Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tulsi Gabbard to run for President

This one is for the olbies of RPF do you remember Dennis Kucinich, if you don't he ran on the other side in 2008, he had many things he agreed with Ron Paul on.
    In fact many here on RPF said a Paul/Kucinich unity ticket could have beat an Obama/Biden ticket in 2008.

In 2020 Gabbard is the Kucinich of this race, much like Webb was in 2016 for the DNC.
    I have been posting to other forums that have political sections, and here is the interesting thing Obama voters from 2008/12 that switched to Trump in 2016 have said she is pretty much the only one they would switch back for, not Bernie....Biden and Harris or Warren forget it.

What about Gabbard/Paul unity ticket, I would like it because now the media would have to attack both sides, what would CNN ever do ?

I really like what Trump is trying to do but things have gotten way out hand with political tribalism, anybody else is going to take us further left and alienate and anger the center/right, that's like 1/2 the country. Trump has polarized the situation to the point it is immobilizing choices that need to be made and the other side just wants to win.

I would like America to have a real choice in 2020, Gabbard Vs Trump fits the bill.
    I highly doubt she makes it through the primaries then again we thought that about Trump too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    This one is for the olbies of RPF do you remember Dennis Kucinich, if you don't he ran on the other side in 2008, he had many things he agreed with Ron Paul on.
    In fact many here on RPF said a Paul/Kucinich unity ticket could have beat an Obama/Biden ticket in 2008.

In 2020 Gabbard is the Kucinich of this race, much like Webb was in 2016 for the DNC.
    I have been posting to other forums that have political sections, and here is the interesting thing Obama voters from 2008/12 that switched to Trump in 2016 have said she is pretty much the only one they would switch back for, not Bernie....Biden and Harris or Warren forget it.

What about Gabbard/Paul unity ticket, I would like it because now the media would have to attack both sides, what would CNN ever do ?

I really like what Trump is trying to do but things have gotten way out hand with political tribalism, anybody else is going to take us further left and alienate and anger the center/right, that's like 1/2 the country. Trump has polarized the situation to the point it is immobilizing choices that need to be made and the other side just wants to win.

I would like America to have a real choice in 2020, Gabbard Vs Trump fits the bill.
    I highly doubt she makes it through the primaries then again we thought that about Trump too.
    She is much worse than Kucinich.
    She is a CFR hypocrite and Rand shouldn't touch her with a 10 ft. pole.
    If the Dems choose her then Trump will win but he may be pushed to outdo her at being antiwar for at least a year to take her best issue away from her so that might not be too bad but they will NOT choose her:

As Democrats Reunite With Neocons, Their Voters Are Becoming Far More Pro-War Than Republicans

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I was thinking that so far Tulsi Gabbard would be the least likely to move the republican platform away from a more hawkish foreign policy.

I doubt Kucinich would have voted against repealing the 2001 AUMF, voted to provide military assistance to the Ukraine, or for arming AlQaeda in Syria. Quite simply, she is no Kucinich.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah the CFR is an issue for sure.
    I think the issue is, in the primary how does the media treat her.
    Honest question, if not her then who from the DNC is the least offensive to liberty ?

I have looked at the rest of the lineup and it's pathetic, my perception is that every single one of these people would be worse for America than Trump.
    How pathetic is that.

Here is a statement from her when she met with Trump in 2016 after he won.

This was an opportunity to advocate for peace — and I felt it was important to take the opportunity to meet with the President-elect to counteract neocons’ steady drumbeats of war, which threaten to drag us into an escalation of the war to overthrow the Syrian government.
    Something does not add up here, and I am not sure what, aren't the CFR neocons overall ?
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 01-13-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Yeah the CFR is an issue for sure.
    I think the issue is, in the primary how does the media treat her.
    Honest question, if not her then who from the DNC is the least offensive to liberty ?

I have looked at the rest of the lineup and it's pathetic, my perception is that every single one of these people would be worse for America than Trump.
    How pathetic is that.
    That sounds accurate.

That's why the Demoncrat party must die.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Uhh... pass!

Although based on my Facebook feed, former RP libertarians love her. Not sure what is there to love about this communist.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Alex. He woke a lot of people up back in the day, but he has made our side look silly. That all said, I trust him more than CNN. He never was a propaganda tool to get us in needless war overseas.

Right, I agree, it's those that dismiss Alex out of hand that have
    clouded and rigid views, limited capacity and or counter agendas.
    I had followed Alex for 16 or 17 years, I realized/surmised about 10 years
    ago that he is a zionist shill, apologist or stooge, for some
    reason (be it funding etc) is controlled, (Sean Hannity
    much more so, along with most of Fox).
    Alex is an obnoxious, hypocritical-buffoon, yet he is still
    IMV the most important figure in the renaissance of our
    awaking population, awakening to the corruption in our govt
    and thirsting for truth and restoration of the Republic
    (inalienable rights as afforded us by the founders)
    Alex is perhaps less relevant today though, as the awakening is
    now pretty much at a saturation point, and fairly universal
    amongst the views of center to far right conservatives.
    -
    Hillary Prison
    Audit Fed
    Posse Comitatus
    Militarization of Law Enforcement
    Smart Appliances
    Phony Cell Towers
    False Flags
    William Binney
    NSA Meta Data Spying issue
    -
    Just to list a few of the topics that were viewed as heritical
    conspiracy theories, in time became vetted, accepted,
    and universally understood.
    I don't follow Alex today, as its much too tedious to deal
    with his website and since 2017 morphed into the
    Trump Channel, of course I support Trump, but the
    show is no longer as relevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That sounds accurate.

That's why the Demoncrat party must die.

Great point, I realize you probably don't advocate shutting them down literally,
    but today the most relevant parties and almost fair balance might be the
    Republican vs Libertarian parties.
    However a 'no party' system would probably be even better.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-14-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Could get inarresting.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Uhh... pass!

Although based on my Facebook feed, former RP libertarians love her. Not sure what is there to love about this communist.
    A fair number of "former RP libertarians" are just people that go around supporting whomever is the new hotness of the year. they were all Bernie bros last go around.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    A fair number of "former RP libertarians" are just people that go around supporting whomever is the new hotness of the year. they were all Bernie bros last go around.
    Or they are left leaning libertarians, I took a political poll recently that had many questions it was sectioned into 4, right authoritarian, left authoritarian, right libertarian, left libertarian.

I landed just slightly left of center in the liberty camp, it surprised me that I wasn't slightly right of center in the liberty section, and I ended up closer to the authoritarian section than I thought I should have been, but then again I do have strong opinions on abortion and that probably got me there.

The point, there was always slightly left leaning libertarians on RPF, those that said Kucinich was their second pick after Ron Paul in 2008 fall into that category.

As to your other point, it's very true, there is the fringe benefit that Gabbard is easier on the eyes than Trumps orange face; the Hildabeast didn't get there either.....yeah I went there, petty I know but I am being pragmatic, some people vote on a combination of policy/party and looks.

We are talking about somebody who can surf verses somebody that couldn't even climb stairs without help, the first woman to be President needs to have a certain amount of vigor so that she actually can win.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 01-14-2019 at 08:12 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the first woman to be President needs to have a certain amount of vigor so that she actually can win.
    Why presume that there ever has to be a first woman to be president?

I appreciate Infowars more than I let on in these posts. However, Alex is considered a benchmark for wackos in certain circles. I noted that the shills on the forum who disparage any article from from Infowars, let stand my claim that CNN and MSNBC are far worse.

Even the "Gay Frogs" memes vs global warming... A chemical in our water supply that has been scientifically proven in the lab to alter tthe anatomy and physiology of an animal is far more dangerous than emitting a natural gas (CO2) that may or may not raise the temperature a 1/2 degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Right, I agree, it's those that dismiss Alex out of hand that have
    clouded and rigid views, limited capacity and or counter agendas.
    I had followed Alex for 16 or 17 years, I realized/surmised about 10 years
    ago that he is a zionist shill, apologist or stooge, for some
    reason (be it funding etc) is controlled, (Sean Hannity
    much more so, along with most of Fox).
    Alex is an obnoxious, hypocritical-buffoon, yet he is still
    IMV the most important figure in the renaissance of our
    awaking population, awakening to the corruption in our govt
    and thirsting for truth and restoration of the Republic
    (inalienable rights as afforded us by the founders)
    Alex is perhaps less relevant today though, as the awakening is
    now pretty much at a saturation point, and fairly universal
    amongst the views of center to far right conservatives.
    -
    Hillary Prison
    Audit Fed
    Posse Comitatus
    Militarization of Law Enforcement
    Smart Appliances
    Phony Cell Towers
    False Flags
    William Binney
    NSA Meta Data Spying issue
    -
    Just to list a few of the topics that were viewed as heritical
    conspiracy theories, in time became vetted, accepted,
    and universally understood.
    I don't follow Alex today, as its much too tedious to deal
    with his website and since 2017 morphed into the
    Trump Channel, of course I support Trump, but the
    show is no longer as relevant to me.

No worries everyone. The establishment put out another candidate, and pretty much any source is spending much more time talking about him, if they talk about Gabbard at all. He even got one of the coveted prime interviews on a Sunday morning propaganda show.

Julián Castro officially announces 2020 presidential bid

San Antonio (CNN) — Former secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro officially announced his presidential bid in San Antonio on Saturday, beginning a campaign that will look to turn his uniquely American immigrant story into a direct repudiation of President Donald Trump.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I appreciate Infowars more than I let on in these posts. However, Alex is considered a benchmark for wackos in certain circles. I noted that the shills on the forum who disparage any article from from Infowars, let stand my claim that CNN and MSNBC are far worse.

Even the "Gay Frogs" memes vs global warming... A chemical in our water supply that has been scientifically proven in the lab to alter tthe anatomy and physiology of an animal is far more dangerous than emitting a natural gas (CO2) that may or may not raise the temperature a 1/2 degree.
    Absolutely, how Alex has turned himself in to the laughing stock is actually partly his fault but
    his detractors are fully guilty of lying about Alex through omission and ignoring if not hiding
    his true accomplishments, and again to anyone that cares, I'm both a huge supporter or have
    been of Alex, but at the same time, I have been a huge whiner regarding some of his
    relevant hypocrisies, hyperboles, and unfairness, Alex has easily brought as much to
    the table as Trump and of course I am still a big Trump fan despite obvious faults.
    I appreciate your open mindedness, its rare in political discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No worries everyone. The establishment put out another candidate, and pretty much any source is spending much more time talking about him, if they talk about Gabbard at all. He even got one of the coveted prime interviews on a Sunday morning propaganda show.

Julián Castro officially announces 2020 presidential bid
    Any relation to FC?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Great point, I realize you probably don't advocate shutting them down literally,
    Not by force, but they must be opposed and exposed as our #1 priority.
    If they kick over the table first force may become an option though.

but today the most relevant parties and almost fair balance might be the
    Republican vs Libertarian parties.
    That would certainly be an improvement but Libertarian vs. Constitution Party would be even better.

However a 'no party' system would probably be even better.
    I don't see how that would be possible without violate the right to organize and associate for political purposes, the best option would be to alter the system to make many parties viable as opposed to the current system where "3rd" parties are "spoilers".
    An end to plurality voting and a shift to a national proportional representation system where each candidate can win multiple votes for the House would work best in my opinion. (EC votes would still be calculated in the old way as if House seats were still assigned to districts in each state)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Besides being a total fake anti-war candidate, I hear she really hates the gays. She's going nowhere.
    Not even top 3 in Iowa
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Any relation to FC?
    Ideologically if not genealogically.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt Kucinich would have voted against repealing the 2001 AUMF, voted to provide military assistance to the Ukraine, or for arming AlQaeda in Syria. Quite simply, she is no Kucinich.
    Yep , Denny is an honest ( mostly )gun grabbing commie against foreign spending . She will never be honest.
    Do something Danke

That would certainly be an improvement but Libertarian vs. Constitution Party would be even better.

I'll be back in a couple hrs, but I agree, though I pretty much think of them being
    fairly synonymous , not that they are (I'm not really studied on that point)
    but I feel like I'm both constitutionalist and libertarian, well a little bit of
    conservative but not heavily weighted with it.

I need to spread some Rep around first...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://www.twitter.com/Lukewearecha...19905116229632

Has Gabbard ever been on any InfoWars shows?
    And here’s my point. Gabbard is fairly open about her anti-war stance. That would not be a reason for her to avoid certain media outlets or persons. Thus it would be things other than anti-war politics that might be too controversial for her to touch. As unfairly as it has been, Ron has been smeared with holding positions which he does not, or some form of guilt by association, even when there is no real connection at all, like someone deemed objectionable by the MSM is claimed to support Ron. (I.e. Hitler sent a donation to Ron, therefore he is a Nazi).

As the media is already smearing Gabbard in this way (aka they have already said that “members of the alt-right like her”), she may have a reason to avoid such interactions.

Considering how the deep state (FBI) has treated Trump, should a candidate take a telephone call from anyone?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-14-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If Gabbard was smart on 50% of the issues and wasn't a member of the CFR, I'd probably vote for her.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

When I'm wrong I'm wrong and I admit that some of this information on Gabbard is disturbing as I have liked alot of what she says over the years regarding this topic of Intervention. but, CFR and bad voting record on intervention, plus avoiding the organizations devoted to non-intervention is a red star cluster and should be considered. I'll give credit to @Swordsmyth for pointing this out.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I agree with Tulsi on Foreign Policy..But she is horrible on domestic issues...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I was thinking that so far Tulsi Gabbard would be the least likely to move the republican platform away from a more hawkish foreign policy.
    That has been my thinking all along .
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    When I'm wrong I'm wrong and I admit that some of this information on Gabbard is disturbing as I have liked alot of what she says over the years regarding this topic of Intervention. but, CFR and bad voting record on intervention, plus avoiding the organizations devoted to non-intervention is a red star cluster and should be considered. I'll give credit to @Swordsmyth for pointing this out.
    Yes , she is the most modern classic example of say one thing do another .
    Do something Danke

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand announces 2020 run . Hopefully all the senate dems will run and no longer vote .
    Do something Danke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast