Thread: Iran preps 'industrial-scale' nuke production after U.S. leaves nuclear deal

Iran preps 'industrial-scale' nuke production after U.S. leaves nuclear deal

Iran will prepare for the “industrial scale” production of nuclear fuel even as it seeks guarantees from other countries to honor the Iran deal despite the recent United States' withdrawal from the agreement.
    Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif described his government’s reaction to President Trump’s decision on Tuesday to re-impose U.S. sanctions on foreign companies that do business with Iran, in a statement posted to Twitter on Friday.
    "The President of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran has been tasked with taking all necessary steps in preparation for Iran to pursue industrial-scale enrichment without any restrictions, using the results of the latest research and development of Iran's brave nuclear scientists," the statement said.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/602117002/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And of course Trump and Nuttinbutayahoo will falsely claim this proves it was a bad deal when the opposite is true.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Seems like this would sabotage all hopes of maintaining the deal with countries that we're still interested in honoring it. Doesn't this just end chances of trade with those countries that might be willing to resist U.S. sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Seems like this would sabotage all hopes of maintaining the deal with countries that we're still interested in honoring it. Doesn't this just end chances of trade with those countries that might be willing to resist U.S. sanctions?
    Just a poorly researched hit piece to justify sanction increases.
    With just a 'little' effort they could inform their viewers that 'industrial scale production' simply means
    they are going to move from the labs and R&D to production.

The critical question is WHAT are they going to produce?
    Likely it will be nuclear fuel... which is LEU... at about 20% U-235 enrichment.
    Why?
    Because under the 'deal' they had to purchase their fuel from Russia.
    Now they can make their own.... 'industrial scale' is just spin. (pardon the centrifugal pun
    It's about $5million/quarter pound. Why buy (now)?? Homegrow & save!

Weapons grade is HEU and is enriched to about 95%-99% U-235. (& produces Plutonium as a by-product.. NASTY stuff.)
    This very complicated process takes considerably MORE time, energy and equipment... like gas diffusion etc.
    There ARE (now) known 'shortcuts' like laser enrichment... even more difficult but faster.
    a MUCH more difficult process no matter what.
    They have stated they have NO interest in going down that road.
    That it's an 'offense' to their faith.

So yeah... the IAEA will probably still monitor their fuel production
    which gives the EU 'partners' the assurances they need to maintain trade with Iran.
    The US, Israel & Saudis will beat the war and sanctions drums no matter WHAT Iran does.
    Can't wait for the latest episodes of 'Nikki UNLEASHED!!!' coming soon to a UNGA meeting near u.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 05-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I don't understand why Iran would even want to use nuclear energy when they are so rich in oil. I mean, why mess with something that is such a problem to store safely? Seems like nuclear power plants and waste storage sites would be a good target for countries wanting to destroy their country with the excuse they were developing weapons.

I don't understand why Iran would even want to use nuclear energy when they are so rich in oil. I mean, why mess with something that is such a problem to store safely? Seems like nuclear power plants and waste storage sites would be a good target for countries wanting to destroy their country with the excuse they were developing weapons.
    There are conflicting logics around this point... the 'world' would never 'forgive' the bomber of active nuclear sites
    and
    it especially makes no sense if you're downwind of an area where you created the contamination. Shalom.

As for Oil vs NPPs they only have 1 NPP w/ 2 reactors, Russian built, at the Port city of Bushehr commissioned last year.
    It comes down to water for cooling but they are way more efficient than hydrocarbon generating plants across their lifespan.

The 'future' is likely to see much, much smaller NPPs... the technology is already here.
    It saves on infrastructure (like transmission lines) to the interior cities with smaller populations.
    I think this is where they are headed.

Saudi Arabia is going the same route and in negotiations to develop as we speak.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 05-13-2018 at 05:01 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...ass-nuke-deal/

OH BOY! Iranian Regime Threatens to Release Names of Western Officials Who Took Bribes to Pass Nuke Deal

Energy independence. Sell all the oil and a few modern nuclear power plants can produce enough power to power most of the country with little to no risk of nuclear meltdowns and produce little waste.

Energy independence. Sell all the oil and a few modern nuclear power plants can produce enough power to power most of the country with little to no risk of nuclear meltdowns and produce little waste. And one pound of uranium can produce enough energy that it takes something like 3 million pound sof goal to match it.