the axe for being on the right side of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is this your case, Zip?
    Pretty sure it is the case of the current Constitution. Am I wrong?

You are a racist.

Because repatriation of American born children, fully adapted since infancy, to this form of governance and assimilated to our language and culture, as the founders eulogized, into a system foreign to them, would be unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Because repatriation of American born children, fully adapted since infancy, to this form of governance and assimilated to our language and culture, as the founders eulogized, into a system foreign to them, would be unethical?
    Kidnapping generally is

The devils in the details, you lose the argument by arguing their argument and by arguing their argument to make your point. This outrage to political correctness will only go away when we deport all of the people who perpetuate it.

This has nothing to do with people that come here illegally, its about the culture who lets people get away with it. Liking Trump is all about hating what you perceive to be his enemies and Trump makes everyone his "enemy".

For some people Trump is real enough to them, like fake wrestling, that people think he is solving injustices in the world, and that they are doing something about it by supporting him. These people are sadly mistaken and they perpetuate this nonsense on purpose to keep his poll numbers from the gutter.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    you lose the argument by arguing their argument and by arguing their argument to make your point.
    I don't think I'm arguing their argument. So I don't really understand. Please give me a little more understanding to your thought process.

I don't think I'm arguing their argument. So I don't really understand. Please give me a little more understanding to your thought process.
    double speak + double think = two different conversations/interpretations. The argument I think is impossible to have. It's such a sacred cow to the political establishment that people turn off their brain. I think it's one of those issues that most people are biased about so they won't even consider other opinions because they are brainwashed into believing that government intervention is here and isn't going anywhere, and with that attitude it will never.

double speak + double think = two different conversations/interpretations. The argument I think is impossible to have. It's such a sacred cow to the political establishment that people turn off their brain. I think it's one of those issues that most people are biased about so they won't even consider other opinions because they are brainwashed into believing that government intervention is here and isn't going anywhere, and with that attitude it will never.
    I think I know what you are saying. If I argue a Constitutional point, or most especially a pre-Constitutional point, it is, for me, rather a way of getting around to the point that this mythical Republic, that so many believe in, became a farce soon after inception. Because that is the way of government. Very few are the altruistic when it comes to seats of power.

They are not all that assimilated, more over they vote against the rights and freedoms this nation is founded on, giving our enemies the benefit of imported ringers, diluting our voters, drowning us out in our home nation.

The Founders clearly supported very tight restrictions on Immigration and would not have supported open borders, or the insane idea of "bright right citizenship".

More over they were entirely comfortable with mass deportations.

All around DACA ending, and the end of bright right ciztenship as well as limiting legal immigration to non harmful levels will be actions that secure the future of the Republic, Thank God.

But I guess you are ok with imported hordes out voting you, right?

The devils in the details, you lose the argument by arguing their argument and by arguing their argument to make your point. This outrage to political correctness will only go away when we deport all of the people who perpetuate it.

This has nothing to do with people that come here illegally, its about the culture who lets people get away with it. Liking Trump is all about hating what you perceive to be his enemies and Trump makes everyone his "enemy".

For some people Trump is real enough to them, like fake wrestling, that people think he is solving injustices in the world, and that they are doing something about it by supporting him. These people are sadly mistaken and they perpetuate this nonsense on purpose to keep his poll numbers from the gutter.
    Aw yes, everyone who does not agree with me is a fool. We support him because he advances our agenda. Plain and simple. The fact his is an extinction level even for the MSM, Cuckservative base is just added bonuses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast