Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American killed by tribemen in Indian islands

I bet R3volution 3.0 would like to have these nationalists/islandists bombed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Christians are commanded by Christ to go forth and spread the gospel.
    Yet, you cannot convert people who will not listen. Jesus Himself taught that those intentionally deaf cannot hear the message.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Yet, you cannot convert people who will not listen. Jesus Himself taught that those intentionally deaf cannot hear the message.

Seems to me I recall Christians being admonished in such cases to "kick the dust off [their] feet" and move on, not continue to impose where they aren'tbwanted and try to shove their dogma down the throats of others.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

A sovereign nation defending its borders. I have no complaint with that.

Anyone who knows how to locate Sentinel Island would know its reputation, so I can't work up too much sympathy for this fellow.

That said, murder is murder even if the victim is an idiot.

IDK, the story reads like some sort of parable/allegory for the bible/Jesus itself, instead of real news story. Bringing the gospel to the heathens and they respond by killing him. Hangin' out with fishermen, "walking" on water, stuff like that.

initials are JC even

"tribemen"
    Last edited by devil21; 11-30-2018 at 02:22 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Seems to me I recall Christians being admonished in such cases to "kick the dust off [their] feet" and move on, not continue to impose where they aren'tbwanted and try to shove their dogma down the throats of others.
    The believers in Rome should have dusted their Heels. long ago.
    Legalization was bad for the Church.

and God does not send people to be pointlessly killed. Men do that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

That said, murder is murder even if the victim is an idiot.
    Even if it is an Invader disrespecting your sovereignty?

It sounds like Coastal defense to me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Even if it is an Invader disrespecting your sovereignty?

It sounds like Coastal defense to me.
    Then you will support a policy of shooting invaders on our borders?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Then you will support a policy of shooting invaders on our borders?
    I did not say that I agree with his position,, nor the Islanders.. (I disagree actually)

simply pointing out similarities and hypocrisy.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I did not say that I agree with his position,, nor the Islanders.. (I disagree actually)

simply pointing out similarities and hypocrisy.
    R3v doesn't believe in borders or sovereignty, he would gladly invade the island and kill all the islanders to impose "freedom" and "civilization" on them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

R3v doesn't believe in borders or sovereignty, he would gladly invade the island and kill all the islanders to impose "freedom" and "civilization" on them.

I would see if I could trade with them,,

and see if any might have a pretty daughter.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    A sovereign nation defending its borders. I have no complaint with that.
    There is no such thing as a sovereign nation. Individuals have sovereign rights. Governments have delegated powers. National governments are servants, not masters. Any place where the nation is sovereign the people are slaves.

Bingo. Matthew 10:14

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

There is no such thing as a sovereign nation. Individuals have sovereign rights. Governments have delegated powers. National governments are servants, not masters. Any place where the nation is sovereign the people are slaves.
    So if individuals delegate authority to pay people to man the borders of their area...?

R3v... would gladly invade the island and kill all the islanders to impose "freedom" and "civilization" on them.
    Another guideline violation.
    We believe our lying eyes...

There is no such thing as a sovereign nation. I
    Of course there is

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Another guideline violation.
    Now you are defending R3v?

He openly advocates for imperial conquest.

I used to think you were just an obnoxious idiot but now you are making it clear that you are a card carrying member of team troll.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The nation is composed of the individuals, if they are sovereign then it is also sovereign.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now you are defending R3v?

He openly advocates for imperial conquest.

I used to think you were just an obnoxious idiot but now you are making it clear that you are a card carrying member of team troll.
    Yet another guideline violation.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    How can India allow such tribes to be legal when H1-B visas want U. S citizenship from 10 years jobs/working in USA ??

U.S President is the leader of the free world.
    In before Ender says this is not a valid argument.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I don’t think that is the issue here. The issue is that this particular tribe is thought to have immigrated from Africa centuries ago and were federally protected to ensure their continued way of life and lack of immunity to disease.

As far as I understand there was some contact made, and care was taken to ensure disease would not be brought to the island.

This almost exactly mirrors the experience of Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Pete Fleming, Roger Youderian, and Ed McCully in Ecuador back in 1956. It was chronicled in the book Through Gates of Splendor, by Elisabeth Elliot.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I don’t think that is the issue here. The issue is that this particular tribe is thought to have immigrated from Africa centuries ago and were federally protected to ensure their continued way of life and lack of immunity to disease.

As far as I understand there was some contact made, and care was taken to ensure disease would not be brought to the island.

This almost exactly mirrors the experience of Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Pete Fleming, Roger Youderian, and Ed McCully in Ecuador back in 1956. It was chronicled in the book Through Gates of Splendor, by Elisabeth Elliot.
    Reminds me of the Star Trek Prime Directive.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....ime-directive/

Except the story of the American missionaries in Ecuador actually happened. The book is short enough that people who want the thumbnail sketch can understand the mentality behind taking the risk.
    #NashvilleStrong

I would suggest that some reading be done outside the MSM. There are quite a few articles, even from the sending missionary agency that might give a fuller explanation of this incident.

Even today the ministry of Saint, Elliot, et al. is held with a large degree of skepticism in some mission circles. Husband and I do not agree with this skepticism. We have many friends who serve around the world and we feel like we understand the motivation of being drawn to a certain area or people group.
    #NashvilleStrong

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So if individuals delegate authority to pay people to man the borders of their area...?
    First: A nation isn't "your" area. The only area that is "your" area is the area that you privately and personally own.

Second: As you do not privately and personally own all the land in the USA it is not "yours" and you cannot delegate to anyone or any organization the authority to do anything at its borders.

Third: Delegated authority doe snot make the organization in question sovereign. Just because I hire a security company to protect my business does not mean they are not lords, masters, and kings over anyone or thing. This is no less true of "government" which is merely an agency hired by private individuals to perform some task the individuals could already do themselves. If your hireling becomes sovereign then the hireling is the master and you the slave.

Fourth: People have a natural right to freely exchange goods and services with whomsoever they choose, from wheresoever they choose. If you interfere in that you are a tyrant.

Bonus: Standing armies are unconstitutional. Hiring a massive armed force to stand at the boundaries of the nation and to beat, cage, or kill people is a violation of the prohibition against standing armies. Indeed, it is nothing less than if I hired a security force to surround your home and then beat, cage, or kill people as I order them to do so, whether you like it or not.

These are basic constitutional limitations and basic property rights. Anyone claiming to be a minarchist or libertarian should understand them.

The nation is composed of the individuals, if they are sovereign then it is also sovereign.
    Individuals cannot be a "they." Individual is singular. "They" is collectivism.

"It" is a thing. "It" has no rights because it is not a living human being and therefore cannot be sovereign over anything.

The individual is sovereign- meaning the sole ruler of his or her life. And only his or her life. Each being sovereign means they cannot be sovereign over another- they cannot direct, order, or rule the lives of others.

Arguing the nation -i.e. the government- is "sovereign" is just more fascist collectivism designed specifically to deny the individual sovereign his or her basic rights by forcing them to submit to the will of the collectivist state.

Any place where the nation is sovereign the people are slaves.

Individuals cannot be a "they." Individual is singular. "They" is collectivism.
    IndividualS is plural and therefore "they" is appropriate.

"It" is a thing. "It" has no rights because it is not a living human being and therefore cannot be sovereign over anything.
    "It" is a group of people who have rights and can be sovereign over their territory.

The individual is sovereign- meaning the sole ruler of his or her life. And only his or her life. Each being sovereign means they cannot be sovereign over another- they cannot direct, order, or rule the lives of others.

Arguing the nation -i.e. the government- is "sovereign" is just more fascist collectivism designed specifically to deny the individual sovereign his or her basic rights by forcing them to submit to the will of the collectivist state.

Any place where the nation is sovereign the people are slaves.
    National sovereignty is relative to other nations it means the same thing about a group that it means about an individual, no other group can overrule them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

First: A nation isn't "your" area. The only area that is "your" area is the area that you privately and personally own.

Second: As you do not privately and personally own all the land in the USA it is not "yours" and you cannot delegate to anyone or any organization the authority to do anything at its borders.
    Nonsense.

Third: Delegated authority doe snot make the organization in question sovereign. Just because I hire a security company to protect my business does not mean they are not lords, masters, and kings over anyone or thing. This is no less true of "government" which is merely an agency hired by private individuals to perform some task the individuals could already do themselves. If your hireling becomes sovereign then the hireling is the master and you the slave.
    Group sovereignty is relative to other groups and is the result of the individual sovereignty of its members.

Fourth: People have a natural right to freely exchange goods and services with whomsoever they choose, from wheresoever they choose. If you interfere in that you are a tyrant.
    People do not have a right to come to my area and impose their preference for tyranny on me and I have a right to keep them from doing so.

Bonus: Standing armies are unconstitutional. Hiring a massive armed force to stand at the boundaries of the nation and to beat, cage, or kill people is a violation of the prohibition against standing armies. Indeed, it is nothing less than if I hired a security force to surround your home and then beat, cage, or kill people as I order them to do so, whether you like it or not.

These are basic constitutional limitations and basic property rights. Anyone claiming to be a minarchist or libertarian should understand them.
    LOL
    As long as the budget is approved every two years a standing army IS constitutional and standing law enforcement doesn't even have that limitation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast