Thread: Rosenstein defiant as impeachment talk rises

Rosenstein defiant as impeachment talk rises

Start of something major?

Rosenstein defiant as impeachment talk rises

By Olivia Beavers and Morgan Chalfant - 05/03/18 06:00 AM EDT

Rod Rosenstein is offering a fierce defense of the Justice Department amid mounting Republican criticism, making an unusually public stand for the institution he has served for nearly three decades.
    On Tuesday, the deputy attorney general rebuked the nascent conservative effort to impeach him, likely exacerbating tensions with conservatives in the House.
    House Republicans are demanding access to classified documents related to the investigation of special counsel Robert Mueller, including a heavily redacted memo that spells out the scope of the investigation.
    ADVERTISEMENT

“There is really nothing to comment on there, but just give me the documents. The bottom line is, he needs to be give me the documents,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said during an interview with The Hill on Wednesday when asked about his response to Rosenstein.
    “I have one goal in mind, and that is not somebody’s job or the termination of somebody’s job, it is getting the documents and making sure we can do proper oversight,” he said, adding that there are “no current plans to introduce an impeachment resolution.”
    Republican lawmakers led by Meadows, chairman of the House Freedom Caucus one of President Trump’s top allies in Congress, have drafted eight articles of impeachment against Rosenstein. The articles make a series of charges against Rosenstein and question his credibility, reputation and fitness to serve.
    Conservatives have called the impeachment articles a last resort.
    Rosenstein dismissed the impeachment threat and went a step further by suggesting the Justice Department’s independence is being threatened.
    "There have been people who have been making threats privately and publicly against me for quite some time, and I think they should understand by now the Department of Justice is not going to be extorted," Rosenstein said during an appearance at the Newseum.
    "I just don't have anything to say about documents like that that nobody has the courage to put their name on and they leak in that way," he continued, after quipping earlier that the lawmakers “can't even resist leaking their own drafts."

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ent-talk-rises

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Impeach Pence instead.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Rosenstein can be trusted to fairly investigate himself and his buddies, and to fairly prosecute his enemies. Isn't that how it always works?

"We did a through and fair investigation, and found that policies were followed, and we did no wrong."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Impeach Pence instead.
    Instead of Rosenstein?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Instead of Rosenstein?
    oops.... shoulda read... but sure, why not?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Impeach Pence instead.
    Impeach Trump and then Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Impeach Trump and then Pence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

U.S. Representative Maxine Waters (shown), the Democratic Mouth from South Los Angeles County, has raised her own bet. Mad Maxine won’t just see that President Trump is impeached; she’s going to get Vice President Mike Pence impeached, too!
    That’s the latest from the elected official who has been pushing nutty-as-a-Snickers-bar leftists to get rough and tough with the president’s officials and supporters in public.
    Not to worry, though. Mad Maxine assures supporters that “God is on our side.”

The Latest: Get Pence
    Waters delivered her latest threat to bring down the president, and now his vice president, in front of the Stonewall Young Democrats in Los Angeles on Saturday.
    The Stonewall Young Democrats, as one might guess, are not named after Stonewall Jackson. Rather, the group takes its name from the notorious Stonewall Riots on June 28, 1969 in Greenwich Village in Manhattan. When hard-nosed cops raided a mob-run bar for homosexuals, “Queen Power reared its bleached blonde head in revolt,” as the New York Daily News reported in its legendary account, “**** Nest Raided, Queen Bees Stinging Mad.”
    Waters assured the gathering of Stonewallers that she wouldn’t stand by and let Trump and Pence — well, she didn’t explain what they were doing to deserve impeachment, but they’re going to be impeached nonetheless.

Said Waters: “I had a conversation here today, when someone asked, ‘Well what about Pence? If you were able to impeach, Pence will be worse. “And I said, ‘Look, one at a time.'”
    The lavender crowd hooted, hollered, and applauded.
    Waters continued the pointless rant: “You knock one down — one at a time. You knock one down. And then we’ll be ready for Pence. We’ll get him too.”
    More hoots, hollers, and applause.
    “We cannot be intimidated,” Waters continued. “We cannot be made to fear anybody who would undermine our ability to have a decent quality of life.”

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-get-pence-too

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment